Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fisherdaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#636 7 years ago

would love to see a grateful dead pin!

9 months later
#1455 6 years ago

Grateful dead !!!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

11 months later
#2687 5 years ago

Jurassic world would be nice

#2699 5 years ago

Never going to happen, but what if Stern made a generic Music pin. Had a jukebox similar to ACDC with a generic music theme (non band specific) and then allowed you to add what band(s) or songs you wanted to the jukebox. You could customize the translite with whatever band, group, rapper, or whatever you wanted. Might eliminate the "X band deserves a pin" argument.

3 months later
#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Stanger things?

I'd prefer that personally over Elvira. To each their own, and im sure the game will be awesome, but once again Stern is going with a theme that's not really relevant to my generation.

1 month later
#3855 4 years ago

I thought the home edition pins were huge flops? Didn't the iron man and batman home editions end up selling at Costco? In my industry, when you end up having to sell to Costco its because you have too much inventory that you couldn't sell through your normal channels

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

Just been told by an insider that 'Grease' is the word.

I mean it aligns with themes that were once popular a few decades ago. But if it really was grease, why would they announce it at comic con?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4150 4 years ago

Donald Stern everybody

donald stern (resized).jpgdonald stern (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The problem with a Tron Vault might be less to do with Stern and more to do with Disney, I think Stern are well aware they could easily produce a Tron Vault and sell them at current NIB prices, it’s more likely not happened because Disney don't care all that much about TRON.

Why would they want to relicense a theme when they can just rewrap a turd in nice wrapping paper.

#4657 4 years ago

Serious question, did they finally finish and distribute the sw topper?

#4671 4 years ago

I'd love to see a Rick and morty pin.. the callout potential would be endless

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want some classic 80's Rock and Roll
Stern needs to consider doing Def Leppard-screw Bon Jovi

An 80s hair band pin would rule! I know it would be impossible license wise, but a combination of top hair bands would be awesome.

#4847 4 years ago

My prediction is TMNT but not based on the beloved movie, instead its that garbage art that they do now.

1 week later
#5060 4 years ago
Quoted from craag:

Teddy Roosevelt pinball. With bears and mountains and rough riders. He died 100 years ago so it's fair game

Great idea but, Stern tends to do themes that are only 50 years out of date.

1 week later
#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

No , they must do the dual Total Recall game....

I assume Stern doesn't want to hear the phrase "total recall" given all the playfield issues that they've had.

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

What about 80s film gremlins as a pin?

Gremlins is my second favorite Christmas movie, obviously die hard is my number one.

2 weeks later
#5679 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Just posted to youtube:

There are rumors of a stadium tour with Def Leppard and Poison

ahhhh the old we ran out of money tour! classic

#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Please tell me this is a joke

Pokémon would be a killer theme for operators

#5795 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Not Stern but really hoping JJP Guns & Roses is done properly....

Dialed in reskin

1 week later
#5857 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Predicted Reveal date: 12/11/2019
Updating to only include “Cornerstone games” According to Special when lit, the goal is 4 cornerstone games per year. This year we have Munsters, Black Knight, and Jurassic Park. A cornerstone game follows the pro/premium/LE model. On top of that, if you are only measuring time between cornerstone games launched in the past 3 years (after switching over to LCD), you come up with 138 days between launches. That neatly works out to… next week. I am officially predicting a teaser video on Wednesday 11 December followed by a full reveal on Friday the 13th of December… 2 weeks before Christmas. It is theoretically possible to get LEs to owners by Christmas.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Next pin: 12/11/2019
Fingers crossed for a Bryan Eddy Stranger Things… and fingers crossed for a local MD arcade to pick one up for me to play!

Love the research!

good-will-hunting-oral-history-2[1] (resized).jpggood-will-hunting-oral-history-2[1] (resized).jpg
#5926 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Kaneda’s post on Facebook.
We will see.
[quoted image]

I thought we weren't allowed to use his name on this site?

Lordvoldemort (resized).jpgLordvoldemort (resized).jpg
#5936 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Rick and Morty: Loosely based on and 80's movie with alternative twist.
Strangers Things: Based on life in the 80's with an alternative twist.
And these are supposed to be the pins that will bring the themes out of old man themes. LOL

Not really sure you can lump rick and morty into the 80's rehash bucket. Yeah it was originally based off of a spoof of BTTF, but the current show is its own unique animal that strays very much from BTTF.

#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean besides the fact that it is an adult swim rehash of an 80's move. Or that the main people are Rick (Doc) and Morty (Marty) that travel in a space ship that copy's the DeLorien. Nope nothing from the 80's movie rehashed here.

booom (resized).jpgbooom (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6086 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm sure there's an Avengers sitting in some distro's basement somewhere. That distro's wishing it was a Transformers...

wasn't avengers sales so bad that they ended up offloading them at Costco or some warehouse club?

#6100 4 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I vote for JAWS
I don't see STERN mass producing any table that isn't generically close to fitting a lot of their buyer audience. Safer sales for them in such after all they are there to make money. Not that Stranger things wouldn't be cool but there are a lot of people out there that have never even seen that show and or even like it. I just cant see STERN alienating half or a quarter of their sales in a theme that does not fit most of the audiences that would buy it. At that point, time is money... the setup of the production line would actually loose money in projected sales picking a theme that would not sale double then a more popular theme/Lisc machine would.

I think you underestimate the popularity of stranger things. I would say its on par if not greater than walking dead, and walking dead is hands down one of the most popular stern pins on route. I liked Jaws growing up but I think its way past its prime at this point.

1 week later
#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think John Wick would work best with a shallower rule set, keep it simple but constant in your face gameplay, no scoops or posts to stop balls.
Ironman on steroids, drop targets mid table to ricochet the ball back at you, magnets to throw it back at you, kick backs to fire your balls back at you.
Have the continental as a physical toy to lock balls, mid playfield drops and magnets would be all the goons and assassins you have to fight and kill, you could collect weapons like in TWD, better weapons give you bigger points or double down shots required to complete modes.
Add some great art and lightshows and it would be an instant buy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!! Yes!! a thousand times yes! John Wick would be a killer theme

1 month later
#6520 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Line manager: Well, WWE and Iron Man...

I'm pretty sure I heard some distributors still have nib WWEs

#6583 4 years ago

After weeks of him blathering about the game he finally played it?

1 week later
#6697 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Keith Elwin + South Park = take my money

an updated southpark with a killer playfield would be a grail for me for sure! So much call out potential

2 weeks later
#7213 4 years ago

We need John Wick!!!

jwick (resized).jpgjwick (resized).jpg
2 years later
#28619 1 year ago

Ozzy is a legend but if they do two music pins in a row that's a bummer. With that said im fine with it, gives me time to save for jaws

3 weeks later
#29609 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

PREY was incredible...
some small slight critique
• CGI needed more time to bake
• Sub titles would of worked better
Other than that I'd say by far this was the best installment since the original. I really enjoyed the tone & pacing. Loved that dog

Oh man, prey was frigan awesome! Great to finally see an action movie that isn't a carbon copy of John wick.

1 week later
#30583 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Yes... but Bally/Williams did it better they did so much more with so much less

Idk I sorta liked the lower pf on munsters premium. I thought it shot better than Congo

1 week later
#31426 1 year ago

Venom makes sense since their production facility is at capacity and struggling to keep up with demand for previous titles. Make an unpopular pin so you can say you have a new title while catching up on others

#31436 1 year ago
Quoted from Jail_bones:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like it’s so anticlimactic to know the next release for like a year, but not really actually know at the same time? This release will drop and all of us will be saying “hm. I guess it really was ( insert one of 3 titles )”

Nah not really. It's a small community and it seems like stern listens to theme requests from pinside. With that said, there have been so many rumors and dream theme titles suggested that to me it's always a surprise in the end.

#31441 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So... the plan is to invest capitol into something you think will be a losing venture so you can say to your consumers "Hey, we think this is bad but we put this out there to say we put something out there"?????
That's a great way to go out of business.

I think Stern's licensing department drives what IP they get, not Pinsiders. That said, there are some Stern guys like Dwight and Jack that seem to interact over Pinside to get player/owner feedback on existing titles.

My first comment was a joke. But in regards to theme choice, I'd have to assume they have their pulse on what their target demo wants and pinside is a great place to see it. Godzilla seems to come to mind. People were clambering for one for years and finally they delivered. Im not saying they only do the bidding of pinside but they definitely seem to know their fan base

1 week later
#32253 1 year ago

Oh man I was just reading an FB post of a guy swearing off stern and threatening to liquidate his stern collection due to no announcement. Two or three scolls down was the announcement. The song alone gave me goosebumps can't wait to see it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fisherdaman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=fisherdaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.