Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eaglepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9964 3 years ago

Looks like a fun one!!!!

8 months later
#17633 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I love Star Wars and these are pictures of my ceiling in my game room . I don't subscribe to Disney so I have not seen the mandalorian .
Because the game is in the Star Wars universe , I could be interested but only if the actual gameplay is a Knockout .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that's really amazing! How was that done on the ceiling?

1 year later
#28860 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Maybe I’m mistaken, but when they originally announced that they were skipping the spring cornerstone, I thought it was mentioned that the new one would be august. Plus it seems like it’s been widely published on the released schedules
Update: found the original email. This is why there would need to be another announcement. This specifically mentioned august[quoted image]

Lol don’t spoil people’s speculation with actual information

7 months later
#36213 1 year ago

K

Quoted from BW1029:

Have been a longtime casual player and now a new owner of a Bond Prem. I'm already hooked and am plotting on what my 2nd machine should be(pending wife approval of course). Honest question though with all this discussion about themes. I appreciate a good theme but how do you weight theme vs layout/playability. I know its ultimately personal opinion but it feels like such a hard decision when committing to one game to own and play vs. feeding quarters wherever my heart desired.

Like you said, everyone is different. Some people are all about the theme. Others are more interested in the layout & rules. And it’s all just personal preference.

For me owning at home, I want it to stay interesting for awhile. So for me that means a pin with

1. A good layout with a couple interesting shots

2. A rule set & callouts that make it fun to play and that gives those energetic pinball moments where you celebrate accomplishing something, and

3. Depth with a few fun wizard modes that makes it not terribly easy to get to the end of the game.

So theme is relatively low on my list of factors.

However, while a great layout is certainly nice, I think an average layout with good rules and good callouts/music can be much better to play and own than a great layout with average rules and bland callouts/music.

#36448 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not to derail this thread btw - I’m seriously curious: What defines my ‘style’ and what don’t you like about it?
Legit question as all I ever try to do is spend every second I can squeeze out of a schedule trying to prove that you can create unique and interesting composition and drawings that hopefully look like they’re worth the price and are thoughtful to the subject at hand. There’s more - but that’s the basic gist…
But something about that is unlikeable to you so I am curious. Not trying to be a dick - legit trying to understand in case I’ve been wasting my life
I haven’t had a vacation in 10+ years as a result btw. So I really do question my efforts. This could help!
/end derailment

Don't question your style. Amazing work. Period. I have an Avengers Infinity Quest and Godzilla right next to each other and they look so good because of what you did. And I'm really looking forward Foo Fighters that's now on the way. Be you. It's good. Really good.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#36520 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

All 1000 LEs sold out in minutes...hmmmmm

Lol that's marketing wording. Doesn't say how many minutes. Could have been a week but that can still be counted in minutes

#36552 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The investment group bought a controlling interest when Stern almost went under, so that was as close to a private sale as Stern will ever do, already. If they IPO, I think it would be a terrible investment, but it will be interesting to watch when they have to report their financials - something we can only guess at now. Anyone who has dealt with parts or read employee reviews at places like Glassdoor knows they are not a well-managed company.

Oh my. Could you imagine the threads that would start for Pinside MBAs to debate and extrapolate meaning from every line on a pinball company’s financial statements?

5 months later
#39951 8 months ago

Remember Jaws was the code name for Jurassic Park. So for all those who though Jaws was next, it looks like you're kinda right.

#39995 8 months ago

As someone who's bought Stern LE's, my lesson with this seems to be that there's no need to buy an initial Stern LE run anymore.

If you don't totally like an LE or can't get ahold of one for the first LE they make, then you can sit back and wait to see if you like the next LE package they're going to make. And maybe buy a pro while you wait.

1 week later
#40449 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am excited for Elwin Jaws but what I really want to see Elwin do is King Kong. He did such an amazing job with Godzilla that an Elwin King Kong would be the perfect fit. Anyone who has an Elwin Godzilla will want an Elwin King Kong to go next to it. Seriously need to make this happen-if not already in the works.
Elwin/Franchi King Kong masterpiece-pretty please with a cherry on top
[quoted image][quoted image]

Imagine if they did a King Kong that could be linked to a Godzilla so you could play side by side on Godzilla & Kong machines as Godzilla vs. Kong. That would be pretty fun.

6 months later
#46010 22 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

George talked about how the hat was "originally his" (I think this was his statement-) and he took it out because it was fouling shots. then keith used it in his.

This. It was discussed a lot in interviews around the game's release.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eaglepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.