20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Well ... a bat-mobile (66) will be at the Stern 30th Extravaganza ... that should tell you something.

As well as the fact that Adam West will be there for a VIP only meet and greet before the party. To get a VIP ticket from your distributor you need to pre-order a Batman pinball machine.

7 months later
#633 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Wishful thinking complete with chainsaw flipper bats

I was in the middle of making my own Batman 66 game when Stern announced they were making Batman 66.

I changed my retheme to Ash vs Evil Dead so it makes sense that it will be Sterns next pin (after Star Wars).

3 months later
#843 6 years ago

Whatever.the game is looks like Batman66 artist Chris Franchi did the art for it. He will be doing a seminar at Expo this year with Greg Feres. He says he will hopefully be revealing his new Stern game art at expo.

Let the speculation begin.

Screenshot_20170813-104121 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170813-104121 (resized).png

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#859 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...other than Elivra I can't imagine what Franchi might be doing, any thoughts?

Iron Maiden had been mentioned as an upcoming theme for a while. Franchi had done a lot of Kiss stuff in thge padt, so maybe Iron Maiden?

I agree it would be nice to see Greg Feres as the Elvira 3 artist but maybe it could be a joint project? Thats probably not likely though since their styles dont really look the same.

1 month later
#974 6 years ago

Some more clues via Chris Franchi. This confirms the next game is a John Borg design with art by Franchi. I hope the rumors of a Guardians of the Galaxy theme are true. I guess we'll find out when its revealed at his Expo seminar in a month.

rps20170914_152122 (resized).jpgrps20170914_152122 (resized).jpg

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This photo was online.. No way that is a Stern!

Its not. Those are for a retheme project in SA. I think it used 8 ball as the donor game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galxy-cabinets

4 weeks later
#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From their seminar/talk which was embarrassingly weak, George confirms/admits his code studio is working around the clock and from a comment along the lines of "even at late hours if you drive past the factory there is usually a light on in the code studio" suggest their often working out of hours, which aint fair on those guys.

Yeah they admit the software team is overworked and the global pinball market is growing. Why doesnt Stern just hire more coders? I guess they appear to be okay with the current status quo since they said nothing about how they were going to improve code development going forward.

3 years later
#16891 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Great, a Zack Snyder Justice League pinball. It will require you to put the back legs as low as possible with the front legs to the top so it plays in slow motion the whole time.

And you'll definitely need pinstadiums since compared to Marvel themes, a Zack Snyder pin will be very "dark".

#16899 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh yeah, this would be a horrrrible vibe for a pin. Absolute garbage
If Stern were smart they would make a 90’s Batman Animated series pin. It would sell out in heartbeat. Especially with the 30 somethings that are starting to drop tens of thousands on pins. The music alone in the series...mind blowing. The greatest depiction of Batman period, even better than the first film.

Custom callouts by Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as Joker would be great.

3 weeks later
#18401 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cool video.
What does Grogu do?

His primary function is to look cute and get people to put quaters in the game on location. From that perspective, he is perfect.

For home use I suspect the mod community will bring him to life.

3 months later
#21328 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

"Has Movie Clips" From what Movie? Era?
With LCDs now seems like Movie clips are going be there. Or can be added later ..

If they use clips from the films I wonder which style they will go with. Godzilla's looks and size have evolved quite a bit over the years, even within the Toho films.

kju7a5dzbr731 (resized).jpgkju7a5dzbr731 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#28979 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Jack basically said Stern has Jaws on the Super Awesome Pinball show .
The episode has now been deleted , I guess it caused a bit of shit behind the scenes .
Spewing I missed it .

I listened to that episode and at about the 70min mark when Franchi and Chris say they know what license Jack is talking about Franchi starts humming the James Bond theme (but then they also play the first few notes of jaws theme in rhe background). The theme Franchi was humming though was defintely Bond not Jaws.

So could the "just a movie poster worth of assets" refer to Bond instead of Jaws? I hope not cuz, I think Bond would translate to a pinball game much better than Jaws.

1 month later
#32679 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kapow was involved if the pin covers multiple Bonds. Pretty sure he was involved with the slot machine licensing and that covered them all except Lazenby.

Franchi said in the recent SAPS podcast that he isn't doing art for any Stern games but did say might do stuff for Kapow.

If there is a a Kapow SLE of Bond maybe Franchi would do some if the art for it?

#32686 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Remember he started in the industry in the early 1980's, he designed the Gorf Tron Satans Hallow
Joystick I believe....

He also was a designer on the classic 1983 Bally arcade video game Spy Hunter which was clearly inspired by Bond.

#32700 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

How do you reckon the call outs will be done for Bond?

I think all the callouts should be done by Odd Job.

#32709 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Spoiler: Odd Job never speaks in the movies.

That was the intended joke.

1 week later
#33034 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I wasn't interested in the possibility of Jaws being in line to be made. But after playing GZ and now seeing James Bond, I'd love to see what Stern can do with Jaws. They certainly are on a roll.

The rumors were Keith Elvin was doing a Jaws pin. Could Jaws just ne be the codename for the Roger Moore based Bond game since Jaws was the most famous henchman from the Moore era Bond films ?

#33233 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So what is the deal, is this Elwin Model just another addition to the 3 and then there is also going to be a SLE? Or is this considered the 4th SLE and there will only be a total of 4?
Pro
Premium
LE
Elwin
SLE?

In the Gomez interview I think he said that if sales are good they might make a goldfinger version at a later date.

#33340 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

...Laverne and Shirley

Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated multiball

#33422 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All I want in life is a mode dedicated to Crispins dance moves in F13 or an entire pin based on his role Layne in Rivers Edge.

Quoted from cait001:

I want nothing more than a pin dedicated to Sir Crispin Hellion Glover.

Well for now you'll just have to settle for his father Bruce Glover as Mr Wint from Diamonds are Forever. Maybe we'll get this clip in the Bond game.

daf+mr+wint+bomb+legs.gifdaf+mr+wint+bomb+legs.gif
4 weeks later
#33775 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't see how part shortages and delaying games would affect coding , if anything it should give them more time to code .
They have movie clips , its not like they have to make their own assets like Deadpool or Jurassic Park

Its's not just a matter of playing clips thiugh. I think it's easy to underestimate the level of work done to integrate the clips as well as create clips that are a hybrid of existing footage combined newly created content or 100% new content that matches the style of the game.

Even in a theme like Bond, Elvira, Godzilla, or Batman that has lots of available video clips to use, I bet they compromise less than half of the total content that ends up getting used on the screen.

1 month later
#34415 1 year ago

In the latest Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast Franchi said he was working on a new project that wasn't coming out until 2025. He said the license was a big favorite of his. He said was so exited about it that he started work on it immediately and has already finished the cabinet and backbox art for it.

1 month later
#35439 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There's a few potential mini-games .
[quoted image]

robocop-id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.gifrobocop-id-buy-that-for-a-dollar.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,894 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.