20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17843 2 years ago

I went to see a dealer today. (I've bought a few pins from him and I felt like playing some pins in his showrooom, and I also bought a Voodoo PF glass) This dealer buys multiple pins of every release. A few pros, some premiums and an LE or two. Usually they'll be setup in his showroom. (Which is why I went over there)

He was telling me that he ordered a Mando LE on May 4th. He sent the distributor a $2,500 deposit. Later that day the distributor called him to tell him that his pre-order was cancelled because they sold out. He told me that about an hour or two after he was told it was cancelled, the distributor called him to tell him that he can get him back on the list for an LE.....for $13K.
They did this to a dealer who buys multiple pins of every release. (I didn't ask him which distributor, but that is some shady 5hit) So when we say we'd rather have distributors get paid rather than scalpers, in this instance....what is the difference?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#18586 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Yep. Van Halen or Motley would be an instant buy for me. As would Journey & Green Day.

There was that Journey video game in the 80s.
The band suggestions are too hard rock/metal centric. Let's see some Depeche Mode or Pet Shop Boys. Who isn't addicted to that Allstate commercial with Opportunities (for us in the US)?

#18674 2 years ago

I am done with band themes.

I don't know if the license is owned by anyone but what about a pin based on the DC comics universe? We had Batman Dark Knight, but a Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman or even Justice League pin would be cool themes.

1 month later
#18945 2 years ago

I am not an LZ (band) fan. I don't dislike them, I am just not a classic rock guy. I am indifferent to them. I am also a mediocre player, but I will say that LZ Prem is awesome. Pro is another story. I could not get into it. For me, that additional ramp for that upper flipper makes all the difference for me.

I was about to buy an LZ prem but at the last second I went with a JP Pro. Why? I could not get over the cabinet on the Premium. I get that it was an album cover, but IMO, it is hideous. The drab translite could be mitigated with a custom print, but you are stuck with that cab on the prem.

#18950 2 years ago

I used to be a huge Bally/Williams bigot. DE/Sega (I consider Stern to be the continuation of DE/Sega) were crap to me. Hated the flippers. Now I am so used to them that WMS/Bally games feel weird.
Also, I cannot get into JJP games. They seem too slow for my liking. Plus, I don't like Lawlor pins and all of the JJP pins seem Lawlor-like.

#19093 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Spooky has now proven that a layout can be used for two themes. I would like to have the Archer theme. This would sell to those of us who like the layout but don’t like Maiden.

I agree with that. I like the Iron Maiden pin, but the theme kills it for me.

It's not like Stern hasn't done this before (Family Guy/Shrek)

I always wondered why they didn't do that more often.

1 week later
#19299 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont think Stern has ever re-skinned any machine with a new theme have they? So I would assume the chance is 0%.

Shrek was a re-themed Family Guy. So they have done it before. To me that wasn't a huge departure as IMO, the person who'd buy a FG might be the same person who'd buy a Shrek.

I'd like them to re-theme Iron Maiden. I have zero interest in that theme. But re-theme with something completely different where you wouldn't be going after the same customer. So don't re-theme with another Metal band is what I am saying.

#19313 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Iron Maiden IS a retheme. So...you want a re-theme of a re-theme then?

Iron Maiden is a re-theme of what?

#19315 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

More than a simple reskin, but GOTG is the MET layout.

Many pins have similar layouts, but what we are talking about is a reskin. Ala FG/Shrek or Halloween/Ultra-Man. With a similar theme you still need a designer to build it from scratch. A re-theme only needs new art (and toys)/software. Much lower costs

#19318 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Archer.
C'mon keep up.
We played it at Banning.

I get what you are saying, but for the others
Stern didn't release an Archer and then retheme it.

#19323 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What do you suppose this means? I hope its not wifi for updates cuz our internet is horrible .
[quoted image]

That means that in their next pinball machine your goal will be to save the earth. So BTTF is it as you will need to correct timelines....or wait Godzilla...dang it.

#19326 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Don't mind me, my bone dry sarcastic humor does not translate to pinside.
I love what Spooky has done with the new machine, more options in our hobby is great.
Lots of extra work, yes.
But the Ultramans sold out.
Cheers.

I totally got your comment (as sarcastic). I just followed up for others that may not have gotten it. Which is why I said "I get what you are saying"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rio Rancho, NM

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dinot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=dinot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.