FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20941 2 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:In the latest email blast from Cointaker they mention bringing Stern Mando Pro and Godzilla to the White Rose York Show on Oct 8th and 9th.

Yep!

1C95999C-98B4-48DB-806B-7FC9ABFF5CC7 (resized).jpeg1C95999C-98B4-48DB-806B-7FC9ABFF5CC7 (resized).jpeg

#20945 2 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

And Cointaker just sent out a second email blast with Godzilla removed..... haha whoops.

Stern’s worst kept secret in many releases.

The cat was really out of the bag several years ago when “someone” landed the Godzilla license as Spooky was pursuing it.

#20954 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

What if Stern snatched the Godzilla license just to add credence to the fake codename for their next title?
[quoted image]

Haha - the "Godzilla" license for pinball would most certainly be Harry Potter. Wouldn't that be a twist?!

#21135 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What the heck are you doing up at 4am !? What the heck am I doing up?

Actually…I’m up at 5am to start my trip to pick up a Star Wars Comic Prem. It’s been a long wait since I missed out on an LE at release.

And excited about seeing Godzilla on Monday too - it’s a great birthday week for me!

1 month later
#22741 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Stern said they planned on trying to get one more in this year. I'm not 100% sure but I think it was gomez, who either stated or strongly hinted at 1 more this year.

I think January is the next game, then Ritchie’s game in May (which another designer took over and completely redesigned).

#22746 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Rush, then Bond (Ritchie) finished by Gomez.

Yes - it’s Gomez - but he started over from scratch on the layout.

I’m also excited to see Randy Martinez’s 2022 title. Maybe Book of Boba Fett? (Just a wild guess - I have no idea)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22748 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I trust Gomez over Ritchie anyway. And there’s no way in hell Stern will do two Boba Fett games. Also feel like Martinez is the bottom of the barrel of Stern’s graphic artists. New blood needed. Dudes work on Mando looks like crayola crayons, he doesn’t have a firm understanding of color mixing, figure drawing or composition.

Not true at all about Martinez - that SW Comic art is flipping awesome. I prefer his work over ZY actually.

I get it that you don’t like his style, but you don’t need to bag on him and act like he doesn’t have talent. The dude has mad talent and I would consider buying his next title for no other reason than having him on deck for the art.

#22822 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Indoctrinated much?

I believe the word your meant to use was “educated”.

1 month later
#23829 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Monthly reminder that based on the timing of previous releases the next Stern Pin will be reveal is due 18 January 2022. Math and logic quoted above. As an aside, not based off of how long between releases, Stern has announced new pins in the 2 weeks before Christmas the past 2 years.

There was a bit of an uproar over the surprise EHoH40 announcement where dealers were blindsided.

New title will be previewed to dealers before end of year, announced to public first week of Jan.

#23963 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it is next Tuesday, we'd get some kind of Facebook teaser today. That's usually how Stern does it.

It’s not next Tue.

Distrib preview last week of Dec, announcement first week of 2022.

8 months later
#32573 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It is already happening with Toy Story.

Let's be clear - the TS4CE price had nothing to do with inflation. It was 100% money grab and I hope it bites them in the rear. Unless they wake up and bring back the magic that once defined their brand, I'm done with them.

#32622 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So you're mad that a company that deaigns the machine codes the game, fabricates the parts, and puts it all together and ships it to you (or to someone)....

Am I disappointed that each successive JJP release has contained less mechs, bling and overall "wow" factor than their previous release yet the price increases? Yes, I am.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

You're mad that they want to get the most money, or market value as it should be called, instead of selling cheaper and letting flippers make money off of them?

Yes - this does make me mad. Instead of a few people having to pay d-bag flipper prices, we *ALL* have to pay money grab prices. Gee, thanks JJP - you really stuck it to those flippers.

I know we are in the Stern thread - my apologies for the JJP venting. I was equally disappointed in the EHoH40 money grab FWIW.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#34903 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

A Metallica vault would be the most likely vault if they do one (me thinks).

Ghostbusters: high value aftermarket + cheap easy license + flipper gap fix = printing money (even more cash if they do a DMD to LCD conversion)

#34919 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

If this next run if Iron Maiden sells well…..maybe they’ll follow it with Megadeth!!

I think a Metallica re-skinned as Megadeth would be hilarious.

1 week later
#35004 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No third cornerstone this year, according to George on a couple of the podcasts he said 2 cornerstones this year. Eddy/Dwight and Danger/Tanio with ZY on the art for both.

Has Danger been promoted to cornerstone titles? I assumed the Danger game was another HomePin.

Also 2 cornerstones doesn't mean there couldn't be a vault (or Kapow?) release.

#35010 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Correct. Gomez suggested that they might run Stranger Things again but I'm guessing that wouldn't happen until the final season is released in 2024.

Ghostbusters was queued up to be the next vault - but that was their plan a year ago - I suppose they could pivot to Stranger Things, but doubt they would expand it to include more seasons as all the artwork/inserts are tied to Season 1/2.

#35012 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I saw the rumor about GB, and there is a new movie expected to be released on December 20, 2023, but doesn't it seem unlikely that they make more of a DMD game (vs. the current architecture)?

But what if they could vault GB/Tron/LOTR *with* LCD on Spike2?

I heard a rumor that they like money at Stern. Vault LCD on those titles would be fat stacks of it.

#35045 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

so not sure what the odds of a SW topper re-run are.

For whatever reason, SW is the only topper that's been a limited edition.

8F95142B-36FE-4856-9019-FD0849E27013 (resized).jpeg8F95142B-36FE-4856-9019-FD0849E27013 (resized).jpeg

#35149 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Do you think Stern will announce their next game before Texas Pinball Festival? I know Gomez said only 2 corner stones in 2023.

They might announce it *at* TPF. So far only Spooky has announced a game at TPF (ACNC)? (Correct me if I'm wrong). But the timing for both JJP and Stern's next game is right around the same time as TPF this year.

1 week later
#35314 1 year ago

I may be in the minority on this one, but:

6861042E-495F-4B55-87C2-978874F5E446 (resized).jpeg6861042E-495F-4B55-87C2-978874F5E446 (resized).jpeg

Keith David, Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis on callouts....yes, please!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider damonator.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=damonator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.