Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8321 3 years ago

What’s the hot rumor post turtles

2 weeks later
#8461 3 years ago

Hey I rumors their next game was named after some cell phone company accessories store:

IbreakUfix

#8498 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Would love to see an Addams Family based on the TV show. It would go right next to my Batman 66 and Munsters.
My wish list for rock pins would be Queen and LED Zep. You could have a lot of interesting modes for Queen. And maybe a Beastie Boys Pin? With Sabotage mode where you steal points from other players.

+1 Queen

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Pee Wee’s playhouse would be epic.
[quoted image]

Guess what pops out UP from PeeWees VUK!! Bash toy!

1 week later
#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I've been predicting a Tron VE or Tron Remake with 82' Tron artwork. Next year Disney World celebrates it's 50th in 2021 and the new Tron roller coaster will be coming to Disney World.
So if a Tron VE or Tron remake comes out 2021.
In 2022 it would be the 40th anniversary of the film.

With a new movie...maybe....Tron Ascension

#8665 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd also like to see Godzilla.
No more music pins for awhile for me , unless it's Borg doing Lawrence Welk.

Unless it’s Borg doing Queen

1 week later
#8795 3 years ago

Anything SAM system is a possibility. PCBs are still being made and you don’t need to update to PCBs / code (like WhiteStar to Spike).

TRON would be the obvious one. However, I think there may be a new Tron Movie coming out.

#9104 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Elwin - My Little Pony

Your right!

Just announced.

EA9C3D0B-C29D-4778-8D59-91B60D9F372A (resized).jpegEA9C3D0B-C29D-4778-8D59-91B60D9F372A (resized).jpeg
#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i hope it's not jaws. we've seen enough of the old themes with Elvira, willy wonka, and alien. please stop. no desire for jaws, back the future, goonies, etc. they are old and washed up themes. jaws played in 1972 or something like that. it's just too outdated, nobody cares anymore. i like jp, but don't get why its not Jurassic world. hey, i don't like stranger things show, but i give stern a pop for making it and games of thrones, walking dead. thing people have actually watched in recent years.
rock games, marvel or dc, and monster stuff are good ideas. those themes work well. busy the old movie crap.

These old popular themes work with the age group with cash (usually). Like people that own GB or Batman!

#9135 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

hey, i'm not in the 12-18 group. what do you want next? beattlejuice? superman 1978? love boat? come on guys, let go of the past.

King Kong, Jaws and Bill &Ted

Maybe Meatballs!

#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure you got my point. Yes, the whole idea of a VE is based on resale value of Pros and Premiums. If the price is high, that means the market is ripe for a VE. What is does to the value of the older games makes no difference because there was no perceive promise. Not the same thing as an LE though. When you buy an LE, you expect it to be "Limited". So my point is, a Tron VE should be a DMD display and a Pro only form. No ramp lights, but maybe factory LEDs throughout.

Stern can go multiple ways including a SLE.

And by the way when I bought my Munsters LE it was limited 500. Then they switched to 600.

I emailed Stern (all of the management) and they kindly pointed out that they can change their mind. Nothing is guaranteed.

And Tron LE is so long ago I am sure Stern could care less if some cash can be made. We can all say Tron LE buyers will no longer buy Stern but this is a laugh. Everyone says that about everything (Stern has crap playfields but people continue to buy sight unseen!)

With that said, I think they would wait on Tron until the supposedly 3rd movie comes out.

#9273 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Sorry guys... they are running a Munsters Vault.

LOL

Oh wait - with new code?

#9277 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

AC/DC has had so many versions, surely one was a vault. Iron Man has been vaulted 2-3 times already.
People thinking they want TSPPve, LOTRve and TRONve should buy one second hand, sooner rather than later. Stern might actually vault Mustang, KISS or TWD comic version.

They made Pro and Premium Vaults in AC/DC

1 week later
#9464 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I'm the guy that just broke the news that Stern is announcing a new pin this Friday and that JJP won't be releasing GnR next. I posted those two things 23 hours ago and Kaneda just posted it 9 hours ago as his own news. Too bad for him I won't post anymore inside scoops and he'll have to go back to making stuff up.

His Facebook site says GnR might be next in September?

#9549 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

You know what I heard Friday's announcement is? Stern has purchase Deeproot Pinball and all rights. Stay tuned.

It was actually CGC.

2 weeks later
#10178 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I thought it was Queen ,but there you go my sources must have been wrong

It is. Queen will be it!

#10183 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Only music pin I would be in on would be if it's Borg on Welk.

The other one Borg is working on Buddy Holly pinball. “That’ll be the day” When Borg releases the machine!

#10188 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'd like to see a David Bowie - Major Tom, but that's just me!
We sure read a lot of posts about Led Zeppelin and Queen!! But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

Because they sell more pins.

They could have done this long ago if they wanted on music pins.

#10263 3 years ago

Queen is the next game code names LZ by Richie!

#10281 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Ok - Bond vs Godzilla

There will be no next Stern pinball as Deeproot was launched yesterday.

1 week later
1 week later
#10441 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Jaws would be great though

Jaws eating LZ pinball

#10447 3 years ago

Me some Queen pin....

#10497 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Sterns next is apparently Queen, 2 weeks till reveal
Not Led Zeppelin

Looked great in my dreams

3 weeks later
#10793 3 years ago

Just seen their next machine in prototype stage.

117091DF-C1C0-46AD-AAB6-AA7277946CC8 (resized).jpeg117091DF-C1C0-46AD-AAB6-AA7277946CC8 (resized).jpeg
#10840 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I believe that CGC has purchased the rights from Williams, not merely licensed them. Sure, maybe CGC could license the Addams Family property back to Stern, but that seems like a really weird idea to me.
Obviously, TAF is one of the "jewels" in the Williams portfolio and CGC is not going to give that up without an outstanding reason. As it is, CGC making an Addams Family remake is a tough thing because of the many complex licensing issues involved. Adding Stern into the mix would just make it all harder.
CGC might produce a TAF remake in the future, but Stern will not. Stern has lots of other stuff going on right now - I doubt that they have any interest in trying to do a remake of an old competitor's machine whose rights are currently owned by a new competitor.
You might as well try to convince Ford to remake old Corvettes.

Plus Stern is sitting on a Tron VE pinball which will sell like crazy.

#10915 3 years ago

I heard from a source that Queen was next followed by BTTF, then Welk and then finally LZ

#10966 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sad to see the GNR playfields. It’s a shame. So sad. All my new Sterns are chipping. They are ignoring my request for new playfields. I’ve been requesting these for over a year. I’m sending a machine back at my cost and requesting a new populated playfield now!! They can get lost!! I’ll never buy another NIB pin. They are poorly built!! All of them!!

Let us know how the machine sending back goes.

2 weeks later
#11433 3 years ago

Zeppelin will be the best music pin ever made because .... they made the best music. Starting from there and if Steve Ritchie doesn’t muck things up by using a boring fan layout, these should sell ok. No way you’ll get 25% of the experience as GNR, but it will still be worth shooting and it could be a whole lotta fun. Looks like LZ will be followed next year by BTTF, Godzilla and then Jaws. I especially can’t wait for the latter two.

Thanks for a good laugh on Turkey day!
Best music pin ever....

Let’s see how many they sell.
I am sure Steve will design a good game, but best ever....hmmmm

AC/DC has sold a shit load for example.

#11435 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Why do people talk about sales numbers when stern literally doesn't release those numbers?

Here is some quick info on AC/DC. We will see if Stern throughs a party for LZ. Read few posts greater by Steve Richie - best selling modern pinball of all time by Stern. (Based on that I think my estimate of shit load is close enough).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-how-many-acdcs-got-made#post-3552100

#11437 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Give it up Jim - Welk will eclipse them all when it's released.

Not Welk, John - although that slow dance music might just sell a few

Remember who “the champions” are

Queen will be number one music pin when it comes out.

#11456 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Godzilla vs Kong pin could be awesome !

That’s code name for LZ vs Queen!

Battle of the bands.

#11482 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hold out for Welk.

Some great material out there for Welk?!

#11517 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No and it isn’t the Star Wars home pin either.
They have several lines and whatever the new one is was reportedly on the line 2-3 Friday’s ago. That is what the usual few in the know reported anyhow.

Who are these people in the know?
We need real answers when Queen announcement is coming.

#11543 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cabinets that don't splt, playfields with clear that doesn't chip and sag or pool, fans that don't scream, assemblies that don't drop off the bottom of playfields and/or not even work right without significant tweaking. Stern does all right, but to say there's nothing more to ask or that the complaints aren't valid denies reality.
And before JJP and Spooky fanboys pile on, they have many of these problems, too.

Well said

#11571 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Who is predicting a tease tomorrow and a reveal next Tuesday?
Who is predicting a tease next Friday and a reveal the following Tuesday?
Who is predicting a tease on the 18th and reveal on the 22rd, a la Stranger Things last year?

#11586 3 years ago

No need to push out another title: 2021 next game.

#11693 3 years ago

Your right, nothing till 2021

#11712 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It looks like they are pulling the plug on Munsters... I guess that means we won't get significantly updated code.

Yup, all models pulled on Munsters - they killed it early - indicator of sales.

#11738 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

No spoilers lol! But I thought for sure it would be released soon, so we will see...I will say the machine I saw was not Led Zeppelin, I would love to tell you. Yet i don't want to spoil it. I will say this, after seeing the machine, I thought releasing it around now would of been perfect timing.

Quoted from BallPin:

Gaining traction on pinside is like a dream come true! I imagine gathering around the campfire and telling my grandkids about how I gained traction on pinside, and they would instantly see me as some sort of God. Guess I should just spit out the info then, because the people that confine in me, don't matter...It's the pinside traction I live for. So the the next pin is called "Traction Control", where you have to navigate your ball through "tough shit".

I thought this was a forum to share information?

Not a kids game of I know and you don’t know - low rent!

If you have something to share great; if you don’t or can’t no need to tell us I know but you don’t. What value does that add to the conversation?

#11755 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

People I speak with have a NDA, so I wouldn't just spill the beans for internet clout. I did drop a hint to see if people pick it up. I'll revisit the hint when the pin is released! It's not an obvious hint btw.

Why drop the hint at all?

If they are under NDA and you hear something respect them, keep it quiet and drop NO hints.

Ask yourself why do you need to drop the hint / what’s the purpose? Does this feed your ego?

#11756 3 years ago

Did anyone mention Cars Movies pinball to compete with Hot Wheels?

E674FEAB-6DF6-40E2-B0F0-ED6F6AEF66DF (resized).pngE674FEAB-6DF6-40E2-B0F0-ED6F6AEF66DF (resized).png
#11823 3 years ago

New game is in full production now.....

04268534-D15C-48A4-953D-40C36E38B2CF (resized).jpeg04268534-D15C-48A4-953D-40C36E38B2CF (resized).jpeg
#12055 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Man. Look at all those buttons. Innovation! Suck it DR!

That lockdown bar corners look painful like DRs original version!!

#12057 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Well, now that we know Stern's new game is Led Zeppelin, that discussion should head over to the various new threads that have popped up.
Back to this thread's focus...what's **The Next Stern Pin** going to be?

Godzilla

#12133 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

People I speak with have a NDA, so I wouldn't just spill the beans for internet clout. I did drop a hint to see if people pick it up. I'll revisit the hint when the pin is released! It's not an obvious hint btw.

Ok waiting to see your hint

#12157 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

This is Stern...it's a plastic cut out with LEDs, and wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to $1200 because it has some sort of song attached to it that will be unlocked in the game.

Is this the inside scoop, again?

#12196 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I think everyone believes Led Zeppelin deserves to be more than a Star Wars/Heavy Metal re-skin..right? How do you feel about getting a huge license and then re-skinning?

Depends on how you feel about that pin.
If it’s your grail pin - no reskin.
If it’s not - reskin and move onto next title.

#12250 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Not thrilled with any edition's cabinet artwork.

Time to buy Alien; announcement coming really soon!

#12271 3 years ago

Glad LZ fans got a pin!

That said, shocked at what my eyes see.
Hoping this is a pin in which we are all surprised on how well it plays when we hit the start button.....otherwise.......
FDA323B3-8EAE-402B-B2A5-0937A0CB3436 (resized).jpegFDA323B3-8EAE-402B-B2A5-0937A0CB3436 (resized).jpeg

050A4E22-BAB5-40D3-9202-C94606888C50.gif050A4E22-BAB5-40D3-9202-C94606888C50.gif
#12318 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

So any credible rumors of what’s next. Ballpin didn’t think LZ was next so whatever he saw pictures of is assuredly next up.

The problem is he is not exactly sure what he saw or heard!

Now a guess is probably more like it.

My guess is Godzilla

#12351 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

He said he did NOT enjoy Lawrence Welk? IMVHO that is crazy talk... such crazy talk... the craziest crazy talk.

Godzilla first.
Welk next.

Just think of the artwork you could obtain for Welk. Probably better than LZ artwork.

#12361 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That being said give me Ozzy/sabbath ,Godzilla ,Jaws then and only then they can take theyre shot .

Godzilla, Jaws, BTTF, etc.
Let the band themes be awhile before we have another.

3 weeks later
#12840 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Agree - Wait on Welk

I have my deposit in on Welk - when and if the title hits I am in for a LE !

3 weeks later
#13251 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Where’s the proof that LOTR vault is happening?
I’ve seen Dwight confirm Godzilla. Haven’t seen any concrete evidence for LOTR vault...

Or was that Tron Vault?

#13299 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Welk's going to be awesome. I had WWE at one time, not as bad as some people say. Actually was fun.
Welk could be too. Put me in for an LE !

I would go premium on a Welk - but it needs a cool topper!

#13354 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

What on earth is 'Welk'. I can't figure it out even with Google. Is this some odd American thing?

Actually it is Whelk.
They are commonly found in the ocean off of South Africa where great whites roam.

Whelk is code name for JAWS !!!!

#13527 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Is this speculation or a hint?

NoQuarters is usually right on...will see.

#13557 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Those may be the ones that most are hoping for...But I have a feeling it won't be either.

Dang - here’s to hoping

#13584 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

They can probably do some magic and utilize old recordings to make up the speech. Otherwise as typical with Stern they can use voice actors that are pretty close and sound authentic enough.
I don't think they will do Comic art to start with. Maybe if they run a Vault Edition later they may tap using Comic Artwork.

Agree - no Welk comic art.
Called my distro and asked to put me down for a LE when/if it comes out.

#13606 3 years ago

I thought you were a fan ... I called my distributor today and ordered the Signature Edition #1/100. This is going to be great.

I put in another call to my distributor ASOA and asked for number #100/100.

I didn’t realize they were doing a signature edition. Thanks for heads up.

#13611 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ cpr9999 Don't send him any money. C.O.D. only. Ha ha.
He's not an authorized dealer for anything. Even Deeproot wouldn't have him.

Is there something up with ASOA - he is not authorized to sell Stern? He sold me a Stern LE not to long ago.

I guess I will call CT instead. Hopefully they are still a distributor?

#13873 3 years ago

Just got artwork from insider of new game.....

#13878 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How’s it look

6C770844-4FF8-4E41-BDC0-8BB342D8B910 (resized).jpeg6C770844-4FF8-4E41-BDC0-8BB342D8B910 (resized).jpeg
#13883 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Trim seems wrong, but the rest sure looks like a Pro model

I am going in on the LE gold trim package.

If Stern does not make a bubble topper for this bad boy pin consider that my first mod I will make & offer for sale!!

#13930 3 years ago

Whelk is code name for Jaws....look up Whelk....

But if they do make Welk - I am in on that artwork ---> baby!

#13938 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't let the talk about Welk bring you down.

No no... I just keep smiling and thinking ... “a one and a two...”

1 month later
#15293 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

My distributor just told me Marty and Doc are going back in time and bringing Godzilla back to the future and adam lambert is going to sing to calm down Godzilla.So he says the next game is Back to the future meets Godzilla on stage with Queen.

....singing “we are the champions”.....

3 weeks later
#16646 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I would laugh my ass off if Mandalorian is the code name for BTTF, or vice versa. Wouldn't be the first time someone was thrown off by the code name being leaked.

Mando is code name

#16950 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

With the Kentucky Derby coming up I was thinking about odds for the next Stern theme .Does this seem about right ? 1) Back to the Future 3/1. 2)Godzilla vs Kong 4/1. 3)Mortal Kombat 6/1. 4)Mandolorian. 7/1. 4)Jaws 8/1. 5)Harry Potter 10/1. 6)Girls Gone Wild 50/1. 7)Welk 80/1

Put me down for #7

1 week later
#17753 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I generally agree with much of what you say, but you are off base here. Sales absolutely plummeted after the LE release and Dwight’s statement on the code. Distributors had games in stock forever. Stern discontinued production (very quietly) long before the license was up.
If your measurement of whether a game is “terrible” is based on sales, Munsters is “terrible”. It may be difficult to find Munsters on the secondary market because (a) there aren’t that many actually out there and (b) those that have the game generally love it so they have little interest in selling.
If Munsters wasn’t such a great game in so many respects very few would be pissed off by the code fiasco.

Right on - exactly.

That’s why their last run is only 2 years after initial release. Most games run 3 years. They even tried to boost sales with a color premium which initially was not part of the original plan.

#17754 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just checking in on the update Munsters/we hate Dwight thread....
Man, some of you guys are brutal. The guy is still human.
You want new code. We get it. Understandable. Is dragging Dwight over coals necessary? He has definitely had some misses but also some hits. Some people are taking pinball just a little too seriously here.

Agree flush this machine - if you are unhappy and holding out hope for more code - don’t - sell it and move on.

#17837 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Some Distributors are already pricing it like a SLE - one offered me a spot for $11,900 and another said to submit highest offer by next week

Who are those distributors?

2 weeks later
#18399 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Dead Flip-The Mandalorian Pinball Game Reveal

Cool video.

What does Grogu do?

3 weeks later
#18808 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Welk LE's will sell out as quickly as any other Stern title ! Gone shortly after official announcement. It will probably be my first LE. I usually buy a Pro of most Stern titles, but I'm all in for a Welk LE when it happens.

This will be my top LE purchase this year - Welk.

Pre-reserved a spot!

B1256738-3CD4-4A08-9670-7216495A971E (resized).jpegB1256738-3CD4-4A08-9670-7216495A971E (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#18957 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I believe what Charlie was saying is that he hopes to make more fans of Ultraman through the pinball machine, not that they will make more Ultraman machines.

Agree, Lots of us don’t even know Ultraman.
Stick to the 500 run and move on.

1 month later
#19864 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Not me. Now distributors jacking up the price and also Stern, no way will I pay $12,000 or more for one. Many Mando LE’s for sale still, and I hope they get stuck with them.

Yup counted 13 of them - wow. The more that sit at this price the more likely they will come back to reality. These are not “rare”. Plus people are sick of being stuck in the house and they are out now - so that will cool prices!

#19866 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

So you want to play badminton the next time you come over instead of playing pinball ?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b1a6f457b9cfc8e952d3bc3b4d90736dfca085f1-1629049680-1800"};
//]]>

I'd be up for Lawn Jarts though if you got the original kind.... then we're still going back inside and play pinball.
Not hauling up a machine and putting it outside to play.

I was thinking you were more of a shuffle board guy. We can use chalk to paint the squares.

1 week later
#20347 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I get all of people's concerns here - but temper them. I know George was focused on creating added value for buyers first and foremost - not added costs.
I've never seen or heard of 'always online' check ins, activation fees or gas-station advertising

Not yet!

#20348 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Agree. Double Up vote.

You finally get Sterns version of the pinbar!

#20352 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worse thought - does this mean connected pins get ads pushed to them for attract mode? I could *absolutely* see Stern doing this.

Only a matter of time…

#20356 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Zero chance I'm paying that. I'm not seeing anything that excites me here... if anything, I feel like I'm on the exit ramp watching this silliness continue on down the highway.

I guess we will see…not sure this is where I would have spent time and money investment. How about doing VOC before you determine what is good for your customers. These features have less to do with pinball and more about trying to find future sources of revenue. If you think otherwise, just wait and see down the road.

You do not do all this additional pinball hardware & software along with website development along with giving away things for free! There will be a revenue stream to this.

1 week later
#20513 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Did somebody come flying in today?
[quoted image]

Yup Marty mcFLY!

2D5CA526-6CBD-4A7E-B9A4-6E69A5545107.gif2D5CA526-6CBD-4A7E-B9A4-6E69A5545107.gif
2 weeks later
#21931 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

With the updated tech, Stern could make a killing on Ghostbusters VE and put it in the production rotation for years like BM66. GBLE is approaching $20k now.

GBLE on archive sales is not $20k

2 weeks later
#22149 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Well there you go. They chose Rush over Welk.

Maybe next year for Welk then.

2 months later
#24523 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

That diverter is brilliant in its simplicity. Looking forward to playing this one.

Isn’t this layout almost identical to Spider-Man?

#24534 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No it’s more similar to x-men[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh yes - very similar.

6 months later
#29376 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Welk. Lawrence Welk.
Had to do it for old time sakes. [quoted image]

Yes indeed. Just waiting to see the final layout!

97135970-BBCE-42D0-BA1A-984EE0F8F409 (resized).jpeg97135970-BBCE-42D0-BA1A-984EE0F8F409 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#35902 1 year ago

Who are the Food Fighters?
Ah found it…could be an interesting pin.

3149E9C5-13FB-426C-B413-64922282661C (resized).jpeg3149E9C5-13FB-426C-B413-64922282661C (resized).jpeg48C98C81-C5E2-4A41-8A25-5753C69F2A9B (resized).jpeg48C98C81-C5E2-4A41-8A25-5753C69F2A9B (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#38229 9 months ago

Eventually prices will level out / drop a bit based on demand dipping (consumers stop buying). Most of the people I know buying these games are not in the 1% club. I stopped buying LEs when they hit $9k (and sold several for a tidy little profit). Slightly used deals are the way to go - just have a bit of patience.

Maybe we are getting close - here is niche PB reducing price.

IMG_4333 (resized).pngIMG_4333 (resized).png
1 week later
#38610 9 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

if they increased the price and limited supply its ok because its scarce. if they decreased the price and increased supply its ok because they are looking to increase the units sold. Doing both means they want their consumer base to eat the cost and put downward pressure on the secondary market, which will decrease prices and allow new buyers in the market. Just my opinion. #CorporateGreed

Here is same actor - thought it fit your post!

#39097 9 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No idea as to who or what assets or his estate or what. But licensing can be very tricky at times. I don't think people realize the scope of what Stern has to do to hammer out the licensing deals and all it entails. Big part of a pin making it to fruition. Sometimes stuff happens and a good project has to be scraped.

I sure hope they can reuse the bubble machine topper concept.

That would be cool on another machine.

Maybe Jaws.

#39115 9 months ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I think the topper was just rumor or wishful thinking. But I would bet the use of the actual playfield design and most of the mechs, layout etc will be reused.
Much like when Borg was originally on Iron Maiden and it became Guardians. Groot was going to be Eddie in John's design.
The development and work done on Welk will not go to waste.

As I think about what could have been….

IMG_4426 (resized).jpegIMG_4426 (resized).jpeg
#39149 9 months ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

It's the old game of telephone. Welk isn't getting made by STERN. There was a bidding war and another manufacturer got the rights. Your guess is as good as mine. Personally, I don't know if STERN could've gotten the world under the glass Welk deserves. I just hope the toppers aren't too hard to find. Interactive accordian?!

Bubble topper was in concept phase. Something similar….

IMG_4438 (resized).jpegIMG_4438 (resized).jpeg
#39272 8 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

They're all over the place, and that's one of the reasons I don't buy from them. They have various NIB Prem's at $9499, $9699, and $9999. That's bogus. They're doing the same with the LE's they have in stock, ranging them from $13,500 (007 LE) to $15,999 (FF LE). I can only imagine Venom LE's will be sitting for a while at $13,500.

Distributors are now listing Venom LE for $12999 with no tax, no CC fees, and free shipping on Pinside. A small swing down? Some clown has one listed for $15k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cpr9999.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=cpr9999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.