20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5715 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’d love Scooby Doo. Also, there’s a new movie hitting soon with Zach Efron voicing a character.

I heard The Pinball Company acquired the rights to Scooby Doo as they did with The Jetsons and that they will probably hire Spooky to make the game just as they did with The Jetsons.

3 weeks later
#6107 4 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I vote for JAWS
I don't see STERN mass producing any table that isn't generically close to fitting a lot of their buyer audience. Safer sales for them in such after all they are there to make money. Not that Stranger things wouldn't be cool but there are a lot of people out there that have never even seen that show and or even like it. I just cant see STERN alienating half or a quarter of their sales in a theme that does not fit most of the audiences that would buy it. At that point, time is money... the setup of the production line would actually loose money in projected sales picking a theme that would not sell
double then a more popular theme/Lisc machine would.

Unlike AP and JJP, I don't think any reps from Stern read Pinside. If they do, I'd like to IMPLORE them to make a JAWS pin. I've heard the arguments that it would be too expensive to have to deal with the estates of the film's principals, but wasn't that the same problem with Ghostbusters? They could find a way to get around the licensing fees paid to the actors in JAWS the same way they did with Ghostbusters. And JAWS would be such an awesome machine with (in my estimation) very broad appeal. I like Stranger Things - very entertaining show. It would make a cool pin, I think. But JAWS is where it's at. Man, I hope they make that pin.

5 months later
#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Bigfoot the creature not monster truck would do it for me. Id be all in LE

I agree. I've been saying for years that I'd like to see a new Bigfoot game...perhaps a Bigfoot vs Yeti. The battles could be epic for pinball. Also, what about Loch Ness Monster? Or Bermuda Triangle? I know I'm just wishing. The trend is license for instant brand recognition.

1 month later
#8388 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Is there anything to the rumors of Back to the Future coming up from Stern soon?

I hope so, but I doubt it. Before he ended his podcast I believe Kaneda said he heard from reliable sources that Stern would be making JAWS in early 2021. Don’t know if there’s any truth to it.

#8392 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I spoke with a distributor few weeks back and they confirmed that Jaws is in final license agreement and green light is finalized. Of course Stern can play the switch-a-roo if they want and make it Tellatubbies or some shit.
[quoted image]

That's great news - not about Tellatubbies, though

#8484 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

A proper Rocky Balboa pin from movie 1-5 could be cool with Hogan(thunderlips), Mr T(Clubber Lang) , Carl Weathers(Apollo Creed) Dolph(Ivan Drago) and Tommy Gunn. Some
Great quotes and callouts from Paulie, Mick and the rest of supporting cast through the years.0

I've been saying that for years. I own a Gottlieb Rocky mainly because I love the franchise. It's fun and I enjoy it, but it doesn't do Rocky justice. A Rocky pin done properly by Stern or JJP would be incredible. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever happen. And a Rambo pin? That definitely wouldn't happen, though I'd love that too.

#8495 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Lots of new great pins out but I'm holding out for Jaws! A man can hope.

Me too.

1 week later
#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

All this talk of Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, the Jaws pin is starting to sound better..lol
Does anybody secretly hope their dream theme isn't picked up by Stern and hope for another company to do it?

Yes! JAWS has long been my dream pin. My preference would be for JJP to do it. They'd absolutely kill it! However, I feel that Stern's releases over the last couple years have been great improvements over what they had been doing. Therefore, I'm confident that if they do JAWS they will do it justice. I hope that's the case. And at this point I just hope JAWS gets made. Then I can set my wish list on JJP doing Back to the Future.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8562 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

ya a scooby doo mysteries table would totally work.. have the main modes tie into solving different mysteries etc lots of potential on LCD screen to incorporate clips from best of episodes. A Coney Island at night theme could work, I feel like half the old scooby episodes were at somewhere like that or a mansion out in a swamp somewhere LOL

Scooby-Doo would be awesome. This has come up several times on other feeds. Last I heard, The Pinball Company acquired and still holds the rights to make a Scooby-Doo pin. If you recall, they contracted Spooky to make The Jetsons game. If they do a Scooby I just hope they do a better job than they did with Jetsons. There is so much potential with Scooby. If Spooky were given free rein, I believe they could make an awesome game. Here's hoping!!!

#8571 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

There is some interesting and wild Scooby fan art out there.
Scooby Doo is a super fun theme for pinball.
I think modern updated art with fun, sexy twist and some darkness / scary backdrops would be very cool. Have to have some great humour of course.
What would vote be classic vs modern ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m definitely in for classic Scooby (and no Scrappy-Doo). And, yes, it would have to be WAY better than The Jetsons. That was a waste of a good theme.

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So what’s the rumor? What’s the next game?

It seems everyone thinks it will be Led Zeppelin. I’m holding out for a JAWS. Fingers crossed. I’d also be interested in a Godzilla...especially if they did Godzilla vs Kong (that’s supposed to be the third and final Godzilla film).

#8710 3 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Scooby = no-brainer grand slam

I’d love to see Stern do as good a job on Scooby as they did on TMNT, but I think The Pinball Company still has the rights to make Scooby-Doo. And we all saw what they did with The Jetsons, so I’m not holding out much hope.

1 week later
#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Someone mentioned that it is time to have Horror games... I agree 100% with the idea of The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen.etc,... and for sports Pin, I don’t mind a Stallone’s Rocky someday either

I made a post about that a couple months ago. I own a Gottlieb Rocky and keep it mostly for nostalgia reasons, but I'd LOVE to see someone do the Rocky franchise justice in a modern pin. It could be awesome. And given Stallone's inability to let the character go, I would think they'd be able to get him to contribute some call-outs for the game. It would be SO COOL! Unfortunately, if the lack of interest my post got when I put it out is any indication, I doubt this would be a theme any of the manufacturers would think they could sell. Rocky

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Zombie Yeti just shared and old Stern Jaws t-shirt design on instagram with the caption "I need a new one btw *hint *hint"

I hope that "hint, hint" really is a hint. I've been waiting for a JAWS pin for a very long time.

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Designers & artists don't leak games. All these Jaws puns & jokes from KME & ZY mean you guys aren't getting a shark game anytime soon.

I hope you're wrong.

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A popular theory goes .... Stern strives to make games that people want. Sometimes they get it right and other times they are not so good. But if your company mission is to make games people want and a lot of people are excited about a title on Pinside AND if your company already has said license, then it is time to make JAWS now! It is a no brainer. We sit and wait for it to happen.

...and the feeding frenzy (pun intended) started by such "hints" as "I'm gonna need a bigger shelf."

1 week later
#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...and I’m gonna need a bigger basement
*I have space for just 2 more games

Me too. My gameroom is full and now I'm eyeing the removal of some furniture from my office to accommodate JAWS and/or one other irresistible theme.

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You're a man of correct priorities. I'm just gonna have my shower removed and put Jaws in there. Wife'll love it, right?

Well, Jaws would probably be better in a bathtub, but whatever works for you.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

There is an Elvis at my local pub cant remember what the trim level is called thought it was limited, it has the brass trim instead of black texture

The limited edition Elvis was called the gold addition. I considered buying one when I bought my Elvis back in 2004, but it didn’t seem to have any extras beyond just the gold trim. And I liked the look of the black trim better. 16 years later, I still have the game and love it.

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think that is a pretty good guess. Any idea on what you think is coming out?

A lot of speculation has been that Jaws would be the 2020 cornerstone game.

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

I don't get all the Jaws talk . Christopher Franchi said they passed on Jaws and he showed his artwork . If they were going to do it , he wouldn't have said anything .
[quoted image]

I know a lot of people don’t like Kaneda, and I’ve never listened to his podcast, but I hear he’s been fairly accurate predicting Stern’s upcoming releases. He said Jaws is coming. Since he said that a lot of Pinsiders have been claiming to have heard the same thing from other sources. Could just be wishful thinking, I suppose. I personally hope it happens. Jaws is my grail theme.

#9399 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He is a worthless tool with no scruples and only cares about being first. He hopes the information is true and has no concern for releasing confidential information. He is simply used by leakers, so lets not confuse him with someone who we should care what they say. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. There is no magic in his "predicting". Every distributor in the country and their close confidants know the next 2-3 games with certainty at any given time. They at least have the integrity not to leak the information and know that telling that ass clown is the same as leaking.

I've read a lot of comments like yours regarding Kaneda. You may be right. I can't say because, as I already stated, I've never listened to him and know very little about him. I am in no way defending him. I'm just responding to someone asking why all the Jaws talk.

#9426 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What are the chances that this is TOHO GODZILLA? Got my fingers crossed.
[quoted image]

That would be cool! However, I'm hoping if it is GODZILLA it will be to coincide with the next movie, which comes out in May 2021 and is entitled GODZILLA VS KONG. Imagine the possibilities of a pin that has two classic monsters battling each other. That would truly be EPIC!!!

#9700 3 years ago

ZERO interest in yet another Marvel pin. C’mon Stern, give me something I can sink my teeth into...or would sink it’s teeth into me, like Jaws or Godzilla!

#9848 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I just want a Godzilla King of the Monsters theme.
Movie was good, all those monsters give a lot of modes, could be a blast.
I’m actually really liking my Sega Godzilla, but they could charge anything and I’d grab a LE Zilla.

I've been saying that for months now. My grail pin is JAWS, but I'd be ecstatic over a new, well-done GODZILLA. I really hope we get either of those within the next year.

#9851 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Godzilla vs Kong, and let's call it a day!

Yup! That would be the ideal Godzilla in my opinion...plus it ties in with the next movie, due out next May.

#10081 3 years ago

That's my grail pin, but I'm starting to lose hope they'll ever make it. Rumors have just been circling around this thing too long.

#10089 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

[quoted image]
Hold out for something a little more mature, like elderly men in cat clown makeup.

Yup. We're all big kids 'round here. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

#10092 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You mean Malcolm Forbes?

My bad. The Ben Franklin quote I was shooting for was "Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price." I don't know who gets credit for the previous quote I mentioned.

#10111 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I spent a day with Malcolm Forbes a long time ago....was a nice guy.

Did he advise you to invest in pinball machines?

2 weeks later
#10234 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

[quoted image]

Hell to the YEAH! I’d be all over an updated Rocky pin. Gottlieb’s from 1982 is fun from a nostalgia standpoint, but a modern one with video and call outs would be awesome.

#10249 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Well... it’s official this is the only speculation thread worth visiting.

Yup. There's a reason Stern rules the pinball universe.

#10256 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

What do you guys prefer? Godzilla? Jaws? Bond? Back to the Future? Or Zeppelin? Which are your top two themes? I'm going with Bond and Jaws

1) Jaws
2) BTTF
3) Godzilla

2 weeks later
#10468 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am not asking for Jaws more than 75 times. So Jaws fans are going to have to help out!

I'm asking too. JAWS, JAWS, JAWS...c'mon Stern. We'll even get a bigger boat.

2 weeks later
#10685 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

...I did notice Godzilla vs Kong toys in the toy aisle with my son today so thats a thing now.

The next Godzilla movie is Godzilla vs Kong. Now THAT would be an awesome pin. My game room is filling quickly but I’d make room for that one. I hope Stern does it.

#10687 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’d prefer classic Toho Godzilla on its own but I suppose I could get behind a Godzilla vs Kong movie pin if it’s done right...and the film isn’t a pile of shite haha

I agree. I enjoyed the last Godzilla, which was King of the Monsters. Not exactly an Oscar contender, but I liked it. Godzilla vs Kong could be awesome. And for a pin there are SO many possibilities.

#10725 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

How about a political themed pin that pokes fun at ALL of these candidates... I’ll buy that! Can you imagine the mods???

Please NO POLITICS. I come to this site to get away from political talk.

#10756 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They don’t not look at free market research from one of the hobby’s biggest enthusiast groups.

In that case, JAWS, JAWS, BTTF, JAWS, JAWS and GODZILLA V. KONG. Did I mention I'd like a JAWS pin?

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Help me understand why everyone wants Jaws. Please.

Well, I'm no game designer, but if they can make a kick ass game out of dinosaurs chasing people around a park or a weird candymaker and his chocolate factory or a monster sitcom from the sixties that few people remember or a bunch of little collectible toy cars or...or...I think you get my point. The film was HUGE and it still has a massive fan base. The music is iconic. The story is suspenseful. The humor is there. The toys and setting could be very cool. The shark is just as villainous and menacing as T-Rex or Godzilla. I'm sure a good game designer could come up with something epic for a JAWS pin.

#10770 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Actually there is a Ben.
Ben Gardner.

And there is always swimmin’ with bow-legged women. Let’s not forget that.

#10810 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Champion Pub is very fun but just not for a long time. Everyone loves CP on their first play but their 20th...

I have a Champion Pub. I’ve owned it for over a year, and I play it a lot. It’s a very fun game, original and a great addition to my game room.

#10812 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think it’s a fun game in a 10 pin collection. Maybe not if you own 2.

You’re probably right. I appreciate it partly because of the variety it adds to my collection.

1 month later
#12393 3 years ago

I know it’s a joke, but why does everybody keep talking about a Lawrence Welk pin? It it a code for something I don’t know about?

#12401 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. It’s people trying to be funny referencing the most obvious theme a company wouldn’t select.

Ok. That’s what I figured. Thanks.

1 week later
#12482 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

People are saying that Godzilla would be released in conjuntion with the movie, but has stern ever released a pin to coincide with a movie release?

In 2008 Stern released their Indiana Jones pin around the time Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out.

#12485 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Shhhhh. We dont talk about the Crystal Skull

that’s for sure.

1 week later
#12628 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I'm 36, with 70K worth of pins in my basement... 3 being NIB this year...
Yes, please dont make things the under 50 crowd will buy..
We just dont buy pins! Please dont make anything I want to buy. I just cant!
/Sarcasm
(Not Shown RFM, Hot Wheels)
[quoted image]

I completely agree with you. Games that appeal to the 30 to 50 age range should be made just as those that appeal to those of us in our 50s and beyond. It’s the best way to ensure the hobby’s future. Not to mention guys (and a few girls) in the older age brackets would still be interested in some titles geared to the younger demographic. BTW nice collection!!!

1 month later
#14361 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I was born in 1969 and JAWS is too old for me. Never seen it.

I was also born in 1969. I can't believe you never saw it. It came out in 1975 and I can remember all the kids in my elementary school having total shark fever. We would draw the Jaws shark on our notebooks, book covers, etc. We'd make the John Williams sound effects when we were swimming. It was a huge part of my childhood. And my parents didn't let me see the movie until years later when it was shown (severely edited) on network TV. I think I was probably 12 or 13 before I finally saw it for the first time.

1 week later
#14499 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Pretty sure that both The Shadow and Congo were...probably others too - but maybe not any Stern machines.

Many pins came out in conjunction with their films, just not in the last decade or so. Another example beyond the two you mentioned would be LAH, which came out close to when the film came out. Also, today's TWIP cites a recent interview with Gomez, who talks about making Johnny Mnemonic in association with the film's release. Regarding Stern, I remember buying my Stern IJ when Crystal Skull came out in 2008, but I don't think Stern has done that since.

3 weeks later
#15664 3 years ago

Since we’re making our wishlists, I want a Rocky pin encompassing footage and rivals from all the movies. They could make it like a Champion Pub sort of thing where Rocky takes on different challengers and does his training (punching a slab of beef, etc.). It’d be awesome!

99438B4A-0D66-451F-8116-311810295CF8 (resized).jpeg99438B4A-0D66-451F-8116-311810295CF8 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15950 3 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

This shirt that Stern is now selling makes me think of a theme.. Can't put my finger on it....
[quoted image]

Ok...serious question that I’ve had for a while...why would Stern create merch with a shark on it if they weren’t intending to make a shark pin (Jaws, obviously)? It makes no sense. And it can’t simply be because they’re trying to screw with all the pinheads wanting a Jaws game.

#15955 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Why would they create a puzzle of a wizard in a grey cloak and pointy hat with a long white beard if they weren’t intending to vault Lord of the Rings?

But they DID make a LOTR in the past, so it makes sense that they could put a wizard like that on merch they sell. Selling merch that has anything at all relating to a previous game, no matter how long ago the game was made, seems appropriate. But putting something on their merch that has nothing to do with anything they made in the past or are currently making seems idiotic.

#15963 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oops! You ruined your own argument right here. No need to quote the rest that's wrong. Stern had a little game called Trident. It had FOUR great whites on the backglass, and they counted them off, too.
Next argument.
[quoted image]

I wasn’t trying to make an argument or start up a debate. I was legitimately asking a question. That’s why I started out with “ok...serious question “. I was not aware of Trident or the sharks on the back glass so thank you. But the sharks are not a primary element of Trident the way a shark is the primary element of Jaws or The Meg, making me again question Stern’s prominent placement of a shark on its merch. So I’m still wondering why they would so prominently put a shark on merch if they didn’t plan to make a shark themed pin or already have one among their past pins.

#15967 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The sharks are as much a part of Trident as Gandalf is of Lord of the Rings. The series isn't called "Gandalf" and we still have a wizard shirt (following the original line of reasoning that was not mine). We also have a samurai puzzle.

Ok. That’s a valid point. Like I said, I’m not familiar with Trident. Maybe it is as simple as Stern thinking a shark looks cool and since they already had one on an old game they figured they could put it on merch. I was just looking for something more compelling than a game called Trident that most people wouldn’t associate with Stern.

#15988 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I think we are also skipping past the most obvious elephant in the room here.....
I say Pinball, you say wizard
Pinball Wizard
Pinball Wizard
Charlemagne1987 you are too deep in the forest
For anyone outside the hobby, a wizard and pinball make perfect sense.

I probably am too deep in the forest. I suppose my hopes for a Jaws pin have tainted my view a bit. And I agree...a straight up wizard theme is tailor made for pinball...something like Merlin’s Mayhem. It could be radically different from MM, and a lot of fun. I think I need to just let go of that Jaws shit and focus on other more likely titles.

#16065 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I agree with much of this. Mando is a good show. That is all. Nothing else needed.
Scooby-Doo (more specifically the 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) seems like a great theme for pinball overall and a good match for Spooky's branding......however, i completely agree that most Spooky titles ive played got old very quickly. TNA is great but its a different horse. Nothing else they have put out has felt quite right to me. I have not played Jetsons or ACNC though.

Ive owned a ACNC for 9 months, play it a lot and can’t seem to get enough of it. It definitely hasn’t gotten old for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.