Topic Stats

• 5,639 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 574 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IronThroneSettledAtLast (resized).jpg
rocky-horror[1] (resized).jpg
8F240DB1-2290-4ABC-B1A8-E6A8099AE59F (resized).jpeg
anotherJawsHint (resized).png
Screenshot_20191112-180538_Google (resized).jpg
11173933_800[1] (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
94A70925-0E74-49DB-98B0-21ECB105AED1 (resized).jpeg
38917493745_6778c812ce_b (resized).jpg
JAWS_STERN-POSTERV2 (resized).png
TY0161200_pinball_2__92529.1570715153 (resized).jpg
EA31EE09-FCED-484D-B280-ECDAD5CB3F5B (resized).png
STHINGSPin (resized).jpg
9D5B11D7-4999-4601-B83A-7E0B259EAA00 (resized).jpeg
65A89B62-64F9-4251-9AA4-7BF4D70D2632 (resized).jpeg
4631D935-D809-4E6B-AE80-8005D85239F8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

World of warcraft would be badass. As long as they take it from the game. THe movie was pretty damn good, but would be more cartoony with the game art. Especially if they use the art from the Expansion Mini movies. Would be fantastic.

1 year later
#916 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

ยป YouTube video

this was way more awesome than it should have been.

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

GOTG, I would be fine with about 8-10 of the songs from either movie (1 or 2). But the soundtrack would be key for me. I'm anxiously awaiting this reveal instead of buying Star Wars.
I wonder if they will pair songs to modes like some of their other music pins?
Someone should start a GOTG thread.

having some actual toys on the playfield, a unique playfield layout, and no GPS unit mounted in the game is what would be key for me. And the price to start coming down, and for them to use boards that are not disposable.

#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

If it is GOTG I just hope it looks at least as good as the ZEN pinball version. I want some vacuformed sci fi plastic panels on that playfield. not just flat plastic with printed elements. Kinda hope the 'star wars' mini screen shows up again here. it would work well.

i hope it doesn't. That GPS looking piece of shit looks forced into the game. Doesn't fit a theme, looks generic. Lame toys all around. it's like Stern isn't even bothering to try anymore. Where is inventive toys like the ship in POTC? Trying to be unique and fun. Least the mini display in ghostbusters was used in an inventive way. SW looks like straight up shit. nice opportunity to do something really creative and theme immersive, and they just decided to shit the bed instead.

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...you like it?

I don't totally hate it. I like the art on the cabinet and backglasses. I like the rules so far, animations and sound calls. But I fawking hate how cheap and uneventful the playfield looks. Art direction on the playfield is god awful. Design is boring. Toys are nonexistant.

You know why GB looks so damn awesome? Like stern actually gave a shit for once and decided to try? Because when GB was released, was right at the time DI was going to be announced and stern knew they had to up their game to throw some of the spot light off JJP. Once that threat was passed. They started cutting down the toys again and making fields look boring empty and cheap. BM66 is an empty piece of crap that doesn't work for shit with physical design problems. AS is pretty empty looking. Plays ok, but doesn't blow my balls off. GB was the first time I saw a Stern game, and was blown away by how it looks. So much going on. overall look is fantastic. Soooo fantastic it had me buy one, even thou the shit ass boardset design, with no schematics.

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And with all of that it still plays like sh*t, IMO. It's most likely the best looking, most full featured Stern game ever, with the best animations and sound, but is an awful game to play. I'd take SWLE over GB without hesitation.

out of the box it plays like shit. But like most games you buy, new or used, you spend some time tweeking it out and it plays 1000X's better. You guys think you can just buy a game, set it up, half ass level it and think you are good to go. That's not the case. Leveling and dialing in a game takes HOURS...upon HOURS to do correctly. Most collector games from people that don't know what they are doing play like ass. A lot of you guys buy these NIB games and they don't play correctly at all. Shots are sloopy, back isn't leveled correctly. Loops and ramps are not smooth transactions. Tons of things that need to adjusted. But I understand. Some don't know their games play like ass and don't know how to address it. Some don't want to know because they are just used to throwing money at something and having it be done for them. But in this hobby. you HAVE to have a certain level of knowledge to keep your games playing correctly. Just like owning a car. You have to know more than just starting and driving. You need to know how to put gas/oil in. You need to know where the spare and the jack is if shit goes array. Need to know what sounds and smells to look for if shit starts going downhill.

#1036 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lol.
Ah...no. I spent HOURS upon HOURS tweaking, leveling fine tuning, swapping crap playfields, lowering the right ramp so you could actually make the shot, adjusting subways so the ball didn't get stuck, changing the angle of the scoop eject so it didn't shoot sdtm, removing factory Mylar so the right loop registered, tweaking scoleri drops, adjusting slimmer level so he didn't wipe his ass over New York and so he would actually regiter hits, tuning the auto plunge so the ball didn't hit Marshmallow, installing airball protectors.......and after all that it still played like sh*t. Hours and HOURS.
But that's ok, the game wasn't for me. I sold it. Glad you like it, but don't give me that patronizing bullsh*t that it's because I don't know how to tweak a game. You have no idea.

well you missed the main and most important thing out of all those adjustments, you didn't adjust the flipper angles. Which is the SINGLE more important thing you can do to make GB shoot smooth.

And why the shit would you have to change the angles of the scoops. The settings let you adjust the power of the scoops. You should have no reason those balls shoot down the center. Little software adjustment and never happens ever.

never had a problem with the subway getting stuck. don't have problems with staypuft getting hit, never have a problem with that upper corner switch not registering, so I didn't have to deal with that.

Didn't need airball protectors because I bent my targets forward and added foam.

Adjusted the spiral ramp, cut the blue rubber down 1/4", lowered the top of the ramp down, lowered the exit of the ramp down. Adjusted the sidewall metal guide so it's as tight as spandex. It's still tight as shit and can make the shot 50% of the time now. Out of the entire game, that is the only shot that should have been turned 5 degrees more clockwise. Would have made it a much smoother and angled properly shot. All other shots flow like butter. If you angle your flippers correctly like all other games are and not sagging down in the outhole.

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it's anything like SW, software adjustment does nothing. I had to change the angle of the scoop to avoid the cheap drains on almost every eject, at almost every power. Really frustrating.

it's not. I adjusted down to 15 and the scoops are perfect. As long as your game is perfectly level like it should be. Front and back.

#1050 2 years ago

yes, but plungers and stops are sometimes off a hair from before. Very very difficult to get it tightened on the shaft exactly the same as well. Just the slightest degree difference, makes a ton of difference in gameplay. My GB flippers had to be moved up 1/4". Made all the difference in the world. Went from shots hitting the walls and then going around loops, to nice smooth transactions. Clean backhands (which were impossible with early factory flipper settings). Stern must have learned they screwed up stamping the alignment holes, because later models came out with flippers adjusted to closer to what I did on mine.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Kiss is one of the ugliest pin out there. There is no match with AS.

have you never played rolling stones?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside