Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cantbfrank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 years later
#2749 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any ideas what this could be? I googled purple martin. It's a bird.
[quoted image]

A press brake

11 months later
#6551 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, maybe it'll be called something other than a vault, but that's essentially what Spike LotR will be. For the sake of simplicity, vault is the easiest thing to call it.
I'm not comparing busted-ass LotR prices to a brand new enhanced vault, but even broke-ass LotRs go for 5k-ish. Nice regular ones are 7k and up, and LEs go for $8-10k or more. When you see secondary market pricing like that, it's an opportunity - CGC has made a whole business out of it.
Gomez isn't stupid. He's seen the prices going crazy over time, and that pin is his baby, so an enhanced Spike LotR vault would be a great success, especially in light of the dud sales year Stern had in 2019 and the really poor start for 2020 with Stranger Things underperforming and a surprise re-vault that literally NO ONE was looking for. That, and the new very expensive LotR Amazon series coming. The marketing synergy will be about as perfect as you could want if you're Stern and have a revered game with a proven ruleset you can upgrade to refresh it and sell along with the show launch.

Stern needs to be careful with the vaults. Vaults compete with their original pins on the secondary market. This creates more supply which eventually reduces the prices of pins on the secondary market. Take a look at the price of any popular Stern pin machine before and after a VE was announced. Also look at the price drop of NIB pins that are being sold a few months after being bought. You are seeing $500-$1000 depreciation on almost new stern pins. Why buy new when you can buy at a discount a few months later. Collectors specifically and operators to a lessor extent need a healthy secondary market to sell their formally NIB pins. Without a good option to sell these pins, buyers will less likely buy NIB. Stern does need to keep an eye on the secondary market because it does effect their sales.

5 months later
#8497 3 years ago

Would love to see an Addams Family based on the TV show. It would go right next to my Batman 66 and Munsters.

My wish list for rock pins would be Queen and LED Zep. You could have a lot of interesting modes for Queen. And maybe a Beastie Boys Pin? With Sabotage mode where you steal points from other players.

1 week later
#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

People keep talking about Jaws, and I love Jaws, but I just don't see how you could make it into an entertaining pinball machine. Make shots to dodge Jaws at the beach. Make shots to find Brody. Make shots to get Brody to find Quint. Make shots to repeatedly avoid Hooper because Richard Dreyfuss is a dolt and the only stain on the movie. Make shots to get on boat. Make shots to listen to more of Quints stories. Make shots to chum the water. Seriously. Has anyone who drools over a Jaws pin actually thought it through? It would have to be the most linear pinball game ever made to even work, or it would have about as much in common with the movie as the original Jaws video game did.

1 week later
#8749 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Steve Ritchie -

Zeppelin ... eight

Doors ... four

Rush ..... four

Eminem ... six

BTTF2 .... five

HS3 ... three

BK4 .... three

Ozzie ... five

Hendrix .. seven

My Little Pony .... many

Keith -

Godzilla - seven

Jaws - four

King Kong - eight

Kill Bill - eight

Pulp Fiction - eleven

Matrix - five

Hamilton - (musical)

Harry Potter - tiger blood

You forgot
Queen - Five

1 week later
#8957 3 years ago

2021 is 50 year anniversary of LZIV. Best rock album of all time. Gary please release LZ from captivity. Every time there is a new Stern release that is not a LZ pin, the words to dazed and confused run through my head.

“Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true. Wanted a woman, never bargained for you. Lots of people TALK and few of them know. Soul of a woman was created below, yeah”

3 months later
#11425 3 years ago

If and when LZ comes out, here would be 3 pins left on my new pin wish list.

TAF from the original TV show
Queen
Beastie Boys in a cartoonish campy theme

1 month later
#12672 3 years ago

The best rock band for a music pin still has not been made. Queen to me is my dream pin. Great high energy songs. Additionally their music is a great fit for a pin due to the imagery and themes their songs could bring to a pin. You can almost picture what a Queen pin could look like when listening to their music

Hammer to fall
Don’t stop me now
Tie your mother down
Fat bottom girls
Bicycle race
Radio ga ga
Etc

Problem is, there are so many songs that would work well with a pin, ultimately you will be disappointed because songs will be left out.

My second music theme pin is Beastie Boys. Another group whose songs could easily be converted into some great images and themes for a Pin. Just not sure what appeal the Beastie Boys would have to the pinball community.

#12685 3 years ago

Addams family but the TV show version.

#12731 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:We don't see eye to eye on music, but your movie picks are spot on! The Fifth Element is a top 5 movie of all time for me.
Music pins for me would be:
Van Halen
Beastie Boys
Queen
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
Rush

How about that, another vote for the Beastie Boys. For get TMNT where you partner with another player. Lame. Give me a Beastie Boys pin with Sabotage feature where I take away a locked ball from my opponent!

#12904 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Beastie Boys...

Yeeessss!!!!! Intergalactic rocking my BBLE pin!

#12943 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Beastie Boys would have to have:
No Sleep Till Brooklyn
Fight for Your Right
Sabotage
Intergalactic
High Plains Drifter
So Whatcha Want
Brass Monkey
Funky Boss
Sure Shot
Root Down
Three MC's and One DJ
It would be awesome to get Mix Master Mike to do some custom tracks for background music, but there's probably no way that's happening.
Over 20 million records. Seven platinum albums. Best selling rap group of all time. C'mon Stern, make it happen![quoted image]

Great list! I agree with them all. But missed one, well there a few that I would like to see on the list. But the big miss would be “pass the mic”. One of my favorites. Alternate targets to hit when the mic gets passed in the song. Also “Shake your Rump” is another song that I would want to see, and could be integrated with the shaker motor. Another song that’s not as popular but could integrate well in a Pin... Egg Man from on of my favorite Beastie’s album, Paul’s Boutique.

What about a spinning disc, designed like a vinyl record, placed in lower playfield that spins to the scratches of the songs.

4 weeks later
#13458 3 years ago

You say shark, I say Jaws was never my scene and I don’t like Star Wars.

1 week later
#13976 3 years ago

Is this a hint?

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.55.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-22 at 11.55.01 AM (resized).png
#14004 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Congrats! You're the third person to post this exact thing.

Wow new record for me, I usually post after I see at least 10 posts

10 months later
#25060 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again...I think the pinball companies know their demographic. What I see at shows is hard rock t-shirts for the most part. Not yacht rock, R&B, and not a whole lot of rap representation or enthusiasm from the majority of people I've seen. Would they be able to sell some people a rap game? Sure. Would they sell enough to justify making it? Probably not.

Give me Beastie Boys.

2 years later
#44429 86 days ago

Give me Beastie Boys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,999 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cantbfrank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=cantbfrank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.