Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacksun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1063 6 years ago

Surprised there hasn't been any info leaked on this yet... Are they announcing their next game at the expo in two weeks?

#1080 6 years ago

This whole vault edition from Stern is interesting and concerning...

I think it is a slap in the face to the core supporters of Stern. These early adopter customers preorder and purchase new machines at launch, some sight unseen thus supporting Stern. When these machines sell out hopefully they retain some of their value. Allowing them to be sold and other new machines purchased for those early adopters. I am new here and from what I've seen NOT a lot of these machines rise in value.

I collect another form of art that is numbered and literally sells out in hours. These pieces are thousands of dollars too and sometimes take several years to be delivered. They are often sold for more than double shortly after preorder closes and sometimes more when the piece launches. One somewhat popular company thought it would be a good idea to sell another version after launch called a "Warehouse Gem" well it diluted the market on their pieces and drove away a substantial amount of their base customers. Their pieces now take several days and sometimes weeks to sell out. From what I hear they are literally just making it month to month to stay open now when they were one of the leaders in their space

I only have 3 machines in my collection. My first was a Gorgar then very shortly after I purchased a NIB Stern Metallice Pre, I would have bought the LE but they were long sold out... I missed out... I just recently dropped some serious coin on a Tron LE and I am planning on preordering/purchasing a GOTG LE when they announce, sight unseen.

I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever....

/rantoff

#1091 6 years ago

You may think my comments are pathetic and you are entitled to your educated opinion. My opinion still stands that Stern will damage their core early adopters/supporters on their new games. I think those customers will wait to purchase or not purchase at all after feeling slighted. I've seen it in other categories all too often when a company is thinking they are helping the community that missed out or more likely they are looking to add another revenue stream.

It will hurt the company as a whole as they will not generate that initial revenue on new products...

I'm not looking to make money on my machines (there are far more profitable categories to collect than pinball) but I would like them to hold some value and not bottom out. I feel the majority of people feel this way too.

Doublestack, I did not use the word "investment". I would like my machines to retain some sense of value over time not to be impacted by the company reissuing. These machines are not +20 years old... I would be interested in purchasing your StarTrek or Walking Dead for $2K since you think these machines should not hold value after purchase.

Goronic, I'l buy your Hobbit for $2k since you are feeling so generous too...

/Love the Scrooge McDuck!!! LoL

3 weeks later
#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Again, perhaps.
But there's no way to know what percentage of Sterns sales go to people that drop $10-15K on a pinball by walking into a store and pointing.

Judging the state of retail I would say the percentage is very low...

5 months later
#2145 6 years ago

Would LOVE to see a World of Warcraft pin...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
5 months later
#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kaneda didn't leak the pro pic for some reason (proof of fallibility?), but you can see the tip of the shooter rod on the left side of the premium picture.

Hoping the leaked pics (Munsters) are fallible or improved upon dramatically...

1 week later
#2460 5 years ago

I'd L O V E to see a He-Man pin... New movie coming out next year, would be a great addition!!!

Skeletor LE... Ohhhh My....

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
1 month later
#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Has anyone heard about Stern Releasing a Virtual Pinball? I was told by a local pinball dealer Stern was Producing some. Would be nice you can play all the stern classic pinballs

Instant buy if they release one... not interested in the VR though....

2 months later
#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any guesses as to what this year’s 2019 vault edition will be? I don’t think it’ll be TRON or LOTR. I’m guessing Twd or GOT with redone art package. Maybe TWD comic version?

I'd be down for a LOTR or TWD...

2 months later
#2975 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

A properly upgraded Tron (ala Batman '66) would outsell any other vault.

I'd rather a LOTR upgraded...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 years later
#16723 3 years ago

If it is Mando, they can could do some kool magnet things with the ball as the child using the force... I just hope Stern ups their game SUBSTANTIALLY if there will be a child figure on the game. Detailed in game toys are not Sterns strong suite...

1 week later
#17417 2 years ago

Is Borg up for this next pin?

4 months later
#21482 2 years ago

Whats after Godzilla??? Harry Potter?

2 years later
#43937 3 months ago

Immortan Joe thinks Jaws is.....

Stern/JJP should really look into making a Mad Max Fury Road/Furiosa game. SOOOO much that can be done with this...

2crv3r-2646781522 (resized).jpg2crv3r-2646781522 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#44670 83 days ago

Fury Road/Furiosa would be an AMAZING machine. SOOO many things that could be done with the playfield and game play...

immortan-joe-approves (resized).jpgimmortan-joe-approves (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,500 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blacksun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.