Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2922 5 years ago

Is Elvira still slated for this year?

#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Fall sometime. Lyman is on the code.

Thank you! I am usually able to save enough to buy 1 pin every year or two.

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I have absolutely no idea what SLC means.
I'm a family man, so I'm for the little family version being automatic transmission (I know it's common in the US but around here you'd get laughed at for whatever reason if you drive an automatic transmission car) and 2.0 liter engine 115HP.
Wanted to have that thing since it was new, bought it the day I got my first job (couldn't afford the VR6 at that time) and had it ever since.
(And it never ever failed me. Even when the engine died and tore apart internally it still drove me home... in giant cloud of smoke and loosing oil but that's beside the point. )
And while I don't necessarily need my car to be purple (But with this car I wanted it!) I too don't like that 80%+ of the cars around are black, grey, silver and white...
Um... back to pinball.

In th USA, manual cars are called ”Millennial Theft Protection” vehicles.

1 week later
#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Really? So why did it win so many awards and had one of the biggest box office sales of all time ?

The problem with Avatar is that it is a re-skin of “Dances with Wolves”. They both won awards based on the same story. I am very interested on how the sequels are going to expand on the story.

#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Elwin pin. We need a Elwin pin!

Who is up next?

1 month later
#3287 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

blues brothers would be a fun theme

It would be great to see a blues brothers but I am guessing the cost of the license will make it unattainable. Almost everyone in that film has passed away, that means you would have to deal with all of their estate holders. I really don’t want to have a blues brothers minus Ray, Dan, Aretha, John and James.

#3293 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

oh man the list of characters is impressive Eretha! and Ray really was in it ? i forgot about that part ,belushi falling down the steep stairs wearing a small school desk , and a long massive chase scene turning into an elevator ride listening to easy listening muzak the movie was funny it is an old flick now but there is a lot of material to make a game from . maybe too complex though in licensing on the full effect but maybe just center it on john and james and the original movie

Sorry somehow I meant Aretha, wasn’t paying attention when I typed. I am also talking about Ray Charles and his “shake your Tailfeather” scene. James Brown and the church scene. Finally I really want John Candy and John Belushi in it as well.

#3295 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

oh man the list of characters is impressive Eretha! and Ray really was in it ? i forgot about that part ,belushi falling down the steep stairs wearing a small school desk , and a long massive chase scene turning into an elevator ride listening to easy listening muzak the movie was funny it is an old flick now but there is a lot of material to make a game from . maybe too complex though in licensing on the full effect but maybe just center it on john and james and the original movie

Dragon, I don’t know why we are getting downvoted, but I want make this clear, I would love to see a Blues Brothers pin. IMO Sten would be the only one who could get all of the licenses to do the pin.. I hope they can do a Blues Brothers pin!

I understand that this thread is for those more informed than us, but going off the rails on wish lists is part of the fun. Also having Stern, a Chicago manufacturer, make a pin based off a Chicago movie should be on the drawing board.

3 weeks later
#3522 4 years ago
C4B5265C-0976-43FA-AE91-E8550C9077B1 (resized).jpegC4B5265C-0976-43FA-AE91-E8550C9077B1 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This attitude is why some people (especially in L.A.) have been married multiple times.
(NOTE: No reference to original poster meant or implied.)

If I am paying for another wedding there had better be a new bride. Also FWIW I have been married 20 years and have no plans on spending money on a wedding.

#4432 4 years ago

Also since I am just now getting caught up in this thread, it has been a long week. I grew up in the late 80’s into the 90’s loved playing the Williams pins, but I would gladly take a new Stern premium over the routed to death A list Williams pins. I also really enjoyed playing the system 11’s but I would spend the extra 2k for a new Stern pro. Stern’s offer better lighting, better sound, new experience and technical support. That is why I can’t wait for Elvira!! It checks all of hose boxes for me.

1 month later
#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinaddikt:

I would love a Motley Crue!!

Not a big Motley Crue fan but I really liked The Dirt on Netflix. I highly recommend it, but don’t watch it with kids around.

#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Gary has made it very clear there will be no Bttf as it's done. Even standing in his office and someone asked again he got very annoyed and said LET IT GO ! Then he stormed off ...

I know I am going to be an outlier on this but a Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror would make a great pin. Campy horror always sells well. Also got the call that my 3livra is ready to be picked up!!

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whitewashed. Read the book.</blockquote

I didn’t realize it was based off a book....WOW. I will check it out.

2 weeks later
#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Walking dead absolutely has people getting killed. Zombies bite a chick in the neck and blood spews out for one of the animations. Pretty sure that killed her.

Merely a flesh wound.

9 months later
#8713 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Are we sure it’s not going to be Bill and Ted’s?

The next Bill and Ted comes out on Apple+, saw the preview last week.

2 weeks later
#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What have we seen vaulted? Ironman, Star Trek, Spider-Man, are there any others?
Either way if you believe Stern would have vaulted those titles before Tron your mad! LEs where selling for what 10k plus a couple years back, if Stern could have re released then surely they would have done? If not then surely they would have at least done it by now?

Don’t know if this qualifies as a vault but they did Star Wars comic edition.

2 months later
#10713 3 years ago

Anybody know what or when Lyman's is up again?

#10715 3 years ago

How has Die Hard never been on the rumor mill. Iconic 80's theme and the modes are already there...so many great potential callouts.

#10716 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Keep hearing hes doin zepp

Reading through pinside, there seems to be a belief that Lyman will not work with Steve Ritchie. If I am right the last time those two teamed up was on ACDC.

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern doesn’t get ideas for their multi million dollar pinball empire from pinside.

i am fairly certain that is how we got iron maiden...there was a vocal group on pinside that banged that drum.

2 weeks later
#11290 3 years ago

i wonder if they will go back to selling on Amazon, they did that a few years ago as a lightning deal.

4 weeks later
#12341 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think Brian is up next too. That or another Kapow. And maybe he’s working on that.

Kapow or special releases seem to be an October release. I am hoping for a BTTF this October with Lyman on code. This give me enough time to save up.

I would also like to re-iterate my desire for Die Hard. If you can do a commercial based on this theme with Bruce Willis, I would imagine a pin license is attainable.

1 month later
#13203 3 years ago

Who is up next...is it Brian Eddy?

1 month later
#14811 3 years ago

This could be such an awesome pin!! The modes are already there and the shaker motor would be amazing. Also has Kevin Bacon movies been on any pins?

FF6CF4C9-E234-4E81-ADC0-5AF2CE977935 (resized).jpegFF6CF4C9-E234-4E81-ADC0-5AF2CE977935 (resized).jpeg
#14813 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

At first glance I read the above as: Evin Baco: Reamers

Sorry my cut copy and paste failed me

#15045 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stern...if you’re listening
TSPP VAULT:
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!
[quoted image]

This is on my wish list!! Imagine what Lyman could do with the assets!!

4 weeks later
#16472 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

My bologna, bologna spinner.

I would love the “Another One Rides the Bus” mode.

Or the “Party in th CIA”

This pin could be the anthesis of all the music pins!!

2 months later
#19091 2 years ago

Spooky has now proven that a layout can be used for two themes. I would like to have the Archer theme. This would sell to those of us who like the layout but don’t like Maiden.

2 months later
#21118 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oh hey everyone, whats going on in this thread?

Speculation on when/who/what welk is going to be released/explained/bubbles.

3 months later
#23737 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I would think 1000.Does Stern ever go backwards with the number of LEs?

Yes…EHOH was 400 instead of 500.

#23811 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

It's impossible to quantify the best drummer of all time, it's pointless to even try. To do so just makes the people in the argument look stupid. Just like athletes, they all have to be judged by era as musicians and athletes both evolve at staggering paces on a yearly basis. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, Keith Moon, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, John Bonham, all great and amazing drummers, but drummers like Dennis Chambers and Neil Peart took the foundation they laid, ran with it and created a name for themselves by taking all of those previous fundamentals to a new level. Rush is my favorite band and Peart is my favorite drummer, but I absoloutely recognize that even Neil's talent has been improved upon tenfold. There are guys out there like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Thomas Lang, Marco Minnemann, Matt Gartska, Alex Rudinger, and so many others in the extreme metal genre I haven't even bothered naming that leave all the previous mentioned names in the dust. There are drummers today doing things on a kit that the founding fathers would have NEVER thought possible. As a drummer myself, I find it much more productive and rewarding to discuss the amazing contributions all these names have provided for our listening pleasure rather than pit them against one another for the "best drummer ever" title, because in the end it's an absolutely pointless argument that will never have a clear cut winner.

The first drummer you mentioned is the GOAT. Also I love the quote of him in the hospital. Nurse asks if he is allergic to anything…”yes, country and western”.

1 month later
#24977 2 years ago

Damn it…where did I put that train gif?

7 months later
#32088 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Again, if you can figure out a way to make a BTTF pin without the likeness of Doc or Marty let Stern know, I'm sure they'd be glad to do it! Otherwise IT AIN'T HAPPENING.
I'd like to see more pins based on animation. Someone mentioned GI Joe above, He-Man would also work. Or something left field like Duck Tales. Or if you're gonna work with the Rat swing big and do Lion King.

A couple of things…

1. You can probably do BTTF, like they did JP. Have it be animated and you are Marty. Have a combination of voice actors and actors from the film. What you will really need is the music from the movie, both the score and Huey Lewis.

2. I am guessing this will be unpopular, but I would love an Animaniacs pin. The theme of them breaking out of the water tower to pinky and the brain and good pigeons, would make a great pin.

4 months later
#35332 1 year ago

Add me to wanting a Treehouse of Horror. I think it would a natural fit for pinball.

3 weeks later
#35827 1 year ago

I remember reading on pinside that Gomez said that something different or unique is coming from a Steen release. Maybe they are timing Foo Fighters with their new release in March and it will contain music from the album. I don’t think either has been done before. It doesn’t seem groundbreaking but it is different.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=bigt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.