Topic Stats

• 6,493 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by EightBallTexas
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 654 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
stern (resized).png
Stranger_Things_LE.jpg
80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Game hint around 9:00 min mark on Stern FB life feed from 2 weeks ago

What's the hint?

3 months later
#807 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If we are doing music, might as well get a Michael Jackson.. or better yet Weird Al! Eat it man

If it's Michael Jackson I only have one thing to say.
Beat it, beat it, I don't even want to see it, just beat it!!!!!!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#825 2 years ago

Not the next, but with the up coming Stargate reboot trilogy. Can we expect a new Stargate pin in the future.

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I f—king hope not. Elvira damn well better be Freres doing his thing.

I couldn't up vote your comment enough so sending hugs and kisses!

It has to be Feres and only Feres!

1 month later
#1105 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Do you get mad at Ford when they come out with the next year's model Mustang.

Yes I did when they came out with the Mustang 2. What a horrible car that was.

2 months later
#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone think that vault editions of DMD games are going to sell well enough at current prices to compete against LCD games? I'm thinking that most potential vault titles aren't going to do well unless they are priced at Pro or below levels.

I'd rather buy a vault Tron then any of the three LCD games they have now. And who's to say they won't do a re-do on a game.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Are you saying IM in general, or the JT design?

I'm pretty sure he's talking IM in general but disagree. Most of the public doesn't know who JT is or that he even worked on the game. I'll still look for the game down the road but redesign by someone else.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Steve streamed live on facebook yesterday . Iron Maiden came up three times . Steve said Iron Maiden is a torcher device and shook his head. I went through the comments and Steve did not like any of the IM post's . He did give my 3 post/reply's a "Like".
The Beatles : Yellow Submarine
Steve is not the decision maker . But he did not like Iron Maiden pinball theme one bit .
The Beatles : Yellow Submarine He did like and verbally said after I posted in his stream that he would love to design a Beatles pinball .

Ok, thinking outside the box here. A few years ago when Rock band/ guitar hero were the thing. Metallica was a smash hit. The Beatles was a flop. So in pinball Metallica was one of Sterns better games. What will Beatles do?

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Exactly. Anyone read past the first paragraph?

Didn't get past the first line.

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Rockband is geared towards people in the 10-30 year old demographic. Pinball demographic is age 30-60 which makes the Beatles a far better license in that market.

That is correct. I'd put the Beatles right in there with Elvis and The Rolling Stones. Not the greatest sales but enough to make one.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

You asked me a direct and specific question how the Beatles could be a pinball theme .
I answered your question .
But you do not even take the time to read the past the first line??? I took the time to answer you question in a very articulate and (vehement) "showing strong feeling; forceful, passionate, or intense" post about your question?

No offense but when I see an answer that long I just skip it.

2 months later
#1443 1 year ago

Let me check my crystal ball. Hmm, Sterns next pinball machine will be a small limited run that will make the super Le's price look like a pro. You could even call it a Supreme LE.
Did I get that right????

1 week later
#1731 1 year ago

Hey guys! You might not know this but there is a Stern Iron Maiden thread. Now for speculating what will be the next Stern it’s Iron Maidan. Then something, something and another something.

3 weeks later
#2012 1 year ago
Quoted from c508:

Pshhh... when has “no code” stopped Stern before?

When he said “no code” he probably really meant no damn code at all.

2 weeks later
#2126 1 year ago

MLP.........................................

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Why can't Stern do a non licensed theme every other game? you would think this would keep the costs down on these games instead of getting bent over by aging greedy rock stars and Hollywood idiots.

They are doing one in the works now.

3 weeks later
#2212 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Late late summer for Deadpool is my guess (August). I believe Borg’s game will be November (I know he told people September/October though, so we will see).

Heck, they haven't even shown the IMDN premium yet, pros are selling like hotcakes and the LE's have already sold out. I wouldn't be supersized if Stern rides this one out. Meaning expect delays in new title announcements.

3 months later
#2364 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like both. But for me, it does not seem that a VE is needed anymore with all the good titles that Stern has been putting out lately and how often the new games will start dropping.

That's one way to look at it but another way is the fact that the don't have to pay a design team to build a game from scratch. If they're selling the VE's for the same price then they are making more money off each sale.
There is still room for VE's of TRON, LOTR, TSPP, and maybe another run of GOT and TWD a few years down the road.

1 month later
#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well... it COULD happen.
And while Stern is in a deal with Hasbro again, maybe we'll finally get that My Little Pony machine everyone is begging for.

Did someone say My Little Poney.
Heck my daughter will be grownup and moved out of the house before they ever make it. I’d buy one in a heart beat if they got it done now.

3 months later
#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Just go "Duh-nuh. Duh-Nuh. Duh-Nun."
Everybody knows the music, shark, and name.

True, even my 13 year old daughter knows Jaws.
And to date my wife and I have never let her watch the DVD. But apparently she has seen it on TV. It's just one of those movies that no matter how old it is, it's still a great movie.

3 weeks later
#2691 11 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

people could pay(?) to vote on theme and art.....
(I know it sounds crazy)

Pay? PAY, to vote on a theme and art for a game they are going to PAY for.....
Alright, you go stand in the corner. We'll have none of that stuff here.

3 months later
#3260 8 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Two ways to look at that. One is announcing in October along with all the Halloween activity.
Another would be to announce in say late August and have all three models up and running on the line (not just Pros) for the month of October when people are in the mood to buy something with a spooky theme.

Agree with the second part of your statement. You don’t want to wait till October to bring the game out. You want it out and available before hand.

1 month later
#3533 7 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm fifty plus and Wouldn"t play a tmnt even if it was the last pin on the planet.
For your tmnt pin, what would be the fun things, wizard modes etc that you think would make for an awesome pin.?
I'm Sorry i don't get it. Atleast rockband themes comes with great music and cool lifestyle attitude, but turtles?

I’m 50+ and would love to see a Turtles pin.

#3534 7 months ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

No way Stern did that by accident. If I remember correctly, when they drop hints like that the game is typically a few releases away though.

They dropped hints for Spider-Man, ghost busters, Metallica and Superman. All were made except Superman. But Superman was on the board but was canceled. There were probably more but don’t remember.
So if they went back to their old routine of dropping hints I would say they at least have the license and it’s a possibility.

#3581 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Basically you can use everything that was popular with (male) children ~35 years ago and kinda is still produced.
(My little Pony would nail it but the original series was for girls.)

A my little Pony the same size as the Spider man (The Pin) would nail it for me. And every other dad with younger daughters.
Think about it. Whats a pinball addict father supposed to buy their daughters?
"""Holy cow there's a pinball machine that my daughter and I could enjoy playing together. Calling the distro right now"""

1 week later
#3923 6 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

GoT Vault? Series finale, new code, etc. If it ever happens now's the time... update the art catch the last GoT buzz...
In the Deadflip code update stream, when anyone asked Dwight about it being rereleased, he made a comment or two along the lines of "I can't speak about the rerelease...", rather than saying "I'm not sure if theres a rerelease" which could be read as it is happening he just wasn't allowed to talk about specifics.
Would make sense for a ComicCon audience too

Where have you been? It’s already been said they are making a small run of GOT pins this year. No changes other the new code.

1 month later
#4480 4 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Next Stern a Game of Thrones Pro Vault edition? Or they just doing another run?[quoted image]

I heard it was just another small run. But then again, wasn’t the ST vault just another run also?

2 weeks later
#4526 4 months ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Not impressed. Stern did a rush job in my opinion. Iam waiting on JJP Guns N Roses.. pin.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

How many years was it?
Three?! XD

Actually it's been 6 years since the idea of this game started and posted by the design team.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-elvira-pinball-game

1 week later
#4604 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Dune the book - yes Stern do it!
Dune the movie - sux Do Not Do.

There were two Dune movies.

#4611 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not till next year

Was counting the TV series as a movie.

#4647 3 months ago

Fans complain Star Wars art was bad.......::::
They make another run of Star Wars with new art......
Fans complain again.

#4686 3 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

My dream themes...
Oh, and Ghostbusters with a normal flipper gap lol

How Stern ever left that wide gap go on a game that would appeal to kids is beyond me. My wife and daughter wanted me to get this game for theme and looks alone. Once they played it with the wide gap they didn't want it. Stern dropped the ball on extra sales on this one.

#4695 3 months ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

SW home edition, SW vault edition, what's next...an anniversary edition?

I don't think it's called a Vault edition. It's just another run with different art. They are still running the regular ones also.

#4704 3 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Zeppelin being a reskin is a bummer if true. I thought SR was working on it though?

What is it a reskin of Beatles?

#4728 3 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Yeah, the rumors are wrong a lot, so take everything with a grain of salt. That being said the next pin is 100% TMNT, you can take that to the bank! (well, that's my guess at least)

Can you name a few of those false rummers.

#4744 3 months ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Well, apparently one false rumor is that the next pin is TMNT -- not sure who started that one . . .

Quoted from JodyG:

TMNT is coming, but not next.

What JodyG said. TMNT is coming just the order is not 100% known. Almost every pin produced in the last 7 years was a rumor before it came out.

1 month later
#5933 51 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh man...No I am stuck between getting Rick and Morty or Stranger Things.

Rick and Morty: Loosely based on and 80's movie with alternative twist.
Strangers Things: Based on life in the 80's with an alternative twist.

And these are supposed to be the pins that will bring the themes out of old man themes. LOL

#5942 51 days ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Not really sure you can lump rick and morty into the 80's rehash bucket. Yeah it was originally based off of a spoof of BTTF, but the current show is its own unique animal that strays very much from BTTF.

Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, there really isn't any scenario where I'd consider Rick and Morty an 80s rehash.

You mean besides the fact that it is an adult swim rehash of an 80's move. Or that the main people are Rick (Doc) and Morty (Marty) that travel in a space ship that copy's the DeLorien. Nope nothing from the 80's movie rehashed here.

#5957 51 days ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

[quoted image]

LOL. Not even close to a boomer.

#5965 51 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Other than a scientist (Doc/Rick) and a kid (Marty/Morty) there isnt much similarity. How does a saucer shaped ship made of scraps like a delorean? It doesnt even do anything but fly. Portal guns are the preferred method of transportation. The creators of Rick and Morty have even made it abundantly clear that time travel is not a thing in their show. If anything, Rick and Morty is a modern style meta overload. No 80s themes in the show. It doesnt sound like you've actually seen the show. Just what you've gathered from a commercial.

Yes I’ve watched the first 2 seasons then lost interest. Yes the flying saucers is taken from the deloraen. Instead of time travel they travel to dimensions. As my original post stated it was loosely based on a 80s movie. No where did it say it had references to the 80s. And it is a fact that it started out as a BtTf rehash cartoone and still is based off the main people in the show.

#5987 50 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Are you referring to this show?[quoted image]

Oh wow! Tripping the rift. Forgot all about that show. Used love it. Thanks for posting.

#6013 49 days ago

I'd call SRT or SGT

1 week later
#6129 41 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I played Elvira on location for like 2 hours yesterday it was amazing. I'd take another one.

We got one on location now. It’s been playing perfect right out of the box. Been running 2 weeks with a couple hundred games now.

1 month later
#6485 2 days ago

And all I wanted was to get a my little Pony pin for my daughter. Never happened.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside