Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aamauzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25394 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Right idea, wrong venom[quoted image]

As I was scrolling, I was certain this was going to be Charlotte's Web, which would be a hilarious jump from "venom"!

#25520 2 years ago
Quoted from koops:

So what's the best guess on designer of the next game?
George taking up the last project left over from Richie?
Eddie? Last release was may so seems like it could fit time wise.
Jacks first big machine?

Jack has mentioned the cornerstone he's working on on stream, but he's been pretty good at staying tight-lipped about it (at least when I'm watching). Based on how he's talked about progress, I'm guessing his is 2nd in line, behind the next game.

#25574 2 years ago

Pokemon COULD work, but there is just soooooooo much media and sooooooo many changes to the games over the years that they'd likely never win with the fandom. Maybe if they stuck with theming surrounding the initial generation or first and second generation to ride a nostalgia wave that will likely never completely wane, it would work. At the same time, I think it would be theming dud with the upper half of the pinball buyer age range. The generation of people that would "day one preorder" a Pokemon machine probably aren't quite ripe enough to spend $7-10k on such a luxury. Maybe in a few years. It would certainly get a TON of plays in barcades, though, so it would probably be great for ops. Current barcade crowd looks to be folks in their late 20s and up. People who have outgrown "clubs" but still want to socialize.

Lego as a theme would be cool, but I think it would have to be more of a timeless take, rather than a "The Lego Movie" theme. Lego as we know it now has been around since the 50's, so I'm sure there's a way to create a mass appeal theme around that. Personally, that would be a day-one purchase for me if it included theming that represented the 80s-90s-00s sets.

Either way - I don't see Stern being the one to produce either of those, at least not for at least a decade. They're making a killing on super hero pins, anything Star Wars, music pins, and their Netflix deal is due to yield another pin soon. They've got their formula and it seems to be working extremely well for them with no signs of slowing.

#25620 2 years ago

I'm new to following Stern releases as they are announced and resolve. I've seen a couple different release styles mentioned, such as "kapow" and "cornerstone" and "home" (this one is obvious). Is there a breakdown somewhere of all of these different release styles and what they entail? What the differences in the styles are? Is it purely manufacturing numbers or is there more to it?

#25623 2 years ago

Very informative - thank you both!!

#25651 2 years ago

I've been thinking a Daft Punk pin would be awesome!

#25654 2 years ago

Chemical Bros and Daft Punk have one shared advantage - in the world of EDM, they've been around "forever". Or... Daft Punk WAS around forever.... their music certainly will be!

I'm much more familiar with Daft Punk - you'd have different eras of robot mask visuals, Interstella 5555 visuals, and visuals from the non-Interstella videos. References to any of those would be immediately recognizable by even casual fans.

Either of them would make a great contract pin (see, I'm using what I learned!) but I dunno about cornerstones. Daft Punk would be a day-one preorder for me!

#25698 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Orca for JAWS

Everyone gets hyped for JAWS then BOOM! A Free Willy pin is announced. Surely there's an Orca SOMEWHERE in Free Willy, right??

#25700 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I went back and edited you must have caught my post before I finished. The Orca was the boat in JAWS but thinking about it Bruce is a much better code name.

I figured that's what you were going for (the boat), but a misdirect is always a fun "what if"

2 weeks later
#25954 2 years ago

Whoever runs the Stern social media presence sure knows how and who to stir the pot with, huh?

I'm guessing they "liked" everything commented on that picture?

3 weeks later
#26140 2 years ago
Quoted from JToeps:

My nostalgia window is a bit more modern than Stern is currently targeting but I'd love some deep 90/00s properties.
Adventures of Pete and Pete would make a spectacular table. I'd love it. Call your nickelodeon license contact and make it happen.
Would also show up day #1 LE for Radiohead or StrongBad/Homestarrunner the latter which would make for an amazing playfield + callouts. Are those too recent? Maybe but the well of classic rock acts is drying up and we're all going to feel ancient when Pearl Jam and Green Day show up.
[quoted image]

Oh MAN a Pete and Pete pin would be rad - my first thought is of a multiball mode where you make Petunia dance with various shots.

#26144 2 years ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

Absolutely agreed! Strange that Nickelodeon stuff is unmined pinball territory even though it'd make for some awesome themes. SpongeBob SquarePants Pinball Party would be unbelievably fun -- and all the voice actors are total ringers who would crush the callouts.

Give it 5 years, then our time will come

#26158 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

SpongeBob is at the "magic 20 year nostalgia mark" but not sure how many 28 year olds are buying pins...

We're coming into our own! While most of us in the late 20's/early 30's range are a few years from "new pin" money, there's a subset that are already there. It's a demographic that will only grow.

#26176 2 years ago

Announced today!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#26179 2 years ago

Turns out "Venom" was just referring to the attitude with which Niles would zing Frasier!

#26188 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I wonder how they came up with this, I would think Seinfeld would be a better choice if you are making sitcoms. Pretty boring, I have no interest

Seinfeld may be too plausible of a theme!

#26293 2 years ago

Oh if we're suggesting more music pins...

1 week later
#26441 2 years ago

It has to be a Lynch-inspired take on pinball. The playfield is mounted in a spherical cabinet, the pinball itself is a gelatinous ball of creamed corn in a "Tide Pod" wrapper, and instead of playing for a replay score threshold, you're playing to stop the machine from screaming in Latin and shutting down for a twenty minute cool-off between games. The subsequent play is the same mechanics as the initial play but completely in reverse.

Also, occasionally all of the lights shut off and paid actors come out from behind the machine dressed as the woodsmen and harass you for a bit while "the main one" recites his radio poem. After a few moments, the lights come up and everything is "normal".

In all seriousness, I could totally see Spooky doing a general "David Lynch" machine. He seems like the kind of guy that could appreciate the kookiness of the idea.

2 months later
#27798 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It would compete with their current offerings. (For example: I'll wait until Bond is released and not buy the other 3 sterns that are available even though I was considering Godzilla).

Or worse yet - "I'm not into these next three Stern designs, perhaps I DO want that new JJP/CGC machine."

#27847 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

That would be because there is NIB supply and more coming - not because it's a bad game.
Pinball is like any other market in the world, price is all about supply and demand.

Yep. This June run is the last RUSH run for the rest of the year so prices are about to be as low as they're going to get on the secondary market by the end of July. I'd bet by October, NIB is reselling for above MSRP and "used" is MSRP. Especially if/when a topper comes out or when code goes 1.0.

That is, of course, unless the new cornerstone eats RUSH's lunch. The new hotness almost always eats the old hotness's lunch unless the old hotness is GZ in which case it's a runaway nuclear reactor that ain't cooling off!

2 weeks later
#28324 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

BOOBSS, HES ILL, HELISH, ASSHOL
Eminem has pins and vids at his houses in Michigan there's a few pinside members that do repair work for him.

Man that's the dream for those of us interested in doing repair work - I live in St. Louis, so imagine getting a call for repair and finding out you're going to Nelly's STL house??

1 week later
#28628 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

I think its going to be ozzy for sure now. They took down the post from their Insta. Either they having a go and executing some top tier trolling, or they didnt mean to pop the news just yet.

Or they didn't love that giant "FUCKING" in there - looks like that was posted by a "corporate" account

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#28867 1 year ago

Ozzy looks great, considering age and alllllllllllll of the shit he's been through/put himself through. Happy to see it!

#29136 1 year ago

Wasn't Gary running Data East when Back to the Future: The Pinball was made? That accounts for any and all "Gary as Doc" references, the posters, the theme being "dated", etc.

I'd love to see a new BTTF as much as my distant JeffCo neighbor, but let's not forget that Gary did it once already!

#29141 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Gary did Star Wars and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles before as well.

And The Simpsons. Hmm ok - good point!

#29148 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

TMNT - DE
Star Wars - DE
Jurassic Park - DE
Simpsons - DE
Elvira - Bally
All remade by Gare Bare.

Ohhh so what you're saying is that it will TOTALLY be on-brand when he re-does BTTF.

My god you used my own information to make me change my mind. BTTF is absolutely on the horizon, folks.

#29149 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

I know it will never happen but a boy can dream... The Venture Bros.. has all the elements needed for a great pin with a wide selection of characters, gore, humor and action
[quoted image]

Whoever makes it, and whatever they ask - I'm down. My all-time favorite show that I re-watch in its current entirety at least once a year.

#29217 1 year ago

He was sitting there thinking "those fuckin' nerds on Pinside are gonna eat this up!!"

#29229 1 year ago

Jack Danger has said on streams that Stern has a few "hard rules" for design at the moment with the basics being things like 4 legs, minimum of 2 flippers, and fits in the standard cabinet design. "No wide-bodies" seems to be a hard and fast rule for the time being, according to a current Stern designer.

#29495 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Link taken down. Hmmm, plot thickens.

Put that tinfoil hat back on - it's all a CONSPIRACY to keep people guessing, maaaaan! "Put something up and delete it real quick - you'll send Pinside into a tizzy!"

#29526 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For the US. Just a matter of time before what's left of Hulu is absorbed into Disney+ in the US, too.
And if you have Hulu, do yourself a huge favor and check out the What We Do in the Shadows series. Vampire comedy that's very funny. You may be working with an energy vampire and not even know it.

I'm fairly certain internet forums were invented by energy vampires.

New season is pretty great so far!

#29652 1 year ago

Wow I thought he was grasping at straws with that plutonium case (there is after all some nuclear themes with Godzilla) but... that really does look identical to the BTTF plutonium case.

EDIT: ope - dream crushed on the next page that I hadn't clicked on. Good point, Capn12

#29745 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I just love pinball. Don't we all? It's all good here guys. Enjoy the weekend

Four legs, at least 2 flippers, and at least 1 ball - that's all one needs.

#29846 1 year ago

BttF is timeless. I was born in '91 and I can not name a single person "my age" that has seen those movies that DIDN'T love them. Hell I've never met anyone "my age" that wasn't interested in seeing them, either. Keep in mind - BttF III is a 90's movie

After RUSH, I said "never again am I doing a day-one". BttF would test my resolve.

#30130 1 year ago

Turns out it's viral marketing for the new Red Letter Media pinball machine, specifically the Rich Evans "AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDS" Limited Edition

#30207 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I don't recognize this translite.
[quoted image]

Mandalorian Pro - you're seeing Ahsoka at a weird angle

#30210 1 year ago

Ah right - it's Mando Premium, probably lying face down.

#30213 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's a Mando pro cabinet decal.

DUH! I didn't even consider side art - I went straight to translite. Makes a lot more sense for there to be random side art laying around the area where they apply side art, eh?

#30226 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

For Pete’s sake ! I’ve been staring at this dark banner in JDs post for days now ! Serenity Now …..

Jack said in Discord that NOTHING from the new release is anywhere in the Stern facility that isn't behind "locked doors... Always". This was when the "zomg blurry playfield underside" pic was floating around (it's an updated SW, evidently.)

Granted, my first thought was "oh - you guys don't lock the doors to the manufacturing floor? Don't mind if I do, then..."

#30234 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

All kidding aside , I live for these weeks leading up to a release .Between the GZ eye and top of Rush script makes this a fun game to play .This is why stern is STERN.It’s not just the pin , it’s much more

You're absolutely right - I love the lead-up too! Part of the fun is "stoking the flames" and part of the fun is immediately switching into "nah dawg that's NOTHIN!" mode!

#30238 1 year ago

I just want more pinball.

Any time a new machine is released, there is an inevitable "line up refresh" at the local barcades. Time for some new blood

2 weeks later
7 months later
#37101 11 months ago

Sparks would have to be like 15 different art packages, based on the variation in styling between albums!

I'll buy it if there's a Moroder Multiball with Giorgio rocking the keys and the breakdown toward the end of "Number One Song in Heaven" as the background music

1 week later
#37138 11 months ago

"Survivor", perhaps?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonny_Fairplay

1 month later
#37629 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I highly recommend this video which covers that movie (and two others). It's batshit insane

If I ever put together a homebrew, it has to be a Best of the Worst "universe" pin. I need Don Beveridge, JJ Bittenbinder, and Eloise Cole on a single playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aamauzy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.