balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19184 2 years ago

I think a pin based off the movie home alone would be pretty cool and work really well.

1 month later
#20129 2 years ago

Have anyone seen this price increase on other distributor websites?

I purchased a JP premium in May and was delivered early June. When looking around at distributors I saw prices from 7599-7999 for a NIB JP Premium, so it's not clear to me if this is an across the board increase or a cointaker decision.

#20137 2 years ago

Yeah the language on their website is quite confusing.

#20171 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

And awaaaaaay we go
[quoted image]

This is a coincidence, I remember seeing this same add a few times, his price has come down, at one point he was trying to get 14k.

JP ads (resized).pngJP ads (resized).png
#20173 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

How close to that was when mando was first announced/starting to ship? There's always been flipping, rushes, scams and whatnot at any point I've paid attention in the last 20 years, but that was the first time that I had friends otherwise totally outside the pinball community reach out to me (their pinball friend) to ask what the hell was going on because they heard something crazy about pinball/mando selling for 5 digit values, like the FOMO was big enough to leak in to the public sphere a little.
Felt like a lot of usually non-interested people were paying attention/considering the idea they could own a pinball for the first time and a corresponding influx of machines appearing on the secondary market at astronomical prices just to see if anyone would bite.

Original ad was little over 2 months ago - i only know about i because i follow the Craigslist Laughs thread, that is where i saw it posted - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/159#post-6342365

1 week later
#20737 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Bill of Materials
So a list of stuff what's in the game and what it does cost.
So Stern games have a BOM aka a set price of stuff/ cost that may go into the machine.

Haha, i always thought it was "Bucket of Money", basically the same thing though.

2 weeks later
#21888 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This is what happens when Stern underestimates the number of LE’s they should release. Maybe Stern will figure out 1k of a hot title barely meets demand. They should have been around 1.5k Godzilla LE’s and between 1.5k-2k LE’s of Bond and BTTF. How will Stern respond?
[quoted image]

Interesting, the prices have already come down. Last week they were all 15k+

#21960 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Columbus was a time traveler. Add that to the list

Columbus pinball confirmed?
Nina pinta and Santa Maria Multi ball with slaughter the Indians wizard mode I heard.

5 months later
#25930 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

He always has been that way and is a smart business man. Why is it such a secret for the next game? Because they want to maximize current sales while they hold the license. It seems like the car industry does the same thing. You don't see any advertisements for future model years-not until most of the old models are gone and in a new calendar year. I have had the thought of what if....what if they just said what the titles will be and took advantage of a pre-order business model(extend license contract)? Would that be more ideal in today's climate? Sell more units overall? MMMMMM-never mind FOMO forever yea!
Let the cat out of the bag and make Limited machines unlimited for a few years until the license expires. No more FOMO-No more flippers and people will eventually realize they are still limited without all the drama. Food for thought

There's a name for this phenomenon that I can't think of, but it's basically you don't release information about your new products coming out too early or else it's slow sales of your current product

3 months later
#27511 1 year ago

I guess distis are getting tired of getting phone calls to be put on lists for games that are rumored. Got this in an email from LSOG, my local distributor, you can pay them $5 to put you on their "list" for these rumored games.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/machines-for-sale/new-pinball-machines/wish-list-five-dollars-to-express-interest-in-a-fantasy-game/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27520 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I heard they were good guys? Was it Larry who retired and other guys took over? Total BS-at least donate to charity or something
People do not forget about stuff like this

They are good guys. Great guys to work with, many are familiar with them, well known distributor.

On this $5 to get on the list, I'm Switzerland here. I see how this can be a small cash grab but also I bet they get a lot of calls for pipe dream games so this helps them reduce that and keep lists a little more grounded as ReadyPO mentioned.

2 months later
#31078 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Well, Stern just posted a "factory Friday" confirming Led Zeppelin's final run, so chances of a teaser today are looking slim.

Where did they post this? I don't see it on youtube. Would be happy to LZ is on the line as I have one reserved.

#31086 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Stern really likes to post to via Facebook Live and Instagram.

Found it on FB, thank you!

The video shows a pro, hopefully they are also building the premiums or already built the premiums.

#31497 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Ep 111 of Zachs podcast just dropped and he’s not feeling good about an announcement this week
I think the conversation starts around 35 min or so

What's the name of his podcast? Where can I find it?

#32135 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Thing is the bond slots are essentially the same game with a couple tweaks or mostly just visible changes between movie theme. In many cases they are all connected to the same bank of slots even, at the hardrock here they got one with four bond machines connected and each is a different movie, yet they are 95% the same game.
Not sure if they can't mix em or they simply chose to not mix the movies. It's not uncommon for licensed slots to have variations from machine to machine. Rocky and Wonder Woman for example had multiple difference in machines yet released at same time and they are often connected.
If the money is right, imagine they can easily mix the movies together into a single pin

This is very common in slot machines even for unlicensed ones. If you play enough slot machines, you'll notice that several games are identical to other games with just different symbols or themes

#32288 1 year ago

So full trailer Friday I would assume, stern always shows the game before launching the LE's for sale on their website.

#32341 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got to have Pussy Galore multiball

Pussy Galore Ball Lock?

1 week later
#32974 1 year ago

Would be a cool unexpected surprise move from stern but would love to see tomorrow's factory Friday show bonds on the line.

#33157 1 year ago

I don't have a dog in this fight about how many models they should make, however they sorta did only make 1 model for EHOH. There were technically 3 models but the LE and SLE only account for 450 and all the differences are cosmetic and on the cabinet. Playfield is the same across all 3.

Not that we have the numbers but it would be interesting to compare EHOH sales/demand vs a middle of the road game that has Pro/Prem/LE.
I would not use Godzilla for the compare as comparing to the most current in demand and popular game wouldn't make sense.

One thing I would say is that EHOH is a game rarely seen on location and I would agree that location games do bring people to the market/hobby. Decreasing the amount of location games would surely lead to lower sales.

#33253 1 year ago

If you're going to flip games, go ahead and flip games but some of these ads crack me up.
One user is 0 for 12 and in the last 6 months has bought several NIB games and then decided multiple times they want to use the funds towards a different game or moved multiple times or is downsizing their collection.
The latest excuse is they bought a bond LE but then saw there was an SLE and want that instead.

1 month later
#33825 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is that because people have problems with them or they getting them for just in case , down the road .

The stranger things thread, there's a lot of people that were looking to get their hands on backup projectors as people are concerned in the future that it will be a hard part to find if it goes bad. Several distributors now, such as flipping out pinball life and Marcos all have projectors in stock. Could be all these projectors were to be sent to distributors to sell to people looking for a backup/replacement

4 weeks later
#34338 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

I have an idea,
I really like how Deadpool has the battles, its what makes it fun. Certain shots do damage and you have a health meter. Different shots do different things do different opponents. It's a very good and underused idea.
I also like how the TMNT game lets you choose any of the 4 turtle characters.
So why not make a GOOD Street Fighter 2 game with both of those aspects? I know Gottleib made a bad one in the 90's but a spike 2 Stern would be great.
Having all the characters playable as your character probably won't be possible but lets say they just use 4. You can pick between Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, and Guile. Goal is to start battle mode, beat all the characters and become the ultimate World Warror.
One of the wizard modes could be a timed multiball where you're beating up the car on the dock.
Lots of ways you could go about design but it would definitely sell. Kids today still like Street Fighter and any 40+ year old male is gonna want it.

I like this idea but would much prefer mortal Kombat pin. Not sure though how stern would feel about the blood and gore. Also the mortal Kombat game studio, netherealm, is owned by Warner brother games, I think stern has worked with Warner Brothers in the past, as I believe they own the Batman license.

2 weeks later
#34638 1 year ago

So does that mean 2 cornerstones? Kapow or new home pin possible in addition?

1 week later
#34851 1 year ago

I thought Jack already confirmed a Golden girls pin. That would be a completely different direction as Gomez pointed out

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#35611 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I assume they made all 1,000 but several dealers still have them in stock. For example:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-55V2-11

Yes, several distributors still have them, several listed in the marketplace as well, almost 20, exception of a few very confused people, they are all mostly at MSRP. This is the first release in a long time, where pro premium LE and even the super LE are all in stock after release and production.

Part of this could be due to how the release and reveal were handled as well as the lackluster code shown and implemented so far and of course the new pricing. Curious to see if we see the same thing with the next cornerstone release.

1 week later
#35851 1 year ago

Gone in 60 seconds. That would be a fun pin, lots of modes could easily be created, final chase scene could be final wizard mode.

#36064 1 year ago

The email says next week, I assume tuesday as per usual, from the email:
"A very limited number of Foo Fighters LE pinball machines will be available to purchase on the Stern Store! Keep an eye on the countdown for a chance to purchase one at 11am CT next week"

Usually they drop the full trailier the same day as they open the LE orders on the website.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#37186 10 months ago

MORTAL KOMBAT please.
Ed Boon, the creator of Mortal Kombat used to work on coding pinball machines for Williams in the late 80's. He also did the voice for Rudy in Funhouse.
Mortal Kombat 12 releases this year, perfect timing!

#37191 10 months ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Agree, its an awesome theme with lots of lore to draw from. However they would have to dumb down the violence on the LCD. Its gone way beyond the cartoony fun of MK 1, 2 & 3 now

Agreed, I would be totally fine with an MK pinball that only drew from the first 3 games or even just the original . Needs a goro mech with 4 arms that you can lock four balls in and it throws them at you to start the multiball.

#37200 10 months ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Update: It's officially called Mortal Kombat 1, and retcons the series. But yeah the timing is perfect.
Also, Venom codename for MK logo (even though technically a dragon) or Reptile?

Yup! Saw the trailer yesterday for the new game, surprised it is releasing so soon, September 19th. It's wishful thinking for Stern to ever make this theme but it's fun to imagine.

1 month later
#38070 8 months ago

I was thinking a fin drop target that moves across the playfield that you have to shoot before it gets to a swimmer or a boat as well as a shark mech

#38108 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Heads up ZoraShinoda - crujones4life said he thinks your idea is RAD but that you’re blocking him so he can’t tell you.

I was a bit overwhelmed a few months back with all of the back to the Future posts. I will remove him from back to the Future jail for now.

#38121 8 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That fact that people blocked you, over some BTTF posts, is next level hilarious and sad at the same time. Imagine the echo chamber they live in.
2025 40th anniversary BTTF. #Bookit

Im all for a BTTF pin. At one point he just posted BTTF images over and over again and I found it cluttering. I live in some crazy echo chamber because of this? quite a leap but ok.

#38122 8 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Even more so, given this thread was created to speculate on upcoming titles... That aside, I find it generally sad--that on a moderated pinball site--people can become so incensed that their only recourse is to ignore posters. It's the pinside equivalent of taking your ball and going home

Yes, we all post speculation and our ideas for pins, again I just filtered out some noise. Taking my ball and going home, that's not quite the right analogy.

I will return to my sad and incensed echo chamber now with my ball.

#38128 8 months ago

I will get us back on course. Theme is rarely make or break for a pin, it can make a good game great, make a bad game worse or anywhere in between.
GNR is my favorite band of all time, saw them a ton in concert in the late 80's/early 90s and several times since they started touring again in 2015. Going again in September when they are here in Florida. Owned the pin for 18 months, and put 700 plays on it, (have owned JP for 2 years and have 3500 plays on it). Was the prettiest pin but just the game play got repetitive and wasn't enjoying it as much and eventually sold it. Maybe a code update that everyone has been waiting on forever could save it.

Iron Maiden, love the layout, rules, code, even the artwork etc... but not a fan of their music. Have thought of pulling the trigger a few times but just continue to enjoy the pro at a nearby location as I don't love the music.

AIQ and Deadpool are not my favorite themes but are fun shooters I have considered owning.

Jurassic Park is my current homerun pin, love the theme(although more assets would have been better) and love the rules and layout.

Jaws, BTTF I hope get made. Lots of people excited for Harry Pooter, just not a theme I care about at all but I understand why it would be popular.

I am under 45 so take that for what it is. I will be over 45 in 3 weeks and can let you know if my theme opinions have changed then.

1 week later
#38859 8 months ago

When people are on those special LE lists or order an LE from a disti when do they get the invoice and have to pay?

#39041 8 months ago

GB 2016
Screenshot_20230720-164249 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230720-164249 (resized).png
I dont think the sequels did any better

#39043 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This is the Women version correct? Latest movie was not made in 2016.

Yeah that was the women version. GB afterlife seems to have generated similar numbers but made money due to half the budget.

I could see them vaulting GB, I just don't think the latest movie(s) is adding a large demand

3 weeks later
#39979 7 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Will be interesting to see if they sell out, or if they sit on the market like Venom LE.

I think they'll be readily available, timing is weird after just doing a big run of premiums and pros. Seems like at this point everyone who wanted a Jurassic Park has gotten one.
The only did 500 though, Not 1000 which is smart. You might get a couple people who trade in/sell a premium to upgrade to this, however, if you just bought a brand new premium, you're going to take a haircut on it, lots of pins in the market sitting.

1 week later
#40414 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

There’s around 50 sle jaws I heard. Prob 20k on those. Hope way different then le and with topper.

If elwin on Jaws and elwin is the hottest designer right now, people clamoring for his next release, etc. It would seem to be a poor choice to limit an SLE to only 50. Assuming it's an upgraded version of the cornerstone, not a single level weird bond type thing.

3 weeks later
#40799 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did get a LOTRLE on close out from Automated for $5,200 maybe 12 yrs or so ago. My 1st pin
Still gotta move out some inventory.
Agree with you on those lucky Swedes!!!

They still have a WWE LE! Hurry up before someone else gets it.

1 month later
#41992 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Bring on the tri-boobs multiball! Lol

Looking forward to the topper

1 month later
#42708 3 months ago

Jaws theme song replaced with the baby shark song.

4 weeks later
#43562 89 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm a big proponent of the Prem/LE being the best *experience*, but it's not always 100% true. TMNT Pro is definitely a better experience than the Prem/LE with the TERRIBLE, slow servo-based diverter. Likewise TWD with the under ramp shot and the frickin' laser beam repurposed into a bow and ANOTHER magnet is not a better experience than the tight Pro. And while I think Maiden Prem/LE is the best of the two, the Pro is very strong and shoots very differently from the Prem/LE, which is a harder game.
So, I'm with you about 75% of the time. But having owned both in many cases, there ARE exceptions.

Agree with this. One thing for me I really like on most premiums is the physical ball lock, I suck at knowing how many balls I have locked on pros.

Also GOTG, no reason to pay for the premium and the tree branches on the playfield.

1 week later
#43992 81 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mad Max
Top Gun
I think it would take Spooky to do South Park which would be great. Too “offensive” for today’s Stern

There's 26 seasons of South Park, if Stern wanted to do the game with full assets, modes, etc. There's plenty of content to pull from that's not offensive or politically controversial.

#43994 81 days ago
Quoted from toefur:

I'm not buying a southpark machine unless it IS offensive and controversial.
It's almost like you're trying to suck the fun out of a funnel cake.

Fair point then put a chick in it and make her gay

1 week later
#44256 71 days ago

Rumor is no Christopher Lloyd but they got the guy from galactic tank force for the part.

Screenshot_20240117-131926 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240117-131926 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#44787 56 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Totally off-topic, but I can't believe how expensive concert (and sport) tickets have become. Those 9.50 seats in '79 are probably north of $200 now.

It's the damn fees, recently bought concert tickets, fees are 20% on top of the ticket, you have no choice but to pay them.

Screenshot_20240131-205700 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240131-205700 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=ZoraShinoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.