We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WODKA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I sincerely hope Elvira 3 goes to Spooky and Dennis designs it.
Jaws would be great, but i really hope it's anyone but Stern that gets the license just because i can see them not quite doing it justice. Who knows though, i hope they prove me wrong. Some people on here have said that it's an expensive license so that makes me think Stern might have more of a chance at it. On the flip side though, seems like they would have done it already if they are going to...
The fact that Stern was playing Iron Maiden right along with other songs by bands they've licensed at their anniversary party makes me think that'll be along at some point. It was definitely the topic of some discussion at the party. If that's the case, it will either be my first Stern NIB or a big letdown like GoT.
JW and GotG are also both great themes, I'm just not sure they're in the immediate pipeline given the timing of the movies. If so, more likely in 1-2 years and will encompass multiple films.

How could anyone hope for Spooky Pinball to get any interesting themes? Lookin at a pin from SP makes me feel it looks cheap, home made, and mostly like an empty playfield with toys just being put there to fill out the space. Even the artwork is bad.. for example, the playfield-art on RZ is so blurry it looks like someone found "cool pictures" on google and just changed the size of it..

Stern knows how to do this even though they often lack in quality..
JJP have been professional since day one..
Heighway Pinball seems like they've become a big threat when it comes to serious pinball making..

Spooky Pinball + Elvira? Meeeh..

4 weeks later
#472 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That's a shame. Hope Stern does it well then. Honestly, I'm interested either way.

I'm more than happy about this.. All three of Spookys games so far looks amateurishly homemade. I would've rather seen that JJP got the license with Dennis doing it, but it is what it is if the rumors about Stern are true, so let's just hope they don't f' it up

3 years later
#7543 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And Stern games are actually playable in the wild. I never see Spooky, American or Jersey Jack games but in collectors houses.
Some CGC and older Bally/Williams (getting rarer) on location but Stern are obviously more prevelant on location than anything. I like whoever puts a pinball machine somewhere I can play it

Never seen a Stern pin with the new display on location, but played both JJP games and American Pinball

2 months later
#8446 3 years ago

Is that Sting, Sean Penn and Donald Trump?

9 months later
#16006 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

stern needs to put out a virtual pinball.. with the virtual . you could play many differnt pinball games . instead of spending $1,000s for one pinball game that gets boring after awhile.

Doesn't Stern know pinball in your Phone is the future?!

#16301 3 years ago
Quoted from John0560:

Bumblebee tuna fish? Ace ventura pin! I solved it.

Bareback The Future?

#16303 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still think Mando is smoke and mirrors and they are going to drop BBTF and watch the instant sell out

Bareback The Future?

6 months later
#22502 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Give me Franchi on Beetlejuice, as much as I love ZY art, I do love Franchi photorealistic style which I think would be the way to go on beetlejuice, it’s already visually crazy and I would rather have all that craziness the center of the art rather than a crazier art style on top possibly distracting from it.

His Beetlejuice translite art was amazing! But is there any chance him and Stern will cooperate again?

1 week later
#22797 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

when are new games typically announced throughout the year?

I'd say there's not much of a pattern. Would be even harder to predict during the Covid-19 pandemic.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=303&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#24296 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Oh no, I thought Bond was coming Q1 or Q2 2022?

Whats before BTTF though? A vault?

1 month later
#25749 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

That's amazing. It would be so nice to get the pins I have on backorder!!!

Why don't they just make a deal with a manufacturer like Pedretti and produce games in Europe too? Backorders will be complete in a hurry, and the European market will get new games quicker.

3 weeks later
#26018 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Natas kaupas did, (kind of)with Radical!

Cool game with sweet Youssi art. Always thought a modern skate theme pin would be interesting, but i guess that ship has sailed to be a good seller today.

But who knows.. a non licensed skate themed machine with lots of humor and animal characters instead of humans might work? A bit like police force meets Radical

1 month later
#26760 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Here’s a theme that I can’t believe hasn’t been brought up yet and I’m sure would sell well.
Formula 1
It has blown up in the United States, and for sure it would sell as a theme in Europe. With Drive To Survive on Netflix there are so many people interested in F1 that weren’t just a couple years ago.
I’d be down for one, and there’s so much you could do with that theme.

Stern made one for the international market when the US got Nascar in 2005. Not sure how well it sold but i've never seen one on location.

GrandPrix_main (resized).pngGrandPrix_main (resized).png
3 months later
#31348 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

That pic looks way different than this. Also when did they start putting light blue T-molding on SW?
[quoted image]

Definitely Star Wars Premium art. Look at the window frames, they also look blueish but they are white in google street-view.

#31354 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Can you explain why there would be that color T-moulding on SW then?

I just did. The windows which also looks blue is white in reality, same with the T-molding. It's just a bad pic. People saw Toy Story in a blurry photo of a Guns N Roses cabinet too before TS4 was released. The bad resolution, lighting and angle made it look less like GNR and people starten seeing Woody and Buzz in the art because of it.

#31355 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Protective film on the t molding

Only seen the blue protection film on the old Stern games with silver T-molding. They still use it? Tried to find photos of Spike 2-games on the factory floor with blue protection, but found none.

#31359 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

This new South Park game is gonna be fantastic for locations!
[quoted image]

It's weird it hasn't been remade yet like The Simpsons. So much good content and still a popular show even if the latest seasons have been a total turd fest.

1 month later
#33617 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The virtual Tom and Jerry table is actually a fantastic flipping table and one of my favorites to play. If a similar Tom and Jerry was put into actual production-it would raise my right eyebrow.
[quoted image]

That area with the flipper to the left looks amazing

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#35598 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Sure, if you look at past revenues with everything included. Doesn't mean the franchise would sell for that much unless you include tangibles such as theme parks, toys or maybe another book deal. Anyhoo, there's so much money in those franchises, damn interesting to see how much we love those books, movies and games!
If it were based on value alone, I guess we should expect a Pokémon ($92B, really?), Hello Kitty and Winnie the Pooh..! [quoted image]

Still confused by Anpanman. How on earth can it be higher grossing than themes like Harry Potter and Mario? Never heard of it until i saw this list some time ago.

4 months later
#37770 9 months ago

I leave this here for Stern to pick up.. Loved his Deaf Metal period.

Joseph_Karl_Stieler's_Beethoven_mit_dem_Manuskript_der_Missa_solemnis (resized).jpgJoseph_Karl_Stieler's_Beethoven_mit_dem_Manuskript_der_Missa_solemnis (resized).jpg
1 month later
#39760 8 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Now Optimus prime has to be LGBTQI————!
And batter powered and not turbo diesel, very sad

No he doesn't..

#39781 8 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

No I am pretty sure it was somebody at Stern that said it. Maybe Gomez? I can't remember...

You're right.. Franchi quotes him here

Screenshot_20230810_000727_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230810_000727_Facebook (resized).jpg
#39816 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this fan made or official poster? it is quiet a spoiler of what's to come but it makes sense since Will sort of originated this story.

It's real.. can be seen on the official instagram page.

#40071 8 months ago
Quoted from ChickenCatcher:

When does Stern announce their next Pin? I feel there is a pattern I saw I just don't remember it

Probably November

#40072 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Dear Stern,[quoted image]

What's not limited with their limited releases? Could make a limited run of 4000 games, still being limited no matter the amount being that high..

#40129 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There’s no way new players like “tap left…tap right” video modes. Everyone knows what a fun video game is in 2023, and video modes ain’t it.

I love video modes.. Did it as a new player and still do it. Junk Yard got the best ones

1 week later
#40395 8 months ago

Can anyone send me the leaked photos of Sterns next game? I accidently deleted them

1 week later
#40593 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Stern has the Pokémon license. I just don’t get that whole thing but know some of those cards go for millions. You know post mallone will get one. Has the most expensive card ever made. In middle school my friend had a $1000 lotus card and thought he was nuts. Like the most expensive card back then prob 1996. His mom was a stripper and got him cool shit like a $300 yo-yo. Lotus Worth a ton now. Who knew.

Damn that's sad.. someone should've told him a $300 yo-yo ain't cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 27.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WODKA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=WODKA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.