images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks for the concern. How’re you though? I pity the buyer cuz he won’t ever recoup his investment. Speaking from financial perspective, you took it to a Fruedian spin. I’m sure you’ll be buying plenty of 36k pins with all that internet psychology. Lol.
Oooh the angry internet posters. Who’s projecting...

This is where you are way off. See, buying a pin is not an "Investment" if you are looking at it that way, then you already have found the issue when it comes to pricing. (And this is coming from someone that actually sells pins for a living) I tell my customers all the time that although many pins have went up in value, please dont consider this as an investment. This is entertainment. When you go to the movies, out to dinner, buy a new car, are any of those investments, will you get your money back, NO. So why is this any different. Pinballs are entertaining devices, that you may or may not get your money back for, but if you see the entertainment value in it, then its worth every penny.

1 year later
#20685 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think that was their original plan, but when each new release sells half as much as the one before (and the first one was less significantly less than 1000), you have to huddle up and make a new plan. Hopefully Nordman has convinced them they need an actual professional art team for the on screen stuff. Because they do.

you do realize that the artist they have has been doing pinball art for 20+ years. He has done these titles, although you might not like the art, id say he is a professional

Apollo 13
Batman Forever
Baywatch Sega
Hot Wheels™
Houdini Master of Mystery
Independence Day
Mini-Viper Sega SS
Oktoberfest
Pinball Magic
Space Jam

11 months later
#32516 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Can someone help me understand this.. reading in this thread is confusing. I have a Godzilla Premium and Deadpool Pro on order, both with deposits down and waiting on their run. My understanding all along was I locked in my pricing when I purchased. Some people in this thread are using verbiage implying that if Stern increases the prices of (say GZ and/or DP) they aren't for net-new orders but instead of existing orders people have already locked in.
Is that remotely true?
I can't imagine locking in an order and waiting 8 months for it to be built to then have the manufacturer increase the price in that timeline and you have to pay the delta? It doesn't make sense if all new orders are affected by price changes. Thoughts?

Quoted from JSC:

You will almost certainly be paying the price increase, the distributor gets hit with it as well. There may be some distributors that eat the additional cost, but those are rare.

Couple things on these statements.

If a stern distributor is saying that you are locked in on a price, then he is just saying that to please you. As a distributor, we have no control over that, and technically, at least with stern, you are not putting a deposit on a game, rather you are putting a deposit on a distributors list. Stern doesnt recognize deposits. So according to stern, no one has a locked in price, and well, they hold the cards in this game.

Now finding a distributor that "honors" a locked in price, although i would love to be able to do this, it is a violation of our term and we can lose our distributorship. I love ya all, but I have to follow the rules, or i dont get to play. Any distributor who sells under what stern allows can and WILL lose their distributorship.

About price increases (which i could type that in a quiet voice because none of us want to hear it) As a distributor, i hate price increases to, because if your price goes up, that means mine does to. Also, with price increases, we lose some buyers as we all know, sometimes you get priced out of what you want. On the last price increase, it was with godzilla, which happened to be the same time last year. For the rest of the calendar year, no other game price technically changed. however, some of the games right at the end of the year did go up 200 to cover the insider connected that was installed in them, that were not in the same titles that might have been in inventory, for example Mandalorian. I at one time had some mandalorian ran earler that where at the same price as release, and i also had some that were with insider that were 200 more.

So again, none of us like price increases, myself, ill blame JJP, when there base model is now 12k, more than even LE models of stern. But everything has gone through the roof in the past two years, hell a mcdonalds value meal is now 10 (was only 2 when i got my license, lol). So to not expect a price hike is just living in a fantasy world in the current times. Now as for what that price hike is, i have no clue, i was told it was a slight increase. But my version of slight and the manufacturers could be way different.

#32562 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If the price changes do you honor refunds on the deposits?

With us at Tilt Amusements, our deposits are always refundable, we dont care the reason you are backing out. We also only ask for a 100.00 deposit, just enough to say your serious, though we get tons that put deposits on multiple dealers and we know it. just sucks because those people dont care if the dealer gets screwed ordering games for them and then having to sit on them because of someone backing out. Right now, its not that big of an issue, as with the current situation, if someone backs out, there is almost always another person waiting.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

Don't blame JJP or other for price increases. When JJP sees people selling their GNR CEs for 2k to 6k about msrp 2 years ago. Stern with godzilla LEs doing the same. How much above msrp you sold elvira 40th anniversary for?
Greedy people need to leave. let us players/hobbyist/small route people enjoy for reasonable prices.

Bringing up Elvira is a moot point, there was no MSRP on that game, so not a single dealer charged over since its an imaginary number. As for dealers charging over MSRP on other titles like godzilla premium or LE models, well that doesnt happen at tilt. Other distributors have been caught and are openly doing that, and personally, id avoid them, but its your choice. And pricing fluctuates really, Some games that are in everyones inventory are now starting to go below MSRP. Right now, i know we have mandalorian, rush and zeppelin, below msrp with free shipping. . You might not get the old street prices like you use to, but its never over msrp from our company games. (now im a collector to, so if someone offers me over msrp on one of my personal games, i think that is different, but i rarely sell my personal anyway)

#32633 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Does this apply to the $16k TBL in the marketplace? MSRP + a $3k skip a year of waiting fee?

im not a dutch pinball distributor, I bought it for myself, if it sells at marketprice, ill just order another and wait again

#32637 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Hard to tell between the business and the person when using/posting from the same account associated to the business but also the person.

cant have two accounts here, I wish pinside would allow it for this exact reason

Also a collector, so i buy one of every title that comes out basically. Ive owned all but 1 spooky title, all ap, all cgc, all jjp, ive owned a haggis (celts) have a fathom coming, have a queen on order. Just very fortunate that my hobby and work are mixed. I even open up my place for the public to enjoy and had 70 people playing pins in my shop last saturday. So i want every game i can get to let people enjoy

#32639 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have seen your FB posts! Awesome stuff

cool, I wish more pinsiders were in my area to play the games. Hoping to maybe do some tournaments at my shop. Otherwise, there are 40+ pins there (more at home) that dont get played enough, lol. I seriously do enjoy people enjoying the games that i come across. Ive made sure some people get to play some titles that they might not ever see. Who else is nuts enough to take a HEP Krull, and goin nuts and put them on freeplay at pinball expo. I took a HEP king kong to a friends arcade and let people play it for a day. We even opened up a magic girl for the public to see (still stuck with one of those in a box sadly

#32737 1 year ago

Just like coil stops in the past, Stern had a bad batch of service buttons. Ive talked to them when i was up there and they had additional QA stuff done on all the ones they get now, but when they buy 1000's and all get mixed up, bad ones have still made it out. If you get one, just contact your distributor, it will be replaced

9 months later
#38397 9 months ago

From what I have been told, there is no price increase, 7000 for pro, 9700 msrp for premium

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.