Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#740 6 years ago

Speculation / Fantasy on an artist musings has little to no weight.Stern has managed to keep many secrets over the years. One has to look at the licsensing and money trail to glimpse the future. How many liscenses do stern currently hold in the musical pinball space. How much money does it cost to maintain them? At a certain point one has to produce or move on. What bands best represent the 40-65 year old demgraphic with money to spend.

Perhaps a Metal themed pinball jukebox like Monsters of Rock or 70s era. Freedom Rock game is in the works.

Just give me the Jaws pin already Stern...

#768 6 years ago

Hmnnn. Rumors are looking to be true

20229285_10155534781889244_8210105183116945399_n (resized).jpg20229285_10155534781889244_8210105183116945399_n (resized).jpg

1 month later
#877 6 years ago

Think we will be seeing something catering to metalheads!

3 years later
#16385 2 years ago

Looking at Market trends: - It would be foolish not to discount these rumors.

The Mandolorian
Troll Hunters, Lost In Space ( Another Netflix series )
Back to the Future
Jaws ( This has been forever rumored )
God help us not Superman
Svengoolie ( common guys make it so )

The High Def Audio spy equipment setup by the Pinball Podcast folks catches all the chitter chatter. ;0

2 months later
#19204 2 years ago

My guess for next Stern releases based on Popular trending shows.

218007907_353235259500904_6409532405828957926_n (resized).jpg218007907_353235259500904_6409532405828957926_n (resized).jpg
#19254 2 years ago

Let's give Stern some time to recuperate. Get caught up over the hump. Give us another couple months to recuperate from that JJP and Spooky buy.
Then release Godzilla, Jaws, BTTF or whatever they have brewing. That way I can swoop up on the NIB purchase have it delivered and start the 6 month cycle again.

1 month later
#20049 2 years ago

Love to see Jaws and BTTF. Really hope the Supply chain issues get resolved quickly though. I imagine that this is starting
to hurt most / if not all Stern's distributors.

My prediction is a new income stream for Stern with some kind of online / network play that is fully backward compatible
involving some readily available parts. I almost feel that some virtual pins connected to same network would even generate
some $ for those people that can afford to spend $ on a virtual table for switch, x-box, steam or Playstation. Especially with
the very hyped Steam system coming to Christmas trees in 2021 ( how is this supply chain immune ).

Next game. Supply Chain warfare......

#20070 2 years ago

I do not think price increases are going to go over to well and ultimately backfire down the road.
Especially if people are having to wait 6-8 months to get told they have to wait another couple months.

I know a lot of the middle class families are not going to spend an extra 500 - 1000 bucks in 2022 as
they are not going to be getting the full tax credit. That will put a squeeze on NIB purchase for some
as they won't have that Tax money. Also think after a year of supply chain waiting and not happy campers
people will spend elsewhere.

How do you follow up Mando anyway? Godzilla ( maybe ) not sure a BTTF will hold up against folks
who still want some of the other titles.

Unless - something else changes the game.....

#20251 2 years ago

Totally stoked for the new Stern Tech. Plan on adding it to all my games.

Think Godzilla , Goonies, Loki, Jaws or BTFF would just break Supply Chain .
Unless Stern's got that issue worked out... Wonder if they expanded if they could catch up
if all those issues were a mute point.

1 week later
#20463 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Would love to see chinese made games with us-game designers.

No way in hell would I support that.

#20484 2 years ago

I'm proud to show my friends and neighbors the 'Made in USA" stickers. How many companies can still say that.
Hope it remains the case for decades to come.

So Godzilla will be cool to sit next to Ultraman.
Jaws would be epic..

What else could be in the skunkworks at Stern? I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen any more 80s/90s nostalgia titles coming down.
Goonies, Gremlins, Beetlejuice

I really think Stern's going be plenty busy with the titles they got in the Q for awhile. Unless they got some increased capability coming..

1 week later
#21264 2 years ago

Noticed some new Godzilla A

Quoted from pinballjah:

I’m ready

[quoted image]

Think you just sold me on Rush Dr Who...

#21271 2 years ago

What is the holy grail of Music themes..

Weird Al .... Dare to be stupid.. Polka Party -- Think this would be epic epic epic.

Black Sabbath ( Where is this ? )
Ozzy Osborne ( Where? )
Slayer ( Would be huge )
Green Day

DEVO - ( This would be the ultimate odd ball )

I guess to be thrifty I'm surprised we haven't seen the era of best ofs.
Freedom Rock - Well crank it up man..

5-10 years we will start to see some of the College Rock folks with money to burn.
REM, B52s ehm Sub Pop Records of how about Wax-Trax Records !!

#21306 2 years ago

That fact that Godzilla vs Barkley may make me want to do a Hard Pass .. lol

#21315 2 years ago

"Has Movie Clips" From what Movie? Era?

With LCDs now seems like Movie clips are going be there. Or can be added later ..

2 months later
#23514 2 years ago

Place your bets?

Venom or Loki?

Or could it be something you didn't see coming?

#23700 2 years ago

Wish I could be excited by a Music pin from Stern. Last couple been major disappointments.

Stern butchered: Heavy Metal, Primus, Led Zep, Aerosmith and Rolling stones

With exceptions of:
Iron Maiden and Metallica

Honorable efforts
ACDC and Beatles

How is Rush going to be any better. They are going to have to do some serious next level code and toys.
Sterns just not batting at 100% on these.

I love rush but after Led Zeppelin just not clamoring for more of the same. It better be GNR x 2 on design
and code. Especially with pinflation.

Also a Vault release in 2022? Any guess - I'd Say MET or Tron

Bring Back Dirty Donny for something Cool..

#23701 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I've never been able to understand why anyone who claims to be passionate about music could dislike Rush? Within Rush you have the best drummer in the world. You have one of the best bassist in the world and a phenomenal guitarist. All of there songs are either uplifting or deeply thought provoking, or both. The music that these 3 people create is top tier music for music enthusiasts. I understand people have different tastes in music and different genres appeal more to some than others. But if you appreciate music at all there is no way Rush can be denied as great music. You may enjoy something heavier. Something more country. Something more pop. But there is no denying Rush makes great music! Rush has a huge catalog of music and a huge following of avid fans. Rush absolutely deserve to be immortalized on a pinball machine.
Thanks for listening
Brandon

Agree but it's gotta be worthy of Rush.

#23704 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

You forgot KISS in your post. love my Stern KISS LE, … to be honest this game is bolted in my home too

KISS would be honorable mention. That fricking game always takes me out in tournaments.

#23774 2 years ago

What do I think would be a power play for Stern.

PHISH . The fan base is huge if you can get the members on board. That would be huge and I mean huge. Every Brewpub west of the rockies would have one. LE's would sell out once the rumors leak.. Even if the game sucked it would sell out. WHICH is WRONG.

I know a lot of Phish-heads and every time one of ask me two questions. Is there a Greatful Dead pin or Phish pin.

Dad-Rock . Please please let there never be a Muse, Marshmellow, Nickleback pinball please please and no Radiohead...
If there is a Mary Cary pin I'm done.

#23841 2 years ago

I'm guessing if Stern is going to release a new Pin it's going to be on December 21st at 12pm.

Prior to price bloating I would of picked up this game in hopes it was something unique.
Now it.s just the subject of my soliloquy.

#23948 2 years ago

Rumored vault in 2022....

Wonder if they'd Vault Ghostbusters..

5 months later
#27487 1 year ago

JAWS is codename for 007?

With recession in full swing and feeling a bit of that pinch not sure I can jump on a 007 theme.
I was praying for Back to The Future, or Jaws ( doubt that can be done up to my expectations ) .
Other themes I want ain't going happen "Evil Dead" or "Beastie Boys or Wutang Clan"

With the Premium price tags what they are it definitely has slowed my roll. Very few people have
the disposable income in STL to quickly sell a game that's near 10k.

#27535 1 year ago

I'd love to see Stranger Things Vault edition. With standard Blacklight feature.

That said - hoarding my money .. Typically I buy a title in the summer as I hate Humid Summer days.
Not this summer.

While Stern has a tremendous back order of titles to get thru. I'm really glad they didn't sink a ton of money into
increasing the production capability as the Recession is here Summer 2022. Think we are going to see some of the
boutiques in a spot in 2023. My optimism is slightly soured and just hope Stern can ride thru the bumpy years ahead.

#27654 1 year ago

I would love to see stern do Beastie Boys. This could lead to other things.

We need a Hip Hop pin that is marketable to everyone. Tribe Called Quest would be fun to.

Something that is Hits Baby Boomer - Gen X and pulls on some Millenial and Zs strings as well.

Beastie Boys ( NO Brainer ) -
Tribe Called Quesst
Wutang Clan
Eminem

One of those titles for next Music pin. Fo0Fighters (NO)
or my dream theme.

The House Crew ( Just do the label )
Do MetalHeads label and a Jungle / Breaks Theme - with expression lighting...

#27669 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I grew up listening to Rap/Hip Hop. I doubt they'd ever do Wu, Mobb Deep, Tribe, Eminem/D12, but I think Beastie Boys would be a great theme. I know that MCA had in his Last Will that he didn't want his likeness or any of his music to be used for commercial purposes, so I hope that doesn't effect the chances of a BB pin.

Doesn't stop a homebrewer.... Just sayin

#27670 1 year ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

An Elwin designed orginal toy story....

Think Toy Story has officially Jumped to the Shark. How do you not have Woody, Buzz and Slinky Dog on a game.

Keep Elwin on what Elwin's on.. Give him free reign.. Dude's has the Midas touch now. He should have like a Mil + contract with
LE (Gold leaf) edition of Godzilla. Wonder what the final sales of Godzilla vs Toy stoy or GNR look like.

Wonder if Godzilla outsold GNR? Wonder what #s are on that. That game is epic should hit 'Adam's Family' #s.

3 weeks later
#28158 1 year ago

Please Please - Do a Stranger Things Vault - With Season 4
Make the - lighting kit part of game..

Must Have Eddies's Metallica Solo mode. Totally could knock it out of the park... Shooting orbits and collecting 'kills'

You would be printing money with a Premium Only Vault and some updated images.

I'll take one at current pricing model. Site unseen.

#28160 1 year ago

With the Stern Insider.. Is it even possible to do the 'Reworked' material and still be Insider Connected?

#28192 1 year ago

Next stern Pin Speculation:

Rock Themes:

Sub-Pop: ( screw single artist do a bunch hit a bunch of moving targets vs one ) - https://www.subpop.com/artists/list
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon!
Yes
Freedom Rock ( Hey Man is that Freedom Rock.. we'll crank it up Man, Classic Rock Jukebox featuring every band that doesn't really need a pin. )

Cheech and Chong Up In Smoke ( Dispensary Market is huge ) Put a Hedora in there for easter egg.
"Hey Man is the car moving... let's see your license.. it's on the Bumper Mannnnnn "

Drum & Bass ( Huge market put this in a club with huge SubWoofer mech )

Metalheads ( This would be huge in most of Europe ) -https://www.metalheadz.co.uk/home - Make a Mix with Orbits.....
Goldie vs Grooverider

Gary Stern The Pin ( Lots of existing artwork should be all things Gary )

#28310 1 year ago

Stern needs to jump back on Stranger Things.. I'm telling you it's hotter than ever.

I want one and second hand market is insane in the membrane.

Do a huge new run.. Add some new code featuring new season.. BOOM Printing money..
Need to hire another crew to make those and Zilla's

Do another Metallica Vault.. Add a new song or two and code feature..Booom more money more money

Do a Thrash Metal Best of.... some big label..

#28379 1 year ago

Venom pinball machine is a unlikely thing to see. If I even saw a homebrew I'd flip out.

That's about as likely as A Christian Rock band pinball honoring Petra, Micheal W Smith or Carmen ( the Pin )

#28381 1 year ago

Coming Soon.

ecece5e21e60b844a845f0ae7c3bde03 (resized).pngecece5e21e60b844a845f0ae7c3bde03 (resized).png
#28386 1 year ago

How could they do a Venom game not based on Movies? The cost of animating the segways would be prohibitive. You'd end up with a powerpoint or 'Aerosmith' quality segways. Though I kinda miss my Aersomith pin

1 week later
#28772 1 year ago

Guess nothing is being released today. Except for Pinball Bros.

I suppose Stern has had Multiple Music Pins on the line before..

Did some research and Beastie Boys are not against promoting merchandise that co-markets the image of the Band.
Stern would be building a homage piece not a Commercial.

You could have a subwoofer that vibrates and moves the balls around ... Whoop Whoop Woop woop
"Now here's a little story I've got to tell
About three bad brothers you know so well
It started way back in history
With Adrock, MCA and me, Mike D"

Three Bad Brothers - Multiball

#29052 1 year ago

With the new movie coming.. You just can't go wrong with the BTTF hype..

Put a Gary Stern as Doc easter egg in it... Make sure to retain everyones favorite feature stealing the score from
the next player! Make sure to make it optional though.

2 weeks later
#29872 1 year ago

Starting to feel a bit quiet in Pinball. Any predictions on the day the pinball community rejoices and Pinside picks it apart new Stern Title ?
August 23 is my guess when they unveil - Loki, Marvel Venom or Eddie Munson Stranger Things edition. 007 will be a flop unless it's the right Bond.

#29874 1 year ago

I am kinda hoping they make Metallica the home pin but leave it almost 100% original.

1 week later
#30610 1 year ago

When will Stern Release next Title? Place your bets...

August 23
August 30th
Sept 5th

Or are we waiting all the way to October

If you can guess the date, time and game title and you don't work at Stern / Distro. Someone will be happy!
Wonder if Ceasar's Palace will let you wager on this?

#30840 1 year ago

Guess we are safe on not another Music pin.
Eminem - Foofighters - Beastie Boys or Ozzy just don't seem probable.

Bond - I really think is kinda oddfellow release.

Maybe they will surprise us.

If it's BTFT I'm in . but think my money is safe.

#30949 1 year ago

Is it true ? Stern Jaws or Back to The Future -will not include Cast members?

Not sure there is enough meat on the bone for a Jaws without the Cast.. Bruce quite frankly is dated..
Though the acting and storytelling has been the only thing that has stood the test of time.

Back to the Future.. Without the character actors is just a bad Car. Might as well make a American Pickers Pinball with a Delorean .

2 months later
#33796 1 year ago

Stranger Things Vault ! Gets my Vote.

Wonder if anyone has a Godzilla (routed) that has paid for itself 1x or 2x times yet?

I wonder if the Supply chain issues that are plaguing the industry have started to let up a bit. Though
inflation seems to be the new kick in the pants for Pinball... Just got back from vacation and still somewhat
surprised from the Dinner tabs we ran up. Food was the major expense on this trip. Holy hell.

1 week later
#33877 1 year ago

What is the #1 blocker to Supply Chain issues to date in pinball today? Where is the times is tough innovation?

With these issues you'd think they create a Generic Pinball Cabinet and just swap the playfields out with some trans lites and call it a day. These node boards seem to make that fairly easy. That way you could just reuse your Spike boards in the wild vs waiting forever.

Guess they'd have to figure out a new way to crate and ship. They could make a mechanism that would make it damn easy to plop standard playfield in game... Just think of all the playfields you could populate and ship in 1/2 the space.... Shipping cost down. and more product going out.

Use magnetic side art and blammo.

Hell I'd be looking at manufactured wood from recycle material to cut some cost and keep it real..

New game.... Recycled Playfield manufactured wood, redesigned to be supply chain proof and cost friendly.

Why not reinvent the payment system.. Who needs coin mechs anymore. Who has really Paper money / coins .. anymore?

Just use Stern Insider and Digital coin payment system. Don't screw operators with surcharge.

All sacrilege....

#33921 1 year ago

The holy grail of all themes and licensing would be Monty Python Pin.

Imagine the attract sounds, cabinet art, mechs and modes. Only Stern could do this justice.

I'd totally do the Homebrew IF I could get my grimy fingers on some the new FAST node based boards
and a little help from some friends.

holygrail.netflixkeyart (resized).jpgholygrail.netflixkeyart (resized).jpg

or

ab67616d0000b273bc90b4b507565e1fae75033d (resized).jpgab67616d0000b273bc90b4b507565e1fae75033d (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#34219 1 year ago

A little bird told me that in 2023 we will see the following title.
A reworked revamped Avatar. Rumor mill.. Keeps on spinning round.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

1 month later
#35287 1 year ago

I hope we see "Marty and the Pinheads" on a brand new BTTF release in Summer of 23.

5 months later
#37545 9 months ago

With inflation and economy on a rocky road both domestically and internationally. With only a handful of cash rich countries left. . Much of the luxury goods for the average middle class joe are becoming un-obtanium. Many of us Hobbyist are on pause as the 10k machines we bought in 2022 have taken a slight hit in value for a couple reasons.

Stern really is in a good spot to put the squeeze on the boutique distributors by simply pricing them out. All they have to do is offer people who came late into the hobby a bit of a taste of the old catalog. Metallica, Iron Man, Tron, and other titles at a price point that comes in slightly under the current Pro price point. Add Insider to boot. Now focus on building back up quality customer service to further dominate. Price point has to be profitable most people routing on a small scale can't afford to cycle games like they once did.

Lastly some more innovation. Would be cool to see a way to pay for games that doesn't require quarters that could use Venmo, BitCoin or Paypal Apple Pay systems completely integrated into a Secure pay portal. Maybe even Win Credits on Stern Insider or like platform you could use any Stern game. Make it like a system where it's beneficial to anyone part of the Stern Network.

#37550 9 months ago

Pinball community needs to pump on the breaks and say hell no at 10k.. Never should let this happen folks.
BOM is slightly higher but customer service from Stern still bites unless you a dealer. Lot companies be price gouging because of stupid consumers pay .

1 week later
#37985 9 months ago

What happened to Kong?

What would make sense. The Last Of Us - Pinball Machine.
Venom seems a bit late to the race / release. Not sure how much momentum they are going get out of that.

To me it makes alot of sense to get out something like Spiderverse theme if your going to do Mavel try to ride
the wave of that.

Kong would be solid for sure. Nice companion to a Zilla..

Personally I think it's a vault title .

#38365 9 months ago

Incoming.. Tons of games about to come up for sale to make room for Venom.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TechnicalSteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=TechnicalSteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.