Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saltimbanco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

454 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Saltimbanco. You are on page 1 of 2.
#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

True. EHOH SLE was a laugh fest for me at price point. Someone shows me THAT in their collection, I’m questioning sanity, not ‘oohhing and ahhing’ over it. Far from it.

So true.. I just don't get the interest in EHOH, I don't get the interest for a bunch of games actually.. a board of 'thinkers' got together somewhere and came up with budgets and ressources to produce.. an Elvira game? And they all said 'Yeah, good one, let's make this happen' ???

#8826 3 years ago

That's fine, you guys all done? Can we get back to topic, this is fun stuff thinking of the next Stern, not doing whatever you guys are doing, IMO (Thou, I can get some popcorn out..lol)

Feels like the guys over at Stern get traction with older titles, would be interesting to know which generation these guys are from. They would indeed probably go for the like of JAWS.. Myself, big sci-fi classics fan, I would go for SPACE 1999..

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'd be interested if it happens I love quicksilv and I'm a huge Queen fan so I would probably have to get it. I'm still hoping Zeppelin is coming after it though.

It's becoming crowded with rock music groups.. you want to love the music and play cool, fun games, but not limit yourself to owning Iron Maiden, the Beatles, AC/DC, etc.

How about a pin that would have all that, different groups, music.. QUEEN would definitely be in there, centre piece IMO! (let's face it, best group, best singer, best music ever.. Bohemian R best song ever. Period. That and probably Sgt. Pepper's best album..)

Stern ROCK GODS Pro, Premium and LE

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's becoming crowded with rock music groups.. you want to love the music and play cool, fun games, but not limit yourself to owning Iron Maiden, the Beatles, AC/DC, etc.
How about a pin that would have all that, different groups, music.. QUEEN would definitely be in there, centre piece IMO! (let's face it, best group, best singer, best music ever.. Bohemian R best song ever. Period. That and probably Sgt. Pepper's best album..)
Stern ROCK GODS Pro, Premium and LE

And some KISS for the theatrics.. But Gene Simmons would ask to much % for that one!

#8831 3 years ago

Stern could really well make era-based.. I'm damn sure the 80's would bring in buyers, so would the 90's and early 00's.. for those markets, potential buyers are ripe because they can spend..

#8832 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

Pink Floyd and Led Zep pins need to happen. can't believe they already don't have machines.. besides the home brew that's out there.

Pink Floyd, yesss! the Wall multiball..

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Also 36k for BM66 SLE is crazy.
Don't forget about those insane prizes the Supreme game sold for. Which was basically a cheap re-themed home game...
Nothing is impossible nowadays when it comes to pinball

They made it because they could sell it. People can do whatever they want with their money, it doesn't bother me. At least, they can actually play the damn thing! A lot of people out there pay premium money for collectables they keep sealed in, never enjoying those items - but just knowing they own them. I'm fine with that, too. Whatever floats their boat!

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Said it before ...
Unless it's Borg on Lawrence Welk - I don't want to see another music pin for awhile.

I actually had to Google that!! lol I can honeslty say I don't think it will ever happen.. sorry!

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow...possibly Queen old school style game followed by a new layout Led Zep.
Wasn’t planning on buying two machines to close the year but I may need to if this happens.

Queen yes, oh yes! But please, something better than this.. lol

f8d4136e04fec23d1feb1e253da13ca9d06825b8 (resized).jpgf8d4136e04fec23d1feb1e253da13ca9d06825b8 (resized).jpg
#8842 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Im not, but that dude buying 36k pins probably is.
[quoted image]

vidgameseller, I agree with your take on what pins are, 100%.. unfortunaltely, quite a few people don't. I recently have been looking around for a Tron, and some sellers made the whole thing feel like it was their pension fund or something! Some will say they need to make a profit, because it's a valued game. Others want to recoup whatever the heck they added to the game, regardles if I care for a Hallmark toy with a LED that was put in trou a whole they punched in..

But, yeah I see both your point and underlord's

To get back on topic, I'd really like Stern to vault TRON, but it's just me, lol, again I'm a big sci-fi fan!

#8845 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Jealousy of money is as old as money itself. I grew up around people with much more money than my family had and learned to not begrudge them or have petty jealousy like displayed in this thread. There are lot of people who have tons of money. I'm not even talking about billionaires. If you made $10 million a year, how are you stupid for buying an SLE for $36K? The extra money to a person in that tax bracket is like a couple hundred to me. When I drive 50 miles each way to buy a game, I don't bicker over a couple hundred dollars if it's a game that I want. I've already invested the better part of a day; hand them the money and move on.
I think the Pro, Premium and LE model is genius and helps people on all ends of the pinball spectrum from a perspective of available play money. JJP and CGI seem to agree too. Why be an SLE hater and worry about a product that was never aimed at you? Don't buy it. Why belittle and discriminate against the 1%? Let them have their fun too and don't worry if you don't find it to be a particularly good investment LOL. If there is demand then why not make a product? Would be stupid not to. Especially one that rolls in a ton of profit margin and helps keep the cost of Premiums and Pros down a little? Before anyone bitches at that statement, tell me that the profit margin on Pros is not way less than an LE or especially an SLE. Stern is a business in a cut throat industry that has seen many companies come, go and have to be rescued. Supreme was also genius and yet some people here resented it and resented Stern for ever making it. Mind boggling how anyone can think like that.

Can I thumb up for more than 100% here? lol totally agree. It's marketing and I like that it's out there because it offers options. Also, even if you have the means to get some LE or SLE, doesn't mean you should. I prefer my GOT Premium over the GOT LE, prefer the art and the gameplay. Some people prefer the Pro because the action is more direct without the upper.. again, options! That's all it is. And Stern makes money, and they should, it's a business. Be happy it's succesfull..

#8847 3 years ago

I wote it elsewhere :

Stern SPACE X MARS, in collaboration with Tesla/Elon Musk. Can you imagine what crazy things those guys could come up with?

#8848 3 years ago

SPACE X

spacextomcruise-6adacd768b4694a82d0a8687a72ab34e-1200x600 (resized).jpgspacextomcruise-6adacd768b4694a82d0a8687a72ab34e-1200x600 (resized).jpg
#8850 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

that would be kind of hilarious if someone tweeted at him challenging him to come up with the next level in pinball technology and he accepted the challenge and Tesla started making pinball machines.

Actually the sort of stuff Musk would probably react to! That mind needs to be kept busy at all time.. maybe he never got in pins when he was younger, and we should try to infect him with the pin virus, somehow! SpaceX mission to Mars, Tom Cruise in talks to make a movie in actual space, great publicity for Musk. I don't tweet, don't care for any of it, but I dare you to write to Musk!! Can you imagine, an hyper accelerated ball into a Boring Company tube, flamethrower special effects, mag Lev stuff, special 'in game' Tesla ludicrous mode.. and whatever that mind of his could come up with.. and music from his gf! Lol (that part, no need to mention it because I don't really care for that type of music)

#8921 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

the only marvel pin i'd be interested is something off the beaten path, maybe like a howard the duck or something. that would rock

The movie killed all feelings I would ever have about Howard the duck.. lol

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

That's exactly how I feel about the whole "old rock band" theme.
Well, except that they reached the one-too-many tipping point on that about 3 machines ago.

Agreed, yet well see another one shortly, I bet..

#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Someone mentioned that it is time to have Horror games... I agree 100% with the idea of The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen, Fright Night,etc,... and for sports Pin, I don’t mind a Stallone’s Rocky someday either

Stephen King Pinballs.. Christine, the Dead Zone.. could be all bunched up into one big game.

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

And just to bring back the Jaws rumor... From TWIP:
Keith Elwin shared an image of the TWIPYs his games have won, along with the caption “Gonna Need a Bigger Shelf”…hopefully that means we’ll see something from him soon!

I can definitely see Jaws, Wonder Woman, Black Widow and Guns N' Roses. Stern loves rock gods. I kinda need to see the side art on a Wonder Woman!

#9120 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

YOU don’t care. That’s fine. So you speak for, what, all the 12-18 demographic? That’s cool. They ain’t buying pins without money anyway.
And it was 1975. Google it!

Man, you slammed that one! Lol

#9121 3 years ago

Hahaha, sorry... Still laughing about the 12-18 demographics!

#9129 3 years ago

Anyone up for The Mandalorian? Myself I wouldn't care, but just asking..

#9134 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

hey, i'm not in the 12-18 group. what do you want next? beattlejuice? superman 1978? love boat? come on guys, let go of the past.

18389_1_large (resized).jpg18389_1_large (resized).jpg
#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

What you are forgetting is that there was no premium version back then, so there is no problem with Stern releasing a premium version with all the LE bells and whistles. This has been said before by Stern.

I don't think it's that easy to bring a Tron without a full redesign. Stern wouldn't have the parts, the CPU would need to be changed, retooling of assembly line, etc. Then they would need to bring something new to it, probably redo the graphics, playfield..

It's not as if Stern would have kept tons of NIB parts and components and just needed to assemble them. So, a full redesign would be in order.. why would they indeed, instead of doing a different game that is either more current or has an historical following (say, music groups), IMO..

Btw, myself I'm am not that crazy to see yet another music group title (haters will hate me for saying), we've just seen great titles such as ACDC being pulled out by the seller because there was no interest, so I may not be the only one which feels that way. And I've been looking all over (yeah, been bugging people a lot, I know) for a Tron that is reasonably affordable in Canada. And when I mean reasonable, Tron has increased in value more than quite a few games out there. So add toys and mods to the mix, then it's not that affordable anymore. And yet, the argument that Stern won't make a Tron VE because there are already games available out there on the resellers market doesn't stand up to paying $11000 USD for some Tron LE, or $6700 USD for a somewhat modded PRO. Convert USD to CAD, and Canadians will see my point..

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Watching original Jaws is the cinema was great in the 1970s...
I remember everyone screaming blue murder!
People in those days actually thought it was possible sharks chased people in boats and were 30ft long.
Nowadays I still watch it but that big rubber shark eating the boat, then eating helicopters in Jaws II! Get the fcuk out of here
It’s the nostalgia I guess why people want it so bad in a pin, it had great actors in the original but I’m not sure it will translate well but worth a go ....
Again, if it has teeth, extinct, scales, green or fishy then Stern will probably give it a punt.

So, replace the JP T-Rex with the mouth of Jaws, it would make it a new pin people will need to get? Even the 'dum, dum, dum, dum, dum background music won't help with the rapid pace of some good gameplay..lol

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Shut up, idiot....OH HEY RYZA!

Is it Tron? Is it Tron? Say it's Tron. It's definitely Tron isn't it!? Is it Tron?

It won't be Tron, lol, unfortunately. And I'm dazzled at how many people jumped that Jaws' boat (s'cuse the pun!). Stern would definitely need a bigger marketing boat to sell this. I loved that movie, but how many people have watched it in full more than twice? Raise your hand you few, you happy few? Lol

#9158 3 years ago

And France called, they'd like a Jerry Lewis Premium!!!

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I would bet I have watched it at least 20 times, maybe 30... I would guess I am not the only one.

Lol, the shark gets it at the end, spoiler! But seriously, that movie then does something for you, the music, the acting and how it was masterfully put together by Spielberg. So, yeah, you must not be the only one that has watched that movie many times during your lifetime, but how many of those people will also jump at the chance of forking out $7000 on a Jaws, sure it will be sold out rapidly and back ordered. But so will be any title put out by Stern. I'm just putting out there that Stern execs may want to invest in a sure thing, something that will be easy to market, and not just with movie officiandos in mind.

Star Wars has toys, movies, fanbase, etc. It has Legos by the truckload. Same with Marvel. Music groups have their epic songs that will go on forever and will be discovered through time. Jaws is a movie based on a good book. Doesn't mean I don't like it, and that I wouldn't want to play a Jaws. But buying it would be a tougher sell in my case. Again, it's just me.

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Actually I have to disagree with you in that. Benchley’s book (for that matter, any of his books) is not even remotely of the calibre of the movie adaptation. But it is a movie masterpiece.

Agreed on the movie, as for the book, I used to be a sucker for those types. I'm sure reading it again (no intention of doing that, just not there anymore!) would prove you right. Then, I'd rather read Moby Dick again, a classic, but same underlaying theme..

UnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted.gifUnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted.gifUnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted (resized).pngUnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted (resized).png
#9171 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Nothing needs to be changed... Iron-Man and Spider-Man had a re-run as Vault. Both games are older as Tron.
Spider-Man did get a new comic art package for DMD, playfield and cabinet.
Iron-Man just got some new cabinet decals.
Of course there were minor tweaks like the new metal style backbox and some reinforced mechs like the magnet on Spider-Man or the auto-launch assy on Iron-Man. But most parts were 1 identical to their “initial” run years ago. They even run with Sam board sets.
So it is not as hard as some think. Stern just needs to re-new the license and call the vendors to produce the parts.
I bet a lot of people would go nuts for a Tron Vault Edition.

I certainly would go nuts! But how easy would it be to get that vault edition? I can already see 'pre-waiting' list, delays, units bring backordered..only to find out preferred customers got to them first. Then, prices magically would go up on all of them, including the older versions!

#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What marvel game theme would be coming? Captain America? Thor?

Black Widow...

#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

ebay.com link » Tron Limited Edition Le Pinball Machine By Stern Free Shipping Mods
For God's sake, vault the damn thing please....

Ridiculous prices.. can't wait to read about, yet, another wave of people saying that THEY can afford this, and that the ones that can't afford this should shut up and move on to another hobby..

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think stern knows TRON vault would sell very well and hopefully make enough to cover demand and not do a small run.

I can hear the cries and pleads from the different buyers that just spent $6500 to $14000 on the current line!

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think Tron IF it comes out it's without a doubt somewhere between 2020-2022.... I'm leaning towards next year 2021 for them to Vault it... Here's why:
This year 2020 which is coming to a close marks the 10th anniversary of Tron Legacy film which came out in 2010. Slim chance this year not just because time is running out but you still never know...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year in 2021 IMO has the greatest chance of being re-released as a TRON "PREMIUM" VAULT:
-Tron Roller coaster coming to Disney World in 2021
-Disney World 50th Anniversary in 2021
-Stern Originally released Tron pinball in 2011 ... Which would mark the 10th anniversary for the pin in 2021.
2021 Would make a timely release with those Disney things & Sterns 10 year anniversary of the original Tron Pinball release.
And IMO the last chance with having those dates line up to do another Tron "Vault" or a Tron PREMIUM Vault.
*Also might try to capitalize as many sales on the Tron PREMIUM Vault (Legacy) as possible before releasing a new "Tron '82" which IMO would be in 2022.
They will possibly call it a TRON PREMIUM Vault "TPV" with likely lit ramps, minor art adjustment on say the translite or speaker area. To keep the LE existing customers happy they can omit the other daft punk extra song, thus making the LE still an LE with it being ever so slightly different. Guessing the MSRP $6995-$7995 And they will sell through them all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022 This would be the 40th Anniversary of the original Tron film from 1982.... So It's entirely possible they might make a Tron 82' version. Totally new design / new artwork or possibly just re-theme it to match the 1982 film.

Please go work at Stern and make them see the cyber light!!!

#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Desire:
TRON Pro: 618 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than currently HAVE it in their collection)
TRON LE: 480 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than owners - even more than Stern MADE)
Used Cost: (with some wiggle room)
TRON PRO average is 8K (~3K over NIB at release)
TRON LE average is 10-12K (~5K over NIB at release)
Threads:
TRON Vault is by far the number 1 requested vault. This is rather obvious based on it showing up so often in threads (even this one). By using Pinside Search it appears to have the highest number of related posts - even more than LOTR.
Based on that info it would appear to be far more than 100 screaming pinball fans...
I would say hundreds (not 100) would likely buy a TRON vault.

Super interesting angle, yup, that's how the market felt around Tron, but you've done some digging and it is what it is, regardless the movie was a hit or not. There's definitely some huge interest in Tron because of the theme. The Shadow movie sucked eggs, but I wouldn't trade my Shadow away.. there's something about it, dunno, my gf and me clicked with it! And no, it's not because of Alec in the case of my gf! Lol

#9203 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Guys, the enthusiasm is great and all. However, all these thoughts about vaults and anniversary's of movies/roller-coasters/games etc are not likely to point to anything at all. Listen to the interviews with the guys in charge. George Gomez spoke specifically about these things in his last interview. They will do it if it makes business sense. They know the market better than anyone on here quoting random facts.

We know that! But this is fun stuff! You wanna talk about the weather or do small talk? Nice and warm here in Ottawa, trying to drag my gf into the pool. There! Lol

#9204 3 years ago

Anyhow, anyone knows what other licenses Stern may have? Other than their current line of products.. is this something they announce sometimes?

#9205 3 years ago

Cause', Avatar is coming and it will be a big thing for the next few years, so..

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB puns.

I would, but you know, Canadian dollar versus US, taxes, import fees..

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB puns.

Myself don't need NiB.. I guess it's like a new car, lol, everything perfect..

#9217 3 years ago

..that number looks fishy..lol

rihanna-hbsmjpg-9f8fbd2c5844013a (resized).jpgrihanna-hbsmjpg-9f8fbd2c5844013a (resized).jpg
#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So will Stern recognise this and go the extra mile and make everyone want the new improved Tron or just re-hash the red DMD Pro with a new translite?

If they were ever to do one, they would do the extra mile, hopefully Stern execs know all that stuff. And if it happens, chances are they need to wait for one year or two so they ride out their current commitments to existing licenses, to benefit from Tron 3 if it ever comes (looks promising), the opening of Disneyland's Tron attraction, etc. There's still a pandemic going on, so Stern undoubtedly had limited capacity..

And do check out the noise about Tron 3!

SinfulAbsoluteAoudad-size_restricted (resized).pngSinfulAbsoluteAoudad-size_restricted (resized).png
#9240 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You forgot to mention the best thing .
Ruby Roundhouse . Ooh yeah !
[quoted image]

That's the best argument right there, Jumanji = very nice side art!

#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tron VE is a difficult proposal because of possible effects on the exclusiveness and price of the original LEs. Tron came out before the Pro/Premium/LE standard had been set and by today's rules it is more like a Premium than an LE IMO. As soon as you add the factory lit ramps and moving finder, you have basically moved into an area that is questionable. Not to mention the suggestion to go with SPIKE and add LCD display. Were that to happen the value of the original games will be crushed. The prices of an original LEs will go from $12K to $6K overnight.

Stern doesn't have to ensure the value of older machines creeps up, then that they keep said value, does it? If you buy a Premium or LE, you're paying for the extra perks, nothing more. I didn't sign an exclusive agreement with anyone when I got my last Premium.. it doesn't say 'Stern promises to NOT release anything that may jeopardize said future value of the game you've just purchased...'

#9269 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What would make you believe Stern will go the extra mile?

Because I know they have talked about exactly that. I had been writing to Stern recently about trying to find a Tron.. then, someone told me on another forum they had some insider's info about Tron VE that was indeed coming.. so, I wrote back to Stern to be added to their waiting list.. I guess some execs were not having a busy week, or maybe they got tired of me writing to them, but they actually replied and cc'd a bunch of other folks from inside Stern. Big organizations are all alike, sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, so I got the feeling that one section of Stern was kind of asking about Tron VE as well.

I got some sort of a reply saying they knew how Tron was big out there, and knew about its reselling value. They also know about that Tron 3 may come. It's a Disney license that they have, those don't go around cheap and it's kind of a privilege to have. So nobody said no about doing a Tron at one point, but probably not the vault people expect. Fact is, they were kind of saying that the VE stuff may never be done again because it was almost as much work than actually creating a new game.

My understanding is that they wouldn't do a Tron before way later, especially because Stern had other great licenses to exploit, great titles coming, and that they were currently behind production and backordered. I have no idea what they meant when they said that whatever was coming up shortly was already sold out anyway. And that they were just fulfilling orders at this point.

But they ended by saying that if it ever happen, it would be modernized with spike (I have no idea what it means) and that it would stand up to the more recent games we've seen.

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And a third and a fourth.

Just different translites.. if I remember, they used the original 3D translite from the LE on the first run of the PRO, then the others came out with the girls, etc.. doesn't make them VE..

#9296 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That‘s like... your opinion, man.

Lol, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. They didn't rename it or anything. Then just went with decals instead of stencil, and changed the translite which was probably cheaper to produce than the original 3D version..
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5682

#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, I'm wondering what makes people think the pin would coincide with the movie

I don't think people are all saying that, it's just that it makes sense when a movie comes out for derivative products to be available.. kind of take advantage ot the publicity, etc..

But what do we know! Lol A lot of people are thinking a vaulted Tron would be a great idea, and that Disney should have made that Tron 3 a long while ago. Yet nothing has happened! Sometimes it just makes too much sense..

#9310 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's a fact based on your opinion what a vault is.
We have Vaults that are comepletely the same machine (Star Trek), vaults with slight or major additions (Iron Man), Vaults with a completely changed art package (Spiderman).
So the clear definition of a Vault ist: There is none!
Tron released multiple times, changed it's name to "2nd", "3rd", "4th" edition. Changed a bit of stuff like the translite and the bikes, as well as stuff in the manufacturing process like you wrote, but it still is a rerun of an existing game (out of the Vault) that there was demand for.
(It's definately not a different Version to rekindle interrest like AC/DC Luci or Munsters Premium Color.)

Then, I don't believe you meant to imply those Tron 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth editions were in fact different iterations of a Tron VE. Or else, Stern would have called it that way. Those Tron versions came from the same production run, they didn't need to be vaulted. Must have come down to Stern execs telling themselves 'hey, this game is catching and is in high demand, let's do some more and fix a few things along the way..'

You are however right about the lack of a clear definition of what a real vaulted pinball is, because it's all about marketing and selling a niche product that has become in demand. Same goes with Pro, versus Premium and LE. We all have it pretty good idea of what those are, the vault (or VE) is just some different marketing branding.

I went back to Stern's website to read again about their VE releases. In a nutshell, when a game is really successful (and there is still a high demand for it), Stern's goal is '...to take one of our most popular games and make it even better'. Then follows a long list of improvements, affecting every aspect of the game, not just a few decals or a couple of toys. But also music, armor, GI, etc. Same game, different experience.. at least, that's Stern's claim!

#9314 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You can believe that... or reality.
So name ONE improvement of Star Trek Vault.
Oh yeah, it has a „last voyage EDITION“ plaque on it.
And when Tron was new there was no „Vault Edition“, or „Premium“ or anything.
There was no ongoing long production run either, pinball was pretty beat up at that time.
So rerunning this game two years , like you do now just regulary manufacture a game for years, was a novelty.
But yes, if it makes you feel better, it can‘t be a Vault, since the category didn‘t exist yet.

Lol, I don't need it to make me feel any better, we're just exchanging on a forum here. Also, seems we're boring skink91..

#9322 3 years ago
0fec85a8396991a794998c80bc2479098f4d217d (resized).jpg0fec85a8396991a794998c80bc2479098f4d217d (resized).jpg
#9323 3 years ago
space 1999-1 (resized).jpgspace 1999-1 (resized).jpg
#9328 3 years ago

I'm in both for a Muppets, or Space 1999!
Also a Lego would be awesome, Stern should look at that Hotwheel!

#9349 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Me too. My gameroom is full and now I'm eyeing the removal of some furniture from my office to accommodate JAWS and/or one other irresistible theme.

Agreed, who needs a fireplace anyway - we're talking about Jaws here! But don't touch Vader (unless you want to replace with a Centurion..)

#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I want a pinball based on the old Saturday morning show the Banana Splits!

Because people will need some reference material.. and, no, you ain't getting this! Lol
41350f6647ecc63370d333d13410e7f6 (resized).jpg41350f6647ecc63370d333d13410e7f6 (resized).jpg

#9365 3 years ago

Same universe as wanting a Howard the Duck pin... denied!!

#9370 3 years ago

So what would make Stern some big money if a brand new game was to come out next year? That's what will drive this, certainly not all the cool and not so cool ideas we've been posting here.

And it should be a game they (Stern) has been working on, say, for the last year and a half or so (since mid 2019). Design, coding, production lines, contracts, etc. These things need to be planned..

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Here’s your new pin !!! Definitely will be one of the next 2 .
[quoted image][quoted image]

It gets my vote! Makes sense, 2017 was a record year for Wonder Woman when the movie came out. They would have thought about it from that moment on, which brings us to now (delays due to pandemic).

#9377 3 years ago

Wonder Woman PRO and LE
Then Wonder Woman 84 Premium

LE would have electroluminescent whip along the ramps..

#9393 3 years ago

Yeah, you're right.. whisful thinking! Lol

#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He is a worthless tool with no scruples and only cares about being first. He hopes the information is true and has no concern for releasing confidential information. He is simply used by leakers, so lets not confuse him with someone who we should care what they say. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. There is no magic in his "predicting". Every distributor in the country and their close confidants know the next 2-3 games with certainty at any given time. They at least have the integrity not to leak the information and know that telling that ass clown is the same as leaking.

Lol, don't mince words, what do you REALLY think about the guy? Lol

#9398 3 years ago

Can we have a top ten Stern potential games and do a poll? Any admin can make this happen?

#9404 3 years ago

They'll probably annonce.. their upcoming announcement..

#9438 3 years ago

9000+ posts on what the next Stern will be... Stern sure got us by the (pin)balls!!

#9448 3 years ago

At this point, hoping on Friday for either: Jaws, Wonder Woman or Tron VE

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not sure how I feel about wonder women.

How do you feel about Gal Gadot on the side art?

#9456 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Same...that Wonder Woman flick SUCKED.

You've just made her ANGRY!!!

tenor-4.giftenor-4.gif
#9465 3 years ago

So, what is the new pin that will be announced on Friday? I don't mind if the answer comes either from Kaneda (dunno him) or BallPin (dunno him either). I'm sure, both passionate guys simply jonesing around, like we all do!

#9467 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If true it will be typical Stern fashion. Post a teaser video on Friday with just a glimpse of art but not actually revealing what game it is. Then around Tuesday next week they will make an official announcement with some camera moving around that doesn't show the whole game or whole playfield. And probably post a couple grainy pictures on their facebook site.
Then some people will jump for joy and others beach and grown. Then a few people will try to count coils and a few others will say how good or bad it is without even seeing it yet. And after that we start guessing the next game.

Sounds about right, amazing, right? Eating right out of Stern's hand, but it's fun stuff just the same..!

#9474 3 years ago

Stolen from 20th Century Fox! (sorry, too easy!)

#9494 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Next Stern pin is "Pinside: Home Edition" with:
-LTG Dear Lloyd multiball
-moderator drop targets
-Paypal mystery award
-Kaneda bash toy
-Vid Phantasm wizard mode
And, of course, playfield will come with lots of pooling, chipping, planking, and dimpling. Did I mention it will also launch with unfinished code?

I'm liking that one! Sign me up! I've been looking for an overly priced troubled NIB so that I can buy this thing and resell it the next day with huge profit because I will have added a few lighted up toys an some Mikonos apron art!!

#9551 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Worst $4,000 they ever spent.

Such a trendy, useless website...

Screenshot_20200827-235512_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200827-235512_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#9554 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

So Friday Stern says THIS IS BIG. Our southern annex company will be rolling out 4 new titles before Xmas. Stay tuned.

4 new titles? They can barely keep up with meeting with current quotas, they are quite late and behind their delivery schedule.. however, I could see they'd want to take advantage of the current situation.. lots of people either jonesing around or with too much pinball money..

#9556 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

that was aPM dude. delete that

Lol

#9568 3 years ago

Soo.. where are we at on that Stern announcement?

#9586 3 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Doubt it’s a vault since the original didn’t sell that well. Probably some comic/cartoon marvel universe sort of deal.

Looks like it, a bit like that Star Wars comic art..

#9598 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Aren't both a fraud. I'd rather be known as the guy that won't give anymore inside information because you all treated me like shit!

Don't generalize.. myself, I'm just here to get more info on what's coming.. I don't know you nor that Kaneda guy. The only person that irritates the shit out of me in hobby is Mikonos - I hate spammers!

#9601 3 years ago

I'm with you on that.. much a do about nothing!

#9603 3 years ago

Came here for some fireworks.. was called off on the account of rain..

#9657 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Hah, pass on having anything Marvel in my house. Not into the American military complex propaganda.

Just a game, man! Just a game!

#9665 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphcousman:

Ill be sure to use my sarcasm sign next time.
Pfft.

Sarcasm. It's a lost art..

#9677 3 years ago

Has Stern ever announced something else, say the week after today's announcement? Like another brand new game?

This Avengers title seems to have been on their radar for a while, probably pushed back because of covid.. so, a bit disappointed considering how the hobby has picked up steam in recent months..

Just saying we may get more shortly..

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I got on my distributors “ interested “ list.
Stranger things seems to be standing in the spot the new Avengers pin needs to go in!
Unless I move a Pinball into my video game room , Phase II begins

You don't really need a fireplace, do you...lol

#9728 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Chadwick Boseman, the actor who played Black Panther, died of colon cancer today. Truly sad, he was just 43.

My god, didn't know. He turned in such a great performance in that movie - he's Black Panther 4 ever.

#9743 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

August 2020 pinball community in shock over theme decision...
December Avengers is the best game of all time...
January 2021 pinball community in shock over theme decision...
March James Bond is the best game of all time...
April 2021 pinball community in shock over theme decision...

Well, now we'll dream of a new James Bond!!

#9758 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I like it....who would you pick if you had all the villains?

That was so simple it's brilliant!! Really! Bring in all different shades of villains to the world of pins! Stern's Dark Series..

Bond villains, Star Wars baddies, Mandarin, Ultron, Loki.. you can do a Tron Clu - Earth Invasion Edition

#9760 3 years ago

Star Wars Sith Lords..

Star Trek Klingon Empire (all characters and wording in proper Klingon and sounds)

#9761 3 years ago

And, in case we need to repeat it louder so that Stern's execs are listening, Jaws.. that's a baddie all right..

#9768 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Themes have run out. We’re in the pinball reboot age.
POTC
GNR
SW
Elvira
BK
JP
TMNT
...and now Avengers.
In this case, it’s fine. 2012 Avengers pin isn’t well liked, 8 years might as well be 80...the new crop of pin players like the theme & would want a good game using it.

We like our Hulk LE..

#9784 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fantastic. I had some fun with my Avengers Blue LE when I had it, but it is a highly flawed game that needs sooooo much tweaking to play decently. It’s just a fact that it’s not highly regarded.

Underrated game since the beginning. Eventually Stern came back with updated code. Ours is tweaked the way it should, tesseract and a few other extra mods. My gf's favorite game. I just said we liked it to indicate it's totally enjoyable now. Can't say that the new Avengers announcement has me running to make some room for the upcoming pin, nor get rid of Hulk. 9700 posts on the next Stern game, you'd see that many posts about what people would really want to play..

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A quick google search will reveal that 40.7 million people streamed the show on the debut weekend of the latest season. So, it’s pretty f’n popular and it’s very obviously not a children’s show.
[quoted image]

Snap!

#9849 3 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong, and let's call it a day!

#9863 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was made for 12-16yr olds for the light horror fun adventuring and 38+ year-olds with the nostalgia. Maybe you fall in the 16-38 year old gap.

Yes, quite a lot of references to the 80's, music, etc. We binged watch this, never took it seriously so it was good. Definitely something the younger teens discovered, the theme music was actually pretty good (look up Upside Down).

#9897 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thank you guys, made my morning.
I have an aching in my heart for this pin.

Seems to be a communication breakdown between what fans want, and what Stern has to offer..

#9899 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No blurry pics yet?

There you go bud!

yzn0w3yitt9z (resized).jpgyzn0w3yitt9z (resized).jpg
#9907 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It is insane the amount of western stuff China is consuming. however if you notice that US movie makers etc are playing to the Chinese market, subtly
Avengers Infinity war box office gross
China $629,100,000
world wide $2,797,800,564
Domestic $858,373,000
Ah my bad, at this point in time, domestic is still ahead of China. I thought some time ago that China was the biggest.

Depends.. how much are movie tickets in China? Does that box office gross include publicity revenues? How about derived products? And how much are those numbers to be trusted.. China may not be that far off from matching domestic..

#9908 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

... Enhance ... Enhance ... Enhance[quoted image]

Hahaha!!

#9917 3 years ago
e7b38d25906945.554777f5edde5 (resized).jpge7b38d25906945.554777f5edde5 (resized).jpg
#9977 3 years ago

Crazy good premium video! Those balls sure travel! Subway.. inverse gravity.. Dr. Strange.. that rotating pizza with a post!

What else to get, but the Premium?

#9984 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ive already left a message for my distributor. Ive never preordered a game but im going to try to get a premium. Time to sell some of my games

I'm with you on that, time to get my first NIB Premium! Hope they'll make a few!!

#10052 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone else see an 11% increase from their distributor?
I didn’t see that coming. That’s it for me new games are to hard to get a return on. Looks like it’s time to pick up more used games from the 90s.

That's what is actually happening. However, even those games are now way too popular and have increased in value. Top games were already pretty expensive.. the hobby is surfing that wave right now..

#10055 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I respectfully disagree still a lot of good games in the 3-4 range that earn on route.

I should have said 'in the canadian market', so you are right about the us market.

#10075 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus, Wow much monies and boredom could 1 person have?

I laughed out loud when I read your comment, don't think even Jesus would swap cabinets, lol

#10093 3 years ago

Back to the topic, a reboot of car racing theme? (Indy 500, F1, Grand Prix..). Hotwheels wouldn't feel alone..

#10109 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

wait until you see the new film guys _____BOOOOOM________

Where?

1 week later
#10187 3 years ago

I'd like to see a David Bowie - Major Tom, but that's just me!

We sure read a lot of posts about Led Zeppelin and Queen!! But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

#10202 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sterns already used this tease. They need to step up or shut up. No more Jaws ‘teasing’.

Maybe they are not teasing and will die Zombie Shark – The Swimming Dead..

#10203 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's a great idea if you have $20k lying around to buy one. Licensing ain't cheap. And good luck getting approval from all the bands. Who gets top billing?

Sorry, but Queen gets top billing with the LE!

#10210 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Maybe just to mess with us, and because they can its a new star wars
The mandalorian

You're from where? I'd go for a Bermuda Triangle PRO.. balls dissapear and you never see them again!

1 week later
#10330 3 years ago

Nobody's thinking about Black Panther? Or the next Indiana Jones?

#10353 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

3. The Mandalorian

Yeah on that one!

#10355 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

5. Planet of the Apes ... based on the classic, preferably

There's enough material for a few versions, but, yeah, the original one!

#10356 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern themes have to sell thousands worldwide. Modestly successful American TV show canceled seven years ago? Good luck with that. I dunno if Futurama will ascend to "nostalgia" status.
That said, Futurama is in the top 10% of viability in this batshit crazy thread.

How about you, what's in your list if you could get anything made? Batshit crazy for sure, but not a lot of people would have said Avengers, so..

#10368 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

The muppet show
80s transformers
Knightbrider
A team
He man

Knightbrider? Is that a different version with a guy running around in a Trans-Am, marrying people?? Lol

1 week later
#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So how did it feel when you played GNR? Good feel? Awesome layout?

It's a lost art, lol!

#10450 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who gives a shit as long as an LE winds up in my basement? I'm the king of buying games most people seem to dislike. Problem is (for others, at least) they're all great games.

Ain't nothing wrong with having GOT and TRON in your collection - my next pin will probably be Stranger Things, another game you have!

#10480 3 years ago

If would like Jaws to be done just to make frankmac happy! Dunno the guy, but Stern wouldn't care less about this post anyway, so may as well make one pinballer happy!

Having said that, I sure wouldn't say no to a Jaws myself..!

#10538 3 years ago

Because we are in dreamland here, I would go for an Escape from New York. There's something about Snake Plissken running around with his eye patch, not giving a damn..!

#10571 3 years ago

I was on that same bandwagon a short while back, decided it was not going to happen anytime soon (if ever), so I got myself a nice Tron PRO instead!!

1 week later
#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Help me understand why everyone wants Jaws. Please.

I wouldn't say it's my top pick, but since this forum is an open discussion about the Next Stern Pin, why not? Jaws was once really popular, lead to a bunch of sequels (including the funny Sharknados) and everybody instantly recognizes the original music..but I'll let the real Charlemagne1987 reply! Lol

#10765 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

...a weird candymaker and his chocolate factory or a monster sitcom from the sixties that few people remember or a bunch of little collectible toy cars or...or...I think you get my point

Lol, funny and so true!

#10786 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I will go another shameless plug for Megadeth, HaHA , C'mon Stern you can kill it !

Setlist for the hardest metal pin with technical excellence, lyrics and riffs to rival GnR
in no particular order, oh man juke box a must as well !
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/megadeth-in-20-songs/
Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace
Bonus, Wizard, ? No more mr nice guy
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Megadeth/Dystopia/536834/
The modes could be so wild !
Vic here
https://weebucket.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/megadeth-the-conception-of-vic-rattlehead/

I upvoted this simply for your enthusiasm! Lol

#10787 3 years ago

Oh well, I don't see fresh news about the next Stern pin..

The next Stern pin will probably be something nobody expected, some Pinsiders will say that they had predicted it, some will be disappointed but mostly, tons will line up to buy one!

#10798 3 years ago

So sad the passing of Sean Connery.. James Bond would make such a great pinball. Thank you Sean Connery, one last Martini shaken and not stirred!

d4jpqxv-e09d66b0-d69c-4459-b18e-269b2e8abd76 (resized).jpgd4jpqxv-e09d66b0-d69c-4459-b18e-269b2e8abd76 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#11013 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:Whoa whoa whoa. Lets not get crazy with the hyperbole. DE BTTF is such a let down for.fans of BTTF and pinball. Only thing it did right was get the rights to the songs.

He simply said the existing BTTF was 'adequate', nothing more...

#11015 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No offense taken

Lol, I imagined that reply in Darth Vader's voice..!

#11016 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry if it wasn’t clear it was meant as a light hearted joke, no offence intended, I hate having to put the sarcasm emoji at the end of anything remotely poking the fun at stuff, but I guess I that’s why it’s there

..also upvoted because of your cool avatar!! Man, don't I love my Tron Pro!

#11065 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Trying to find excitement for next Stern, but damn.
My list of themes I would like doesn’t jive with what’s coming out lately.
Wait and see if pf issues improve also.

Jaws, Queen.. what's your pleasure? (.. that quote from Hellraiser, which wouldn't be half that bad for a theme..)

#11070 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

So no clash of the titans coming next?

That would actually be a cool theme..

#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If someone could superimpose Garys' head on PinHead....

#EpicScene

#11223 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Who's buying these? I don't understand the target market, but I imagine Stern marketing has done their homework.
If you've got enough disposable income to drop $4500 on a home toy for the family rec room, why not drop a few extra g's and get the real deal?

Correct, Stern is not doing this without a marketing plan. It's a 'semi' pin, actually looks quite good. Easier to mass produce, to ship, transport.. I never thought Arcade 1Up would grow (yet another pricey toy for what you get), but looking at people giving it a shot at Costco the other day, seems to be doing just fine..

I don't care about any of those 'toys', but if it brings more people to the hobby, I'm for it!

#11225 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At a retail price of $4.5k, I feel obliged to tell any potential buyer/noob that it is foolish to buy the Pin and for $5k they could buy around 80% of the top 100 titles. Furthermore, if they were dead set on SW, explain there are real options. The only way the pin makes sense to buy is if sold for $2k nib and less in HUO market.

Those buyers/noobs are probably grandmas doing their Xmas shopping! Lol, so they won't see your solid advice, unfortunately!

#11259 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Pinside sets itself on fire every time they aren’t the target market for a release. It’s getting exhausting. I’m an operator with a decent collection... ...Are we just going to keep having the same conversation every six months?

Unfortunately, yes. That's how they keep us at it..!

#11266 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

As in well after business hours in Chicago i.e. after 7pm? Sounds a bit odd to me. Guess we'll find out soon enough....

Unless it's LOTR, which would be the only thing that could remotely make sense for an exclusive New-Zeland announcement..

#11293 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Just for fun...
(Edit: Video has been removed due to peaceful request from Stern)

What did I miss?

#11307 3 years ago

Lol, interesting how people turn hints into whatever they want (need) to hear..!

We should probably take a pool on
a) LZ
b) Queen
c) BTTF
d) some superhero game
e) none of the above

#11365 3 years ago

I'll go out on a limb here, but how about a game we've never seen or even expected? That would be something..!

#11378 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

How do people not grasp the concept of code names? Also Goonies license is with deeproot so hope those guys pull out a miracle and make one.

.. indeed, a Christmas miracle would be required for Deeproot, and then some!!

#11384 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Who expected Avengers? 2 'new' ramps no one's seen before. Not good enough?

Quoted from transprtr4u:

It's Pinside ... nothing's ever good enough

I think people understood I meant something else than another superhero, 'Marvel' game - or a theme that hasn't been discussed as much! Having said that, AIQ does look fantastic.

#11410 3 years ago

That ship as long sailed, but if they ever make one I'd be in - would be perfect next to my Tron Pro!

#11430 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Try to find the behind the movie show , it's fantastic. Crazy cool info..I think it was the 25th anniversary.
1) The almost wanted to fire Spielberg .
2) Way over budget
3) location shooting was a nightmare
on and on you will like it if you are a Jaws Fan.
The part with the young intern that breaks open the a particular scene will shock you. Cant give it away.
Enjoy.

..and the epic issues they had with that animated shark, including when it sank..lol

#11431 3 years ago

Funny, looking at your avatar, that doesn't sound bloody well right..!

1 year later
#26317 2 years ago

Having been here for a while, any clear frontrunners yet? Seeing a lot of Jaws, BTTF and Venom..

I've recently read articles about Disney trying to revamp their IJ theme park attraction. With the upcoming IJ 5 in June 2023, It's just tempting to go with that title. Jaws is also a given and would probably be a popular game, imo. My Dune choice is simple: I'm a big fan! And Villeneuve's take on it was superb!

Games I would actually think of buying, ranked:

Dune
Indiana Jones
Jaws

#26336 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I wish Stern would have made Weird Al

Actually, Stern would do well in buying Multimorphic out - lock, stock and patents! They've shown the best innovation out there and seem mature enough, imo. And Stern would get some instant R&D benefits from this.

#26344 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There you have it: frankmac says Stern's next game will be an unlicensed pitch-and-bat named Home Run Derby.

I actually laughed out loud!

#26374 2 years ago

Don’t know if these have been posted yet. Stuff is moving down the line at Stern but what’s coming soon? What do these pics tell us?

I feel the need to bring this one back..

MV5BMjA0MTIxMDEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk3ODIxMjE@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjA0MTIxMDEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk3ODIxMjE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
#26380 2 years ago

OP, I feel the need for a Topic Poll at this point!!

August is almost here, in fact it's probably already too late for anyone to have their name put at the top of the distros infamous lists, lol

How about: What would be the Next~Stern~Pin you would actually consider buying?

Poll should at least include Jaws, BTTF, an open choice for "Some Marvel character", Indiana Jones, an open choice for "Some Rock band", etc. Needs the typical "None of the above". Top Gun anyone?

P.s. Lawrence Welk, Foo Fighters and Air Supply should count in some "Others" category, lol, thou probably in the #WillNeverHappenButNiceTry section. Hey, to each is own, right?

#26383 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Danger is working on Foo Fighters as we speak.

Have I missed some announcement, or is it in the same realm of me wanting an Indiana Jones cornerstone? Or maybe you're thinking of Foo Fighters as a home pin at one point? Just enquiring..

#26387 2 years ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Minions or monsters Inc would definately help me make some location money for more pins. Back to the future would too. Help me help you!

Yeah, gotta admit some operators must not always find what they are looking for in recent titles. Something to consider for Stern, now that the (public) gaming industry is making a return. Or is Stern paying attention to that aspect anymore?

The lower quality built must also be a factor, right? Those newest games brought in lots of bells and whistles, but how do they hold up compared with earlier games..

#26397 2 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Fast & the Furious
Evil Dead/Army of Darkness
Goonies
Jumanji
Die Hard
Dune

Some nice picks in there!

#26404 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wait….so no Venom from Stern or is it another Disney/Star War/Marvel tittle like Andor or What if…?

Yeah, Venom sure could be an option.. I think we probably won't see another Star Wars title for a while.

#26423 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Better bands, less marvel. That is my wish.

What if no band, no Marvel, no movie. And you only get one pick, what would it be?

#26425 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

people are not yet tired of comics super heros pins? :/
Specially non charismatic ones like the fantastic 4....
There is way better stuff than Marvel and DC, etc...

No more Marvel or DC you say?
révolution-française-french-revolution.gifrévolution-française-french-revolution.gif

#26436 2 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Family friendly, tons of callouts, and possible lots of fun modes/toys: the Muppet Show

a43b6e75-4869-4239-9cfc-593c217caffb.gifa43b6e75-4869-4239-9cfc-593c217caffb.gif
I did love the grumpy guys..!

#26439 2 years ago

Just remember feeling uneasy when I first watched it..! Lol

#26442 2 years ago

I don't need no downvotes, lol, but how about.. a Baba Yaga? There's lots of material and some great music to exploit by now in the John Wick saga..
John-Wick (resized).jpgJohn-Wick (resized).jpg

#26446 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

A JAWS would be the only thing to maybe make me think about getting rid of my Iron Maiden.

high-praise.gifhigh-praise.gif
#26476 2 years ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Lol at a “Nick at nite” collection.

Welk Comic Art.. (and, no, that's not a game I would want myself!)

d95d95b5e540ce8437c1c224b56c3c8d--lawrence-welk-s (resized).jpgd95d95b5e540ce8437c1c224b56c3c8d--lawrence-welk-s (resized).jpg
#26479 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Where’s BOND!?

If it were the case, hopefully would be some sort of James Bond Collection pin..

James-Bond-Netflix (resized).jpgJames-Bond-Netflix (resized).jpg
#26516 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Really like Mando, beautiful art IMO - Not sure what your alternative would be?

HD-wallpaper-mando-and-baby-yoda-art-baby-yoda-crayon-art-drawing-drawings-mandalorian-star-wars-star-wars-art-the-mandalorian-yHD-wallpaper-mando-and-baby-yoda-art-baby-yoda-crayon-art-drawing-drawings-mandalorian-star-wars-star-wars-art-the-mandalorian-y
#26523 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

American Revolution (may not sell well in UK)
Johnny Reb (may not sell well in PA)
World War II (may not sell well in Germany)
hmm...nevermind.

War of 1812 if off the list then! Lol

#26526 1 year ago

OP, are you keeping names of next August Stern pins that seem to be the most popular one thus far? Maybe a list we could go back to in some key post..

1 week later
#26581 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I thought venom was going to be the next cornerstone, is that still the word on the pinball streets?

I thought the same about Venom..either that, or Jaws is an obvious choice!

#26638 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would love it if Stern made a series of niche pins .
Instead of paying a lot for a popular licence use some cult themes on existing Playfield layouts .
They would just have to make an art package and could use generic callouts .
They would be for the home collector market and don't be afraid to show some boobs and violence
I would bet they could sell at least 200 - 500 of each title .
These are all available to watch for free on tubi .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's Spooky's territory!

1 week later
#26830 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Exactly. Disney has always been that way. All the merchandise is out there to cross promote their other products and services. They see every Marvel and Star Wars pin as an advertisement for their movies, toys, music, and subscription service. This growth map from 60 years ago shows how they have been thinking this way for a long time. Notice how their merchandise licensing is viewed as a way to promote the parks and their films.
[quoted image]

If this is how Disney keeps adding stuff to its empire, then 'Percy Jackson and The Olympians' is supposed to be the next big thing for Disney+, sometimes in 2023.. Stern could go for such a big surprise in August.

#26887 1 year ago

Trying a different perspective here. Sorry for the long post, you can go to the next one, np!

Seth A. Davis, joined Stern as new President on October 2021. Before joining Stern, he was at Disney+, ESPN+ and Disney Games and Consumer Products. Since he joined last Quarter 2021, I don't think he would have had any impact until Rush (2022), but even that one would have been in the plans for a while:

- The Mandalorian (2021) (Eddy)
- Godzilla (2021) (Elwin)
- Jurassic Park Pin (2021) (home use)
- Rush (2022) (Borg)

So, Stern's President should be fully involved in the next pinball, imo.

Says on Stern's page he's a life-long gamer (PC and console by the looks of it), he's about 44 now and a family man. After 6-7 months at Stern, he's 'ripe' to officially get his first cornerstone produced and he's probably looking for something mainstream or some easy success to have a great start.

Again: former Disney/ESPN, family man, aged 44, lifelong gamer. Probably quite used in negotiating licensing agreements, obviously still has his entries with Disney.

So, realistically, what themes or ideas would have piqued the interest of such a guy when he sat in those boardroom meetings?

#26889 1 year ago

Tron 3 Was postponed. However, Tron theme park in Disneyland will probably open in 2023, so there's that. But can't see Stern doing any Tron on the near future - too many other great themes to do, imho!

#26894 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Tron is perfect for pinball.
Just waiting for Saltimbanco to sell me his

Don't know.. kind of part of my decor! Some people would say I'm obsessed..!

20201020_211904.jpg20201020_211904.jpgResized_20210926_133540001.jpegResized_20210926_133540001.jpeg
#26902 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

And here I am a big Disney fan whose looking forward to the ride, and the game just doesn’t do it for me, and certainly not at 10-20k

You need a Stern Mickey Hero pinball!

Mickey-Mouse-17-Cover-A (resized).jpgMickey-Mouse-17-Cover-A (resized).jpg
#26951 1 year ago

Daft Punk won the Grammys' Album of the Year in 2012 for Random Access Memories.
Got nominated for an Oscar with Tron's soundtrack.

Pretty sure you've heard “Get Lucky” with Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, or “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”

645M views on YouTube for “Get Lucky”

They were good enough for the Super Bowl Halftime 2021 Show - The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk

Just saying! Sorry for the slight derail folks, back to the Next Stern topic!

#26990 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

https://music.ishkur.com/
take a tumble down the rabbit hole

So, you're saying you'd like an Alice in Wonderland pin?
241-2412812_the-cheshire-cat-alice-no-pais-das-maravilhas (resized).jpg241-2412812_the-cheshire-cat-alice-no-pais-das-maravilhas (resized).jpg

#26998 1 year ago
Quoted from atum:

I will take offense to that on every level possible. But still give you an up vote for creativity and freedom of speech!

Sorry, but I was downvoted for making a joke up a few posts about Alice in Wonderland.. I guess opinions don't include having a sense of humor!

#26999 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hairy Plopper is some certified incel geek s#it. The fans are like furry adjacent cringe wizards. Just my personal opinion that everyone asked for.

There's always the unpopular opinion thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread#post-6640187

This is Pinside, there's a thread for everything! Probably even a thread about.. threads (thou, I've yet to see that one!)

#27078 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

It’s just pinball. This too shall pass. It’s not life

BLASPHEMY!!

1 week later
#27219 1 year ago

Lol, it's become a @PinMonk, mpdpvdpin love story!

To get back on topic (and because I don't want to go through pages of your posts/loveletters, lol), I'd be interested to know what cornerstone you (@PinMonk, @mpdpvdpin) think Stern will release in August. Your final list, 3 guesses!

#27224 1 year ago

@mpdpvdpin, oh man, Bond and Jaws are such great titles! I'd say I would be 100% behind both.

@PinMonk, I'm not too much into Harry Potter, but I get that it would be an instant success. Jaws, yes, I kinda love what was done with that home-brew, a Jaws pin with all the bells and whistles would be superb! Bond: of course! Lazenby was on par with the best James Bond flicks produced. Goldfinger being the best, IMO!

P.S. PinMonk, you sure make nice mods! Just saying, people should look you up if they don't know. Nothing better than something that actually works with CLEAR instructions!

#27259 1 year ago

Would actually go for a Chuck Norris pin right now.. may change my mind in the morning!

img_0351.pngimg_0351.png
2 weeks later
#27563 1 year ago

Bruce Lee With Nunchuks Lightsabers - The Pin

bruce-lee-jedi.jpgbruce-lee-jedi.jpg

#27567 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Rumors of Venom seemed to have evaporated. What if Venom actually turns out to be a code name for Jaws? That would be epic. Haha

Lol, they could mix both Venom and Jaws! not saying I'm looking for another Spidey, however!!

EJa8vLRXUAc4vWS (resized).jpegEJa8vLRXUAc4vWS (resized).jpeg

#27572 1 year ago

I wish Stern would totally surprise us with something out of left field. It's not going to happen but I'm just saying.

#27624 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Trying to sell some Mandos. They're multiplying at distributors like tribbles.

We've loved our Mando since day one - so, don't understand that one. To each his own, I guess!

#27690 1 year ago

Stern should send JJP a 'thank you' card..! JJP missed a huge opportuny into proving they can handle big licenses.

Now, Stern just needs to stick to their marketing plan and deliver either Venom, BTTF, Bond or Jaws. I'm with team Bond/Jaws, but those other titles do sound good as well!

#27714 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I un-ironically would LOVE to make a Barbie pin, Ha!
Dreamhouse, water slide, corvette, hospital/vet area!

Like, DeadFlip next game room..lol
MTS_Deedee-45659-nemo_barbie.jpgMTS_Deedee-45659-nemo_barbie.jpg

#27715 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Now imagine making a pin where you couldn’t use any of those assets for a world under glass and you insert barbie cake toppers instead...

It's called TS4..

#27716 1 year ago

You really want to play Ken's multiball? Lol

#27727 1 year ago

Escape From New York - Snake Plissken Edition

snake-plissken_escape-from-new-york_silo_lg (resized).pngsnake-plissken_escape-from-new-york_silo_lg (resized).png

#27785 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Is this the place to wishcast and dream? Ok, I’m in. Please, please make a Dune pin.

I'm in for a Dune! The only game I would accept owning with brass rails, wooden accents, etc. The whole steampunk thing!

#27850 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I'd bet by October, NIB is reselling for above MSRP and "used" is MSRP.

Flippers be like..

laughing-star-wars.giflaughing-star-wars.gif
#27873 1 year ago

Let's steer this thread right back to the next Stern!!

True Lies home pin..! Should also please the Bond fans out there. Unfortunately, can't do a thing about Rush haters, lol

1035d08c2e6b3ee0e00779d2fa16c977 (resized).jpg1035d08c2e6b3ee0e00779d2fa16c977 (resized).jpg

#27906 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I've just heard that true lies is the next cornerstone stern title for 2023 and guess what, it comes packaged with an "official" blu-ray disc

ezgif-3-b025737ef7.gifezgif-3-b025737ef7.gif

#27913 1 year ago

Lol she might be a gramma now but, respectfully, she Was pretty decent milf then…
I approve the activia sponsorship

More than decent!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ibtl-mods-please-lock-this-up/page/98#post-6996422

A bit like Jamie Lee Curtis, True Lies would make for a fun, action packed and darn sexy pin!

My short list for the next Stern is now Bond, Jaws, Escape from New York and True Lies!

#27927 1 year ago

Since we’ve guessed BTTF … I wonder what a good code name is that Stern might use?

Getting a bit ahead of yourself, lol. Nobody's guessed a thing here. But +1 on your effort to hijack this thread!

#27928 1 year ago

Thanks Mattyk for your downvote on me giving my opinion on a forum where we're just free talking about what the next Stern could be.. didn't know we ALL had to only talk about BTTF..

2 weeks later
#28397 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

But I'm 99.9% sure it's going to be Jaws next anyways

#28411 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

With new episodes being made , you never know .
[quoted image]

That's some cool looking art! Would look great in any game room

#28462 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Say whatever you want....I don't want a kids theme. I want godfather, Jaws, BTTF, goonies, matrix, Jaws, etc.
That's what I'm paying money for.

That's a double Jaws right there

#28489 1 year ago

In French it was True Lies : le caméléon
I speak French myself, it's not even tolerable..lol
But would go for a pinball!

#28516 1 year ago

Do you guys throw DC in the same Marvel bin? The Rock is such a successful name.. I could also see Jumanji making for a fun game as well. Not this year of course, but some future title..

7doockuaaf391 (resized).jpg7doockuaaf391 (resized).jpg
#28598 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Ozzy is so rich it is insane. If he is there is is almost certainly for the fans.

Ozzy and Sharon are estimated to be worth $220 million each, making for a combined net worth of $440 million. So, big yes for being there for the fans indeed! Probably likes this as well, fun stuff for him!

#28637 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

The original post was by Rebellion Republic, Stern's booth-sharer.

d1a490c31bd8999f93a26b731cd01aca23ea4de0 (resized).pngd1a490c31bd8999f93a26b731cd01aca23ea4de0 (resized).png
#28811 1 year ago

From 'I am Ozzy':

"..When we did the CalJam Festival at the Ontario Motor Speedway in 1974, for example, there was all kinds of bollocks going on backstage with the other bands. Things like, ‘Well, if he’s got a pinball machine, then I want a pinball machine,’ or ‘If he’s got a quadraphonic sound system, then I want a quadraphonic sound system.’.."

So, I'm guessing getting a pinball to his own name would actually mean something to Ozzy!

#28866 1 year ago

Both men are gleaming! Good show!

#28891 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

For clarification and informational purposes I provide the following from https://www.comic-con.org/cci/covid-19-faq
“Everyone attending Comic-Con will be required to wear an approved face covering regardless of vaccination status.”
Also from the con’s FAQs
“Will you remove guests who do not comply with the face mask policy?”
“Yes. This policy is in place to ensure the health and safety of all fans. Security will be on-site to support adherence to the policy.”

Gary has full mask on (closer inspection, it has the Stern and Ozzy logos), she has a mask in her hands. Looks like people all around wear masks. She probably took of the mask for the interview/photo op or while speaking when addressing the camera. She's a big name and people have to recognize her during those moments. But it sure looks that otherwise, health and safety measures are being applied.

#28900 1 year ago

My list has evolved, games I would actually consider, not in order! And I'm not saying 'take my money' or any of that stuff. Just that I would definitely have to think about it!

Probably one of those:
Venom
BTTF
Jaws

You never know:
James Bond
True Lies
Indiana Jones
John Wick

As said before, 39 days til August 31st. More than enough time to keep this thread going, lol

#28911 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont know wtf you guys are talking about , but I'm an old dude , dad rocker

Hey, just for you - this should do it!
Would be a darker game, black backglass, etc.. there's already a Keith Emerson figurine out there as a topper!
c4acb8f5-8cea-5e56-8dfc-70ee767fa98c_1200x (resized).jpgc4acb8f5-8cea-5e56-8dfc-70ee767fa98c_1200x (resized).jpgcover_5726101112008 (resized).jpgcover_5726101112008 (resized).jpg

#29182 1 year ago

It is an amusement machine that is meant to be played by drunk-ish greasy finger munching chips/chicken wings people in a bar.

Hey! I resent that comment! Lol Just because we played together and you saw me munching on chicken wings doesn't mean I was drunk-ish! Thou, admittedly, those wings were mighty tasty!

#29188 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Chicken wings and pinball sounds good but not near my machines,lol

It's all good, the food at this location must stay on the other side. Beer can come through, thou!

#29190 1 year ago

Back to topic, my short list hasn't moved! I haven't seen anything for a while that got me hyped! Come on people!

Probably one of those:
Venom
BTTF
Jaws

You never know:
James Bond
True Lies
Indiana Jones
John Wick

#29361 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But then again, it's all about the code. The Shadow is a weak movie, but a fantastic pin.

The Shadow is one one my girlfriend's favorite movies, so yeah, lol, there's no accounting for taste! Then again, she also watches a lot of those Hallmark movies, so maybe not the best example! But Shadow the pinball is a solid, fun game! We really enjoy it!

#29368 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So you have inside information that the next game is aHallmark Movie??? Which one? Chance Romance? Girl in the Elevatar? Love Always, Santa? So much potential!!!
https://m.imdb.com/list/ls069761801/

Actually, I've just had to go through Hallmark's Christmas in July (yes, there is such a thing!), so.. yeah..!

#29379 1 year ago

Hoping for a moving Welk..!

#29410 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Trim colors: Side Armorer, lock down bar and legs.
Bond: Depends on art package but could look classy with all mirror chrome.

Really like that mirror chrome suggestion!

#29476 1 year ago
Quoted from CanadianPapaBear:

I noticed Sterns Twitter/Facebook post, from about 30 minutes ago, showing Godzilla on the line has Ozzy's Crazy Train playing in the video.
They sure like to do this stuff on purpose it seems
https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1555604259294658560?s=20&t=eNyHfQgOVw4mrzr8Dwz3pg

Let's pause for a moment and reflect on just how beautiful a pinball line is..! Ok, back to the craziness!

#29494 1 year ago

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.. that squid looks like Venom, there's a shark, the Nautilus looks like something out of BTTF and Nemo looks like an older Sean Connery. Add some Ozzy music to the mix, and you're there!

45-1-800x445.jpg45-1-800x445.jpg
#29533 1 year ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I dont remember the last time i paid for a movie. All my money goes on pinball.

You need to see movies about pinball, problem solved!

Here's a short film that could be of interest!

#29670 1 year ago

Imagine if bttf is true! What would you post about in here then? End of an era… Lol

Then there's always this:
tumblr_mt4himQr7d1re0c97o1_400.giftumblr_mt4himQr7d1re0c97o1_400.gif

#29734 1 year ago

I still wouldn't be surprised if Stern comes up with some left field pin such as Aquaman, Black Widow or a remake Avatar or Indiana Jones (the new movies are coming up after all)!

I don't have anything to say about those titles, they could actually be great. Just saying Stern sure has a knack to keep us guessing!

#29967 1 year ago

Anyone?

MV5BNzA2ZDk2ZTUtMWU2Yi00NDVmLTk1ODEtMmFmMjQyNWYzODI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpgMV5BNzA2ZDk2ZTUtMWU2Yi00NDVmLTk1ODEtMmFmMjQyNWYzODI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg
#29973 1 year ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Even tho I know this will make no difference. Yes

4-letters word that says anything can happen: R U S H

#29982 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Get a room guys, the sexual tension is at a fever pitch.

PinMonk must have a fan to cool them off!

#30005 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

30000 posts
Subways obviously for Big Trouble In Little China
[quoted image]

Wonder if there's a Pinside achievement on posting that 30k?

#30006 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

You'll never go in that bathtub again!

#30016 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Don’t mind me. Just posting a screenshot from the Star Wars making of, 3 minutes in, of the underside of the original run of the game without service rails for no reason.
[quoted image]

Lol, either DeadFlip is being censored OR having trouble posting a pic!

#30018 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

LOL. It was there for few minutes. Looked like SW to me.

Then, there's that Golden Girls prototype he mentioned.. gimme some of that "BETTY WHITE MULTIBALL!!!"

#30240 1 year ago

Playing along.. but what's that T-shirt about? Or maybe I missed the info on a previous post..

Screenshot_20220818-230648_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220818-230648_Chrome.jpg

#30247 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s a Chicago Bears T. I buy one every year with the same results although somethings in the air finally

" In an alternate timeline, Biff Tannen received a sports almanac detailing fifty years of sports statistics from his older self. Since he was underage, he couldn't bet. So, on November 13, 1955, he gave money to his grandmother to bet on the Chicago Bears. She didn't bet on the Bears, and they won against the Los Angeles Rams, making Biff twenty dollars poorer. "

Source: Back to the Future Part II novelization

#30251 1 year ago

Reading the usual amount of BTTF posts, bit less Jaws. Venom ran out of 'posting' steam a while back and not much came out of that Ozzy thing.

STERN GODS, GIVE US A SIGN..!

Screenshot_20220818-235531_Google.jpgScreenshot_20220818-235531_Google.jpg
#30321 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cropped out the rest of the email since it’s none of your bizzzznessss. Also I DO know what game it is now ( but not from this email) and I’m not saying what it is but I WILL SAY it’s nooooot f’n BTTF, k?!?!
[quoted image]

" ...not-too-distant future" is an odd way to say things when there are plenty of rumors about a certain film, lol

#30358 1 year ago

Any pin makes me happy, really. At first anyway!

And it's cool that the hobby is stronger than ever. Seeing a new game, the art package, the mechanics and how it eventually shoots - all fun stuff!

If it's a Bond according to the 7-11 hearsey, it will make me happy! Thou I would probably say the same about any pin!

#30360 1 year ago

I'd also go for this!

277749570_7153876031349600_3074238451414672088_n.jpg277749570_7153876031349600_3074238451414672088_n.jpg
#30374 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm really looking forward to it .
[quoted image]

Counting 4 women on that pic - Octopussy??!! Or do they have friends in that vid?

#30400 1 year ago

Bangles - The pin, lol

4316affeed40067982c28607dfb1b0f4 (resized).jpg4316affeed40067982c28607dfb1b0f4 (resized).jpg

Seriously thou, if not Venom, BTTF or Bond, I have to wrap my head about the reasons why Stern decided to only do 2 pins.. could have been waiting for Top Gun Maverick to be released? Big enough title to wait and keep things under wrap. Just having fun with that idea.. then, there's Ozzy..

#30427 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

This puts a different vibe on it.

What did I just watch? Lol. I sure could use some of that soothing 80's Suzanna Hoffs now

susanna-ho-320709.jpgsusanna-ho-320709.jpg
#30428 1 year ago

..and, at 63, let's say she's aging beautifully (and still playing!) Sorry for the thread steal. By the power of Greyskull, carry on!
Screenshot_20220821-082803_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220821-082803_Chrome.jpg

#30441 1 year ago

May as well add this to the mix.. art package would at least be nice to look at!

A1wxXiiMuYL.jpgA1wxXiiMuYL.jpg
#30447 1 year ago

Some people want sexy women in their pins, True Lies, Wonder Woman... I am in.
Then some want a shark and 3 old men, then some want old man and a teenager... what the heck...
This hobby is weird. LOL
Do not mind downvoting this shite, I can't see it! I am free.

I'll let you know after what your score is, lol! And based on your comments, seems people may want Sharknado! It's got sharks, women, men, young and old! Only thing missing is a shark driving a DeLorean, but sharknado being so whimsical, who knows?!!

#30453 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

They call in this crusty, grisly guy in an old, small boat to find the shark responsible.

#30637 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Whooohoooooll! 58 new posts! Excited to read the news someone leaked…..sigh…..

Imagine me at 142 new posts! I should have known, it will be hundreds when it happens..

#30645 1 year ago

Would be a great lineup if Stern made all of 'em!

Back to the Future
Futurama
James Bond
Jaws
Pink Floyd
Top Gun Maverick

#30746 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I find it a little odd they say they will only release 2 this year. Then tell us wait till August for details after Rush over half a year. Then wait till the very end of the month. To me that seems like they know it wont be that killer pin everyone wants and they are building as much suspense as they can.

I prefer my glass half full! Stern waiting over half a year could also mean they know it's going to be a killer pin and are taking their sweet time to make it the best they can. Especially if they are on a 2 pins schedule.

#30978 1 year ago

Free Guy.. it's a fun little flick with great tracks and cool soundbytes! And you could pretty much think of anything for the toys and the mechs.. callouts from Ryan Reynolds could be awesome

MV5BOTY2NzFjODctOWUzMC00MGZhLTlhNjMtM2Y2ODBiNGY1ZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpgMV5BOTY2NzFjODctOWUzMC00MGZhLTlhNjMtM2Y2ODBiNGY1ZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg
#31002 1 year ago

After mentioning all the titles floating around to my girlfriend, the only game she'll be onboard with is Top Gun Maverick..

10flid (resized).jpg10flid (resized).jpg
#31068 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

For the Godzilla owners.

That's actually cool, any for other games?

#31118 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No , I'm a lot better looking

So, that's you doing cosplay then?

EIoeNGjX0AE2ba2.jpgEIoeNGjX0AE2ba2.jpg
#31182 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Looks like nothing today. They posted/retweeted a fake/homebrew "Beaches" theme game on Twitter a little while ago.

You mean "The Beaches", homegrown Canadian all girls band?

The-Beaches-rock-a-surprise-homecoming-show-at-the-El-Mocambo.jpgThe-Beaches-rock-a-surprise-homecoming-show-at-the-El-Mocambo.jpg

#31186 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Who would have thought… back to back Canadian band pins

They're easier on the eyes than Rush, lol

#31530 1 year ago

si, vamos a revolucionar Pinside en Español. Gary te aseguro que no quieres vernos enojados.
DALE GARY!! ENTREGA EL PIN!

I prefer you trolling in "inglés"!

#31533 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hope my IMAX has it!

We saw E.T. in Imax, totally fun and worth seeing it on the biggest screen and great sounds. Can't wait for Jaws! Just hope one day we can see the first Star Wars in Imax as well.

#31539 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Elwin could make ‘Shoe: The Pin’ a great game.

I'm all in for Shoe - Limited Edition!
supacaz-kazze-li2-holo-pair__37962.1645130057 (resized).jpgsupacaz-kazze-li2-holo-pair__37962.1645130057 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

454 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Saltimbanco. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saltimbanco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Saltimbanco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.