IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from E_N_3:

Maybe it's dead pool ....

I just watched this last night. Loved it!

3 months later
#455 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I sincerely hope Elvira 3 goes to Spooky and Dennis designs it.

Dennis will design it, but it ain't going to Spooky.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So...speculation of future Stern titles after Aerosmith?
Elvira 3
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars
Iron Maiden

3 weeks later
#464 7 years ago

Cassandra Petersen will be a the Texas Pinball Festival.

Elvira 3 anyone?

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Based on Episodes 4,5, and 6?

That's what I've heard.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If we say it enough times does it make it true? Please?

Pulp Fiction.

3 years later
#10929 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Star Wars even has a great layout, unfortunately the multiplier heavy code kind of ruins the game.

Like hell it does.

I think people tend to concentrate far too much on the shot multiplier aspect of this pin. I love how the shot multiplier works, but if you concentrate on that as your priority, you are not going to make it far into the game. And there is a *lot* to see and experience in the code on SW. It's actually an epic code set. Too bad that many people don't seem to appreciate how damn good it is.

#10931 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I owned one. I liked it but once you realize you're not getting a GC score unless you get lucky with the multipliers or make it a priority, it turns into a action button mash. Loved the code otherwise but I play my games for scores.

I've put up some pretty huge scores on my SW, and I can promise you that it was not because of making the multipliers a priority. I used to, then I learned what a mistake that was. I fell in love with the pin once I *didn't* make the multipliers a priority.

As far as button mashing, I do agree with that to an extent. Tie Fighters and the video mode are things I could do without

#11034 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is clearly a love-hate for this game. I'm proudly in the absolute hate. I think the layout sucks ass. The shots are boring. The annoying tie fighter crap is awful. The multiplier rules DO suck. The mode selection sucks. Pro has a ship on a spring, typical ramps and three mid-pf standups? The LE at least has the death lock and the high-speed engine.
I would have bought this game in a second if it was designed well with a good ruleset. I've played the crap out of it (mostly the pro, but I have had two long sessions on the LE), and it's beyond mediocre. Owners will rant and rave and insist, but you're going to have to face reality: MANY people who know and have played this game enough to know it well dislike it. It's the same as the Ghostbusters crowd. That's another turd. At least black knight, the most stripped down modern pin ever made, shoots well and has pretty good code.

I actually don't own the pin anymore. Sold it after owning it well over a year. Does that suddenly and magically give me more credibility since I don't own it?

Believe me, I am not trying to change your mind. I am very aware of how many people feel about the pin. That's why I specifically said that it was shame that more people don't appreciate how great the ruleset really is.

6 months later
#18689 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So any truth that Journey might be Borg's game?
Really hoping Rush is code name for Journey.
Lyman and Journey could be an epic ride.
Don't stop believin', it may be true!

You can fly by night away from here with that opinion.

#18700 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

If Rush gets made

Rush *will* be made!

#18746 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Now Godzilla is definitely something I would be interested in.

Start saving your money, cuz Godzilla is coming.

#18748 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I'm worried about it because how the Mandaoran LE s sold out. I would like to get a Godzilla LE but won't pay over retail for it. Things are getting crazy. Godzilla is the king of Monsters.

Yeah, but Godzilla is nowhere near as popular a theme as the Star Wars franchise.

There will be many factors to consider, but I am certain that getting a Godzilla LE will be nowhere near as difficult as it was to get a Mando LE.

#18782 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Pinside rumour mill is normally pretty accurate. Godzilla next and the Rush.

Yep

3 weeks later
#18952 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Code is key, but it really seems like they underestimated demand for an Ultraman pin with only 500 planned. I can't imagine they won't sell out.

Charlie has already mentioned the possibility of making more than 500 Ultraman pins.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This one means a lot to my family. Extremely special! Can't tell you how thrilled we are that there are more fans out there, and maybe we'll make a few more.

#18958 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I believe what Charlie was saying is that he hopes to make more fans of Ultraman through the pinball machine, not that they will make more Ultraman machines.

I think you are correct

#19105 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

What are the odds that I’ll get my John Borg / Lyman Sheats Rush dream pin in 2022? I’m in on pretty much anything they release together, but Rush would be amazing.

RUSH is coming! It's not next (Godzilla is) but RUSH is coming!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19106 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Iron Maiden re-themed (or un-re-themed?) to Archer would be awesome.

Archer doesn't really do it for me, but I think have Iron Maiden re-themed for a new pin is a great idea. The layout is top notch and super fun to shoot.

#19153 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'd like to see this happen as well. Not sure it makes fiscal sense though?
Stern still has to pay for the licensing. They'd have to pay for the LCD programming (which is apparently quite time consuming?). Then they have a limited number of buyers (only those who dont already own the original).
So probably be far better off with a new theme, hoping to appeal to the entire pinball buyer base, no?

Exactly.

There is no way Stern is going to do a Vault edition of pins like LOTR and TSPP with an LCD screen. The additional development cost would be prohibitive and defeat the purpose of vaults (from Stern's perspective), which is to easily remake a pin that they already made and capture profits from unmet demand, with a few minor improvements (see Iron Man).

1 week later
#19364 2 years ago

He said Stern's next music pin is believed to be Rush.

And he's right.

#19470 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The rumor is that Steve is out at Stern and is headed to JJP imminently. I have opinions as to the fit of the man and the company, but shall keep them to myself as less than constructive.
**I am only relaying rumor, and have no personal knowledge of its veracity.

I've heard the rumor and it appears to be true, based on speaking with someone in the know.

No reason to hold back on your opinion. Based on what you've hinted at, I am pretty sure that I would agree it!

1 week later
#19631 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I really doubt it's actually Godzilla, though.

It's Godzilla. Designed by Keith.

#19670 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

BM66 was one, I’m only waiting for BM66 so don’t know what else.
Probably clearing the deck for the next new pin.

My WAG would be Deadpool, Elvira and Stranger Things are the 3 other titles.

#19678 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

The scary thing is it looks like MNpinball might finally be wrong or at least not 100% right with Sheats leaving Stern. Is this possible??

Yep.

Wrong about Ritchie in 2022 too.

#19736 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

A popular trend in the consumer product world over the past 15 years is something called "shrinkflation." Companies keep the price the same, but sell you a smaller package of goods. In my day, you got a full half-gallon of ice cream at the grocery store. For a while it was 1.75 gallons and today it's 1.5 gallons.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grocery-prices-rise-supermarkets/
Getting less while also paying more is an added kick to the nuts.
If my love for the hobby was guided by my head, I'd be backing away. Alas...

Yep. Costco has done this in spades. People think the prices are the same, but they aren't.

#19770 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Has anybody prices a new fence? Up 40%. A new home build? Holy shit is wood and other materials expensive. Knickknacks and manufactured parts that need a ride on a slow boat? Price hike due to logjams in canals, COVID laobor shortages on the seas and on the docks, and general fuckery all around right now. Priced a used auto lately? Unobtanium. Everything is expensive.
But everyone make sure to ignore those facts and act REAL astonished when Stern adjusts their prices in line with any other inflation on any other manufactured item.
Insert "Yeah, but" argument re: prices you already didn't like below:

Yeah, I don't see anyone saying that they are surprised by a price increase from Stern.

Pissed off about it? Yep. But ain't nothing going to change anytime soon.

#19774 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Astonished is what I said, and tomayto/tomahto. Amazed and bewildered and beset by the utter gall of Stern raising prices.

So are you saying that you are surprised that people on Pinside would have the gall to complain about price increases, especially in the amounts we are talking about?

If so, I am surprised that you are surprised.

#19780 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

The numbers might not be accurate, but I think deep down everyone knows that another increase is imminent. Trying to recall when the last increase took effect. Seems like it was November-ish? Anything past 6 months is long overdue for a price increase.

Not to mention that JJP raised the price of GnR by $1k in the middle of production, and Spooky is charging more for their pins than they ever have.

There are a bunch of "justifications" Stern can use to raise prices again.

#19843 2 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:I am on board with this however also means you gotta wait 6 months after release

The advantage is that code will be almost 10% done by then too.

#19929 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Rumors i hear is gz then rush. But who knows?

Me.

1 week later
#20436 2 years ago

I played IMDN again recently on location and had a ton of fun. Such a great layout. I know a lot of people disagree with this, but I'd actually love to see that pin reskinned to another theme.

1 week later
#20888 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

the only difference is that the barn finds are found ...

Don't they have to be by definition?

#21040 2 years ago

Must..resist temptation to quote posts saying it wasn't Godzilla...

#21081 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes!
This is why I didn't buy Ultraman (which was high on my radar) but to me Godzilla + Keith and team was too much for me to pass up. I mean it will still have to pass the eyeball test, layout, toys, rules. But this is likely going to be my next pin.

I already knew Godzilla was going to be Stern's next pin and bought Ultraman anyway.

Looking forward to owning both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.