20240308_135657.jpg
IMG_1602 (resized).jpeg
D&D (resized).jpg
260213d5-b8e5-468d-9762-eeace7ec42d7-large16x9_theboys (resized).jpg
DD07E6EC-DE18-4AF9-A58D-271B4EE2AAC5.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1628 6 years ago

Iron Maiden will be announced in March.

1 year later
#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Reveal coming tuesday?

Yeah! Cant wait! I love the full size playfield paired with a clear upper playfield!

10 months later
#6614 4 years ago

TMNT needs a subway or how would they implement the sewer...

2 weeks later
#6866 4 years ago

I just hope Stern releases a title which no one saw coming.

#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Going from Lyman's exquisite code (Walking Dead) to Lonnie's usual "good enough" code (Guardians), would be a tremendous step down. Not recommended.

Meanwhile Dwight codes his games better. Lonnie’s games are always... Just good, but that’s about it.

#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dwight has his problematic machines (Munsters is AWFUL), but overall, Dwight has a much better record than Lonnie, who earned every bit of his basement-level ranking.

True, but I think even thought it’s not officially announced. Munsters will get another update sometime. Same as GOT and GB. Wich turned out great. But only time will tell.

2 months later
#7467 3 years ago

Guys what are you expecting? If LOTR is really getting remade. It will be based on Spike 1 Hardware with a standard red DMD, using the existing animations from the original game.
Renewing the license for a theme like LOTR isn’t cheap. Expanding the license to also use movie clips is even more expensive.
If they are going to use a LCD, they will most likely create their own animations like an BKSOR or Deadpool. But doing this would also require changed playfield artwork. But I highly doubt they are choosing this path.

#7489 3 years ago

Sure you can add one yourself. But Stern won’t ship them from factory. They are always just using red.

3 weeks later
#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Sterns build and materials can’t justify individual targets so the only way around that is to have one... In order to add other cool stuff. Like a third flipper.... sad to say but I really do think these designers are getting bolted to the ground with a budget and can’t go over a penny. And I think their budget is piss poor to say it friendly...

I would like to agree. It sounds logical since a lot of companies try to make as much profit with little effort...
BUT on the other side. How could Keith Elwin release Iron Maiden PRO. With 4 flippers, 3 drop targets and all metal ramps? So I guess it's also a matter of the designers personal preference.

#7951 3 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Anyone else reckon that Munsters owners would be beyond BOILING right about now after seeing the monster effort of code and animations Dwight has put into TMNT out the box.

The Munsters desaster isn‘t Dwights fault. He got teached to do so. A lot of people seem to forget this.
Dwight can code, he showed it with GOT and GB. If he’s let alone nice things happen. Like seen on the TMNT stream.

#8022 3 years ago

So who is actually next?
Gomez or Ritchie?
I would love to see another game made by George. His two recent games BM66 and DP were received very well. I enjoyed playing those when they were on location here.
But with the next game rumored to be Led Zeppelin I think it actually is Steve turn.

I wonder why no one has mentioned
Grand Theft Auto 5
Money Heist
Minions
I thinks any of those titles would sell well.

#8053 3 years ago

I hope they will release some 90s 00s stuff soon. To get some younger people involved in Pinball.
I’m born 98 and would love to see something I grew up with.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#8167 3 years ago

It will most likely be Heavy Metal. He teased it in a short video last week. He did only show the power coat.

1 month later
#8693 3 years ago

So the next game won’t be a John Borg game obviously. Even a Keith Elwin game is unlikely since Jurassic Park is still fresh.
I suspect it will either be a Steve Ritchie or George Gomez game. Personally I would love to se another Gomez game.

1 week later
#8833 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The price is real
The one sold is a particularly rare and special machine. As insane the price may be, there are collectors who have no problem paying Top Dollar for the right machine.

Also 36k for BM66 SLE is crazy.
Don't forget about those insane prizes the Supreme game sold for. Which was basically a cheap re-themed home game...
Nothing is impossible nowadays when it comes to pinball

#8860 3 years ago

Look what I just found. This is interesting. Didn't know Led Zeppelin or Queen is related to Marvel Now I am confused. Also he says "very soon" i mean TMNT just came out...

IMG_7824 (resized).PNGIMG_7824 (resized).PNG
#9078 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Well, it was just posted that Stern is making another run of Iron Man vault, if there is enough orders and deliveries will take place ca. in November. I guess that was what the Marvel-picture was about...

Not again, Iron-Man is such a bad game. They already re-run it like two years ago. It initially released like 2011? ...Why?
Also Stern is still busy filling backorders of Elvira, JP, Deadpool... Why would they release Iron-Man again. To be even more busy?

#9145 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They even re-ran it for a second time just recently, because it is so bad!

A Tron Vault announcement would sell 10x better as the Iron-Man vault.
I have never seen people asking for Iron-Man but a lot asking for Tron. So I don’t see why Stern isn’t listening to consumers and decided to do a second vault run of Iron-Man instead

#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't think it's that easy to bring a Tron without a full redesign. Stern wouldn't have the parts, the CPU would need to be changed, retooling of assembly line, etc. Then they would need to bring something new to it, probably redo the graphics, playfield..
It's not as if Stern would have kept tons of NIB parts and components and just needed to assemble them. So, a full redesign would be in order.. why would they indeed, instead of doing a different game that is either more current or has an historical following (say, music groups), IMO..

Nothing needs to be changed... Iron-Man and Spider-Man had a re-run as Vault. Both games are older as Tron.
Spider-Man did get a new comic art package for DMD, playfield and cabinet.
Iron-Man just got some new cabinet decals.
Of course there were minor tweaks like the new metal style backbox and some reinforced mechs like the magnet on Spider-Man or the auto-launch assy on Iron-Man. But most parts were 1 identical to their “initial” run years ago. They even run with Sam board sets.
So it is not as hard as some think. Stern just needs to re-new the license and call the vendors to produce the parts.

I bet a lot of people would go nuts for a Tron Vault Edition.

2 weeks later
#9795 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[...] A title that appeals to ALL is just gonna sell well. Younger people don’t buy games. [...]

Wrong... I am 22 so I count myself “young”
My first game I bought NIB was Ghostbusters. This was also my one and only NIB game... For the past 6 month I’m on the lookout for another NIB game. BUT there is just nothing available which appeals to me. So I am still here waiting with enough space and money for a game i like.
But the recent titles from Stern are either just for “older” people or the licenses aren’t that popular. To clarify I am sure StTh, Munsters, Elvira, TMNT are big popular licenses BUT those are mostly known in the US. Stern calls themselves a “global” (lifestyle) brand.
But I don’t see them acting as a “global” brand, when they just publish games with licenses popular in the US.

5 months later
#13278 3 years ago

Before we see a "new" game we might get another "Vault" since we haven't had one in 2020.

I also would like to see another Gomez game. <3

#13284 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Didn’t we see Iron Man Vault in 2020?

Wasn’t that in 2019? I lost track of it…

#13349 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The GB vault rumor lacks oomph, as a primary disappointment with the game was it’s lack of lcd screen and movie assets. So if GB was being “completely redone” it would need more assets and a crew to code it.
Not an impossible feat but also one that doesn’t fit the current direction. Lacking his detail convinces me the GB vault rumor is pure bs. So time to drop anchor and shift speculation back to a Jaws pin. Are you afraid of going in the water?

Just because you don’t like Ghostbusters doesn’t mean Stern doesn’t re-run it.
Ghostbusters did great for Stern, they sold many units so it’s more likely to see a GB instead of WWE…

Also if they do a „Vault“ edition of any game. It is highly unlikely they magically add a LCD to it. First the BOM is cheaper with Spike1 CPU and DMD. Instead of Spike2 hardware.
Also renewing the license with the permission to use video clips from the show/movie is depending on the license holder very costly. Not to speak of the additional labor needed to view, cut and implement the video files into gamecode… many people of the original „non-Vault“ games would also be pissed to see the LCD Upgrade.

It‘s also unlikely to see changes in the playfield layout on „Vault“ games like a reduces flipper gap on Ghostbusters.
The only changes which might be made, is the use of enhanced parts, like the upgraded magnet and auto-plunger on Spider-Man and Iron-Man.

The use of additional artwork is possible, but in the case of Ghostbusters not needed. Since it already has gorgeous Zombi-Yeti art <3

2 months later
#17988 2 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Munsters 2 with Dwight Sullivan on code and make 1000 LE’s

Can we please stop blaming Dwight? Munsters ain’t 100% his fault.
He proved he can deliver, see GB see TMNT
Get over it, move on
Xaqery did some great work in his career both at WMS and Stern

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.