Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10003 3 years ago

Just got this from Jason at ClassGameRooms in Georgia:

Today Stern Announced their latest Cornerstone Game "Avengers Infinity Quest Pinball Machine".

https://sternpinball.com/game/avengers-infinity-quest/

jason is a great guy to deal with and ships free all over the USA.

1 year later
#21996 2 years ago

What about all of the crazy History and Travel channel themes? Apparently some of those titles have huge following by a wide range of audiences. We could easily see an "Ancient Aliens" or "Mysteries at the Museum" machine, and I can't imagine the licensing would be any harder than the rock and roll or Marvel themes. Those History/Travel themes can inspire so many gimmicks and toys that could be presented on the playfield, and through imagery/illustration across the machine playfield, back glass, and cabinet sides...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#22847 2 years ago

Would BeetleJuice translate? I think it might, in the same way Munsters did. But would people under the ago of 40 understand the reference or remember the movie?

#22853 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Here's a thought --- something that's NOT an IP. Gone are the days when someone just thought up a theme like High Speed or Funhouse or whatever. I don't know why everything has to be based on a movie/show/band, and then digress into opinionated conversations on whether or not that IP is cool or lame. I would kill for something that was just about pinball. </end rant>

I agree in theory, but for the same reason one-off restaurants struggle at first in contrast to franchised "Name Brand" ones, the idea of a new original title may be a higher risk of poor revenue on location. And with machines costing $7-8K, it's tougher to make ends meet when making wrong machine choices. That said, Funhouse and ToM are great examples of original content that drew in and hooked the curious from day-1. So many other titles too. It can be done....

1 month later
#23627 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Stern's new President came over from Disney.

...So he knows all about the crazy licensing fees they would charge!!!! LOL. But seriously, that might make him more aware of the less obvious do's and don'ts when licensing from Disney, to keep costs down to a minimum. It might be like a ala carte menu. every branded item costs!

3 months later
#26156 2 years ago

Something SteamPunk or industrial themed? Or perhaps a Escape Room kind of game?

1 month later
#26822 1 year ago

If worldwide movie (franchise) sales has anything to do with this thought process, the biggest money-makers are (in order, highest to lowest):

Marvel Universe
Star Wars
Harry Potter
Spider Man
James Bond

https://www.investopedia.com/highest-grossing-movie-franchises-5085228

4 weeks later
#27454 1 year ago

I was that guy that 'accidently' bought a Funhouse and TOTAN in the late 1990s (paid a total of $2500 for the pair, each in perfect condition), sat on them for 20 years, and then got the bug again in 2020 right before COVID. Sold FH for $5K and TOTAN $9K when I decided to dive in to the hobby again. (Although I loved those machines, and kinda still wish I had them). So I started looking for themes that really felt right, and ended up (after some dabbling with RCT, RBioN and Houdini) with three Sterns: A Jurassic Park for depth and skill building, a GOTG for (mostly) gimmicks and some straight-forward shooting, and a Stern PoTC (because I found one NIB a few month ago). Three machines, all Stern, and each for a different mood.

10 months later
#36981 1 year ago

I ran into this very unusual video of a CASABLANCA pinball concept. I particularly liked the magnet 'dish' idea. Very minimal, but got me thinking if a modern take on the theme could work... ? Kinda same vintage as Indiana Jones, and there apparently was a BELL arcade machine in 1945, but no pictures found. Is the theme too dated by now?

#36988 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Markharris2000 To a certain degree the "instant grabs" with magnets (in Stern games like Godzilla, etc) and American Pinball (Hot Wheels, etc) have that - I guess the difference would be if you had then other magnets keeping the ball "bubbling" and then send the ball in either a specific direction each time on release - to plan shots or randomize the direction they go. Actual game designers who have worked with magnets will need to chip in here - Stern guys?
Too dated? Sadly, yes.

Too bad the movie is mostly unknown to the 16-34 crowd today. Casablanca has so many scenes that could inspire playfield gadgets and artwork....

3 months later
#39890 8 months ago

Would Suicide Squad (Margot Robbie) be interesting? Seems like it might be time for another Women of Pinball theme?

4 months later
#43464 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Elwin, who has become Stern's premier designer (And brings in the $$$). They seem to give him a better BoM than others, so I doubt it will be unsatisfying as either a Pro or a Prem.

There is a great Stern video of "The Making of Godzilla" which provides a ~5 minute glimpse into Keith and his team, how they work together, and their level of passion for what they do. Harrison (the hardware guy) even says they have developed a non-verbal communication style that guides/speeds their work! LOL. After watching this video, I could easily see that ANY desired title could be thrown into this team and turn out something really special.

This is clearly not just a job for these guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.