20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Maken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You'll hear no argument from me: American music sucks donkey balls these days. Hey...I don't sign 'em, so don't blame me.
And if you want to know why I think Canada has incredible contributions to music, you need look no further than Neil Young and Gordon Lightfoot.

Plenty of good contemporary American bands out there. Queens of the Stone Age(LA), Scorpion Child(Austin), Five Horse Johnson(Toledo), Ape Machine(Portland), Valley of the Sun(Cincy), Elder(Boston), Red Stone Souls(Detroit) to name a few.

Sure, they aren't very popular... but personally, I prefer it that way, much less chance of selling out.

1 year later
#1282 6 years ago

Stern usually does TV shows that are current.

These could work:

Rick and Morty
The Punisher
Westworld

8 months later
#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Any pics of the pro? Just thought I’d ask, but I feel like everything is going to phase away soon like the ending of Avengers: Infinity War.
[quoted image]

Isn't this the next Kapow title... there might not be a Pro.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought kapow was beatles

From what I heard, they are both Kapow.

#2391 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You didn't listen.
Kaminkow said the next Stern game (after Deadpool) will be a license they (Ka-Pow) got for Stern.
The game planned after that will be a Ka-Pow game (supposedly presented at CES January 2019).

I didn't get it from Kaminkow, but thanks.

5 months later
#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The time from is the NEXT Stern....and Elvira 3 isn't next.

Yup... The King is up first.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

who's going to code the next stern pin?

Tim on lead.

1 month later
#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

John Borg just released what he calls his best layout yet

He says that every time lol

1 month later
#3173 4 years ago

Whatever the theme, just remember that if you are unlucky, like me, and receive a warped playfield, stern will not help you.

They do not give a fuck.

#3175 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

When/If I get a Stern pin I will go with HUO and check it out
before buying to avoid some of these NIB horror stories

Good call man.

I haven't played pinball in months because of the depression about it... I was ranked around 250th in the world, travelled a lot for events, spent lots of money, brought tons of new people into the hobby. Really hope it doesn't happen to any of them, or to you.

#3177 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stern has been good to me. I'm in line for a new playfield (mine
has ghosted inserts) and they sent me a signed monsters
translite
for my problems.
I feel like you must be talking to the wrong people. I've
followed your troubles. That playfield is unacceptable and I
think
Stern would admit that if you got ahold of the right person.
I
(believe) I've been dealing with David Carver most recently.
He has
been helpful. The employee who originally started my case has
since
left the company.

I'm talking to the guy who everyone says you need to talk to,
Chas. He admits that there is a problem, claims that he wants to
help, but also says that the request keeps getting denied by the
"quality managers" and there's nothing that he can do. He won't
even reply to my messages anymore. Neither will nitro pinball, the
distro.

Nobody thinks it will happen to them, until it does. That's why
I will continue to post my experience in threads like these. So
that people can see the real Stern.

If you have an email for David carver I will be happy to give it a shot.

#3182 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Mostly hyperbole spread by anti-Stern types, and clueless people spreading FUD.
No issues with NIB here with my SPIKE games or anyone else I know that has them.

Thanks for shitting on me bruh. Real classy.

#3209 4 years ago

I mean, Tommy and I don't exactly get along... but that's no reason to completely ignore a customer with an obvious manufacturing issue like this.

Full disclosure:
I shopped around for the best price (as Momma taught me), Tommy didn't like that. I demanded that he honour his original quoted price when he tried to jack it up after months of waiting for the machine, Tommy didn't like that. In a past deal, he attempted to upcharge me because I wanted to pay by credit card (something that is illegal in Canada), I didn't like that.

So yeah, we aren't friends. But still, I paid my hard earned money for this machine, and I think he should step up. Instead, he has chosen to ignore multiple e-mails.

He sure got back to me quickly when I was sending money. But, that's how he has chosen to roll.

#3213 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Ken Lapoint you are simply bad for pinball and this community. We quoted you a price based on the CDN dollar at the time. You then threatened Adam at P1 in Toronto to match it after the dollar dropped by telling him you would trash him on Pinside. When he wouldn't concede you came back to us and demanded we do the same and also threatened us as well. We work very hard for this community and our customers and ultimately honored the old quote and lost money. We even had to secure the pin from P1 as you were impatient and started making negative posts. Then almost a year later you contact us about your playfield (only after Stern decides it doesn't require replacement) looking for help. I'm sorry Ken, but had we known about your reputation in Ontario beforehand we would have simply avoided the sale.

Tommy Floy you quoted me USD, no need to lie about it. You quoted me 5400 USD over the phone and we agreed. I did pay 5400 in the end (converted to CAD) at your request! Sorry for asking you to honour your original price, but that's how sales agreements work.

This is your reason for failing to assist and completely ignoring a customer who paid in full and has a warped playfield... really? That is just terrible service man.

2 weeks later
#3281 4 years ago

Hey look, now it's not just me who knows that Tommy Floyd is a piece of shit!

tommyfloydisapieceofshit (resized).jpgtommyfloydisapieceofshit (resized).jpg
#3282 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

I have purchased 18 machines off Tommy. He is the absolute BEST distributor in the industry. His contribution to pinball should be applauded. His customer service is the best I have ever experienced. I could go on and on.....
Let me say this, it is scientifically proven that water and objects react differently to the energies of the people around them.
I think your playfield warped for a reason. Im happy stern rejected your warranty. Get out of the hobby before your contagious negative energy warps any of mine. Good riddance, don’t trip on your way out

ROFL.

What a community!

Support the piece of shit and demonize the guy who paid 8 grand for a warped playfield.

#3284 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Why can you not just take your shit to its own thread?

Just wanted to share the fact that Tommy is a liar and a piece of shit. He lied about me in this very thread! Slanderous. He is now a known liar and piece of garbage in the community... everyone who upvoted him and downvoted me should take a long look in the mirror. He lied to you about our interaction and transaction, made it seem like he was a hero, and you all believed him.

Bottom line is that I stood up for myself as a customer when he tried to jack up an already agreed upon price. He then ignored my e-mails for support because he didn't like me and only showed himself to slam me in this thread and have his Nitro brigade bros upvote his lies and BS. Not cool. But, that'll be my last post on the subject. Tommy=human garbage.

Enjoy your next Stern, fellas, pick a good distro, you may need it!

3 years later
#27817 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

the theme is not the problem. It’s the layout of the game. It is the ball launch that just drains it down the middle. It’s poor design that on scoop. I believe they rushed on Rush

Your newbness is showing.

#27826 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Its just a bad game. I know they are from your mother land of Canada and have to defend the machine. Next you are going to tell me that SCTV was better than SNL

I'm sorry that you have awful taste and know nothing about setting up a pin. Maybe eventually things will turn around for ya there bud.

#27855 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Maybe it was an HD VHS?
(Yes these exist and are quite rare.)

Best available version of True Lies is still the DTheater/D-VHS. No BluRay released... come on Cameron!

#27857 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

True lies was released as an import on Blu-Ray. Great movie imo.
amazon.com link »

That's not a real BluRay... 2.0 sound? Lol. True Lies was never released on BluRay.

#27859 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

This is an import disc. Did you read the comments in the amazon listing by buyers?

I don't need to because True Lies has never been released on BluRay lol. But, enjoy your scam copy if you bought one.

#27861 1 year ago

Lol, instead of checking amazon where scams are rampant... why don't you guys try searching on blu-ray.com where they list every official BluRay that's been released. Spoiler: True Lies has no BluRay!

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=339165

Sorry for making multiple posts, but I didn't want misinformation left out there when others disagreed with my accurate comment.

#27867 1 year ago

That's a bootleg dude. Jesus, just leave the nice people checking this thread alone, they don't care! (Also: True Lies has no BluRay lmao)

When's the last time you saw FOX release a movie without their 20th-century fox logo on the packaging? Bootleg.

#27898 1 year ago
jcvdknowsthattruelieshasnoofficialbluray (resized).jpgjcvdknowsthattruelieshasnoofficialbluray (resized).jpg
1 month later
#30767 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

That could be. It's getting to the "pissed off" point for me. If it's last days in Aug, then say "end of Aug". Clearly Stern must realize that they are not Kanye. Their target audience are adults, including middle aged adults, and many who have AARP cards. Don't treat us like college kids. Say what you are going to do then do it. What ever happened to under promise and over deliver?

Calm down. A pin is a massive undertaking, long development cycle, licensors to deal with, literally tons of moving parts, supply chain issues.

August was their best guess at the time, but shit happens. If you are so old you should know this by now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Maken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Maken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.