Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnTTwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16287 3 years ago

Is there a Hunger Games pin?

5 months later
#22024 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I support this! I think GBLE is a lot of fun. Do whatever you have to to make it less mean.

100%. Have you tried the carrot flippers?

I have added them to No Fear and AC/DC man it’s like a new game. Thinking of adding them to JP. Once I get better I can always swap them out and go original but lots of fun in the mean time.

3 months later
#24388 2 years ago

Some dealers are asking 16k for a RUSH LE. Crazy.

#24389 2 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Stern is losing its edge. I would rather see a PRINCE Pinball over Rush . Prince is a Musical Genius Superstar. who deserves the Pinball Honor. or Eddy VanHalen Tribute Pinball. I predict low sales on Rush Machine. what a boring themed Pinball it will be.

I’ve been a LE buyer on every release. Prince would never make it into my home period.

1 month later
#25649 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Even schedules set in stone are not set in stone these days with the parts shortages.
That said, talk to your distributor and tell them you want to get on the list for a 007 premium or LE, then ask about Venom, then ask about BTTF. You will most likely find that there are lists being made for the first two games and not BTTF or at least not based on solid information for BTTF at this point. With the back orders of games, Stern is not worried about selling everything they make. In previous years Stern and distributors kept the coming games much more secret and not only to keep the information from competitors. People might have skipped a game in anticipation of the next...

This was great advice and my name is now on a list for a BTTF Le Happy camper here!

#25770 2 years ago

Can someone explain “corner stone” game to me?

Most buildings have 1 cornerstone.

Thanks

#25785 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Note CORNERSTONE release
bond is not a cornerstone
So you will have bond, then another cornerstone in august
It’s really no different than last year

These kind of post confuse me. If they make Bond will it be a home use machine and not the Pro, Premium, or LE versions?

#25795 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

• Cornerstone, these are Sterns regularly released commercial titles, usually between 3 or 4 releases a year, consisting of a Pro, Premium & LE.
You also have their additional releases such as Vaults, Studio games, Home pins & Contract games.

So is this what Stern defines as “cornerstone”?

#25810 2 years ago

I really don't understand the Stern slow down. If Stern (Gary) really wanted to blow the market up just drop all the units they can't produce. Imagine what would happen to the used market. Pinflation would skyrocket, and if old releases skyrocket in prices what could Stern then do with the price of new releases?

They (Gary) could really be printing money!

#25816 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Cancelling or stopping orders would blow up Gary's business, not the market. Dropping orders to try and manipulate the market to indirectly influence future sales is insane. Where's Levi when we need him?

I’m just going off how nutz pinheads are not the real world. .

3 weeks later
#26041 2 years ago

Will the slow down at Stern will it increase sales of JP and EHOH

#26050 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There is no slow down at Stern.

Awesome they are going to do three games this year?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#26530 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

AC/DC prices are out of control

The game is so awesome and adding Shoot to Thrill, Dirty Deeds, Long way to the Top, and Money Talks really make that bitch rock and pin!!!!!

5 months later
#33206 1 year ago

I kinda chuckle people believe this excuse, like how can they know 2 weeks for approval, if they say no, back the drawing board and then there is always the show us game play with only the approved video and music.

But we eat up the excuse LOL

#33228 1 year ago

And to add to you Stern inflation, supply chain issues, one can now pay 500 bucks to get the same LE number. LOL I have bought up to 3 LE's at a time and request the same numbers, but nope not anymore in fact I just won't buy anymore LE's well maybe a BTTF , and will not be requesting my usual LE number this stuff is funny, now Stern boyz can you help me understand 500 bucks to get the same LE number? Inflation, supply chain issues? Hmmmm????

I am dumb but not stupid

#33230 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you are a repeat LE buyer and request the same number , they should treat you as a valued customer , and not try to rip you off by charging you $500 to get to same number .

Should, would think, valued, etc, but nope used

2 months later
#34137 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I just hope this pin market will correct in a year or two. Then prices can hopefully go back to where they were pre-covid

I am just curious on this thought, do you wish all pin prices would go down?

1 month later
#35053 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.

Elwin doing a Warriors pin.

OMG move over Zilla!!!

Is there any real chance of this?

How would they get away from the Lizzies?

#35113 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Yep, I have three kids 7, 9 and 11 and I have to practically beg them to play my machines at home with me. Oh well.

Same when my kids were younger. Now they both have machines in their homes. Not all lost hang in there!!

2 weeks later
#35534 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AC/DC is really an outlier when it comes to music pins. It was a genius implementation, Lyman made it something special, but it’s not really a great model to just keep using for band games.
You end up really listening to the same few songs over and over because they’re tied to a strong scoring strategy, or even just modes you like playing. Or maybe your favorite song is on a mode you don’t enjoy playing and you never pick it.
On Metallica there are songs I pick often, songs I tend to avoid, but I rotate through my favorites as I choose, or pick different tracks across different games. I prefer that over tying gameplay to that initial choice.

I swapped out some songs in AC/DC and it really messed up the game. I do not play it score ever now. Playing a pin with It is Long Way to The Top if you Wanna Rock and Roll, Shoot to Thrill, Money Talks, Girls got Rhythm I have it cranked up loud and just Rock out!!!

#35551 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Its price. At $13k your buying pool goes down. Even more at $20k so its best when restoring to make it look nice but don't make it so nice that you take a bath on resale. Some with a home renovation. They may have issues if the next IP's are not as popular with 1000 LE's at $13k price. I don't think I will do it for Venom and Foo Fighters if those are coming out.

Exactly I backed out of a LE from several dealers.

And since buying a pin for ones home in the first place should require a sanity check. Looks like a SLE Bond is in my future. Geez this hobby is nutz!!

3 weeks later
#36275 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Stern is in the business to make money! Not look on here for ideas. This forum has some of the most stupid ideas for machines that would bankrupt the company in six months. Some of us on only here for the laughs.

Warriors?

What cha think on that one?

1 month later
#36812 1 year ago

Lock it in I heard it from a very good source BTTF is Elwins next game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
1 month later
3 months later
#41669 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We can dream. With the gang angle giving you venom-like different ways to play, it could be such a cool pin.
[quoted image]

I would be in on a MET vault, and the Warriors just to have it, other then that I am watching for now

2 weeks later
#42058 5 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Totally agree Pokémon will not be worth it.
So many better themes than that like I don’t know STERN DO BEETLE JUICE OR THE GOONIES WOULD BE GREAT HELLO LOL

Warriors theme is most conducive theme I can think of.

1 month later
#42815 4 months ago

Really the only theme that would be insta buy no reason to even see it would be "The Warriors"

#42822 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the gang angle, and quest to get to your home turf, it seems like a natural theme for pinball. So many mode and set piece possibilities. They absolutely would need to have the DJ chick narrating as you progress.
Caaaan yoooou diiiig it?[quoted image]

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.

If you start the game with your warriors at, say 5x each, and you have to protect each of your members to maintain that while trying to get to home turf. Battle encounters where you don't make shots for a particular Warrior's hurryups as they fight reduces their multipliers until they hit 0 for the remainder of the game (you have 1x minimum as the player). So, you could make encounters when you run into other gangs or police or whatever. In a battle, melee is expressed as a series of hurryups. Each hurryup is a warrior member vs enemy encounter, so you can have multiple going at once in a gang encounter. So when you encounter the furies, for example, the warrior hurryup series you finish first, protects that warrior member, preserving their multiplier. If you take too long, their multiplier can get beaten down, and it's persistent, so that's bad. Could be pretty cool. So many possibilities with the license.

#42825 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I was thinking the other day that the topper should be police lights (slim blue light bar and a couple red domes) that go off when the game heats up and the cops are after you. The theme is rife with possibilities.

Incorporate some type of toy or target for each gang, Gen for Cyris of course, Bats for the orphans, etc.

Would be the best themed game ever! IMHO

#42855 4 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Could be watching Fifth Element - BOF next game maybe??

Was that the show with some special jewels and super hot chick with red hair? Flying cars?

I need to watch the whole thing if it is the movie I saw parts of.

#42915 4 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

No way - Spooky will not sell out these titles right away.
Jaws marketing drop still possible but I think January more likely.

Spookys business model has not let them sell out in the past. Are they doing like 750 of each?

1 month later
#44629 84 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I cannot imagine what theme Stern is gonna pound 13 grand out of next. Running out of A+ themes.

I respect your opinion on Pinside and enjoy reading your post.

Do you think the Warriors is a A+ Theme?

Might not be well known enough but the movie just screams perfect for a pin to me.

2 months later
#46360 18 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I’d argue Rush LE is gorgeous and a better shooter than GNR.

I have both. Game play Rush 100%
Looks and feel G&R 100%

#46368 18 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

That's the challenge. Many are tired of Movie, Band, and Comic themes… but what else do we have with mass appeal than those things? BBQ isn’t it.
The best rumored themes at the moment
Matrix
5th Element
Themes I’d like, but many won’t like
Daft Punk
Hackers (The Movie)
What themes would you like to see?

warriors

1 week later
#46718 9 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Be nice if they re ran Batman 66!

The are and will, 100% it is in the que.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Augusta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnTTwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=JohnTTwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.