20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John0560.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16216 3 years ago
4e0647230b7d0e5c3287db709eb8dcf1 (resized).jpg4e0647230b7d0e5c3287db709eb8dcf1 (resized).jpg
#16231 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

This would be a dream come true for me. A must buy!

It has so much potential, the hobby needs cool stuff like this. ZY would kill it on the artwork. Stern I know your reading, we want "Big Trouble In Little China"!!! Look at all the battle modes and the porkchop express multibal! with CB radio callouts from Jack Burton. Online play, you can pick up your cabinent mounted CB and b.s. with other players from around the world. Alright the last one was a stretch, but it is a badass theme.

#16246 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:would someone please explain why anyone would want this theme? this movie was one of the biggest busts of the 80s ($25mm budget vs $11mm box office).
when i kept seeing it on this forum i though it must have been from a different generation than mine. but i just looked it up, this PG-13 movie came out when i was 14-years old. after watching the trailer i remember how bad it was.
i know, you guys are just fooling around. this is just another Welk thing.

Not saying the movie is my top favorite, there are movies that I like way better that would be horrible themes. But the artwork if done right, would be so colorful and beautiful. The plot would be great, you would battle several mystical enemies, save the girl.... No shooter rod, it should be Jack Burtons tec-9! Put the pork chop express on top, code needs to light it up, beep the air horn and some CB callouts. This will be pure 80s adventure - action - nostalgia. "If done right" would be very magical. Pay attention Stern, we dont want Godzilla or Harry Potter or Avatar. We want some more 80s magic similar to GB, BTTF, Beetlejuice, Die Hard Pt.1. The people have spoken, lets get on this please. Most people I know that grew up in the 80s and 90s and are new to pinball like me want to go down memory lane and have the money to blow on this crap. I would never invite my buddies over to drink and play Harry Potter, c'mon man.

#16256 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Harry Potter is the #1 theme.

According to you? I just see it as a little too dorky. If you are into it, great. I am happy for anyone that has the privilege of seeing their dream theme created. Im sure I would have fun playing it, just not excited about the theme. As long as it shoots well who cares its just an overpriced box with lights, bells and balls for grown adults that act like damn kids. Im one of them lol.

#16258 3 years ago

He mister familyarcade, lets face it we are all pretty screwed up on here. We are talking about toys, oversized overpriced toys for nerdy adults. If you dont like people speculating or giving ideas for a next stern pin on a next stern pin thread then go troll somewhere else.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16259 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

It's not my number one but I think if you ask Stern which theme would sell the most pinball machines I'd bet a LOT of money that the answer would be Harry Potter. Number of books sold, movie box office, theme park revenue are all strong indications of how well this theme would do.

There is enough room in the hobby for everyone to have their themes, most of mine stem from when I grew up, part of the magic while playing is that it brings me back. Thats why enjoy older machines so much, thats why I enjoy machines like GB, DM, LW3, Turtles...

#16263 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still think Mando is smoke and mirrors and they are going to drop BBTF and watch the instant sell out

Hell yeah! BTTF! Its our Density.

#16266 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Be embarrassed about your poor taste. Big Trouble is 80’s camp magic, smdh. Monetary success does not a good film make.

Magical.

Yeah he does have poor taste. The pin would be greater than the movie if stern ups their game.

#16268 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Won't we all be surprised when it's Peanuts? Lifestyle brand.
[quoted image]

Id take that over Harry Potter.

#16271 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol you’re gonna need a time machine to create an alternate 2021. BTTF isn’t next.

Yes it is. Kaneda said it was.

#16280 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still think Mando is smoke and mirrors and they are going to drop BBTF and watch the instant sell out

Bumblebee tuna fish? Ace ventura pin! I solved it.

#16282 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also, I love Big Trouble in Little China, because....
"Shut up Mr. Burton, the World does not exist for you to "Get it!"
And...
....David Lopan Style!

This is genius. Love the video.

#16345 3 years ago

Garbage Pail Kids vs. MADBALLS! Could this ever happen, the art is pretty cool, nostalgia is there.

images.jpeg (resized).jpgimages.jpeg (resized).jpg
#16358 3 years ago

The only music pin I want to see is a Weird Al Yankovich.

#16361 3 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Fuck all the other nonsense in this thread. THIS is what we need. It would sell, not joking. A pin to unite us all.

Im not sure how the artwork, toys or mechs would look like but the music and sound effects would be a blast. It would definitely be interesting.

#16362 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

You win the internet.

I dont want serious music in a pin, I want funny shit. I want to laugh before I cry when the ball drains

#16367 3 years ago

***DISCLAIMER LONG RANT*** PLEASE TROLL

So Stern: self proclaimed "Lifestyle brand"

According to wikipedia: A lifestyle brand is a brand that attempts to embody the values, aspirations, interests, attitudes, or opinions of a group or a culture for marketing purposes.[1] Lifestyle brands seek to inspire, guide, and motivate people, with the goal of their products contributing to the definition of the consumer's way of life. As such, they are closely associated with the advertising and other promotions used to gain mind share in their target market.[2] They often operate from an ideology, hoping to attract a relatively high number of people and ultimately become a recognised social phenomenon.

When has stern given the pinsiders what they have asked for lately? Did we ask for LZ? Hell no. Did we ask for Turtles, no but it is still pretty cool. Did we ask for Star wars to be better?... Have we been asking for Godzilla? No. James Bond? No. This thread represents years of requests from the fans that have been denied. So if you are going to "embody the values, aspirations, interests, attitudes, or opinions of a group or a culture" start giving us what we want, not what you or your designers want. This is your target market here not Netflix or Disney. Start caring more about your true fans, pinball people. We keep your doors open Stern.

****PLEASE SHARE WITH STERN EXECUTIVES*****

#16372 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I have been lurking this thread for six months and if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't really tell you what this community wants. As soon as someone mentions one idea, other people jump in to tell them why it's a terrible idea. If Stern listened to only us, I'm not sure anything would ever get released.

Hey im not the one calling them a lifestyle brand. Lol

#16376 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Ok, so Stern should send out an email asking what every pin buyer what they should make? Yea ok. Have you seen some of the stupid suggestions in here?
Also, people have requested LZ and IMDN seems to have been willed into production via pinside. The pins are selling like hotcakes, so they are producing what people want, just not necessarily what you want.

Well their customer base in on Pinside. They are only selling because options are so limited and people break down and buy this crap. Its not what you want, it's what they give you. Cheap crap. It gets cheaper quality and more expensive every release. Copy and paste on a pre designed layout. No sculpted anything, no decent mechs anymore. A blimp. Look at GnR and how much of a masterpiece it is. My old ass DM is built way better than any new stern. It wont change, they need to start taking notes from JJP and Spooky. You can accept crap and you will keep getting crapped on. I know they read this stuff and they know competitors are stepping up the pinball game, hopefully they do the same. Pinball can be so much better people, and it should be for the price. Quit making excuses for them, it doesnt' help the hobby. Instead push for better results, make them earn the lifestyle brand crap they say they are.

#16380 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I have been lurking this thread for six months and if you held a gun to my head, I couldn't really tell you what this community wants. As soon as someone mentions one idea, other people jump in to tell them why it's a terrible idea. If Stern listened to only us, I'm not sure anything would ever get released.

I will tell you what the community wants:
1.Higher quality sculpted toys.
2.Cheaper priced, higher quality toppers, the kind that are not always sold out
3.Playfields that dont pool or chip with inserts that don't ghost.
4. UV kits as a standard.

Themes:
1. Big Trouble in Little China
2. Beetlejuice
3. BTTF ( hopefully they make it )
4. Akira
5. Die Hard pt.1

Just to name a few, for sure 1-3.

#16381 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

This is, in my opinion, where you've got it wrong.
The majority of the contributors to this site are the (loud) minority of people actually buying NIB pinball machines.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

People that are buying new 6-15k dollar machines are already screwed up in the head enough and addicted enough to this hobby to not be on here. I value your opinion as a fellow pimsider but respectfully disagree.

#16383 3 years ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

Hmmm maybe more up Spooky’s ally but id rather Stern or JJP make this happen. Lots of toys and gimmicks please. The whole movie screams world under glass!
[quoted image]

Sign me up! This title would be a good chance for Stern to up their game. I really want to like stern better, their games are fun. Just would like a little more bang for the buck.

#16616 3 years ago

I'm hoping that the leaker who told Kaneda this info was describing the backglass and said there is a man and a delorean and Keneda mistook it for mandalorian. Who is with me?

#16632 3 years ago
Quoted from Kyleman:

It cracks me up.Everyone acts like Zombie Yeti is the only upscale artist.I am a drafter slash comic artist not the best but good and I am here to tell Christopher Franchi is the best technically and it isn't close.His stuff is intimidating for fellow artist.His batman and Beatles kills avengers and turtles but whatever grab some crayons and coloring books.

Ghostbusters is probably one of the best art packages I have ever seen. I don't see Batman or Beatles even coming close. ZY in my IMO is unmatched and is a artistic genius. But this is my opinion, nobody is right or wrong. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

#16633 3 years ago

Lets get on with the ManDelorean!

#16636 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't really compare the two since the art styles are COMPLETELY different. It's like comparing Picasso to Van Gogh. You may prefer one's style over the other, but they are both masters of their style.

Ill agree to that.

#16637 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

...if Mando name is not to be used, then what is Mando changed to if its not Mando? Mando is better understood as Mando and is the way...as Mando. BTW, was thinking Mando, because the long spelling of Mando is much longer than Mando. (Mando, Mando, Mando...just sayin)

Lets go with mandon't

#16693 3 years ago
56vgnz (resized).jpg56vgnz (resized).jpg
#16697 3 years ago
download.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
#16699 3 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

A fellow Hoosier that isn’t pushing Yeti propaganda!?!? How dare you!! (I kid!)
First off...I’m not upscale at anything in life! So I agree with you!!!
...But putting Chris and I against each other is always an odd play. Chris will gladly tell you that we do different things. I create assets and styleguides from nothing and he uses reference to create assets - so he had better be more technically accurate (and he is with style to spare!)
I ain’t great at what I do either btw. But I try to grow and stretch in hopes some day I like something I do.
I don’t want to do every license out there and I pick what I have passion for so I can do the best I can for the project and fans of it. These projects aren’t easy and take far more time than you can imagine. I’m not gonna do a project I don’t love just for a check. So if people can see that it might be more of a Yeti sell than the actual art
But more to the point - Johnny Crap is one of the hardest working illustrators AND can design a playfield which is not an easy task for an artist used to the freedom of a canvas. I get that art is subjective and people don’t always like what the other person does - BUT - anyone who has undertaken a pinball art package (or 3 with stern) deserves some credit for hitting a schedule and taking some risks. Don’t tear people apart (this is pinside tho - so...) as a critique of what you may or may not like.
And with that - I’ll get back to work...

The man, the myth, the legend! Thanks for all of your hard work, my family loves our Tutles because of how beautiful your artwork is. Keep doing cool stuff, hopefully we will see the rest of that Bill and Teds artwork someday, and hopefully in pinball form.

#16700 3 years ago
il_570xN.2293896314_tbj2 (resized).jpgil_570xN.2293896314_tbj2 (resized).jpg
#16705 3 years ago
56w1io (resized).jpg56w1io (resized).jpg
#16709 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'd buy almost any 80s theme.

#metoo

Even Spaceballs

#16721 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It should be Die Hard, some bad ass RGB lighting effects, and dead bad guys, god dammit.
[quoted image]

Upper playfeild should be modeled after the top of the nakatomi plaza, an elevator will bring the ball to the top where there is a helicopter bash toy similar to the slimer mech (explosions and lights go crazy when you hit it.). Air duct ramp with metal popping sounds coming from the speakers when ball is inside it. Lets build this damn thing! Christmas 2022 release.

#16724 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

If it is Mando, they can could do some kool magnet things with the ball as the child using the force... I just hope Stern ups their game SUBSTANTIALLY if there will be a child figure on the game. Detailed in game toys are not Sterns strong suite...

Neither are their toppers. If I made something that sucked, i wouldnt make a whole lot of them either.

#16766 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The official toppers are embarrassingly bad. They need to hire Back Alley Matt to do these.

NECA should make the topper, at least they know how to make some cool detailed stuff, not a flat plastic panel with a couple lights.

#16767 3 years ago

Just leaked, the toy package for BTTF, this was hand picked by Gary.

BTTF-Frozen-DeLorean_1263478312 (resized).jpgBTTF-Frozen-DeLorean_1263478312 (resized).jpg
#17159 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Remember the fiasco ET caused Atari?

Great point! Yeah lets not put stern out of business. I would hate to see a documentary 30 years from now of people digging up stern E.T. pinball machines out of the desert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John0560.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=John0560 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.