Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4960 4 years ago

Fortnite? I'm still hoping for DeadFlip's Pokemon pin.

2 weeks later
#5288 4 years ago

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines. They missed the boat on Angry Birds (just like the last movie), but there are still some very popular games out there that millions of people play daily;

Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering

Older themes that still might resonate;

Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush

And of course the aforementioned;

Pokemon

#5463 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK, I can see you are not a gamer.

This is quite the generalization. I have no idea why you would say this. I've been a gamer for over 3 decades. Basically since the 90's. Sega Master System, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, TurboGrafx, PS2, PS3, PS4. I still have every HU card for the TurboGrafx at home (except for Magical Chase, I'm not an idiot) I still remember buying boxed PC games at Radio Shack. I use to rem out the smartdrive on my 486Dx PC and even created my own .wad files for Doom II, so please do not make assumptions about me being a gamer. I'm also not sure how you can say gamers are the cheapest bunch out there. Some definitely are, but others are out there spending fist fulls of cash on skins.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly, most of that titles are free games that make their money with micro transactions and/ or season passes.
So they're targetting an audience that hasn't enough money to make a bigger purchase upfront or doesn't care enough for games in general to spend money on them, before they're hooked.
How are these people supposed to buy a pinball machine?

You're not giving F2P gamers enough credit. These are the people that drop $$$ on exclusive skins, and weapons. Professional LOL players make 6 figures.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2018/05/02/a-look-inside-riot-games-from-320000-player-salaries-to-using-esports-as-a-catalyst-for-sales/#3c3842832c6a

The above is an extreme example, but the money is there.

#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I was a gamer since the 80's. There are always the enthusiasts in every crowd. I already gave some examples of the cheapness of most gamers. Why do you think there is Free to Play now? So they can get e'm hooked and then push in game purchases (which I hate). Congrats to you for supporting the software developers! I wish there were more like you! I've seen many gamers who pirated everything they could get their hands on. In fact, it was much of the appeal years ago. Not as much anymore with online gaming etc. As I stated, I would like to see some gaming themed pins as well. Some would probably do quite well. But that's beyond my pay grade to make those decisions. I'm sure if Stern's think tank thought they would be big sellers, they'd consider it. Maybe they eventually will.

Sorry, I meant the 80's. I had an original Atari 2600, Intellivision and Coleco as well. I may or may not have also had some experience pirating games.

I'm not a fan of DLC, or in-game purchases. I avoid these types of purchases unless they really enhance gameplay or add more hours of enjoyment to the existing game. I have played my share of games that have been released unfinished purposely and then patched to death. I cannot stand developers getting away with this type of shit.

I'm not enjoying the tone of your replies, or your unknowledgeable generalizations about me. I find it pretty disrespectful. I'll bow out of this thread and let you enjoy it.

1 year later
#11318 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Queen would be killer!

I think you mean it would be Killer Queen.

2 weeks later
#11605 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Gary Stern discusses pertinent issues,

Did he discuss pertinent issues regarding QC?

#11610 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No one ever mentions ‘Home Alone’ as a viable ( or desirable ) license for pinball. I think it would be amazing. Think of all the traps and gadgets, fighting off the wet bandits the theme is MADE for pinball. AND it’s a modern classic holiday film. Would make a huge holiday release. Big fun!

I'd prefer National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation over the Home Alone series. 'Shitter Was Full' Multiball would be bring pinball to another level.

#11624 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Or a Congress pin where you start a game and nothing EVER happens.

Ha, ha! Yep you just keep putting money in and nothing happens.

#11671 3 years ago

I would love to see Stern blindside all of us and release something like My Hero Academia.

#11812 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

That space is going to be filled with a zeppelin LE very soon in the next few weeks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern should call it the Zeppelin LE D model.

#12126 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Punk, heavy metal, and rock n' roll...
I think Motörhead covers all the bases. [quoted image]

This would be my choice, after Taylor Swift of course.

I kid, I kid...

3 weeks later
#12711 3 years ago

I'm 47 this year, so I'm pretty much in the same wheelhouse as the rest of you guys in here. I want some older themes, but would still really like to see some newer themes as well

Queen - I don't understand why this one hasn't already happened.
Motley Crue - I'd rather see JJP do this one (and Queen)
Pokemon - No brainer if they could get the license.
Harry Potter - I won't go there again
Hunger Games - My wife would put down the deposit
Percy Jackson - based on all 5 books
My Hero Academia - The popularity of this anime is skyrocketing
Call of Duty - This would span many age groups
Dakar Rally - Something along the lines of a Banzai Run Sequel.

#12722 3 years ago

CoD isn't high on my list. I've actually never played a CoD game. I'm not big into FPS games, but I do enjoy 3rd person shooters, Kill Zone, and the Resistance series. Like PinMonk said the gameplay for a CoD theme pinball is there and like it or not, CoD falls into the nostalgic category. I know kids that would squad up in University like they were forming a real life club. Playing CoD in their dorm houses on every floor and in every room. They would design logos, and even get their teams crest printed onto clothing. MW3 was just one peak of this franchise. Hell, even the Jeep XJ was branded with the CoD logo.

CoD, GTA, NFS, and a shit ton of other 3 letter acronym games would sell a ton of pinball machines.

It's cool if you don't get it though. I don't get Munsters. I'm grasping at understanding Led Zeppelin.

#12763 3 years ago

Maybe that's your theme right there. Not John Wick, or Matrix, but a Keanu Reeves pin. A whole pin themed in dedication to Keanu Reeves.

2 weeks later
#13182 3 years ago
Quoted from Dogford_Studios:

I'd think a machine based on the HP world, without neccessarily following the movie storylines would work well. A Hogwarts machine could be amazing with the grand hall down the middle and various spell learning modes. Quidditch mini wizard modes, hat toy choosing various houses - Diagon Alley and the wand shop. Universal Studios in Orlando shows how it can be done.

This is the root I would go as well. I have envisioned doing a "Witches of Hogwart's" or "Dark Mark" or "
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes" pinball.

The pinball machine doesn't have to be the movie. I would prefer it follows the books. Roger asked how you would get all the movies into one pin? You don't but you could get 7 books in there. 7 modes, with sub-modes just like they did with Star Trek.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13202 3 years ago
Quoted from Pittsburghpins:

They should do first title only, Sorcerers Stone. Go with the movie poster for the back glass. Give it a Lord of the Rings look.
Hit start...
“You’re a wizard Harry”
[quoted image]

It was only called Sorcerers Stone in the USA. The rest of the world got the real title, Philosopher's Stone. Apparently, the publisher didn't think American readers would read it otherwise. Man, you guys really must have pissed off Scholastic.

If Stern does do HP, I can already see mods to correct the title being made.

1 week later
#13451 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This seems unrealistically high.
There are 261 weekdays in a year. Take out 21 to account for 21 days of holiday period and that leaves an even 240 working weekdays. Stern builds 50-70 pins a day. It was less during COVID until they got the line figured out, but they're back around 50 from what I've heard.
If you take 50/day as a consistent average, that's 12k pins a year. 60 would be 14.4k pins a year. Balls to the wall 70/day would be 16.8k a year. 20k isn't happening unless there's weekend work.

I thought I heard they were running two shifts? Two 8 hours shifts would be 480 working weekdays.

#13630 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

By the way, I still think one of the funniest moments in the movie is when Huey Lewis said "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud" And I still love that the name of Marty's band is the Pinheads LOL

This is a less funny scene to me nowadays since Huey was diagnosed with Meniere's disease and is facing hearing loss.

#13742 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Anyone else see this on Stern's Instagram just now?
[quoted image]

I think Jaws and Harry Potter can be ruled out based on the colours alone. BTTF probably too.

#13765 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

now that we have Zep, do we ever need another music pin?

Just Queen.

#13879 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

[quoted image]

Nice. I'm not down with the purple though. Maybe I'll prefer the premium artwork package.

#14205 3 years ago

Maybe something that is more in tune with today's youth? I would lose my shit.

Boku No Hero Academia

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#14207 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I would lean towards something with a little broader appeal.... [* whispers *] please be Godzilla.

Godzilla definitely has broader appeal. I won't argue that.

I would really like to see Stern branch out a bit, but I suppose the financial risk would be too great. Although... The did produce Munsters and WWE.

Oh, and I didn't mean me when I said "today's youth", although I'm 47 years young. Still a great anime series.

#14221 3 years ago

We are being Rick rolled...

2 weeks later
#14847 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If you want a board games, sh!+ just got real.
[quoted image]

You almost had me. Snakes and Ladders and I would have pre-ordered the LE.

Brainstorm! Has this one been mentioned before?
soap (resized).jpgsoap (resized).jpg

#14922 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Rick and Marty,
Production Power.
Technical aspects of an incredible track.
The idea here is when making a music pin it's not just about how awesome a band or songs are.
It's about understanding each track intimately and projecting it onto/into the game to make it next level.
Great mixing with quality hardware makes the difference between night and day.

This video was fantastic. Thanks for dropping it here. Going to check out the back catalogue.

2 weeks later
#15638 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Harry potter for life! Would be so great! For each chapter a

A pinball for each chapter is a little much. Maybe one for each book.

#15716 3 years ago
Quoted from Willys45:

I keep opening this thread and I have no idea why. I need help.

Same. This is like another Deeproot thread for me. 80 posts of nothing.

1 week later
#15809 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I know it will never happen but Schitt$ Creek would be a fun theme. So many funny call outs. A few ways you could play the pin based on the characters in the show. If you haven’t watched it yet check it out

Ha ha! Yeah, Schitt$ Creek would be awesome. Kim's Convenience could be fun too.

This one is more off topic, but Altered Carbon was a great Netflix show as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fifty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Fifty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.