Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FalconDriver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4011 4 years ago

Looks like Stern wants a piece of home market
from Arcade 1 as they are bringing out their
new SW retro game next year I believe.

1 year later
#9079 3 years ago

I would love to see Elwin and Yeti team up for this.

#9080 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

If Zeppelin is not next does any one have an idea of when it will come out.

Is Ritchie slated to do this as well? I'd imagine real soon as he is due for a pin.

#9108 3 years ago

Top Gun 2 with SR on board. Now it’s a December release I believe. Stern is overdue for a movie flick and a pin that coincides together. I mean something mainstream that captures other markets
especially in Europe.

#9283 3 years ago

If there would be another Tron it will coincide with the new release Disney is supposedly planning. All new movie material that would tie in well with the video display in the current platform.
A Tron Vault with only new cab decals maybe some new molded light cycle toys with old platform. No lighted ramps cause this will piss off LE owners.
I would rather see a Kiss vault or TWD Comic.

#9301 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why? What is the history of this?

No history with it. It’s Disney with a new movie that they’ll market every way possible including a pin release. Go either way, Stern or perhaps JJP will pursue. Just another Disney movie that will have mass appeal imo. They’re a merchandise monger.

2 weeks later
#9987 3 years ago

Nice all way around. Another home run with the Pro art. Dead Flip time!!

1 month later
#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern doesn’t get ideas for their multi million dollar pinball empire from pinside.

Seems a lot hype came about from Pinside for Ghostbusters but could be wrong.

3 months later
#13816 3 years ago

Mortal Kombat

#14109 3 years ago

GOT Pr Vault for me with new hand drawn art. Wishful thinking.

#14130 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I would really like to see Stern vault The Walking Dead. I need one in my collection. It would look good as a comic edition.
[quoted image]

No question TWD vault with comic art would be a great candidate. Another past game with much needed update with art.

#14131 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Who had them in stock?

I think Automated has them.

#14133 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Lmao.I get your point but when this pool of 80s metal pins keeps selling like they do why would they change anything ?

Personally I think VH and the Crue will get made.

1 week later
#14500 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I posted this 5 years ago... At the time I thought they would re-purpose / re-theme KISS...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You know with all these posts about Jaws I thought about this post while back with your pic on a pf. Great concept and yea perfect candidate to rehash the Kiss pf. That shark is way better looking than Gene! ha ha. Love to see that dinging buoy bash toy somewhere on here too. Maybe re purpose the Flying Dutchman ship mech in Stern's POTC.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14695 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hear 2 more Easter eggs in most recent Pinball show podcast. Topguns over at Stern and Maverick mentioned. Thats a few shows in a row with hints related to TopGun from Zack Meny.

Can see a revisited F14 into a TopGun by Ritchie.

#14698 3 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong is being released Mar 31 so would all the Godzilla hype be centered around this movie release? I would think May for pin release if it is based on this. But hopefully if based on the classic Godzilla that all are dreaming for I’m praying Elwin will have this.

#14704 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For what it's worth Kaneda has said the next Stern pin is a Brian Eddy machine, has Zombie Yeti art, is a modern theme (not 80s or 90s throwback), and is due out in a few weeks.

Interesting to see what Eddy would put together for his next pin especially with Zombie art. I haven't played Stranger Things yet but anxious to see whats next for him.

#14836 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whens the last time Stern released a movie theme with a movie release?

Maybe GOTG but when did that movie come out? Did the pin get released much later?

#14837 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Scooby Doo could actually be pretty cool with the right music and undertones. I can't wait for the mod that there is a blast of smoke out of the pin when the Mystery Machine doors open.

Has to be on the original series though imo.

#14877 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The pin came out 6 months after the sequel was released...does the game include Vol 2 audio/video?
Just seems too much for me that Stern has a whole bunch of knowledge aboit a Movie thst hasn't been released. Godzilla maybe because it wouldn't be based on the new movie

Never played it but I don't think it has any material from the second movie release so no there. Geez only one I can think of now was Stern's POTC based on Dead Mans Chest.

#14985 3 years ago

There's certainly a lot of BTTF merchandise at Target these days. What with those goofy looking six inch action figures?
I think Mortal Kombat is on its way next.

#15012 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stern...if you’re listening
TSPP VAULT:
TREEHOUSE OF HORROR!!!
[quoted image]

That would be cool for sure.

#15014 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Big MK fan back in the day but do we really need another 2D fighting LCD situation? Getting old already.

Yes I agree but good way to draw in the younger crowd on location instead of waiting for dad to purchase.

#15018 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:As much as I like DP and AIQ with those final blows, I don’t always realise I’m on that shot.
MKs final blow could be announced with “FINISH HIM” that alone would be worth a Pro
And you’ve got Ritchie already on the pay roll to do some voice over work.

I can see Eddy having his hands on this title not so much Ritchie. After BKSOR which I admire but might need a break from Ritchie call outs on this go around.

#15078 3 years ago

They way things are with production right now I don’t see them squeezing in a vault this year. Seems like too much out here for new cornerstone games this year.

#15079 3 years ago

Pray BTTF gets out later with Elwin on it so has a much better chance for a fantastic game. Eddy on MK. Wishful thinking.

#15083 3 years ago

$15k msrp easy for SLE. What was BM66 SLE years ago?

#15092 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I hope you’re all ready for a BTTF without MJ Fox. Or a cartoon version. Or one with only 5 scenes from the 3rd movie. The way Licencing has been going in pinball lately, I’m not getting my hopes up.
[quoted image]

For artwork I can see something like Ghostbusters that turned out with the cartoon style artwork from ZY.

1 week later
#15445 3 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I have to ask, “why do so many pinsiders drool over BTTF as a theme”? I loved the movies and think it would be a good theme with lots of potential. I am just not sure I understand the absolute love fest. What is it that is driving this that so many people would put an LE deposit down sight unseen based solely on Theme? Was this series of movie(s) popular overseas or is this just a North American thing?

Look how many AIQ LEs flooded the market after the buy first play later routine. It will happen again with BTTF I'm sure.
Just another nostalgic thing like Ghostbusters was in the 80s. Shitty material coming out of Hollywood anymore so why not go Back in Time and relive those special themes many around here grew up with.

#15450 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

not sure that is a good indicator. AIQ is an incredible game.

I agree that it is an incredible game.

#15538 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

You may be right about Kong vs. Godzilla, but chocolate and peanut butter together is AWESOME! [quoted image]

Can't live without these!

2 months later
#18628 2 years ago

I'm hoping for BTTF. Didn't Stern do a quick release soon after releasing one title in past? Feels soon like July maybe.

#18630 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Iron Maiden was.

Speaking of Iron Maiden looks like there is another run of premiums this summer.

#18633 2 years ago

Not sure. Just noticed premium w July build.

#18639 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So many good themes Stern has. In production are 15 titles ...
Mando
LZ
AIQ
TMNT
STh
EHOH
JP
BKSOR
Munsters
Beatles
DP
Maiden
GOTG
SW
BM66
There are still many great licenses left. What could be coming over the next five years ??? My top themes I’d like to see and by whom:
Stern make -
Movies /
Godzilla
James Bond
BTTF
Jaws
Die Hard
John Wick
Top Gun
Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Music /
Pink Floyd
Hendrix
Van Halen
Santana
Nirvana
Titles I’d like to see from JJP -
Toy Story
Matrix
Black Sabbath / Ozzie
Harry Potter
Spooky to do -
Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scooby-Doo
Beetlejuice
Pinball Bros have -
Queen
Leaving for American Pinball -
Young Frankenstein
Pee Wee’s Playhouse
Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
Zombieland Adventures
Predator

I would love to see a Die Hard and VH down the road.

1 week later
#18777 2 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

Speaking of, which distributors are taking preorders? i wanna get in line lol

Don't matter if you email them or call them they don't get back to you anyway. lol

1 month later
#19517 2 years ago

All I know is that I want my freakin Elvira. lol

#19540 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah Olivia was great but you can't beat Kylie

Yikes! Staying seated.

3 weeks later
#20095 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Bug at Spooky says The Thing is his favorite flick so maybe we’ll get two John Carpenter pins in a row from them. It sure as hell won’t be Stern who does it haha.

This for sure my wife would dig. It would be a great choice imo.

2 weeks later
#20999 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It's going up to $9195 according to Cointaker

Thats great. I have one on order since Feb. Was told just waiting on parts.

#21294 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Who has the foggy leaked photos?
[quoted image]

This made my Monday!

#21651 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

SAME SAME .... BUT DIFFERENT ... BUT STILL SAME.[quoted image][quoted image]

Plenty of metal in all three.

#21652 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Not saying anything bad about Rush or BTTF but man how kick ass would THIS be as a pin! [quoted image]

Would love for this to happen as well as The Thing.

#21723 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok. Pee Wee Herman pin. Don't fight it.
[quoted image]

As long as the special toy isn't a movie theater!

Ok. So what exactly is the Big Adventure.

10 months later
#28650 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Well put .I’m looking to understand vaults as I imagine that they vaulted previous popular themes in times where new releases have not sold what they thought they would .Does this sound correct ? My thing with them ,as I have a few on my radar that I would jump for , is the fear of a vault coming out and devaluing the one purchased .Am I nuts or is this just part of pinball ?

I purchased my original Iron Man like 9 years ago and paid handsomely for it since they were hard to come by at the time. Stern announces they are doing a vault soon after my transaction. Much cheaper for what I laid out for mine! You never know what they will do. But it was a good seller for them.

#28651 1 year ago

"No More Tears" if it's an Ozzy pin!

#28654 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

I think its going to be ozzy for sure now. They took down the post from their Insta. Either they having a go and executing some top tier trolling, or they didnt mean to pop the news just yet.

Yea I think so. New album, new tour, his presence at the con to promote it. Stern and Ozzy!

#28658 1 year ago

McFarlane has history there with Ozzy with his action figures years back and now the new album underway and tour. Probably be an Ozzy pin as next music pin very soon down the road. Wishful thinking as we shall see. Venom McFarlane comic is next imo. A lot going on in that booth!

#28659 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Has stern ever announced a new game at comic con? I know they have brought recently announced games there first. But I cannot recall an actual announcement there. Anyone know for sure?

Pretty sure as I think in 2019 with Black Knight release. Scott Ian was there for the game album sale.

#28692 1 year ago

ozzycomiccon (resized).jpgozzycomiccon (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#29487 1 year ago

The way it looked at Comic Con it looks like Venom. Think Ozzy will be next music pin after.

4 weeks later
#32029 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'll never tell!
But ask yourself this: Stern will make any theme if you type it into Pinside enough (Rush... Munsters FFS!) Where's Jaws and BTTF? Unless of course... The assets available don't make a pin feasible.

Yes this is why we got Ghostbusters!

6 months later
#36759 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

This, to me at least, makes infinitely more sense than a Venom pin. I mean...who doesn't like Spider-Man? It's been 15 years since Ritchie's version...

That would just be sick. Love to see this.

2 months later
#37325 10 months ago

It’s coming. Hang in there!

#37326 10 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If McFarlane did the artwork (which is highly unlikely) then I think I would have to get my first ever LE. So it will be good if it’s in fact Zombie Yeti art…it will save me from myself.

Wouldn’t it lean more to McFarlane with that whole Comic Con thing last summer?

1 week later
#37395 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know the next 7 games, and the seventh one is BTTF. But don't ask me how I know.

Do you know when you are getting your Queen? Ha

#37396 10 months ago

Fake….fake news.

2 weeks later
#37657 10 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeah when I said I 100% guarantee it's Dwight coding BTTF I meant I 100% believe it to be true as it just makes the most sense. Dwight is the absolute best at coding moments (see SW and Mando) and BTTF is loaded with special moments. Dwight has been at the center of numerous rumors over the years as well.

No question he should have plenty of material to work with.

#37658 10 months ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

I would love a Tron pin.

Stern would be stupid not to bring a load back.

#37691 9 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Last podcast interview I heard earlier this year he strongly hinted it was likely coming

Yes I heard to. Triple Drain podcast w guest Gomez.

#37693 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All of the manufacturers read pinside .
You'll often hear on podcast interviews , Gomez , Jack , Bug , Fix or other people from company's mentioning things that have been talked about on pinside .
A lot of the big names in pinball manufacturing have pinside accounts .

I believe this is how we got Ghostbusters. Stern listened to Pinside.

#37937 9 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ve been lobbying for a Jaws pin since 2012. Best I got was Ben Gardners head in TWD fish tank. If Stern makes Jaws 3 a pin, no Orca, no Quint, no Brody, not even a Hooper…
Im gonna hang myself with a long rope off a short pier. [quoted image]

We would get a one liner callout from Quint like Nedry in JP. That’s it.

#37939 9 months ago

Seems like the lines will be busy in the fall with all comics. Venom and more Deadpool.

1 week later
#38399 9 months ago

There is a CHANCE we get a teaser video today.

Quit teasing!

1 week later
#39035 9 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Only vault that makes sense is Stranger Things.

Yea I agree. On location, keeping up with what’s in now would make sense. Another season coming I guess. I love playing the pro on location.

#39057 9 months ago

Tron vault. Nah. When it’s time for the next Tron movie if and when it comes out a new pin will emerge from that film.

6 months later
#44428 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Iceman's bar sounds open tonight

Keep them comin partner!

#44430 3 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Another Indiana Jones? Is it really needed?

After the last two movies. No.

#44432 3 months ago

Sounds like Journey is on its way. Would prefer Black Sabbath but seems Ozzy is on the horizon. Sure hope they get those callouts from him soon!

#44476 3 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I don’t think we’d be able to understand the callouts now

Oz would still be better than what Dreyfuss did.

3 weeks later
#45294 64 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's going to be tough to top the original MET pin so why not do a single level design like JB60th or Beatles? I believe Gomez did the Beatles game and modeled it off of Seawitch. I would buy a modern Metallica single level game modeled off Stargazer or Quicksilver. Especially if you could also play the original ruleset.

I believe they will revisit this now that PF is getting out.

#45295 64 days ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

New Pin? KISS after the final show has now happened after 50 years, Avatars to come. The Netflix documentary 'Shout it out Loud' coming. FF, IM is not even in the ballpark in design, gameplay etc IMO. KISS are hard to get in Mint Cond. Opinion please from the forum?

I can easily see Gene saying yes to another pin. Great game! 50th Ed.

#45502 60 days ago

An updated take on Simpsons with tons of video assets would be super cool. They can even theme it to make it stand out from the other offerings by doing Treehouse of Horror. [quoted image]

I would love to see a TOH. Simpsons can easily be revisited.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FalconDriver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=FalconDriver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.