dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExSquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19147 2 years ago

b857005908dec4066f86bfb25df92591 (resized).jpgb857005908dec4066f86bfb25df92591 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#20054 2 years ago
F6D177AC-857C-42F2-934D-0A7320AB81E5 (resized).jpegF6D177AC-857C-42F2-934D-0A7320AB81E5 (resized).jpeg
#20058 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Your avatar is one of my favorite Movies, I want that… Thing in a Pinball

Could you imagine?! Id be all over it.

#20292 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Totally stoked for the new Stern Tech. Plan on adding it to all my games.
Think Godzilla , Goonies, Loki, Jaws or BTFF would just break Supply Chain .
Unless Stern's got that issue worked out... Wonder if they expanded if they could catch up
if all those issues were a mute point.

JAWS .....pleeeeeeeeaaaaaassseeee stern make this happen!

#20295 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Totally stoked for the new Stern Tech. Plan on adding it to all my games.
Think Godzilla , Goonies, Loki, Jaws or BTFF would just break Supply Chain .
Unless Stern's got that issue worked out... Wonder if they expanded if they could catch up
if all those issues were a mute point.

Agreed I feel the same about it!

#20391 2 years ago

DUDE! ....use whatever connections you have or think you have to make this happen! haha

#20569 2 years ago

So being new to this, how does this typically go down? Do they release LE’s first then slowly roll out the others or do they release a mix of all of the models at once?

1 week later
#21395 2 years ago
godzilla.gifgodzilla.gif
#21489 2 years ago

So we going to see Insider Connect upgrades get released this week or next also im guessing along side with Zilla?

#21499 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Looks very cool. Congratulations to everyone getting one. Awesome!
I really like Jeremy's art as well. I know nothing about Godzilla but this type of style is attractive to me when looking at pinball machines. (ghostbusters,tmnt)
r/
Mike

Aye chief!

#21505 2 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I think the game looks amazing, and has some really nice toys too, love the steel ramps, multilevel building and collapsing bridge.
I know nothing about Toho but the game visually looks great to me, prefer the comic art over anything else (SW comic also looked way better).
Only thing that probably is going to annoy me is the music and monotone voice, hope it is kept to a limit and more focused on the effect sounds.
Hope that reservation for an LE comes through, if not then a premium will do, the grey armor paint doesn't look that special anyway.

They can always add/change some of that with updates. Agreed love the comic style to this!

#21630 2 years ago

Love it! But that back sculptor be like…..

3CBA0BA4-E2AC-49F4-B0BE-5EF2226D6DA6 (resized).jpeg3CBA0BA4-E2AC-49F4-B0BE-5EF2226D6DA6 (resized).jpeg
#21632 2 years ago

Not saying anything bad about Rush or BTTF but man how kick ass would THIS be as a pin!

Clash+of+the+Titans+2+web (resized).jpgClash+of+the+Titans+2+web (resized).jpg
#21825 2 years ago

I keep thinking on RUSH it should be as soon as you let the plunger go Tom Sawyer starts. That first note would be perfect for that!

#21871 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

BLACK SABBATH
or
VENOM

Sabbath

#21897 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Love the back alley brawl in they live. I wonder if that scene holds up today.

Best fight scene in ANY movie to this day!

1 week later
#22053 2 years ago

You guys have it ALL wrong.....I have inside word that the next Theme is.....

617AkHxIRcL (resized).jpg617AkHxIRcL (resized).jpg
#22057 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My money is on Batman LEGO Movie[quoted image]

haha

2 months later
#23524 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

Stern seems intent on developing ~3 cornerstones year + special projects and they have no trouble selling out their entire production capacity + vaults if needed. As long as that is their model the size of the fan base for a specific theme doesn't matter as much as cost for the ip and how it overlaps other active licenses. Pins are expensive, large durable goods. Few are willing & able to buy every single one even if they are all perfect dream themes.
When Stern picks a theme over something that seems obvious it's because that's not the goal. They're asking "Does this IP have enough demand to sell out a few runs before the license runs out and what other sales is it going to cannibalize?" If they overestimate demand it ends as WWE/Beatles. If they underestimate demand they just slot in another run. Multiple niches cover many more customers than a generic target buyer.
When I bought IMDN friends were happy for me but clearly thought I was crazy. Rush doesn't do anything for me but I'm out of the market for awhile anyway. Over the weekend I mentioned it was likely up next and one of those friends immediately reacted in a way I can only describe as "Shut Up And Take My Money." I'm happy for him and saving a seat in asylum.

I have a Maiden GOTG and Golden tee golf in the basement. EVERYONE goes right to the IMDN. Everyone.....

1 month later
#25239 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I would LOVE a WWII themed pin! The possibilities and endless resources for that .....just think! Taking out Subs and the Luftwaffe . The LCD screen videos incorporated into it would be amazing.

170126-wwii-poster-08 (resized).jpg170126-wwii-poster-08 (resized).jpg
#25245 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Best theme idea ever! So many pivotal battles for modes. I wonder if there are some licensing they would have to pay for...

EXACTLY!!! so many options.

#25252 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could be a great theme. There's so much potential content. It could be played out like a hex-based strategy game, where you can win-lose battles, which changes what's available to you, and if you lose too many battles, it's game over. Because of the win-lose dynamic that affects what's going on in the war at large, each game would be a little different. I could see it being a great pin, and Nazis are great bad guys, so as long as you don't get into the details of their wartime atrocities and bum people out, they're a great foil to energize players.[quoted image]

That's an awesome idea, like a push forward on the battlefield if you win , if you lose you lose ground. Or whatever......so much potential!

#25255 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think it would make a great theme . This is the thread I started 3 years ago .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-world-war-ii-make-a-good-theme
I would even break it down to titles like , The Western Front , D-Day , Pearl Harbour , Pacific War , ect .
You could pick which side you wanted to play as , have a four player game and see who conquers the most countries .
But you will have the usual group of people saying , that you're having fun at the expense of people who died and you are insensitive .
It's funny how no one blinks an eye if it's a video game like Medal of Honour or Call of Duty but if it's a pinball machine suddenly you're an evil prick .

I like that a lot, before you play you pick your battle. Honestly though, why hasn't this been done before being the age of most of us who own and buy these things? You would THINK it would be a great hit with most of us! right?

#25256 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's funny how no one blinks an eye if it's a video game like Medal of Honour or Call of Duty but if it's a pinball machine suddenly you're an evil prick .

Is that really how it goes around here? Please tell me no.

#25258 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Have a look through my old thread , I remember there being some pretty negative comments .
I love your avatar , we used to call my stepfather Klyuts

Ugh! smh......

haha yeah I still remember seeing Flash Gordon in the theatres as a kid!

#25264 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

The big issue I see is that a theme like WW2 would probably need to take itself pretty seriously and there wouldn't be a lot of room for "fun" callouts or anything. I kind of feel like the gameplay options for such a theme would work quite well but the overall experience would tend to, and almost need to, feel much too somber for a fun game.

Eh, I would look at it like a Call of Duty game like screaminr said. If nobody had any "fun" there wouldn't be endless amounts of board games or video games associated with this like there are.

3 weeks later
#25707 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Codename for Jaws.... [quoted image]

I would be all over that.

#25739 2 years ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

I would love me some shitter's full multiball.

I think you're on to something there!

1 month later
#26445 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I just watched Jaws for the 900th time but I think it had been at least 25 years since I saw it last… still holds up well, of course it is dated but they did an excellent job. It is a good classic let’s say.
I dont know how well it will translate into a modern pinball sonce there isnt really a lot to go off rules wise, but it can be fun I think.

A JAWS would be the only thing to maybe make me think about getting rid of my Iron Maiden.

#26455 2 years ago
4AAFF495-90CB-467B-9722-26A5AC419D26.gif4AAFF495-90CB-467B-9722-26A5AC419D26.gif
#26494 2 years ago
Quoted from Mothers_freak:

A Black Sabbath or Cobra Kai would be a instant buy for me.
Not to mention The Warriors (1979 movie).

The music from The Warriors alone would make me buy one.

#26496 2 years ago
Quoted from cartert:

Warriors come out and play

Love the old late 70s early 80s synth stuff. Especially the John Carpenter movies.

3 weeks later
#26821 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Blade was the movie that saved Marvel Studios.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/marvel-mcu-blade-wesley-snipes-video-1202131077/amp/
Blade pinball please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Blade 2 is still my favorite Vamp movie. A pin would be great!

1 week later
#27142 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

There is a lot to be optimistic about with Stern Pinball
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Jarvis

Love Jarvis’s games since I was a kid. Still do.

2 months later
#29073 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What about the best of both world's , classic theme with a great soundtrack .
[quoted image]

Kong HAS to happen now that Godzilla is out. Has to....

#29076 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't know why it hasn't been done lately , it's a no-brainer .
I can picture Kong grabbing and throwing a couple of balls across the Playfield T-Rex Style .

Yes! like Mary Shelly's Frankenstein monster! I miss that game , my first pinball in my home.

#29103 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

And then Insider Connected can let you play Godzilla vs. Kong between two tables... somehow! (I'm an ideas guy, not an implementation one, at least when it comes to this ).

Hire this man!!!!

1 week later
#29545 1 year ago

I’m out until a game with the letters a , j , w, and s comes out.

#29547 1 year ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I agree. After several versions of Starwars pinballs, the lack of Jawas is rather disturbing. Why must they be excluded all the time. Even C3PO distespected them in a new hope.
[quoted image]

Agreed! they are totally misrepresented! Smh....

#29643 1 year ago
well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gifwell-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif
#29839 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Elf is code name for Kevin Hart. The first comedian pin.

A comedian pin?.......hang on....

umpire-vomits.gifumpire-vomits.gif
#29852 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Wow! Didn't need to see that while eating my lunch. Give a guy a little warning!

haha Ill send up a flare next time !

#29915 1 year ago

I'm going to be put on double super secret probation for saying this but ..........

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#29998 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

In the latest Stern Factory Friday video (https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=403944975056820) you can see the underside of a playfield in the background (roughly 0:15 mark) that I can't place. It appears to have 2 or 3 subways, and is clearly not a Star Wars playfield. Here's a few screen grabs. Excuse the low res, it's the best I could capture. First pic is mystery PF; second is a SW PF from the same video.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If I squint reeeeeaaaaalllly hard I can see a shark and a boat named ORCA.

#30002 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

30000 posts
Subways obviously for Big Trouble In Little China
[quoted image]

Only if they put a 6 demon bag bash toy in it.

#30386 1 year ago

Now we are just being F’d with ….. they are both on right now ……. JAWS and BTTF. For those that were going to say Big mommas house
BCC5848F-A162-48B0-86D7-8C54773FBE4A (resized).jpegBCC5848F-A162-48B0-86D7-8C54773FBE4A (resized).jpeg

#30695 1 year ago

Send it!!!

200.gif200.gif
#30787 1 year ago
next-week-next.gifnext-week-next.gif
#30803 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think it is going to be Bond next.

Booooo, money saving time then. Always a plus.

#30957 1 year ago

HALEN, there I said it.

#31033 1 year ago
mr-bean-waiting.gifmr-bean-waiting.gif
#31231 1 year ago

People need to stop posting Star Wars in here. I have enough pressure on myself to keep from buying/trading for one.

#31262 1 year ago

Not going to sleep until they announce .

0EA16E4A-2CD6-490C-BEE5-7916FF055250.gif0EA16E4A-2CD6-490C-BEE5-7916FF055250.gif
#31449 1 year ago
Quoted from Three60in:

Stern definetly needs to get hooked up with Nintendo there are multiple licences tbey could run
- mario
- zelda
- mariokart
- donkey kong
- Pokemon ( fun fact this is currently the largest IP)

How many 30-60 year old's are going to buy a Pokemon machine? ...Wait DONT answer that, I don't want to know.

#31452 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Pokemon started in the late 90's, so people that are now 30ish were the original demo. And Pokemon never left the mainstream. It would be a HUGE game if ever made.

I suppose so, I mean I get the nostalgia factor them.

#31460 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Look how many people are buying TS4 just for their kids even though they know it's a shit pin. I'm sure pokemon would make a shit ton of money for operators though

True

#31748 1 year ago

Where is it?!?!?

choking-caddie.21a085d1.gifchoking-caddie.21a085d1.gif
#31781 1 year ago

We were using the wrong calendar the whole time.

cut-out-top-view.small_-e1496784211998 (resized).jpgcut-out-top-view.small_-e1496784211998 (resized).jpg
#31848 1 year ago

baby-asleep.gifbaby-asleep.gif
#32232 1 year ago
C9F948E5-4265-48A4-B778-5EAD9B77A15F.gifC9F948E5-4265-48A4-B778-5EAD9B77A15F.gif
3 weeks later
#33347 1 year ago

The next music pin...

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#33443 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]

Gotta downvote that sorry, gonna go cry in a corner now.

#33483 1 year ago
C7322252-6B77-4568-A4B9-F63BC7021EF0.jpegC7322252-6B77-4568-A4B9-F63BC7021EF0.jpeg
#33484 1 year ago
6C96BC60-EAB2-46C5-AE0E-7AB01C7CC8CA.gif6C96BC60-EAB2-46C5-AE0E-7AB01C7CC8CA.gif
1 week later
#33660 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This would make such an epic pin. But Stern would never touch it. If you havnt seen it I highly recommend it. One of the best films I’ve seen in a long time and it is beyond badass.
[quoted image]

Cool movie but the trailer seemed to make it seem there was more action than there actually was. I like the " mood" of this movie, almost reminded me of Valhalla Rising. Almost...

#33690 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Seeing them this coming Tuesday in Minnesota. Not the same without Brockie.

Agreed

2 weeks later
#33856 1 year ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

If it's Megadeth my wallet is screwed.

Same.

#33910 1 year ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

For the love of God people, please shut the F##k up about Back to the Future.
[quoted image]

Quoted from chad:

[quoted image]

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#33961 1 year ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I know this sounds crazy but what about a Christmas pin?

Im down with that, ONLY if this is the only song played the whole time.

1 month later
#34872 1 year ago

Do it!

wonder-wheel-ferris-wheel.gifwonder-wheel-ferris-wheel.gif
#34890 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is good! Relatively speaking, How expensive could this cult classic license really be? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the most expensive one ever bought, 1 the least, is it a 3? And that just makes me wonder if anyone knows what actually was the most expensive license in pinball?

My bets on Bond.

#34894 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm going to guess it was actually Beatles... but I'm talking out my butt.

Maybe , but didn't they only take small snippits of the songs and whatnot?

#34920 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

If this next run if Iron Maiden sells well…..maybe they’ll follow it with Megadeth!!

Can you imagine Holy Wars cranking up when you hit the start button!? Man.....

200w.gif200w.gif
1 week later
#35054 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

SDTM teased off the next vault being a SAM game. Said it initially wasn’t well received

Im pretty sure they also mentioned it was based off of a movie.

#35057 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

At first I thought IJ? Movie coming out-hell yea! then I had another thought-Avaturd! Doh!

As much as everyone says its not happening, I'm hoping its Ghostbusters. New movie for that is coming also!

#35059 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well if we are talking about SAM-Ghostbusters is Spike
May be a vault Ghostbusters? But if I had to guess I would guess Avaturd. SAM game not well received-new movie just released, new Disney dude at the helm-it all adds up

Ah you're right, ........disregard.

Kills me though I missed the boat on GB. Now they are at a price out of my reach.

#35099 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well , old school Godzilla's are .
The younger crowd are into claw machines and shooting games .
When they eventually get bored of those they might find pinball , but probably through friends and family with a pin in their house .

Kind of agree, I have a daughter and 8 nieces and nephews only 3 of them love the pinball machines. And 2 REALLY love them , enough to create an IC ID to log in with. We just need enough to keep carrying the torch!

#35101 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Curious , how did they discover pinball , through an arcade or you .

Me , I had a Bride of Pinbot in my house for years. The the last couple of years I got very lucky and have 3 games now. Now I have the full blown disease and cant look back.

#35104 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've watched quite a few YouTubers going to arcades and they point out the claw machines , push machines and stuff like the Jurassic Park shooter games . Then they will say" oh there's a row pinball machines down the back " and won't even go and look at them . Even if you had a Pokemon pinball they wouldn't even be bothered to go check it out .
Like PinMonk pointed out , twitch is probably the best way to reach the younger crowd .

yeah, we went to a waterpark with the kids this past September upstate NY , they had a HUGE arcade but it was all redemption games! I was like what the hell?!? So I yelled at clouds for 5 minutes then went and drank a beer.

#35109 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Yep, I have three kids 7, 9 and 11 and I have to practically beg them to play my machines at home with me. Oh well.

I've been trying to say where you're from in my head correctly all morning.

#35114 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Moo-Lool-Aba..easy (pronounce the last as abah, don't do the first part like you're a cow either )

well that's fun! Now I have to move there!

2 weeks later
#35420 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Look what's on TV , must be a sign
[quoted image]

Best one in the series!

#35434 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

TV keeps suggesting great themes , come on Stern or anyone else .
[quoted image]

0c3e077f-401e-4874-b019-219e4ac5443e_text.gif0c3e077f-401e-4874-b019-219e4ac5443e_text.gif
3 weeks later
#36187 1 year ago

Since we are all wishful thinking here , I want a game based SOLEY on this guy.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#36198 1 year ago
Quoted from BW1029:

Have been a longtime casual player and now a new owner of a Bond Prem. I'm already hooked and am plotting on what my 2nd machine should be(pending wife approval of course). Honest question though with all this discussion about themes. I appreciate a good theme but how do you weight theme vs layout/playability. I know its ultimately personal opinion but it feels like such a hard decision when committing to one game to own and play vs. feeding quarters wherever my heart desired.

I started buying games over a little over a year ago and bought games dependent on themes. The more games I play and try the more I'm finding out I like games more for different reasons. I recently got SW Pre. and enjoy that the most so far out of all my games just based on the speed and flow alone.

#36394 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

We'll see, but I'm not the biggest fan of fast pins and that would be my reason for going Prem
...for me at least, it's all about the flow

Isn't fast and flow the same? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just I'm just curious as what other people think. I feel they kind of mean the same thing to me. Like they "go together" as far as pins go. Premium on this looks awesome.

#36397 1 year ago
Quoted from Heatmiser:

Pinball is subjective at the end of the day...

Of course! I was just wondering. Star Wars has both the flow and fast speed I've been loving lately. I hear RUSH Pro is like that also. I have only played the premium.

1 week later
#36584 1 year ago

If its JAWS I'm selling some of my body parts for an LE.

#36611 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Mom needs a new liver, let me know.

I was in the NAVY, I don’t think anyone would want it.

#36614 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was USMC, ill take it!

Haha! It’s yours brother!

#36626 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Your Devil Dog body will reject it. Its not strong enough. Maybe for someone in the "Chair"-force. lol. Army Vet here

Someone from the Scouts would have to donate to them.

3 weeks later
#36918 1 year ago

I have dreams of a " Smile you Son of a".....kill shot mode in JAWS when it comes out.

#36926 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Give me The Warriors.
I caaaaan diiig it!
[quoted image]

The opening music with the Wonder Wheel still gives me chills.

#36937 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I dunno about that man. How about Van Helsing with Van Halen music?? [quoted image]

Hire this man!

1 week later
#37026 11 months ago
Quoted from RA77:Brian Eddie Venom with some Ozzy sound tracks.
I'll bet 24hr sell out for the LE easy.

Yup, This face staring at you in your game room alone will sell the thing!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#37033 11 months ago

Nice! So are we all still speculating a JAWS 50th anniversary release? Man i sure hope so....

3 weeks later
#37198 11 months ago

Only because I think this would be the most bad ass Translite.

The Dollars Trilogy would be a better pin though.

thumb-1920-213598 (resized).jpgthumb-1920-213598 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#37428 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Gomez also said he was offered Big Trouble In Little China but he said he didn't know what to do with it ( or words to that effect )
With Beetlejuice and BTILC they passed on two of the most requested Titles , .

Really?? smh....

#37481 10 months ago

How about....

MV5BM2IwOWE4ODgtNWNhNS00YjYyLThjZjYtMzNlMGIyNTIyZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpgMV5BM2IwOWE4ODgtNWNhNS00YjYyLThjZjYtMzNlMGIyNTIyZWMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1OTEzMzc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg
#37624 9 months ago

If they are going to go JAWS 3D just go all out and bring it to the next level and go here....

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#37628 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I highly recommend this video which covers that movie (and two others). It's batshit insane

Ill check it out! Thanks

#37788 9 months ago

Man, Knapp arcade keeps....."saying stuff". Now King Kong is on my brain. I gotta maintain focus....cant waver from JAWS.....stay focused..

#37793 9 months ago

Stay on target![quoted image]

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#37858 9 months ago

I'll turn in my man card on the way out the door.

Thats getting off to easy, burn it, hahah.

#37920 9 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Would go great with Godzilla!
[quoted image]

Godzilla on the left Kong on the right JAWS in the middle.

#37995 9 months ago

All I know is I want them to implement this on the screen when using an External Volume control. Everything else is just fluff.

VcPV.gifVcPV.gif
#38052 9 months ago

I live on Long Island, if there was ever a time to release JAWS now is the time to do it!

You hear that STERN?!?

https://www.businessinsider.com/5-shark-attacks-reported-long-island-new-york-8-2022-2023-7

#38331 9 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Is this the part where we convince ourselves we have wanted Venom all along?

This guy gets it.

#38425 9 months ago

So what’s the deal everyone here showing up to comic con with this on?

IMG_8610 (resized).jpegIMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#38965 9 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

I'm in on Elwin Jaws. It's wife approved already which greatly helps the situation. Quote. "We'll figure out a way to get it."

I got the same thing from my wife. We can fit ONE more downstairs, and that is going to be it!

#39241 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just joking Rolls
I'm sure they will have full assets , with all the actors , film clips with voices and the "show me to way to go home" song

And ill play it ALL day long until " Im tired and I wanna go to bed"!

#39400 8 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

That has not been my experience. My kids (now 22 and 27) have always had pins in the house growing up. Both always respected the machines and my oldest now has her own pin in her appointment.

This was months ago, my lineup is changed but my daughter LOVES the games. Will even pull up her stool and watch me play.

IMG_3649 (resized).jpegIMG_3649 (resized).jpeg

#39406 8 months ago

This is like a flashback for me! My daughter has been playing since her arms could get around the machine. She also had a step stool like your daughter. As I mentioned she is now 27 and has a LOTR at home (wedding gift from me) and plays in tournaments. She also started the local Belles and Chimes chapter and putting on another tournament in a few weeks. Pinball has been great for our family. Nice to see that you seem to be on a similar path!

Gotta keep it going!!! That’s an awesome wedding gift ! Yeah she’s in a “ Spider-Man “ phase so I “accidentally” showed her VENOM so ….. yeah. But my money is being saved for JAWS or BTTF . Whenever that happens .

#39415 8 months ago

Hunt one down on location. Me and my kids have driven all over for pins and always make it an adventure.

There’s a few places on Long Island that opened up in the last couple of years. We had NOTHING out here so it’s pretty awesome. Hopefully when she grows up she can mop everyone up in the women’s tournaments

#39472 8 months ago

I want to be first in line to pre order an LE of this

mqdefault (resized).jpgmqdefault (resized).jpg
1 week later
#39858 8 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Gotcha. So maybe they'll sell about half as many as they did of RUSH .

Hah! RUSH truly is the ....but I love the damned thing!

#39905 8 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Top of wish list forever.
Really would like to see this happen in the near future.
Hoping there is a designer at Stern Pinball that wants to take it on.
Vic Rattlehead is perfect mascot for crazy taunting callouts.
Dave Mustaine would be awesome for callouts as well.
Suggested start for setlist for the most awesome metal pin with technical excellence
in no particular order, juke box a must as well please !
Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace[quoted image][quoted image]

Funny you say this 2 of my favorite bands get crapped on constantly because the singer " sounds weird". RUSH and Megadeth! "Oh, I'll be the first in line" For a Megadeth pin.

#40185 8 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

I just love pinball, some are for me, some are not, but they all have something that I love... flippers, a silver ball, and a moment away from life's burdens.

This 100%
This is my escape from BS daily life stuff. Keep it positive!

#40222 8 months ago

Back on track.....

7wf8xr (resized).jpg7wf8xr (resized).jpg

Still assuming its coming...

#40328 7 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Would enjoy seeing Pixar’s Monsters Inc

Yes! My daughter would force my wife to agree to this one haha

#40372 7 months ago

To help the cause

IMG_9500 (resized).jpegIMG_9500 (resized).jpeg
#40443 7 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just like all the 'psychics', nobody remembers their dumb predictions unless they guess one right, and then suddenly it's "see I told you so".

Kind of like a meteorologist. 50% chance of rain. Cant be wrong!

#40502 7 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Barbie for you! ExSquid ! Lol!

1 week later
#40662 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’m 99% sure they are doing more stranger premiums but with new art this time. Gonna be a while yet prob a year at least.

You think its going to be that long out? I mean there has been a lot of "talk" about this lately. I try to take everything with a grain of salt. But I pray to CROM every night that this gets announced by next month or November.

Plus didn't that guy who just broke a world record for longest game play Stranger Things?

Dont mind me....

1j1pyb (resized).jpg1j1pyb (resized).jpg
#40664 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

You pray to Crom?[quoted image]

Yes only for pinball wishes.

7y2o6y (resized).jpg7y2o6y (resized).jpg
#40685 7 months ago

Monthly Reminder, Next Cornerstone Stern pin due out around 21 November 2023. This is based solely off of their previous release schedule. Please see note quoted above that the likely Novemberish pin will likely not be Pro/Premium/LE. This is an unscientific approach, but it did predict the release of Venom to the day.

Still think they are going to keep doing the " home style " stuff? I'm hoping you're right about the vault thing.

#40687 7 months ago

I can forsee a couple things assuming they release a new pin that is not pro/premium/le.
1. Godzilla Homestyle Pin. Their most popular pin ever. They have all the assets and art. They would just have to crank out a new playfield design. Stern has to keep the factory running somehow and they have not released a new home game since JP... which was excellent for what it is.
2. Vault. Most likely a Stranger things but they could come out of left field with something crazy like a Tron vault with LCD art... although this is unlikely they've never done it).
3. New Kaminkow pin like BM66, EHOH, or Beatles. Would be a premium/le pin. Could be Jaws, but I don't see that being the theme. I think if it is Kaminkow it would be something we don't expect. I could see them doing something like a reskin of Quicksilver into another older band pin like they did with Seawitch/Beatles.
4. New "LE" runs of a few pins. Godzilla Monster Edition (now with glitter!), Goldfinger 60th... something like what they just did with JP... but I think they will liekly wait a while before they do another rerun of an LE.
If you put a gun up to my head I'd say 40% chance homestyle pin, 30% chance vault of something we really want (ST/TRON), 20% Kaminkow Pin (Jaws?), 10% new LE run of pins.
Don't get me wrong I think there will be more LE runs as a course of business for Stern, but I think it will be in addition to whatever they have cooked up in November to get us to open our wallets for Christmas time.

I just sold my RUSH and am itching to pull the trigger on something, trying to stay strong for what I "think" is coming out and soon.

#40693 7 months ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Dune would probably work well as a pinball machine.

Absolutely, the Sardaukar Chant in the backround while playing would be insane!

#40702 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rush Vault is coming just for you!!!

Haha nice

1 week later
#40863 7 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Not available yet...

This guy knows what's up.

1 week later
#41040 6 months ago

Getting my back ready to carry one of these down into my basement.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#41043 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why? It's a Stern.
And on the pricing discussion, it's not going to surprise me if it's 13K premium and 15k LE to keep this crazy higher price desensitization going and pushing the market boundaries with the narrative that 'hey, this is different, it's special, It's what you asked for, more expensive bom, smaller run, and a vault!'

We'll see, I have my price points if its over that ill look for something else. Simple.

#41050 6 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Might be another LE not a premium.

No, just a premium with " normal ISH" pricing please....please

sign-of-the-cross-498-x-375-gif-b9yy3lkl9m7inn8p.gifsign-of-the-cross-498-x-375-gif-b9yy3lkl9m7inn8p.gif
#41058 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Would be nice if it came with the UV kit preinstalled.

I’m willing to bet my POG collection that is going to happen.

#41103 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Correct. One of my dealers just emailed me back and said they haven't heard anything from Stern yet.

I know nothing about this stuff but are the dealers allowed to say anything before STERN does? Honest question.

#41110 6 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Right now it is speculative info. Dealers do not have an official announcement and why would they. They just released Venom and they are trying to capitalize on Venom sales not Stranger Things. Just like a car dealer trying to sell 2023 models right before 2024 arrive-there is no mention of 2024 while trying to get rid of 2023 models. Unless Stern is struggling with current sales I can't see them making an official announcement for another month or so-they need more time to try and push Venom sales.

True but they did announce another GOTG run, so I don't know what to believe.

#41176 6 months ago

Fuck me my head is spinning. If I stroke out I want you guys to know it's been a blast.

Can I have your Megadeth records if you have any?

#41183 6 months ago

I only listen to punk rock, Huey Lewis and the News, and Marvin Berry.

Maybe you're just not ready for it, But your kids are going to love it!

#41224 6 months ago

What time are we expecting this at?

At work smashing F5 on Sterns Twitter page. I'm ashamed.

#41253 6 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

The kids will all be forty-seven years old and Vecna will have a four-pronged cane by the time the final season airs.

Should make for some good fight scenes!

#41259 6 months ago
Quoted from underlord:Line up and pay. Limited time run of 2-3 years only or until you’ll are milked dry.
For the guy smashing the F5 key…stop it. You’re better than this.

* raises hand* that was me

But I’d like to think THIS is what made the difference

IMG_0723 (resized).jpegIMG_0723 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#41499 6 months ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Make it so!!
[quoted image]

Ive said this also!
A main toy that is the car that you bash and " fixes " itself after completing a mode.

christine-car.gifchristine-car.gif
#41684 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Speaking of goonies....
Just ran into this on Michael Barnard {artist for Rush) Instagram... random?
[quoted image]

Nice find !

1 week later
#41868 5 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Once again we find ourselves brothers in a Stern crossroads. I’m getting excited amigo.
[quoted image]

Arnie Cunningham !

#41906 5 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

No idea, I guess I just get some cRazy ideas every now and then

Eleven = Sloth

200w.gif200w.gif
#41934 5 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

You and me both! My life and pinball collection would be complete and could die a happy man LOL. Bring on the Megadeth!

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx-IrzhNqZtmwa8vyx-7UgzB5QfPOhoyYC?si=3KQL8_DB0KKBIfBt

#41958 5 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Van Halen brings people together.

haha I saw this when it first aired and almost died.

#41963 5 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

My modest VH collection.
Makes my head spin thinking I have had these for over 30 years.
Love some Diver Down, Intruder would thump.
Most tracks from the albums Van Halen and 1984 would be epic on a new Stern Pinball.
Perhaps Spike 3 will have external cab lighting, that would make a VH or any music pin really rock.[quoted image]

Top 3

Light up the Sky
House of Pain
Atomic Punk

As far as Spike 3 what's everyone else thinking? Matrix bio ports ( head jacks )?

#42060 5 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats what a hat and sunglasses are for!

#42099 5 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, for sure. It’s been around since the mid 90s but spans larger age groups with it being a hit on the Nintendo consoles and card games. Highest grossing franchise of all time. No brainer for a pin especially on location
[quoted image]

Damn! never knew. Winnie the Pooh still holding strong too.

#42106 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I bought 4 of these decks at $110 each. I sold two around the $500 mark still sealed. I still have two that are sealed…..
[quoted image]

* looks at my stocks*

* looks at pok'emon swag*

So it has been written....

1 month later
#42904 4 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Seems like a nice shark
[quoted image]

Friendly

1 week later
#43163 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Now if he said the game Skate or Die then we could debate nostalgia.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh god this makes me feel old . I remember me and my brother playing this till our hands hurt.

#43355 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Blue Kiss Godzilla?
[quoted image]

Frank......what did you do

#43357 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just a mock up on Knapp arcade.

Yeah just saw it. Oof!

1 week later
#43673 3 months ago

Heading to put my deposit down....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#44027 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Monster themes that could make good pins
Predator, The Thing, King Kong, Gremlins, Little Shop of Horrors

Clash of the Titans

#44078 3 months ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

You’re spot on. The consensus opinion of Batman 66 as a game is worlds different today than it was at launch.

Also Stranger Things. A few years and some updates changes a lot of minds.

1 week later
#44237 3 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Well this is one time i hope you are incorrect mr mnpinball.
There is some excellent John Carpenter films that would convert to pinball by Stern very nicely.

All 3 of those

throwing money.gifthrowing money.gif
#44280 87 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Buddy at the bar said something about "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater" being the next Stern. With Pokemon later this year. I told him to go home and get that shit out of here because my millennial heart can't take it. That would be too amazing. The soundtrack from THPS would be absolutely killer. Tough to incorporate skateboarding into a pinball game imo though. Vert ramps would break the glass and grind rails would be tough to work in... imagine the THPS grind sound effect as your ball returns to your flipper on the wireform. That would be pretty cool.
Pokemon would be nuts. I can only dream of the artwork. If Zombie Yeti did it but toned down the "crazy" factor. Tried to stay closer to the show's animation.... The lady who voiced Ash is still around right? I'd be in absolute heaven. Pokemon is pretty cool tho. Couple scoops could be poke mart and poke centers to visit after tough battle. Wonder because of the original movie coming up soon if it'll be based on that. Fighting Mewtwo as a final wizard mode could be cool. I'm just excited to see pokemon artwork on a pinball machine. My fingers crossed we get a lavender town Premium with Gengar Haunter and Ghastly on there. All purple and black would be SO cool.

As kick ass as the THPS sound tracks were I always liked the SSX series soundtracks.

#44439 84 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s why pinball will die off eventually.
My kids don’t give a F.
Virtual reality, PS5, Xbox etc
I’m getting the new Apple Vision Pro.
Not enough Millenials and GenZ will ever care about pinball.

Don't say that! I'm already worried about whos going to take care of my Monchhichi collection.

So my 5 year old still loves playing pinball I'm hoping it at least becomes an " old pastime " with Dad as she gets older.

#44446 84 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

My boys and your 5yo will have the burden of carrying on this hobby and preserving it for the future.

Cheers to that!

#44450 84 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Had to get a Golden Tee and Big Buck just to hang with the husband/boyfriends. Crazy

I JUST sold both of those! So I can feed my pin habit. I miss Golden Tee and down the road will probably get one back.

#44578 80 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Wick, Met then Pokémon.

If it really is Metallica I’m going to have some seriously tough decisions to make in my line up.

#44636 79 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…perhaps…. Or here [quoted image]

I’m really surprised this hasn’t been done….. yet.

IMG_3337 (resized).jpegIMG_3337 (resized).jpeg
#44824 75 days ago

Carl weathers! Noooooo!!!!!

Now stern HAS to do Predator as a Memoriam !

#44961 71 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I sold Black Knight & Halloween which were my wife's favorite. Every time a game leaves she says "that's the one I like so obviously it's leaving."
Then I remind her that her "liking it" was racking up 3 plays a year.

haha yup. I get the " why did you sell that one"!?!?!? And like you said , about the number of plays.....smh.

That being said I would LOVE a BKSOR Pro. Fast fun game.

#45035 66 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

New Metallica. Cool.
It’s the only way it makes sense.
Why would Metallica re-up the license instead of asking for a completely new game?
I always said, fans who know Metallica, know they’ll push for Metallica 2 pin.
That said. Hope they stay away from the latest album (whatever it’s called) and St Anger. Just omit those albums please, they were garbage.
Keep to songs from the early stuff,
Kill ‘em all, lightning. Puppets. Justice.
Even Load & Reload are alright.
Death magnetic was great !
The Fewer songs it has the from Black album, the better it will sound.

I love the Black album.

Whatever route they go all I need is Jason on the screen doing this the whole time and I'm good.

2bplop.gif2bplop.gif
#45053 66 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think they will lean on newer albums music. IMO

Please no.

#45080 65 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

This thread is making me want a TWD. Might have to sneak one in and see what happens

Guy on location near me has 2 of them. Amazing fun game. I finally see what everyone is talking about.

#45169 63 days ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

So without having to go back through pages of rants about what people "want" as the next stern pin......are there are viable rumors out there besides the new Metallica rumor. Need to know if I should be prepared for the Q2 cornerstone announcement

A lot of speculation/momentum on John wick and Pokémon .

1 week later
#45536 51 days ago
Quoted from qbass187:

OUT on Raiders IN on Temple of Doom!!!!

Haha ToD gets shit on so bad but man I love that movie !

#45559 49 days ago

The Kraken fight would be the obvious Wizard mode. So much to do with this one....

#45581 47 days ago

F it ! A game based solely on HOCKEY FIGHTS!

IMG_4305.gifIMG_4305.gif
#45583 47 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

drop target teeth that you knock out with a sliding puck bash toy

I like the way you think!!

#45586 47 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

also a Zamboni that eats the ball

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It had BETTER eat the damn ball. Missed opportunity if not, and I'm out!

Ok that’s it ….

IMG_4309.gifIMG_4309.gif
#45590 47 days ago
Quoted from zaki:

Keep in mind Godzilla and kong are friends...for now

frenemies

#45639 44 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Apparently these are the rumored games from Stern. If true there is only one on here I would want. Hopefully others will think different than myself
[quoted image]

Indy, easily. I'm afraid they will put in lame songs in Metallica that will grate on me real quick.

#45670 43 days ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Watch it’s only from Dial of Destiny lol

Don't say that too loud! haha

2 weeks later
#45822 29 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Edit- decided not to leave this without a hot take: Bogus Journey > Excellent Adventure. Fight me

%100

Twister with death is why.

#45825 29 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

"Best 3 out if 5?"
"Damn Right!"

haha the way Bill gets frustrated when he says that is classic.

1 week later
#46072 22 days ago

This....and take my money.

NUWX.gifNUWX.gif
#46095 21 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Upgrades,
Upgrades,
Upgrades,
I would like a real frikken Glock with my $3000 Topper please.
AND I will enjoy the party !

That should come in the goodie bag.

#46132 20 days ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

You guys know about Here Come the Mummies? If not you have to check them out on youtube, you will not be disappointed. I would 100% buy a HCTM pin.
[quoted image]

1 week later
#46579 8 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

Transformers theme could sell . get peter cullen to do the call outs and it would “print money”.
Plenty of inspiration for mechs, Danger on design I could see it working. It’s a known IP from all the shitty movies and the toys still sell. The sound of a transformation is iconic.
would take a good design though or it will be written off with the comic fatigue

Always thought Star Scream and Soundwave had cooler voices.

1 week later
#46774 16 hours ago
Quoted from evileye:

My reaction after reading this…
[quoted image]

haha

#46779 12 hours ago
Quoted from Whistles:

This was a major sticking point even upon release- some were mad they liked this game so much but would not be able to ever have it in the house.

This is the fight in my house right now with TCM and having a little kid.

#46800 6 hours ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

This is a great, suggest everything, thread.

Food themes next!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,855 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExSquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=ExSquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.