IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EchoVictor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#971 6 years ago

If you think the licensing for the songs in GOTG would be tough, the licensing for Ready Player One would be an utter nightmare.

Everything in that book is a reference to something else.

Later,
EV

8 months later
#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Possibly to an active ball lock over the shooter lane?

Looks more like the balls will lock in the handle of the katana up by the pops. Zoom in and you can see multiple optos and a nylon up-post.

Later,
EV

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Is that a Deadpool funko pop?

Sure looks like it....

Later,
EV

Deadpool Fig (resized).jpgDeadpool Fig (resized).jpg

7 months later
#2584 5 years ago

According to Greg Freres at one of the Expo talks, Bally BMX was originally intended to be E.T., but they couldn't agree on licensing terms.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=335

Later,
EV

2 years later
#13635 3 years ago

DE already did "Batman '89" for the most part.

Bring on Supes (but it HAS to have the iconic John Williams theme....)!

Later,
EV

#13969 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The problem with a LeBron Pin is it's guaranteed to Flop.

Only game that would flop harder would be a Neymar edition World Cup Soccer...

Later,
EV

#14115 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GOTLE is a beautiful game. (The cabinet...not the playfield.) But yeah...I'd love a LCD display done on that game, and perhaps a revised playfield.

The ColorDMD does make a huge difference. With it set on Dots or DotsXL, you get a good sense of the video rips. You can tell which scene and which season it's showing...

Later,
EV

#14174 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No the red head (Margo)

"I must be so monumentally naive!"

- You are.

Later,
EV

3 weeks later
#15133 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

"he thrusted his purple headed warrior into her quivering mound of love pudding" (1 vote for a Naked Gun Trilogy pin) [quoted image]

Just realized that guy is Mr. Dursley (from the Harry Potter movies)....

Later,
EV

3 weeks later
#15841 3 years ago
Rule 1 for 2020 (resized).jpgRule 1 for 2020 (resized).jpg
#15910 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Love this time of year where Lucy sets down the old "May the 4th" football and all the Pinside Chucks line up.

Imma leave this here....

Best part is at the 1:40 mark.

Later,
EV

1 month later
#18394 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We're going streaking!

....through the Quad!

3 months later
#20950 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Really, an outlane kicker?

Ever play a Williams Defender?

The LH outlane kicker is manually activated by a second button on the LH side. You have to get the timing juuuust right. Too early or too late, and you waste your chance. Have to re-light it to try again.

Very enjoyable feature.

Later,
EV

#21440 2 years ago

Slowing the video down like KnockerPTSD suggested, it looks like the moving building will change which way the ramp shots go.

One level looks like it U-turns inside the building to send a LH ramp shot to the LH side of the building (and RH to RH), while another level looks like it makes them criss-cross (LH to RH, and RH to LH).

Damn cool!

Later,
EV

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#21447 2 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

Hoping he's hiding in the art somewhere.
[quoted image]

Freeze it at the 0:17 mark....he's to the right and behind the RH pop bumper.

Speaking of which......is this the first modern Stern without the triple pop bumper nest?

Later,
EV

1 month later
#22515 2 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

Pretty sure you guys that think Rush sucks are Devo fans.

Hey....there are some of us out here that are huge Rush fans AND huge Devo fans.

While I don't deny that a Devo pin (complete with radiation dome pop bumper caps) would be a dream theme, I'm totally in on a Rush.

Later,
EV

1 week later
#22788 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Since it seems an open secret that Rush is next, what are you looking for?

- All eras of music represented, not just 70's (yes, I am one of the weirdos who actually loves 80's Rush....so sue me).
- Agreed on more of the sci-fi/fantasy story-telling, and less of the band portraits.
- Album art, album art, album art (let's have the Owl, the Star/man, the picture Movers, the dalmatian, the magic hat bunnies, the Clockwork symbols....I want it all!)
- Neil's Time Machine drum kit = steampunk extraordinaire!
- Agreed on the humor aspect. We totally need a secret "Rash!" mode.
- Please oh please borrow Keith's Archer project video mode ("It's called Y-Y-Zed, and it's impossible!")

I'm sure I can think of more.....just give me time.....

Later,
EV

3 weeks later
#23392 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I do not have much background on the band Rush .
What would fans of this pin want the LE to look like?

Rush TM (resized).jpgRush TM (resized).jpg
#23511 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m starting to think these poor theme decisions are made over a crappy lunch in Sterns staff canteen.

Quoted from frisco_melt:

I know you're being a little hyperbolic, but these decisions are almost certainly beaten to death with the marketing stick a year before we even sniff the faintest rumor.
I would love to get more insight into the theme-picking process but I can't imagine that will ever happen because 1) they'd have to tell us games that aren't getting made (or worse, are in the future) 2) it would suck some of the air out of the buzz-generator they have here.
I know in my brain that this has tons of market research behind it, but I'd be disappointed that it's less Brian Eddy saying "Hey you know what I'm passionate about? That show The Mandalorian!" and more "We project an average 6% higher total units sold with a Disney property, WandaVision is the obvious choice, but we can't get the rights to the celebs' faces, 2nd best is Mando. He wears a mask, plus we can include baby yoda"
Pinball is the cart, profit is the horse leading it around, and that's going to be reinforced with the new president.

I seem to recall there was an interview with George Gomez a while back about the development process. I thought I remember him saying that at some point, having a designer or dev team that was passionate about a certain license *WAS* one of the factors that went into deciding which theme to pursue, and which to drop....

Later,
EV

#23529 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Those are fighting words sir. Muse sounds nothing like Radiohead. Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke may both do falsetto well but the similarity stops there.
While I love Radiohead, Muse has a wider collection of pop rock and rock anthems that would suit pinball better.

Best comparison to me is that I consider Muse to be a modern-day version of Queen. Similar variety in styles, similar anthemic arrangements, similar great vocal harmonies.

I'd love a pinball machine from either one of them....

Later,
EV

#23695 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I would usually agree but there are a few particularly off-putting themes to people.
I think Maiden is a great example of a game that is freaking amazing but suffers due to the theme. I personally love Maiden as a band as well so dream game for me but I know lots of people complain that it should have been Archer or anything but Maiden.

Funny thing is, I'm totally NOT an Iron Maiden fan, yet I love the theme on this game. To me, it's not really a band pin. It's more like "Time Travelling Zombie Adventure". LOVE that they went with all the different Eddies for the modes and artwork.

If they would have done the traditional "collect the albums / go on tour / band members faces plastered all over the place" route, I don't think I'd own one...

Later,
EV

#23729 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I’m a huge fan! I love to get the led out Haha
Like you I crapped all over it after the reveal and gameplay videos. But the proof is in the pudding so I’m gonna have to track one down and shoot it.
I still think it’s a bit uninspired with that static dildo of a zeppelin in the corner, missed opportunity for a great physical ball lock IMO.

Make sure you seek out a Premium or LE.

The Pro is terrible, as the 180 ramp for the third flipper has been removed and replaced with a dead-end stand-up target. Makes the third flipper kinda pointless. I understand you need to remove a few things to get the BOM cost lower on a Pro, but I would have removed the Zeppelin and the Icarus first wayyyy before losing that 180 ramp.

Here's to hoping that Rush follows the Borg formula of the Pro being pretty close to the Prem/LE gameplay-wise. I sooooo want one, but my wallet needs a bit of a break....

Later,
EV

#23732 2 years ago

^ interesting chart, in that 3 of the 4 largest bars are "Classic Rock", "Rock-n-roll", and "Rock Music".

Not sure I could tell you what the difference between "Rock-n-roll" and "Rock Music" is though.....

Later,
EV

1 week later
#24022 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I feel the sense of possibilities…..

I feel the wrench of hard realities...

Quoted from skink91:

To be fair, isn’t anything from Elwin an instabuy?

Why yes, yes it is!

Later,
EV

3 weeks later
#24667 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love that the wizard mode is getting an A+ in Calculus while a Motorhead fan gives your girlfriend acid and her first orgasm in the back of his van.

Yeah, but in reality, the RUSH nerd that got the A+ in Calculus is currently knockin' down a comfortable salary as a software designer or engineer, while the Motorhead fan dropping acid and hooking up in the back of vans is currently doing 5~10 in the State Penn for breaking into houses to fund his meth habit.

Much prefer to be the former than the latter. "Being Cool" is way over-rated....

Later,
EV

#24732 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

DEVO is no wave / new wave.

Now here's your quintessential definition of a nerd band;

- Horn-rim glasses? Check!
- Weird synthesizer sounds? Check!
- Guest appearance on "Square Pegs"? Check!
- Homage from "Weird Al" ala "Dare To Be Stupid"? Check!

Rush fans are normal compared to us DEVO fans. I would totally kill for a DEVO pin (radiation dome pop bumper caps would be a must!)

Quoted from Lounge:

From a business/economic standpoint, Stern makes music pins they can sell and that’s the point and if I were in the business that’s what I would do. Can’t knock them for that.

And this is why we'll never see Mark and the boys from Akron immortalized on a commerically available pinball.
If I ever want to see one, I'd have to make my own...

Later,
EV

#24808 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

LOL! I was a huge Motorhead fan ... still am. I was also a nerd ... still am . I got a B in high school Calculus though ... I did much better in college (mainly a B+/A- student) when I pursued my BSCoE then MSEE. I liked Rush too ... just wasn't a mega-fan though Time Stand Still is one of my all time favorite songs (ridiculous that its not part of the pinball machine!! ).
All but one of the Rush clique I knew back in the day are basically into weed and sleeping these days. They were never into math. They're still talented people otherwise though ... just not nerdy and into mathematics .
Bottom line, don't paint pictures with broad strokes .

You can swap in whatever band names you want, but my entire point was that the young person striving to get an A+ in Calculus is most likely doing far better today than their peers that were only concerned about getting high or getting laid.

What you call "Painting with broad strokes" is what I call appropriate application of statistical probablilty.

Later,
EV

1 year later
#35567 1 year ago

"Speaking of Elwin's 2024 Stern cornerstone game, according to the man himself it will have two full-size flippers and two other flippers, four total. Three of the flippers are on the same side of the game."

Hmmm, kinds sounds like Roadshow? Or do the 2 mini-flippers on the same side mean a mini-playfield?

Later,
EV

#35568 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Elwin’s Monsters Tour -
Harry Potter & Wizards in 2028 ???

This may have a ray of hope, or maybe just fan-boi wishful thinking....

https://www.disneydining.com/disney-to-acquire-harry-potter-bb1/

Later,
EV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EchoVictor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=EchoVictor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.