Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9174 3 years ago

What marvel game theme would be coming? Captain America? Thor?

#9194 3 years ago

Black Panther pinball?

1 month later
#10176 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So people are predicting two more games this year? Holy moly! Extremely interested in the next Lyman game which people think has something to do with Kapow? And either Bond or BTTF(well wishing)?

I think the consensus has been that Stern will announce Led Zeppelin around the end of the year or beginning of next year.

I wonder if Stern will apply the ideas of their patent on user insertable music in LZ.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10463950

#10191 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't think they have the license for that.
Holding out for Lawrence Welk. It might be the first time I'm in on a topper. Bubble machine ...
I might even be in on an LE for Welk.

Is there an echo from 10 posts ago?

2 weeks later
#10364 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am thinking Lyman and Ritchie. I have no idea.. just a guess

I believe the rumor is that Lyman and Ritchie will not work together anymore.

#10373 3 years ago

I don’t know why if it is true but it has been talked about for several years, and I don’t think they have worked together since ACDC. Perhaps they had some disagreements with that game?

Quoted from Expletive:

The rumor is that Ritchie and Lyman will not work together anymore.

#10379 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I prefer a LZ machine if it’s coming.

Agreed, but LZ’s design still needs to be a home run.

#10381 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I like Steve Ritchie, so for me that is a given.
(Excluding Star Wars)

That is what I am worried about. A good flow shooter that has no personality would be a disappointment when you compare to the games some other designers are putting out recently.

I need to see some interesting mechs.

1 week later
#10610 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

So no mentions here of codename Jason from the Stern expo video?
Jason
Freddy vs. Jason
Freddie Mercury?

Jason is John Bonham’s son and he played with Led Zeppelin after his father’s death.

4 weeks later
#11154 3 years ago

Stranger Things was announced last December so if Stern wants to stick to 3 cornerstone titles a year it would make sense for them to announce Zeppelin between now and the end of the year.

#11164 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

There is a really high chance that Stern's next pin won't be BTTF, Godzilla, or LZ.

Star Wars The Pin as you said in your podcast does not count as a regular release. We are talking regular mass produced cornerstone releases.

#11168 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I don't have a podcast. I'm not Kaneda, nor would I ever want to be, the guy has issues. BTW, I thought the Star Wars home comic pin was out a while ago. I swear I saw it last month somewhere. Either way, I'm talking about the next Stern pin, like full size pin, will not be BTTF or LZ. We shall see!

If not LZ, do you have some other theme in mind you think it might be?

#11289 3 years ago

Selling at costco seems like a bad idea since they have a generous return policy. I could see someone that is not a pinball enthusiast impulse buying the game and bringing it home and having some problem like lights not working and then taking it back for a refund, or even playing it for a few weeks and then returning it just because they can.

Any losses Stern takes on these dumbed down low sales games will be passed on to the regular customers which is us.

2 weeks later
#11606 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Did he discuss pertinent issues regarding QC?

I have only listened to about 3/4 of that podcast episode so far, but I honestly would not expect any hard questions from that type of podcast if you know what I mean. Even the somewhat hard questions are served with a chuckle to show that they don’t expect an answer.
I guess what I am trying to say is that not many of these podcasts are honest journalism and are instead a form of entertainment or hobby notoriety boosting of the podcasters themselves.

#11657 3 years ago

I could see the cabinet looking something like this:

L7309909 (resized).jpgL7309909 (resized).jpg
#11933 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You’re right. I watched a movie once so Led Zeppelin totally appeals to a 20 something audience. I’ll get my thousands of dollars lined up!

20 somethings are not a big buying demographic of pinball. AC/DC did not have any problems getting people to play and buy and most of their best music was in the 1970s and very early 80s.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-old-are-we-on-pinside-1/page/2#post-5415331

#11936 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You didn’t read what I said above. I said this isn’t a good title for locations because most of the people playing on location are young. I didn’t say the game wouldn’t sell well. I’m sure there will be thousands of them tucked away in basements all across the country where no one will see them. All of that was to say that I’m sure the **next** stern pin will have a broader appeal.

Most locations I have seen have a lot of 40-70 year olds playing pinball including league play. The random games at bar might be a different story but those are not where the hobby is at anymore.

#12092 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Word is the license is TOHO.

When was the last time people watched Toho Godzilla? Just curious. Not meant to sound like I am knocking it, I just don’t remember the last time I saw it on tv anywhere.

#12180 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin could have been seeing into the future of Pinside of today when they were writing this :

"Sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
Talk of days for which they sit and wait
And all will be revealed"

#12353 3 years ago

So good they should bring the show back to tv.

#12392 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yup. In the pinball route FB group it was the years top earner for people all over the country. When a game pays itself half way off in a pandemic year when my business has been 10% of normal I’ll call that a very successful pin. It also is the pin that gets me to press start more than anything else I own in the past year. Pinside trashed it but it’s a great game. It taught me to not care what pinside decides to trash or praise. R&M also aimed at my generation and we know how selling that game went. I think people forget pinside isn’t the whole pinball community.

It teaches me not to care how well a game earns in relation to what games I would want to own.

#12412 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

All I was saying is that the game is popular and pinside tore it apart before even playing it because it was a theme that wasn’t aimed at the 50+ year old collector. The OP asked who wants/cares about Stranger Things and my answer is a lot of people.

I think the 50 year old demographic like me watched and enjoyed Stranger Things the show, but we as pinball people mostly realized the game was not something we wanted to own. I played it at barcades and did not take long to lose interest. I can understand why kids gravitate toward a theme they are recently up on but the majority of pinball buyers need more than that. A standard fan layout with little novelty in shots is kind of dead to me. This is why Elwin designs are killing it in sales. His games shoot as well as fans but are way more interesting in shots.

4 months later
#17264 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

There is a reason JJP located a post right in the middle of the 2 flippers on WOZ, because of shot geometry problems. How many other companies have you seen do that, place a post in the middle of the 2 flippers? Answer: none.

So you are saying you don't know anything about pinball machines?

19250943_4 (resized).jpg19250943_4 (resized).jpgcenter post (resized).jpgcenter post (resized).jpg
#17284 2 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

It is making me ill looking at that Spiderman. Please put some novus on that thing asap.

When I see a game that looks like that I think of all the fun people must have had playing it which is what caused that filth. My second thought is why is the owner so lazy that they don’t invest a little time in cleaning it up here and there and as a result keeping the resale value of the game up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.