We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10040 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Too damn funny! I told my wife that exact thing! I said "It looks like a fu***ng dish glove"! That being said, I'm in on one anyway

3 months later
#11820 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

At least with Stern we will get the studio songs not some random live recordings. That’s what was disappointing to me about the jjp GNR pin. Why didn’t they put the studio songs on the machine? Slash apparently had a huge part in the development. Anyone who has played modern stern machines can tell the difference between a jjp and stern. Jjp are like driving a nice luxury sedan. Gameplay is smooth not high scoring lots of toys and bling bling. Stern machines are a grip it and rip it sports car. It’s all about what you enjoy playing. I believe Stern will step up with an amazing studio song track, epic art work on Zeppelin. Just hope they throw 15 songs on it.

Like others have said, 100% studio songs on GnR from JJP. I'll add that they're also the original explicit versions, not some watered down radio edit

2 months later
#14280 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

has anyone mentioned the puzzles will likely be LE’s? They might as well number them (say 300) and have the artist sign each. I’d likely spend $50 for one, delivered. How much would you spend?

$5 plus shipping. Now an actual size playfield artwork puzzle (roughly 20" x 42") of certain titles, I might could get behind.

1 week later
#14519 3 years ago

Why do so many grown up adults seem to think toy story would be such a spectacular, game changer pin? Fun pin, maybe, but game changer? Why? It's a kids movie written for children with some adult humor sprinkled in here and there. Yes, I've seen the movies, I have a now 14 year old daughter, so we went through most of those type films. I know I'm stepping on toes by saying this, but I just dont get it.

5 months later
#20736 2 years ago

Agreed, after that movie I felt like my eyes and ears had been assaulted. And not in a good way. Like, in a punishing, vengeful, hurtful way. What an awful flick. Pin could be fun though.

11 months later
#30134 1 year ago

If you know, you know....

ftwu21sk8ld31 (resized).jpgftwu21sk8ld31 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#35500 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well I have been getting kicked in the nuts with the one on location so I gave up. It just was not any fun with the layout so far. The ramp locations are tough and when you hit the side one it feels like more of a luck shot. Hitting the rocket is very lackluster and seems to be half of the playfield shots. I need more time on it but for now it does little and I love the franchise, need to play a ton in home environment possibly to get into it? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Iron Maiden Pro and I do not really care for the theme or music. The layout and playability is that much fun for me that I am considering putting on a blindfold for the theme-am I crazy? Not really interested in the rumors I am hearing for next Stern so Iron Maiden may be the way to go for my next Stern.

I agree with this statement regarding Bond Pro. I played it extensively at Pincinatti and the shots are just blah.... No amount of code will fix that. The premium was slightly more fun for some reason, but still kind of lackluster.

3 weeks later
#36325 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Does anybody else think that the ZY art package is just getting to be too much? I mean the playfield is so packed with color and stuff it needs room to breathe. Sometimes less is more.

I'll go along with ya on that one. I mean, it's not ugly, its actually a great looking pin, and hes super talented obviously, but yeah. He's definitely a fan of the bright popping reds, oranges and yellows. I too have thought it's a bit much sometimes.

1 month later
#36995 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

The real nerds know.

giphy (2).gifgiphy (2).gif
2 months later
#37492 10 months ago

Interesting read. Sure would be nice to fix that flipper gap. And I may be in the minority on this, but I'd like to see some older DMD Sterns get the LCD treatment in their vault edition. I know, I know, licensing, etc.... I'd still like to see it. Ghostbusters would be amazing with the original movie assets.

1 week later
#37640 9 months ago

So, what are people thinking the odds are percentage wise that Venom is the next Stern? Is there any confirmation on who's designing the next pin, or is that up for speculation as well?? I'm really wanting to add another Stern to my lineup and wish we'd get some confirmation one way or the other soon. First world problems, huh....

#37726 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Monthly Reminder: Based on previous cornerstone releases, the next Stern Pin is due out on or about July 11th.
My official prediction: The next Stern Pin will release this month. It will be Venom. with Brian Eddy on layout, Dwight Sullivan on Code, Zombie Yeti on art with a soundtrack featuring at least one song by Ozzy Osbourne. Teaser Tuesday, 11 July, Reveal video 14 July, reveal stream and playable games at Comic Con in San Diego 20-23 July.
Supporting evidence: Release rhythm above shows a new game coming out this July. Stern has said 2 cornerstones this year, but I believe there will be 3 releases. 2 cornerstones (Foo Fighters and Venom) as well as a vault TBD near Christmas. Vault rumors are strong with the new facilities opening. As to Venom and Eddy... well... it's Eddy's turn. There have been strong rumors of Venom and last year Stern appeared alongside Ozzy at Comic Con. Stern was supposed to release Venom last year, but Bond took its place to make it in time for their big 60th anniversary. Bond code was rushed as a result, and Venom should be released with much better code as a result. Zombie Yeti has done most of the comic style artwork for Stern.
So: Venom, 2nd/3rd week of July, Eddy/Sullivan/Yeti/Ozzy
Putting the crystal ball down now.

Solid prediction, and it seems the most likely scenario to me. Don't forget, Todd McFarlane was at that booth along with Stern and Ozzy. That further supports your prediction.

#37791 9 months ago

Not this fella right here. No way I'm paying close to 10k for a "retro" style machine. Bond 60th and Pulp Fiction both look like fun pins, but a retro pin is going to need a retro price to entice me. Maybe around 6k ish? I know it will never happen, but oh well.

#37799 9 months ago

Did I miss something? Has Stern hinted at a He Man pin? Or is all this speculation?

#38133 9 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Into the Spiderverse?

I was just gonna say.... look at the top. It says "into the pinverse". Which I would assume is a reference to the "spiderverse". Easy pass for me.

#38143 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's the comicbook Venom...

You thinking the "piniverse" reference is just being used as a general term? Maybe they're throwing us off the scent while confirming it will have something to do with Spiderman in general?

#38242 9 months ago

You guys should probably take the discussion to PM at this point. Just saying. Or maybe to a different thread dedicated to price trends.

1 week later
#38961 9 months ago

Any chance of a BM66 vault?

#39181 9 months ago

Market saturation. At some point, it will happen, it's inevitable with the amount of new pins being produced. You can argue about when, but there is no denying that it will.

Goonies and Harry Potter are instant buys for me.
Jaws, it's very tempting.

#39218 9 months ago

One simple fact. The fact that you can still pre order an LE Venom at retail price almost a week after announcement from multiple distributors, speaks VOLUMES! Bond has had weak sales, but it also suffered from insanely poor code at release. Venom should have nearly completed code (presumably), and still, sales are slow.

#39276 9 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Distributors are now listing Venom LE for $12999 with no tax, no CC fees, and free shipping on Pinside. A small swing down? Some clown has one listed for $15k.

I saw that a day or so ago. I was tempted to screen shot those dealer ads and send them to the guy. But, I decided not to rock the boat, and just let him bask in his ignorance instead.

2 weeks later
#39832 8 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is venom succeeding?

Based solely on the amount of LEs still available from reputable dealers, I'd say no. However, I'm sure they'll end up selling a shitload of them before it's all over.

#39874 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

P.S. I hope Stern is careful to release games coded for moments and not just competitions. I see more and more influence from the tournament side. I could care less about ruleset exploits and strats. I want escapism and enjoyment. Not work.

I agree with this sentiment 100%. However it's "couldn't care less". Saying you "could care less" implies that you do care at least to some small degree. Sorry, it's that one weird grammar thing that drives me nuts, and I've had some decent whiskey, so here we are.....

#39880 8 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Just figured I’d say so, in case you was wondering.

You mean in case "you were wondering" I assume? I kid, I kid.....

Next Stern that isn't a vault, I'm just hoping it's not another Marvel or Band pin.

#39911 8 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think for those titles (Goonies and Beetle Juice) I personally would prefer Franchi to do those compared to Zombie. Yes, Zombie does amazing work I just think his skill set would be better on other titles.

This1000%

#39977 8 months ago

Will be interesting to see if they sell out, or if they sit on the market like Venom LE.

#40109 8 months ago

Did I miss something? Was there a leak? Is there evidence that the next Stern is indeed Elwin on Jaws? Or is it still speculation?

#40111 8 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No evidence ,but like Venom it’s apparent .

Hmmm, Jaws peaks my interest a bit. As long as it's not an overpriced throwback layout like Bond 60th.

1 week later
#40444 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

20 large? Yeah, no, I’m good. Let the whales have em.
At 15? Still no. A Stern is still a Stern at 1/2 that price.

Quoted from Sandman33:

I dont see how you get 2nd hand buyers to buy an SLE...20k NIB then you want to ask more later? Who the f is buying?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Batman '66 SLE was announced at 30 units, but they added 50 once they realized demand before release to make it 80 total. Batman SLE was $15 grand. ONLY adjusting for inflation, that's $19k now, so expect at least $20k SLE for Jaws.
But yeah, what a scam. Never falling for the SLE thing again. Build extras were just terrible aside from the awesome foiled and raised cabinet art (that failed on the coin door within months and zero parts availability for warranty claims).

I agree, and this right here is a pretty good indicator that anyone paying 20k for an SLE in todays market is going to regret it. That's 7k under retail, and still not sale pending.

Screenshot_20230828_073059_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230828_073059_Brave (resized).jpg
#40467 7 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Something is, Stranger Things. Its still an Elwin so don't over think it. My guess is January so you won't hafta wait that long.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but STh is most definitely not an Elwin. STh is a Brian Eddy.

#40509 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Highly doubtful they’ll make anymore SAM or Spike-era DMD games. There are already thousands of Tron, Kiss, & AC/DC out there. Buyer pool is limited on games your buyers already have. Limited sales opportunity = not worth the cost of re-upping the license. Plus, they’re all in on Insider Connected now…I don’t see them releasing anything aside from Home Pins that isn’t part of that ecosystem.

On that note, how difficult (if possible at all) would it be for Stern to develop and offer some sort of IC retro fitment kit for their newer DMD games like Metallica or Ghostbusters?

#40543 7 months ago

I don't care about Pokémon 1 bit, but man there are definitely possibilities there. With IC being what it is, can you imagine the infinite amount of catching Pokémon and leveling them up? Having them stored with your insider account? Stern could keep that game fresh for a long time.

#40568 7 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

Don't see many 40 and 50 year old guys buying it for their game room - that's the bulk of the pinball market.
It would probably do decent at arcades but Stern would need big numbers to pay for the license so it's never happening.

Someone above said Stern already has the license. Who knows if that's true or not.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#40659 7 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Venom pro is stripped to the bone so that one is definitely out. Foo maybe. Think my next is a Valhalla, then possibly a gaurdians of the galaxy.

Got to play a Venom pro in a home setting a few days ago. Don't let it fool ya. It's a fun game. Flows well, and good audio package. I won't own one personally due to space, money, etc... but don't buy into the "stripped to the bone" narrative, it's a damn fun game. Foo is awesome as well, I actually prefer the pro on this title. But the music gets repetitive.

1 week later
#40715 7 months ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Pokémon? Aren't those the toys which brainwash kids into attacking Pearl Harbor?

b9b9512a-0ec9-4e4d-93db-9c419827e5eb_text.gifb9b9512a-0ec9-4e4d-93db-9c419827e5eb_text.gif

d16f61e5-fece-42dc-8509-b27a78450ef8_text.gifd16f61e5-fece-42dc-8509-b27a78450ef8_text.gif
#40716 7 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Is GOTG that Flip N Out just announced the "vault" everyone been chattery about!? Oh man.../popcorn

Uh oh.... link please?

#40760 7 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Gun to the head must buy one, Stern venom (premium) or JJP TS4?

Venom. I put about a dozen games on a Pro a buddy of mine had at his place. It's actually pretty damn fun. I was less than impressed with TS4. Not to mention the price difference.

#40779 7 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Distros are loaded with inventory and Stern’s next new game will sit on the shelf like all the others, unless they get real about pricing.

Yup, 100% correct on this portion. I've said it for years, we will hit a point of market saturation. Between the price hikes, end of (mostly) parts shortages, and saturation, games are sitting instead of selling.

#40818 7 months ago

All the Anime talk. I was just surfing Netflix, and they have a live action Netflix original of One Piece! Currently #3 in top 10 streaming. Just watched the first hour long episode. Not bad at all!! I'm liking it!

#40893 7 months ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

They did, then movie was canceled.
Now movie is back in production.
Of course Stern will make it.

Personally, if Beetlejuice happens, I hope Stern makes it. JJP is too damn expensive these days, and Spooky (although having great communication and customer service) just can't seem to build a game that feels good to me shot wise.

#40905 7 months ago

Alot has changed in 3.5 years. Maybe it's still in Sterns hands. I'd be all over a Beetlejuice pin.

#40912 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When George typed that, Jack Danger was not an employee.

My thoughts EXACTLY

bingo-cousin-eddie.gifbingo-cousin-eddie.gif
#40914 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to remember which designers were there at the time. There wasn't much or any young blood. It might have been just before Elwin, even.

My point exactly

1 week later
#41086 6 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not really sure why the downvote from Underlord. You KNOW Jaws will sell out first day it's announced. So FOMO isn't really dead with the right theme. We'll both see who's right within the year.

We're all just guessing, but my guess is Jaws performs much like Venom. The market is saturated, and Stern has pushed prices to near JJP levels. Jaws LE at 15k will sit just like Venom. That's my bet. Time will prove me right or wrong

#41158 6 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

You didn't listen to K today? He gave details.

What's the details? I don't know where to find Kaneda.

#41353 6 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Tell me a good at 10k that is not an investment.

A car, new furniture, trailer, jet ski, carpet, atv, camper, etc..... I could go on, but what's the point

#41405 6 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

May take two years, but it'll get there. Put another six new games in front of it, and let the massive amount of GZ's produced take hold.
Patience.

This 100%, and I own a Zilla premium, along with several other pro/premium Stern machines. I'm very well aware that newer, mass produced games will be the first to depreciate in value in this downward trend we're currently experiencing. But, guess what? I bought my games because I enjoy playing/maintaining them, and my friends and neighbors enjoy playing them. PERIOD. If they lose value through the years, I don't give one single fuck. They aren't "investments" and that's what some people like @princecali66 don't seem to comprehend. If you want to truly invest, go find a good financial advisor and have at it. Pinball is supposed to be fun, not wether you made money on your last buy/sale deal. Jesus Christ, pass the liquor......

EDIT: One more thing, before @princecali66 brings it up again in yet another thread. I'm working class. I've worked 9 to 5 M to F for mediocre wages most of my adult life. I supplement that income by mowing 14 to 18 lawns by myself for the last 15 years. So yeah, I work very fucking hard for my pinball money. Just saying, pinball is fun and a passion. NOT AN INVESTMENT.

Sorry for the rant

#41415 6 months ago

Acting my ass. Been mowing nonstop for 15 years like I said. You're a total prick dude. I've seen you bitch and moan and be a general all around troll in several threads for some time now. I've kept my mouth shut until now. Im sure you're a blast to have as a guest while playing pinball. You probably stand around constantly bitching about Stern (or any company for that matter) and their greedy corporate agenda. I dont like losing money, i just realize that depreciation of value on material goods is a reality. You are apparently to dumb to grasp that concept. You're an ass, and many people here feel the exact same way about you although they may not voice their sentiment.

#41501 6 months ago

I was just thinking that it doesn't really matter too much to me what the next few Stern pins even are as... they have so many amazing games that have come out recently.
In the roughly 6 years in the hobby amazing games they have released include:
Iron Maiden
Godzilla
Jurassic Park
Star Wars (Fight me)
Deadpool
Elvira
Thats 6 amazing games right there that can largely be traded and temp traded among themselves. I'm really looking forward to see what they release next.
As far as real innovation and potential disruptors coming from outside Stern The Big Lebowski really is something special (when they actually deliver what customers pay for), Spooky has potential with games like Rick and Morty when they hire known talent, and Pulp Fiction I think is a smash innovative hit.
Exciting times for pinball nerds.

Don't forget BM66. Awesome game

#41510 6 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

I’m kind of surprised we don’t see more of this. If the layout is known to be great but you can choose from two themes and pick one that you care about more that seems like a great idea. It would save on production cost too. I know they have done this before on a few titles Spider-Man Home/Heavy Metal/Star Wars Home and Seawitch/Beatles. Are there others?

Spooky did Halloween/Ultraman

#41529 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's 13k
500 unit LE, black and white art package with red powder coat armor

Here's the link for anyone interested. I just hope Stern has some new code planned like they did for JP 30th.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-doing-another-run-of-elvira-s-house-of-horrors

#41545 6 months ago

Stern LE sales were already slumping due to market saturation, high production numbers, and price hikes. Now that we know they'll just make more and more different exclusive editions, who cares about a "limited edition". It's not really limited, is it?

#41552 6 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Kinda with ya, but not all the way.
I'm still waiting for the better version of AC/DC, Metallica, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Walking Dead and Iron Maiden. If and when they are produced they will be more expensive than the LEs sold for. At that point I will be able to sell my LE easier, and for more money, than a Premium, in order to upgrade to the 'super' LE ... if, and when, it ever comes.
However, if I miss out on a new release LE, and buy a Premium, and a 'super' comes out 3-10 years later, and I love the game, then yes, I'm with you on the upgrade option. But a whole lot of ducks have to line up for the 3-10 year strategy to pay off.

You may not be waiting too long for a Metallica anniversary edition. Knapp Arcade actually is predicting it in 2024. With lcd screen and concert footage. Based on reliable info they've recieved.

#41554 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Has anyone realize yet that these pins are primarily over priced BOAT anchors now?
As in “Bust out another thirteen thousand”.
It’s really absurd.
The $$ grab ship has sailed.
Way too much $$$ for this BS

Yup. I've had a really nice MB special edition for sale here for a few weeks now. Started at 10.5k and have dropped the price a couple times. About 6 or 8 months ago, someone would have pounced on it at that price. Now, I've not had one single, solitary offer. Not even a lowball one. Pin values are just going to keep dropping. I'm ok with that, I didn't buy them as an investment, I'm just saying.....

1 week later
#41923 6 months ago

I know it's been said, but I'm going to say it again. If Stern is going to keep releasing new versions of "LE" machines as often as they see fit, what's the value in buying an LE? That's what buyers are slowly but surely realizing. That, coupled with the fact that we've hit market saturation, and money is tight, means second hand market prices are on the way down. Quickly.

#42026 5 months ago

Just got this email from Game Room Guys. BOOM!!
$2000 price drop on TMNT premium. The market is definitely "adjusting". On a side note, I'm not sure why anyone would pay an extra $300 for a shaker??

Screenshot_20231030_165609_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231030_165609_Email (resized).jpg

1 week later
#42412 5 months ago

Wait.... what?! Where's this from??

#42416 5 months ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Isn't Goonies the code name for Stanger Things?

Ahhh, yup. You're correct. Dammit.....lol

2 weeks later
#42614 5 months ago
Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

OK, who would be down for a Machete pin?
[quoted image]

I walked out of that film due to its obvious over the top political preaching. NO FUCKING WAY would I buy/play this pin. Nope, never, fuck off......

Not you "fuck off", but the theoretical machete pin.

Just saw you're in Knoxville. Maybe we've met? But, hell no. No political BS is needed in pinball, and unfortunately Machete had a political agenda.

#42688 4 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I often hear grumbling about the metal backbox. Forgive me, but what’s the problem?
Is it just a purist / tradition thing relative to older more classic games, or is there some real downside that I don’t yet know about?

I'm with you. I don't mind the metal backbox at all. A metal cab on the other hand seems like it would be more prone to rattles and vibrations from shaker motors and the cabinet sub. I guess we'll all start buying lots of sound deadening material if Stern goes that route

1 week later
#42893 4 months ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I don't think stern cares about getting "beat" on a release by anyone. They kind of own the market right now.

I'll ad to this by saying: Stern certainly isn't worried about TCM and LT from Spooky. Look how well Halloween/Ultraman went over. I love Spookys enthusiasm, support, and value for the money, but for me, personally (don't roast me), their shot geometry just feels odd more often than not. Stern is definitely dominating the market right now, and they're just scratching the surface on what Insider Connected can achieve. I'm not a "pokemon" guy, but Pokémon tied in with IC properly ....... come on...... that's a money train for operators and huge sales for Stern. Stern is smart to let Spooky reveal first.

#43077 4 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Do you have to play the ic games connected? Once you download the "unique" topper software extras, do you ever need to login to anything again? Are the topper features disabled if you don't login when you play?
I bought a Venom and love it. I downloaded the latest version and didn't have to use a USB drive. Very nice. But I haven't logged back in to Stern through the game since.
Perfectly happy to just play my game like any pinball machine. I recognize the advantages to building up my experience and allowing the game to save it, but until I get bored that's not going to happen.
So I'm asking (not in a snarky way), why is the new ic stuff a bother?

Nah, update, don't update, it's up to you. Insider is just a cool platform to engage players on Stern machines. There's absolutely no need to stay connected to play your machine.

#43170 4 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Elwin won’t be an exception, they’ve hit the ceiling on price point with these machines, and have recently devalued the “limited” aspect of LE entirely
People were paying MSRP and above to avoid wait times that exceeded a year. That’s gone now

bingo-cousin-eddie.gifbingo-cousin-eddie.gif
#43325 4 months ago

It will be Stern. Stern built the original runs of MMr for CGC. Stern is the only manufacturer with the capability to produce their titles along with remakes. I suspect part of the reason it's being done at all is CGC can't keep up with demand as is and they've expressed their wishes to produce original titles as well. Stern is the only manufacturer that makes any sense.

#43339 4 months ago

If they go with metal cabinets, be prepared to by industrial quantities of this stuff. Especially if you have a shaker, or upgraded sub. Truth!

Screenshot_20231219_205139_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231219_205139_Brave (resized).jpg
#43375 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

As I said in the other thread...
Jaws was the code name for Jurassic Park. The real Jaws is next from Stern. I know two people who have seen it. BTTF is also coming, but later in 2024, and most likely from Dutch. I'm guessing Kapow teamed up with them on this one...but it's not likely that Stern did it.

I'd be down for a BTTF, but not from Dutch. Not from Spooky, Pinball Brothers, Haggis, etc.... It would have to be Stern, a CGC original, or maybe (hard maybe due to lack of code support and pricing) JJP. The other guys can't keep up with production and CGC is borderline in that area as is. Stern is my manufacturer of choice these days. Let the roasting begin!

#43385 4 months ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Well, Dutch is doing a terrific job on code, layout, theme integration and build quality. So really they shouldn't be compared to Spooky. If they indeed have BTTF, it'll be great.

It will be great 2 years after your order one

Quoted from MikeS:

Spooky produces games faster than CGC.

Yes they do. By a long shot, but Spooky has other issues.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've got both PB games and they're fantastic...and have the best tech support in the business. Can't speak on the others but I'd buy another game from them without hesitation.

I'm just not a fan

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have never even seen a Dutch machine, let alone played one.
I prefer games that are actually available to be played.
Even Spooky, I've played half of their games.

I played a big leboowski extensively. Not impressed. Love the movie though.

Quoted from SiN13:

I managed to play The Big Lebowski and it was one of the nicest looking, smoothest playing games I've seen. I'd be totally fine with Dutch designing the game but they need to partner with someone to help produce the machines to meet the insane demand for this IP.

Disagree on final product/smooth shooting. Agree on snail paced production.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#43394 4 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

In your humble opinion*

Correct, just my 2 cents worth. Regardless of who makes what, these days I'm waiting on buying secondhand. No more NIB for this cat.

#43426 4 months ago
Quoted from CYUniversal:

I think it's going to be another band-themed game, and this time it's going to be the U2 game.

U2 is one pin my wife would absolutely FORCE me to buy. I'd be a dead man if I said no. I can't imagine what the licensing on that would cost.

#43432 4 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm not sure if you've seen what's happening in Vegas currently and the price of tickets?

Yup

#43488 3 months ago

o it gets worse.[quoted image]

I'll 1 up ya

20231226_230539 (resized).jpg20231226_230539 (resized).jpg
#43554 3 months ago

Special events for rare pokemon. Locations, scores, etc.. Could even start trading rare Pokémon via insider with other users. The possibilities would be crazy.

1 week later
#43989 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

When I reserved my LE on day one, I was told that production would start late fall. So at this point they're two or three months behind.

It will be a year soon enough

#44061 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think there's a LOT of people that can't or won't have the original TWD run machines because the art package is just too gross/ugly/scary for their family and friends (or maybe them, too - I am not a fan of horror). I think a comic overlay of TWD with new cabinet and PF art tied to the comics would print money, especially since this is Stern's best machine given Lyman's amazing code on it. Peerless in the Spike2 era.

That's why I never owned one. Big fan of the show, but don't want that gross rotting flesh in my face 24/7 when I'm in the gameroom.

#44161 3 months ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

Sorry Guys, need to ask. Educate me. Who is Elwin?

Welcome to pinside! Put on your thick skin. There can be lots of negativity here like most social media these days. Elwin is Kieth Elwin. He's a very long time pinball enthusiast, top ranked player, and as of the last several years, Stern game designer. He has designed some of Stern pinballs greatest hits including Godzilla, Iron Maiden, Jurassic Park, Avengers infinity quest, and most recently Jaws. People around here get all hot and bothered (rightly so) when a new Elwin game is announced. Hope that helps you out.

#44187 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern could do a Schwarzenegger action movies collection, one every couple of years (reboots for some, obviously)
Terminator
Predator
Total Recall
True Lies
Conan?
Pretty sure Arnold, Jenny Lee Curtis and others would voice the callouts. Plenty of material for toppers..

Conan, yes!!

2 weeks later
#44660 84 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So let's talk about this John Wick stuff. First of all-where is all the hype for this title? Does this franchise really qualify for a pinball machine(I am a hypocrite as I love my 24)? Will Stern really push out 1000 John Wick $13,000 LE machines and will the market even come close to absorbing it?
If Venom LE did sub par what about John Wick which seems like even a lesser theme? Am I off base with the enthusiasm of this franchise?

Same sentiment here man. No way in hell Stern would be able to sell 1000 LEs at 13k. Not going to happen.

#44699 83 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

ooh….
Are they issuing those going forward?

Only 1000 pair. 1 pair included per LE purchase. Totally makes it worth 13k. FOMO is back baby!!!!

#44756 83 days ago
Quoted from mdeslaur:

Stern should just make a generic "70s and 80s rock oldies" cabinet with a built in 8-track player and you folks can make it play whatever old crap you want while you're playing.

BkTP.gifBkTP.gif

Anyone else remember this commercial?

1 week later
#45067 72 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would put TWD on top as Lyman's best code and one of Borg's best playfields, but it's so ugly .......

Agreed 100%

1 week later
#45310 63 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

From what i hear is “coming next” it will be a long time before I get another Stern pin.

My sentiment exactly

Tony Hawk / Bones brigade is the only Stern rumor I've heard that gets my interest up.

#45315 63 days ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Isn’t D&D another rumored title? Don’t see that getting much love

I haven't heard that rumor yet, but that one might get me interested as well. 80s kid here

1 week later
#45585 53 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

also a Zamboni that eats the ball

It had BETTER eat the damn ball. Missed opportunity if not, and I'm out!

2 weeks later
#45849 34 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I think Stern is and Needs to be more tactful on their releases, themes and timing.
Market is VERY selective right now and banking $ rather than spending.
Stern likely moving titles around, or changing around as to maximize sales potential and their yearly numbers.
IJ would’ve been DOA, like Venom.
I’m just guessing. I know nothing lol

I agree with this. Wick will also be DOA in my opinion. Same with X men 97 if that ever comes to fruition. Probably sell as well or slightly worse than venom. I'm also guessing and know nothing.

#45871 34 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If Xmen were done right, I'd be listing a game the same day to pay for one.

Of course there will be people for whom x men 97 is a dream theme, but I stand by what I stated earlier. I predict overall sales would be on par or slightly worse than Venom. Again, I fully admit to knowing nothing, and I should be listened to under no circumstances

#45878 33 days ago

Wick is a hard pass for me, location play only. New designer however, that's intriguing

#45990 30 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

PF LE is the best game for the money and it includes one of the best toppers made! Now if we could only get the game. lol! Stern and JJP are overpriced. I passed on the last 3 games!

Nah, PF got all the hype because of theme. As far as how it plays, it's blah after a few games. Our local arcade got one and for a week or two, it was all the rage. Now...... blah. No lastability.

1 week later
#46230 21 days ago

Lol, yup. Sublime ain't ever happening. IJ could be interesting, as could MOTU. But the rumor that I read here a while back that really gets me going is Bones Brigade/Tony hawk pro skater.

#46262 20 days ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Is BKSOR still a possibility for another run? Seems like they made a lot of toppers recently, but maybe there was a lot of demand?? Timing just seems odd for a title that is technically no longer in production. Then again, nothing is ever truly out of production at Stern these days.

I'd consider picking up a pro model if they ran it again. I've had my eye out for a reasonably priced used one for a while now.

#46383 19 days ago

I can say I'm definitely not in the top 1%. Far F'n from it, lol. Love how they put that skew of elitism in the title.

#46461 18 days ago

I think the odds of Pulp showing up at a steep discount are much higher than Labryinth. Cactus Canyon announced and took preorders in 2021 with most not showing up until last year, and a few people are still waiting on their LE's I believe. Thats 3ish years for delivery. Labryinth is 1000 machines due to be delivered within a year of announcement and a hard limit at that.
Pulp announced about a year ago and they are just now getting their production numbers up. Will take another year at this rate for them to finish cranking them out. There will be folks with deposits who have long moved on when their number is called.

I've played PF extensively at our local arcade. Love the film, but the game has no lastability once the newness runs its course. When the arcade first got the machine everyone was of course over the moon and praising how awesome it was. Now, a few months later, not many people play it at all. You'll definitely find them at a discount in a year or so.

#46540 16 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

If we’re going with Keanu Reeves movies I’d rather see point break!

With custom callouts from crazy Gary Busey!!

#46566 14 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Abba would probably sell.

Well, we'll know soon enough. You are aware this has been officially announced by Pinball Brothers, right?

#46670 11 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I can't tell if you are kidding or not. That game is great if you only have one arm.

I never really played this game much. What do you mean by this?

#46677 11 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The layout isn't very even. You can almost play one handed. Add in one of the worst upper playfield (premium) in decades and a completely useless magnasave and it's a real turd imo.
I don't think there is a huge demand for a rerun but there must be some people looking. Different strokes for different folks.

Gotcha, I've only put a few games on a premium and agree on the upper playfield. I'd consider a pro at the right deal. I remember enjoying it, but again, very limited playtime

#46689 11 days ago

Yeah. I'm just going to sit tight until the right deal on a used one pops up. 7k for a NIB pro in this market is too much for me. I'd be in on a used one for a little over 5k. Still holding my breath for Tony Hawk / Bones Brigade anyway. That one I'm all in.

#46691 11 days ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Be nice if they re ran Batman 66!

Now that's crazy talk. Hush your mouth. No need for them to do something crazy like that.......

#46770 7 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Comic overlay for Walking Dead cab and playfield and they'll sell a TON of Lyman's best game (and one of Borg's best designs) that so few own because of the atrociously ugly art package.

I also like to see an upgrade to LCD screen. Doesn't even have To be TV show footage. Just comic art style animations to go along with the revamped cab and playfield art. I'd buy one

#46828 6 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If we're doing more pork, the only one I'll allow is Porky's.

There had better be a hole in the back wall that you stick your ball into, otherwise, I'm out. Total missed opportunity.

#46962 33 hours ago
Quoted from beltking:

You think wick will sell all the LEs like jaws at 1000? I love wick but I’m going to prob hold off in hopes of getting one cheaper later. Losing 3k isn’t worth it anymore. I don’t play one pin enough. Hoping for a $12k le price maybe but doubt it.

No way Wick sells out 1000 LEs. No way in hell. You can still find Jaws LEs out there occasionally, and Jaws is a much broader/better theme. Market is saturated, especially at $13k for the LE
Personally I have no idea why Wick is even a theme for pinball. It's your run of the mill shoot em up action movie.

#46964 33 hours ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

We get it it’s cool to shit on a John Wick pinball machine here on pinside. Some of us find it a great theme and are looking forward to it.
It’s absolutely not a run of the mill shoot em up action movie.

Well, I didn't "shit on it" but ok. Still, no way it sells 1000 LEs at $13k. That's all I'm sayin'. Glad you're looking forward to it, and I hope you enjoy it if it's the next release.

#46966 33 hours ago

Wasn't the internet created so we can Shit on things?

#46968 32 hours ago
Quoted from badfish981:

will do better than venom but less than jaws

This. However, it wouldn't suprise me if it was on par or even less than Venom based on theme alone. Perhaps the layout/coding could be a factor. But based strictly on theme, WIck is an odd choice for Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,489 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=CoolCatPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.