Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#876 6 years ago

Ghoulardi...... every pinhead in the Cleveland area would buy one!!

IMG_6706 (resized).PNGIMG_6706 (resized).PNG

5 months later
#1376 6 years ago

Jonny Quest ! what boy back in the late 60’s didn’t want to be flying around in a cool jet facing danger like that kid ?

4 weeks later
#1453 6 years ago

Josie and the Pussycats

2 weeks later
#1825 6 years ago

I just posted a related subject / suggestion on the Steve Ritchie Iron Maiden “ video forum subject. A pin that is generic in design but adaptable with your music tastes ... kinda like a pin IPod : I guess.

2 months later
#2226 5 years ago

If it is Munsters, I might have to reconsider my Ghostbusters purchase. Are you saying it gets announced in September / October and shipped in 2019?

#2230 5 years ago

F6EF4115-AD82-495A-BC24-B430FC7C5A53 (resized).pngF6EF4115-AD82-495A-BC24-B430FC7C5A53 (resized).png

AFFB2423-7D04-4401-A635-BE6231016B7E (resized).pngAFFB2423-7D04-4401-A635-BE6231016B7E (resized).png

#2246 5 years ago

....., you forgot Jonny Quest in your list!

3 weeks later
#2332 5 years ago

How about an Incredibles pin? Disney would be a pain to work with but could be very cool.

6 months later
#2555 5 years ago

I’ll say it again.... and again.....Jonny Quest ! Check out the gadgets, villains and music( would be the best ever in pinball)

5 months later
#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I guess I’m buyin nothing for the rest of the year. Bit snoozy for me. I’m sure a lot will love it but I’m out.

I’m with you. The next pin rumors are uninspiring to me. The only thing that may convince me to purchase Stern NIB at all would be a Munsters or GB re-work. Otherwise, I’m waiting for a later run Wonka LE.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Brian. Eddy. That name should make anyone give serious consideration to any Stern pin with his name on it. I'm not psyched that it might be Jurassic World, but the man hasn't made a bad pin and HAS made a handful of all-time classics. Interested to see what he does with Stern next.

Very true. I might buy a Tele Tubby theme if Brian was in on it!

#3348 4 years ago

Gave me flu like symptoms watching it with my toddler every morning at 6AM on PBS .... but he liked it.

1 week later
#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Can you get any gayer than Teletubbies?

It was the weirdest thing to ever be on kid tv.

1 week later
#3476 4 years ago

Spaceballs !

2 weeks later
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I hope its a re-theme of Pabst Blue Ribbon into Colt 45 with Billy Dee Williams on the translite.
This is a way better use of Lando Calrissian than a Star Wars home version.[quoted image]

My distributorship sold Colt 45 many moons ago. Somewhere in the very early eighties they introduced the biggest flop in beer history with “ Cool Colt” .....menthol/ mint flavored. They forced shipped us 2000 cases. We literally ended up taking all 2000 cases to the landfill after it went outdated in our warehouse.

1 month later
#4441 4 years ago

Do any of you think Stern will run a few more Ghostbusters and GOT’s after the code updates?

2 weeks later
#4485 4 years ago

Ghostbusters Premium please! The new code will stir up some demand.

3 weeks later
#4634 4 years ago

Spaceballs

#4742 4 years ago

I think a “B sci fi movie” theme utilizing multiple titles like The Blob, Them, Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman, Forbidden Planet, would be cool.

1 week later
#5105 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wonder if a Pee Wee game would have flashers ...

“Ball search” would be a regular feature!

2 weeks later
#5497 4 years ago

How about this one?!

EA31EE09-FCED-484D-B280-ECDAD5CB3F5B (resized).pngEA31EE09-FCED-484D-B280-ECDAD5CB3F5B (resized).png
#5505 4 years ago

How about a vintage/ retro Vegas pin? Music would be killer.

#5508 4 years ago

I’d be all over an original ST. I would imagine getting approvals from all of those actors would be tough... especially Shatner.

#5524 4 years ago

I’ve played maybe 10 games on a JP Pro. As good as that game is, it’s worth a wait to see what Brian Eddy( please not TMNT) has cooked up as well as CGC’s 4th game before buying.

#5527 4 years ago

I believe Brian was hired two years ago and would have to assume he has been developing something all that time. Seems odd that he would be put on a title like TMNT.It doesn’t take two years to bring a game like that to market. I thought he would do a unique homegrown title.

#5530 4 years ago

I don’t even recall seeing him in any of the recent Stern / Dead Flip game unveilings? He’s locked up developing a new unique title or the LOTR vault. He might literally be imprisoned in the vault!

1 week later
#5647 4 years ago

2020:
Forbidden Planet
The Day the Earth Stood Still (50’s b/w version)
Blues Brothers
Jonny Quest

#5651 4 years ago

How about the George Reeves Superman which has both b/w and color episodes. Bad special effects, dopey villains all would combine for a perfect Steve Ritchie/ Lyman game. Kryptonite would reduce your flipper power By 50%.....

2 weeks later
#6015 4 years ago

I think an American Revolutionary War theme, like Medieval Madness, could be fun.

2 months later
#6817 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just make this.......[quoted image]

2 months later
#7475 3 years ago

this shutdown will most likely alter the number of games released, will it not?

2 weeks later
#7626 3 years ago

Pinside sure is boring without any new pin titles being announced and the usual discussion and banter that typically ensues!

#7680 3 years ago

“The Incredibles” designed by Lyman or Elwin would be incredible.

1 month later
#8450 3 years ago

They are fools if they don’t do this....

FED59777-3FA4-4D86-A193-E6531F17E081 (resized).pngFED59777-3FA4-4D86-A193-E6531F17E081 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#8743 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Likely late Sep/Oct is what I’ve heard.

Would that be it for the year or might they intro a Kapow title before year end? BTTF?!

1 week later
#9122 3 years ago

All I know is that despite its seemingly good gameplay, at my age, if I had TMNT in my basement my wife and kids would put me away.

3 weeks later
#10110 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You mean Malcolm Forbes?

I spent a day with Malcolm Forbes a long time ago....was a nice guy.

#10115 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Did he advise you to invest in pinball machines?

He spoke at our small college here( Heidelberg University) and I was his host. I toured
his B707 Jet “ Capitalist Tool” . I recall it being a few months after he crashed his hot air balloon somewhere in Europe. He was very personable and charmingly quirky.

#10130 3 years ago

BTTF , Bond and/ or Godzilla by Christmas would make me happy

#10133 3 years ago

I love the layout but too old to have that theme in my game room I’m afraid.

#10154 3 years ago

Potential Kapow titles,BTTF and Bond, would be two themes that I could allow and enjoy in my game room.

1 week later
#10251 3 years ago

BTTF, Godzilla( original )

1 month later
#10861 3 years ago

A Sean Connery 007 with that cool 60’s vibe would be great

#10910 3 years ago

Elwin or Lyman on BTTF would be an automatic buy.

#11080 3 years ago

Jason and the Argonauts !

3914C1BA-BE53-44F0-9571-74D458813E76 (resized).png3914C1BA-BE53-44F0-9571-74D458813E76 (resized).png
#11156 3 years ago

Any chance BTTF, Godzilla or some other title could happen before LZ? I’m really Jonesing for a new pin and LZ ain’t it. I loved them in high school but not my thing now.

#11344 3 years ago

Instant buy

85B710B7-7B5C-45D1-9C8F-FF43623B008C (resized).png85B710B7-7B5C-45D1-9C8F-FF43623B008C (resized).png
#11368 3 years ago

A big splash.....BTTF, LOTR Vault

1 week later
#11463 3 years ago

How hard could it really be to regain the BTTF rights. I mean, none of the actors to my knowledge are acting right now. Most hang their hat on that movie and would make sense to profit from it again. Michael Fox has a foundation that I’m sure would benefit from royalties. What’s so horrible about having your likeness on a freaking pinball machine!? Christopher Lloyd is a great character actor but he’s no A List Hollywood icon. What am I missing?

#11472 3 years ago

I’ll take Godzilla or a Connery 007...just no more comic book themes please....unless it’s a “ Bud Man” super hero game !

#11485 3 years ago

If we have an Octoberfest pin, a Welk pin isn’t that far fetched !

2 weeks later
#12174 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

New Bond movie is April 2. Daniel Craig's last. Would be a perfect time for an all-encompassing Bond franchise pin. Or at least a Daniel Craig bond pin...

If it’s a Daniel Craig or a combo of all Bond actors, I’m out. For me, only a Connery/ cool 60’s vibe theme and music with a touch of humor such as Lyman did with Batman will do.

#12315 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Van Halen tour 1981.
America's coolest band, at their [quoted image]height.
[quoted image]

Alex and his wife stabled a horse in Florida next to my daughter’s last winter. My wife about died when they moved their horse in as she grew up a big fan. She was cool though, and said he was a real nice guy but deaf as a stone. The owners of the barn had a room set up for him with an electric drum kit so he could pass the time while his wife rode.

#12419 3 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

We never grab licenses without plans to use them. Many of us have wanted to do Godzilla for a long long time. I can not speak to when the game will be made or who will be working on it. All I can say is that mudwrestling was involved.

Hope you snagged this one!

5B4A3436-1FFE-4472-AF0B-8EBBBFAA3D61 (resized).png5B4A3436-1FFE-4472-AF0B-8EBBBFAA3D61 (resized).png
1 week later
#12556 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

War of the worlds 50s style

How about the classic 50’s “ The Day the Earth Stood Still”

“The Blob”
“ Forbidden Planet”

#12677 3 years ago

Loved Highlander back in the 80’s. For some reason, watching the acting now is a chore.

#12829 3 years ago

Is that a rock band of some sort or the stoners from my ‘77 high school graduating class?

#12832 3 years ago

My bad, it’s the Eagles... feel free to downvote my last post !

#12945 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

riffing a bit....How about WWII? or even the American Revolution? (staying away from some more controversial conflicts....)

American Revolution in the same sort of style as Medieval Madness could work.

#13063 3 years ago

Toho Godzilla
BTTF
Connery 007
Vault LOTR
Spaceballs
Jonny Quest

#13097 3 years ago

I love the Floyd but fail to see how they transfer to a pin? Not enough energy.

#13169 3 years ago

Jonny Quest( original 1964 version) was made for pinball.....the best villains, coolest gadgets that were before their time back in 1964, incredible theme song/ multi ball music. Hanna B cannot be an expensive license to acquire. George G, you KNOW I am right on this one....admit it and then make it! If you intro Scooby Doo before Jonny Q ( hey that rhymes!) , you’re crazy. If anyone reading this has no clue what I’m talking about, go look up the original...not the later version and join the movement !

39EFE7EC-A08A-4C1D-A042-6F6F1ED2C638 (resized).png39EFE7EC-A08A-4C1D-A042-6F6F1ED2C638 (resized).png
#13229 3 years ago

The only cartoon pin a 62 year old man like me could buy and not be scorned by my older friends and family would be Jonny Quest. Plus, JQ music is much better suited to the fast action of pinball. Admittedly, Scoob probably appeals to more kids / younger families as you still see those toys in stores.

#13276 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A Welk layout by Elwin and rules by Lyman would sell. However, Lyman is still got a bunch of work left to finish EHOH, so Welk is being pushed to end of 2022.
Godzilla is not strong enough theme for me. I will be passing but one thing could turn that around, introduction of King Kong. Godzilla vs Kong would be highly appealing. As we have never heard of Stern acquiring the dinosaur license, the next pin will be limited to Godzilla and friends. Maybe game will be good enough to win over new fans and I definitely want to play it.

If the Big Ape is part of that game, it would be cool if they included in the call outs, “Kong, Kong, Kong!” from the 80’s Beau Bridges version.

#13283 3 years ago

The music pin to end all music pins... there is no debate.

DDE51A61-85B6-4E7E-9A80-2FFA2497F9BF (resized).pngDDE51A61-85B6-4E7E-9A80-2FFA2497F9BF (resized).png
1 week later
#13568 3 years ago

I would think BTTF would be easier to secure than you might think.
MJF could send royalties to his foundation and the other actors aren’t exactly A List and could probably use the cash. It’s not like someone is putting their likenesses on the head of a a Pez dispenser for goodness sake.... it’s pinball!

#13754 3 years ago

Maybe Incredibles?

#13762 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

It’s got the colors in that teaser
[quoted image]

No way they do two music pins in a row is there?

2 weeks later
#14454 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man I really wish Pinball could move up a couple of decades. I kick tires of every new machine. Star Wars and Dead Pool had the most potential for me. These days it’s going to take a Pulp Fiction or John Wick to get my money. I might be convinced by Toy Story but it would have to be pretty amazing base model. Jaws is not horrible and my wife loves it but it’s not something I’m excited about. It would just end up on my one day used list. The right band from the 90s could get it done.

It seems you are a “theme first guy”, as am I. But you are on the young side and I am on the old side. It’s hard enough being my age and getting the grief for “ playing with toys” let alone the themes that are being offered lately. Ninja Turtles?!... no way.

#14472 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Nothing would kill a feeling of immersion into a Bond ‘world under glass’ more for me than having 4-5 different faces that are supposed to be the same person. Just my opinion.

Yeah, although I like Daniel Craig, he isn’t iconic like Connery. You have to go with the guy that spans pop culture and is the epitome of cool.

#14557 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rocky Horror is totally lost on me:
- It's a musical.
- I was 4.
- It was shown at midnight, which was way past my bedtime.
- Today, it's shown way past my bedtime again.

That movie gives me flu like symptoms

#14682 3 years ago

How about , “Patriot” . John Williams score, great story.

#14689 3 years ago

I don’t know the man personally so cannot make a judgement. I simply like some of his movies.

#14882 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Pumped about the positive response! Let's keep this as a working list and want to emphasize everyone's input. Rush and Pink Floyd have been added as 2s (how the heck did I miss those). Megadeth and Fortnite as 3s. Tweaked Batman, Jumanji, Beetle Juice and Red Hot Chili Peppers but left Godzilla alone as it seems to have a LOT of interest (even if not my thing). James Bond and Foo Fighters are already on there folks.
Love the suggestions of Slayer, Beavis & Butthead, Little Shop of Horrors, Blues Brothers, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Warriors, Mad Max, Kill Bill, Running Man, The Good Bad and Ugly, Men in Black, The Clash, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and Big Bang Theory, but there hasn't been much mention of any of these recently. Let's wait and see if any of them gain traction before adding. And to dispel any thoughts of bias, The Doors and The Good Bad and Ugly would be LE preorder for me.
1-Back to the Future
1-Batman (again)
3-Beetle Juice
3-Big Trouble in Little China
2-Black Sabbath
3-Blade Runner
1-Bond
3-Cobra Kai/Karate Kid
3-Dragon Ball Z
3-Dune
3-Eagles
2-Foo Fighters
2-Fortnite
1-Godzilla
2-Godzilla vs King Kong
1-Goonies
1-Harry Potter
3-He-Man
2-Horror
2-Jaws
2-Jumanji
2-Justice League
2-LOTR VE
1-Mandolorian
1-Matrix
3-Megadeath
1-Mortal Combat
2-Pink Floyd
3-Pokemon
2-Pulp Fiction
1-Queen
3-Red Hot Chili Peppers
2-Rocky Horror
2-Rush
2-Scooby-Doo
3-Sponge Bob
1-Star Wars (a pin that matches the strength of the franchise)
3-Starship Troopers
2-The Who
2-Thing (John Carpenter)
2-Top Gun
1-Toy Story
2-Tron VE
2-Van Halen

Jonny Quest man! Jonny Quest!
Incredibles
Space Balls

4 weeks later
#15986 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stern should release a beef jerky pin. Mainly because I just like beef jerky
[quoted image]

There is a heavenly jerky superstore in the same shopping complex as the Dundee ,Michigan Cabellas. Check it out.

#16086 3 years ago

If anyone makes a freaking Scooby Doo pin before Jonny Quest, then know that the world is in its last days. Cover your heads, because it will be the Seventh Sign.

1 week later
#17042 2 years ago

Did you have to use the word “fathom” in a Stern thread? That will just start more rumors !

#17043 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Still unable to fathom why this has not been done ?

1 month later
#18711 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So any truth that Journey might be Borg's game?
Really hoping Rush is code name for Journey.
Lyman and Journey could be an epic ride.
Don't stop believin', it may be true!

Steve Perry Journey, yes. Other,imposter guy...no.

EB6BDEE1-5438-49C5-BE37-EC241F480BB5 (resized).jpegEB6BDEE1-5438-49C5-BE37-EC241F480BB5 (resized).jpeg

#18725 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

All good mate , I love the debate , this is what's it's all about .

I wish we Americans had come up with the “ mate” thing. Sounds happy , friendly and cool but can’t use it!

2 months later
#20200 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

As some one who is actively saving to put a pool in the back yard for the family... this scares me.

Pool is the best thing I ever did, that is, while the kids were little. Now
That they are grown and out of the house ,I am the only one using it.

2 weeks later
#20958 2 years ago

These kind of movies leave me totally confused at the end ..... BTTF and why toilets below the equator flush in the opposite direction are beyond me.

#21133 2 years ago

What the heck are you doing up at 4am !? What the heck am I doing up?

#21291 2 years ago

I must admit to having a case of FOMO for every title beginning with Munsters. Turns out it was unfounded, as none of them ultimately appealed to me.

#21607 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Looks like I am gonna take the Godzilla off my dresser and install it in the machine. In place of the green thing.

If I buy a Premium, I will simply remove it. It’s a bit weird for a 62 year old to be playing with pinball toys let alone one with action figures in it.

#21673 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Not saying anything bad about Rush or BTTF but man how kick ass would THIS be as a pin! [quoted image]

VERY!

3 weeks later
#22107 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You'll put your eye out!

Correction; " you'll shoot your eye out !"

1 month later
#22801 2 years ago

If Stern were to attempt a non licensed title, I think an American Revolution/ Patriotic theme with a humorous take and style like Medieval Madness, would be a hit. What do you all think?

#22811 2 years ago

Too bad because our country “ saved the world” more than once.

#22875 2 years ago

Flip your order upside down and I would be happy.

1 week later
#23087 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

I think the next release is the Ruth Bader Ginsburg Harlem Globetrotters Supreme Basketball Court game. Of course it has RGB lighting only we call it RBG lighting . Supreme Count justices, Harlem Globetrotters, Scooby Doo gang, Justice League. Winner!

Actually, there is a basketball court in the Supreme Court building in DC....I was there back in the 80’s. Met Sandra Day O’Connor. Nice lady who played bball.

1 month later
#24399 2 years ago

I think it has to be Connery. He is quintessential cool and the 60’s vibe is more fun. Craig is too much of a hard ass, Moore and Brosnon over the years, now seem to lean metro sexual.

#24541 2 years ago

I think I prefer a more recent rendition of their look! Neil wore a cool hat

2 weeks later
#25197 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Insane that I haven’t seen this suggested yet. For me, I want something with a little harder edge. This fits the bill…[quoted image]

Or…..Hunt for Red October

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Budman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.