Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

411 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Ballderdash. You are on page 1 of 2.
#26571 1 year ago

crujones4life I could see Steve from Stranger Things (Joe Keery) playing the role of Marty McFly if Universal ever revisited the franchise. He has the look to pull off that outfit in the third picture of MJF. “It’s your kids Marty. Something has got to be done about your kids!” -Doc Brown

#26576 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Holy cow, I'd actually...be really OK with this. You're dead on that he's got the right vibe for it.

Oddly enough there is a call out to BTTF in Stranger Things season 3 involving Joe Keery and Dustin and they make references to Dad/Kids during the scene. I just stumbled upon this RN. *Mind Blown*

Also, in season 2, Steve Harrington (Joe) wears the same shoes as Marty in BTTF.

C5C6E610-1C31-4ED1-A522-E29C6CCCD4C6 (resized).jpegC5C6E610-1C31-4ED1-A522-E29C6CCCD4C6 (resized).jpeg
#26599 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Vacation pin would work for me. Maybe some Walley World and a family truckster in it.
This would have to be the back glass.
Great movie clips and Chevy Chase is here for call outs.
[quoted image]

Take my money!

It could say “Sorry Folks, The Park's Closed. The Moose Out Front Should've Told You...” until you light the lock.

Also, I was hoping for a Clark dancing in lederhosen easter egg inside of the Oktoberfest pin.

1 week later
#26809 1 year ago

I love lamp

#26813 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is it being led by them though, who are really the cultural jihadists?
Anyhoo, whats the latest Disney/Marvel pin being released!

JJP rumor has latest Disney pin being Toy Story.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/14#post-6922270

#26857 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I am waiting on the new Godzilla vs. ultra-MAGA pinball machine from STERN. I hear it's great!

Or how about particle man vs triangle man?

#26864 1 year ago

Is the Bond in development a Connery Bond or a Craig Bond?

#26961 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Hahaha! So what would be fun is a “theme park” non licensed theme that just ripped the absolute bejesus out of Disney, Universal and the other parks. Mock them at every turn with just enough ambiguity to keep the lawyers at bay.

So, Walley World?

#26972 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

You're the exception here I'd wager. HP would be a top selling pin for whomever scored that license, putting weaker licenses like Godzilla and such to shame.

Problem is they can’t get Alan Rickman to do the call outs anymore

Also +1 for BTTF > HP

#26979 1 year ago

I hear Pogs are coming back. Maybe they’ll make a game with that theme. It will have no ramps or spinners just captured balls everywhere to slam into.

#26994 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Aside from the fact that everyone but Aykroyd is dead, The Blues Brothers would make a truly epic game. Call outs. Music. Endless possibilities for modes.

Agree!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blues-brothers-re-theme

1 week later
#27284 1 year ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

I get all the murderers and murder and guns and cops and war on the nightly news i need.

Stop watching the “news”... It’s all propaganda anyway.

#27305 1 year ago

I’ll admit big movie franchises are easy money making pinball titles due to their popularity. However, for longevity of play and universal appeal I prefer original themes. Just thinking of how many are in the top 100, there are too many to list. I’d like to see companies get back to taking chances being creative rather than play it safe licensing pop culture IP. Props to Dialed In and Oktoberfest for doing just that.

#27323 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Craig makes the most sense for all ages.
Connery wouldn't appeal to younger players.

This may be true, but Connery is still the best Bond. Change my mind.

#27329 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I hope Bond is released with Connery. The Best Bond hands down!

Galore a-go-go!

1 week later
#27500 1 year ago

Removed. Wrong thread.

#27531 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Just bought 20 spots for BTTF!
[quoted image]

“Hey, kid. Thumb a hundred bucks, will ya, and secure your spot in line”.

B97820E9-8C49-452A-9E3C-55BF81FBD724 (resized).pngB97820E9-8C49-452A-9E3C-55BF81FBD724 (resized).png
#27658 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

With the new TS4 release from JJP. The bar is pretty low for Stern. Hopefully their next game is a good one.

Stern should absolutely announce the title right now. It would pull every last bit of wind out of TS4 sails/sales.

#27713 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

I un-ironically would LOVE to make a Barbie pin, Ha!
Dreamhouse, water slide, corvette, hospital/vet area!

Now imagine making a pin where you couldn’t use any of those assets for a world under glass and you insert barbie cake toppers instead...

Too soon?

#27738 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Why? Are you a British loyalist or something? Still upset about the kings tea are we?

Wait until you find out who really rules the world. https://www.sinhalanet.net/three-corporations-run-the-world-city-of-london-washington-dc-and-vatican-city

#27740 1 year ago

Hidden in plain sight so it seems ridiculous.

#27779 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Where are the toppers!!!!????

J/K. It’s all in fun.

C9FDBC8D-E448-44C7-9698-AA0DA3BF4D25 (resized).jpegC9FDBC8D-E448-44C7-9698-AA0DA3BF4D25 (resized).jpeg
#27903 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

We know you wanted True Lies, but here's Jingle All The Way - The Pin.

Complete with a Turboman cake topper... No corners cut!

#28021 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Next stern announcement has to be coming fairly soon if August is the production schedule. This next stern is seeming like more of a mystery than usual.

It’s ok if they miss the production window because they can always go “back in time”

#28026 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You won't win any trivia nights over here with those explanations .
I hope they don't go with the cartoon version for Back to the Future [quoted image]

As long as they don’t use cake toppers and charge 12k...

#28069 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I am 1000000% in on a BTTF pin. Day 1

Me too, unless there are cake toppers involved...

#28079 1 year ago

And I would buy a DE BTTF in a second if a nice one popped up close at a good price. Wish I would have bought one when they were like $3500.

“I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season... put some money on the Cubbies!”

1 week later
#28248 1 year ago

Peanuts
The Neverending Story
Anything Star Wars

The Muppets.
Blues Brothers.
The Matrix.
Sonic.

Wildest pipe dream theme = ToeJam & Earl: Planet Pinballtron

#28250 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I actually spoke to Gary a number of years ago about The Muppets. It sounded like it was actually considered but the shop had sailed. I was really interested in the title but I agreed with him after hearing his reasoning.

Statler and Waldorf call outs would be amazing and so many other ways to integrate the theme. Muppetvision 3D at Disney would be a good place to start.

#28252 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Muppets are so outdated now. My kids didn’t even care when we took them to the 3d muppets show at Disney.

Is Jaws dated? BTTF? Who holds the purse strings to buy and majority play the machines? Old, yes... Irrelevant? No.

#28253 1 year ago

If using a Disney asset maybe Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway for a good homepin. Fun ride with flashy artwork and cutscenes for different modes.

#28265 1 year ago

You know I hadn't really considered it before but a Micky The Mouse pin would be hard to resist.

The topper would write itself. Mouse ears of course!

#28279 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yup, bring this on please Stern Pinball
[quoted image]

Is this the game and the code name is Bond?

#28500 1 year ago

Blues Brothers is such a missed opportunity. Easy license, amazing call outs. Low risk for high reward. Age demographic is perfect for those with disposable income. ...Hit it!

#28509 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Trying to figure out how they can get 150 Chicago police cars on a tiny playfield....

Two words-

Cake. Toppers.

#28669 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Yes, must have the early tracks, Randy Rhoads. Oh no, here we go now..

“Rhoads? Where we’re going, we don’t need...Rhoads.”

BTTF it is!!!

#28687 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

I thought I heard Ozzy on a podcast mention he's still mad at himself he didn't take the offer to be in BTTF 3 when he was approached before ZZ Top . . . . . . . the dot's are connecting nicely
[quoted image]

D38B4C2C-28F3-43EB-8DA0-53953D249EFA (resized).jpegD38B4C2C-28F3-43EB-8DA0-53953D249EFA (resized).jpeg
#28785 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Wonder if BTTF will ever be done. Speaking of interestingly Hyundai are stepping up their game with a new concept car looking very much like a modern Delorian.
[quoted image]

“Wait a minute, Doc... Uh, are you telling me you built a time machine out of a Hyundai?”

#28847 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They are announcing BTTF3: Western Carnival to compete with TS4.
No Biff, no Doc, no Marty.... but it will have a frisbee pie plate taking up a quarter of the PF.
Callouts by Needles.....
[quoted image]

That actor recently did some work in the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series, so.......

What’s wrong Gary Stern??? Chicken?!

#28887 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

She’s vaccinated, lol.

For clarification and informational purposes I provide the following from https://www.comic-con.org/cci/covid-19-faq

“Everyone attending Comic-Con will be required to wear an approved face covering regardless of vaccination status.”

Also from the con’s FAQs

“Will you remove guests who do not comply with the face mask policy?”

“Yes. This policy is in place to ensure the health and safety of all fans. Security will be on-site to support adherence to the policy.”

#28898 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

My 2 dream themes were/are Oktoberfest and the Blues Brothers
One has come true, Now I'm on a mission from God!

This is pinball gold. Orange whip anyone?

#28923 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Only to find out Bill and Ted beat him to the kill of 007 and Decides to go to Avatar's Pandora to meet up with The guardians of the galaxy and Jake Sully to catch a concert. But they can not decide between Foo Fighters or Van Halen..

And finally come to the realization that they were in fact plugged into the matrix all along and have been living in a simulation.

#28943 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What is next? Venom, spawn or bond?

D:

BTTF

#28951 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Pokemon would be the safest anime/video game pin that would attract non pinball fans in droves. That would be an instant buy machine for me.

I’m not a huge fan of the franchise but the capture a pokemon, creature level ups and gym battle progressions literally writes itself into a pin. I would be interested.

#28956 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Not to mention stern could potentially integrate their insider connect to allow people to "trade" pokemon between machines. How crazy would that be?

Next level crazy. The type of innovation we need.

#29051 1 year ago

Take my money Gary. I want BTTF.

#29054 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

With the new movie coming.. You just can't go wrong with the BTTF hype..

New movie?

#29107 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nice poster in the background..
[quoted image]

“The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a pinball machine, why not do it with some style?”

-Gary Stern
(At the August cornerstone announcement)

#29110 1 year ago

At 32:49 Gary says of DE BTTF - “It was a great game, it’s a pretty dated title right now”

What does that mean?

#29122 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

When he said it "was" a great game I took it as the game itself didn't age well. Not the theme itself. Meaning it's almost pre DMD era it's time for a fresh version!

He said dated “title”. To him in this context, title = theme unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, can anyone fill me in on how/when the BTTF rumor got started?

#29131 1 year ago

On another note along the lines of Pokemon and Mario Kart... A Lego Movie pin would be fun and work thematically. A master builder collecting pieces (targets/shots) to create an object (mode) in order to defeat Lord Business etc (mini wizards).

#29138 1 year ago

Sideshow collectibles Hot Toys, Lego, Playmobil, Funko POP, etc etc etc all know BTTF isn't dated as they all have released new figures, art, games, kits and toys recently. So much a part of pop culture that the Ready Player One book and movie featured the DeLorean time machine as the main character’s car. BTTF is as relevant as ever with tons of assets to pull from for a pin.

#29150 1 year ago

TMNT - DE
Star Wars - DE
Jurassic Park - DE
Simpsons - DE
Elvira - Bally
All remade by Gare Bare.

I like this trend line.

#29153 1 year ago

The owner of a company doesn’t dress up in a Doc Brown costume unless he’s totally committed to a franchise. I think Gary has a soft spot for BTTF. Has anyone seen Gary dressed up like Homer or as Hammond from Jurassic Park? I like these odds.

#29174 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Okay, let's picture the next game being Back to the Future.
Perhaps a flux capacitor toy that lights up when hit X number of times or better yet on the playfield itself? Gotta have a Delorean feature; perhaps a gullwing door scoop/lock?

Love these ideas. I think a flux capacitor under the playfield like CFTBL or TBL would be cool. I had originally pictured a 3 ball locking flux capacitor where the balls form the 3 corners of the “Y” and then activate a time circuit multiball to travel to a new mode. I like the gullwing door idea too like TMNT van.

Expression lighting up the rails would be perfect for 88mph strobe flashes and fire trails when traveling through time.

An enchantment under the sea hurry-up would be cool having to get George and Lorraine to fall in love before Marty’s picture fades!

Other ideas in the hype thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott

#29176 1 year ago

I dont want to set us up for failure because I have so many ideas for this pin that my expectations might exceed reality. I would pay $15k+ for a machine that incorporates all the mechs and cool stuff. I want it packed and priced accordingly, not thin and cheap. Do it, and do it right Gary!

TS4 was thin and expensive... a losing combination. DE BTTF was thin and affordable... fine but underwhelming. Go big or go home, the fans want a show piece. This will be the last go around for the age group on the BTTF nostalgia train. We want maximum ROI.

#29177 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

That flux capacitor lock idea is fantastic.

Thanks. Time circuit display for time traveling modes is easily done on the TV screen. A physical flux capacitor (toy/mech) is a must!

#29179 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

there is no pinball experience worth 15K, I don't care how loaded it is.

Artwork comes in many forms. I would view a packed BTTF pin as both entertainment and a piece of art (if done right). I’m sure I’m not the only one that gets joy from just looking at my machines.

#29191 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Yeah, there are so many things wrong with his post... it's pretty cringey.

Using this doll, show me where the bad man hurt you...

#29194 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It seems like for one week every month, this thread is hijacked and turns into the back to the future hype thread. If you want to talk BTTF hype, that's the better thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott

I provided the link in post 29174. This still is a stern speculation thread and new information from a recent interview sparked the BTTF conversation. It’s relevant.

#29197 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Their ravenous desire is bound by neither thread nor logic until such day that Gary Stern bestows upon them a Christopher Lloyd & Huey Lewis game.
Just imagine if the LE cabinet is a massive side view of a Delorean in silver foil, with brushed stainless armor. Pandemonium.

Only if the glass opens sideways on a gullwing hinge. Lol.

#29203 1 year ago

My point was if Stern is going to do it, don’t skimp. Sure make a pro for being on route or to hit a price point, but for me and a theme that wont be revisited for a long time if ever, pack it (LE). And if the price has to go up in order to reach a high BOM then do it! I’d rather pay for a fully integrated mechanical masterpiece then settle on a “what could of been great” pin to save a few bucks. There are so many unbelievably great assets to use for toys, sculpts, mechs etc that it would be a shame to end up with cake toppers a la TS4.

#29206 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A fully integrated mechanical masterpiece? This is still the Stern hype thread right? Lol.

Lol. Totally. That is why I prefaced with this “I dont want to set us up for failure because I have so many ideas for this pin that my expectations might exceed reality.” Hence, a dream theme.

I bet there were plenty of die hard disney/TS/Lawlor fans that thought his final JJP/TS was going to be his swan song masterpiece. *Sad noises

#29210 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think Godzilla Prem/LE qualifies...?

Definitely checks a lot of boxes. In showbiz they say “the money is on the screen” when they use their budget to the fullest and put it all out there. Innovation and risk plus passion and attention to detail can create some awesome results. Elwin and the team did awesome with GZ and is being rewarded as such with sales and praise (# 1 rank).

#29218 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

He was sitting there thinking "those fuckin' nerds on Pinside are gonna east this up!!"

And how many 80’s dads will buy his game rather than fork out $ for Forky.

#29248 1 year ago

Stern, you can hire me later... but why not experiment with a flipper design that rotates greater than 50° whose further travel is controlled by a second cabinet button? You could add another 10-20° to reach the wide shots and make the center with power. Burn me at the stake if you must for heresy but I’m an out of the box thinker.

#29251 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Because everybody loves weird flippers???[quoted image]

Works for Jai alai. Lol

039113FF-F84B-4DED-AAFE-0894A3E2207E (resized).png039113FF-F84B-4DED-AAFE-0894A3E2207E (resized).png
#29252 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Two separate flipper buttons on each side is a disaster.

Would it help if we labeled them with letters of the alphabet? Works well for video gamers.

77D1EB01-2B26-4C53-BE24-FCB3F7C8DE7A (resized).jpeg77D1EB01-2B26-4C53-BE24-FCB3F7C8DE7A (resized).jpeg
#29255 1 year ago

I agree with the above. It’s like a solution gone looking for a problem. K.I.S.S.

#29260 1 year ago

Jaws might have a cult following for the movies (and shark week is a thing) but BTTF has the mass appeal and the merchandising. Haven’t seen many Jaws toys that I can think of.

#29261 1 year ago

I want BTTF but my money is on Bond. They would’ve capitalized on the Shark Week buzz if they were launching a Jaws pin.

#29264 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not an issue of knowing what they are, it's moving to another button to flip a different flipper or flip differently. It's just inefficient and dumb.

I don’t know how this game had any success then...

72A18B37-8B66-4B2E-801C-573459E5F613 (resized).jpeg72A18B37-8B66-4B2E-801C-573459E5F613 (resized).jpeg
#29267 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Put those buttons on each side of the cabinet and see what kind of success it has.

We’d all agree that nudging and shaking the cabinet is another form of player input and there are no specific control locations for that. Adding a second button (such as for a magnet grab) is already common. Separate flipper control is not a stretch.

#29269 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Two separate flipper controls on each side of the cab is a bad design. No one's ready to follow Multimorphic off that cliff.

API’s Oktoberfest does exactly that for their one handed beer drinking mode.

5B6EBB8A-4EA2-472A-BE7F-A15511DD689E (resized).jpeg5B6EBB8A-4EA2-472A-BE7F-A15511DD689E (resized).jpeg
#29273 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But how is splitting flippers onto multiple buttons on each side of the cabinet better? Stupid, clunky and BOM that could be used for something actually useful or interesting to the game.

Some people lack vision or are stuck in their ways. I understand.

How many times has one of your balls hit the underside of a lifted 3rd flipper because you forgot to let go of your button fast enough on a lower flipper shot to let it pass? Two flippers simultaneously firing on one control button has its drawbacks. Separate control opens up more possibilities. On multiball especially I would prefer to have independent controls.

#29299 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Same. Except I'll be sleeping while all the preorders fill up. I wake up to the Price-Is-Right losing horn every time.

#29448 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Talking about how bad it sucks and how it should have had this or that.

Nope. That’s the TS4 thread.

#29455 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

[quoted image]

Mom’s spaghetti MULTIBALL!!!

#29456 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Eminem’s new album is pinball themed would have been great to launch an actual pinball with the album.

Are you saying Stern had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in an Eminem pin and they didn’t capture it, they let it slip?

#29493 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

I'll put on my aluminum hat with ya. Jack just posted the green screen catapult gif. Catapults are pretty synonyms with castles, and there are he man catapult toys. Also many many months ago he was fishing for comments in stream for people's favorite classic cartoons and animation. ALSO was posted in his "hmmm" trolling post from comicon.
He-man is recognizable enough but assumingly a cost effective IP to say the least. I think it has legs for his cornerstone

Link taken down. Hmmm, plot thickens.

#29566 1 year ago

Bond is code for the strong relationship between Gary Stern and Bob Gale and the “Bond” between Marty and Doc. It’s BTTF!

#29629 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Teaser tomorrow…….

You asking or telling?

#29635 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

………….Teaser today?

Teaser yesterday... Doc Brown’s plutonium?

58404814-FD64-4529-9C1B-DCB8478723F2 (resized).jpeg58404814-FD64-4529-9C1B-DCB8478723F2 (resized).jpeg
#29654 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Hate to be the voice of common sense here, but that’s just a photo of someone’s game room. Does it also mean Monkey Island Pinball is coming, because of the poster? Don’t get yourselves overhyped for a let down.

Per a podcast I listened to (TPN or Eclectic Gamers) they said that this live stream giveaway basically seemed scripted and the contestants were made up of Stern employees and other insiders. If that’s the case then this photo was more planned than not. This is a PR photo op, not a random episode of pinball cribs.

#29660 1 year ago

Some of you would be real fun at parties. Thankfully none of mine.

#29677 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then there's always this:
[quoted image]

So Pee Wee’s big adventure then? (Since Francis - Mark Holton) is in the background...

#29717 1 year ago

People are so sensitive in this hobby. You guys are starting to sound like the CCr and TS4 threads. Lol.

#29721 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL... I got a nice quick laugh out of that... So true...
Jeff

They literally started comparing bank account balances in the TS4 thread.

#29725 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Damn... That might be a new level of petty we've reached on Pinside... LOL
Jeff

Yep and calling out others for sharing suspected fake pin collection pictures.

#29728 1 year ago

My observation so far is all of the American Pinball threads are very civil and helpful. Ghostbusters is old but on point. And the BTTF2 Hype thread is where it’s at and where it’s gonna be! Lol.

#29730 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Wow! 20 posts in this thread in an hour or two, it's finally revealed.
(anxiously clicks thread)
finds: just a bunch of pointless* arguments about Rush.
(sigh)

Working our way towards 1000 to fool LeMansFan when he gets back... lol

I’m on a flight back from Asia tomorrow. If there’s like 1000 new posts in this thread by the time I land I’ll know we heard something.

#29731 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Wow! 20 posts in this thread in an hour or two, it's finally revealed.
(anxiously clicks thread)
finds: just a bunch of pointless* arguments about Rush.
(sigh).

Working our way towards 1000 to fool LeMansFan when he gets back... LOL!

Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m on a flight back from Asia tomorrow. If there’s like 1000 new posts in this thread by the time I land I’ll know we heard something.

#29732 1 year ago

+1 Additional post for effect. Hehe

#29752 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Four legs, at least 2 flippers, and at least 1 ball - that's all one needs.

I have two legs, one flipper and two balls and my wife says that’s all she needs.

#29760 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Mine can't keep her hands of my plunger!

Hope she’s figured out the skill shot

#29825 1 year ago

Here we see the conversation that took place after the Gary Stern Barstool Sports interview... https://www.barstoolsports.com/video/3426365/the-king-of-the-pinball-industry

3F797E77-FD15-4402-BD5F-5078E3B6E4ED (resized).jpeg3F797E77-FD15-4402-BD5F-5078E3B6E4ED (resized).jpeg
#29855 1 year ago

They are drawing attention to the time machine portion of Rush on their Twitter image.

F3AC824A-A6EB-4F67-AF75-C9B69A1DAC66 (resized).jpegF3AC824A-A6EB-4F67-AF75-C9B69A1DAC66 (resized).jpeg
#29868 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

You HAVE to get an LE! It's destiny

It’s his density...

#29870 1 year ago

^ What did I say about being fun at parties?

#29886 1 year ago

Venom can snake bite my butt.

Bottle opener = B
T-shirt = T

Next two giveaways are another T-shirt and then a Frisbee.

They are spelling BTTF!

#29921 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

So you're saying...[quoted image]

Monty Python “Knights of the Pinball Table”

#30023 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Sorry, I’m new to pinside.

“As useful as a screen door on a battleship...” -Biff

#30029 1 year ago

It’s extremely sensitive weather equipment.

EAB49C67-44FA-4DDA-9063-42A6D42EC3EE (resized).jpegEAB49C67-44FA-4DDA-9063-42A6D42EC3EE (resized).jpeg
#30054 1 year ago

Bahahahaha! Perfection.

#30064 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

sick of hearing back to the future. Do to this thread I will make sure I never own the dam thing if it ever comes

B553DBC7-FE88-4624-B8FF-704FB560F163 (resized).jpegB553DBC7-FE88-4624-B8FF-704FB560F163 (resized).jpeg
#30123 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

In all fairness, the 80s did everything better than the 90s for the most part.

*Clarissa Explains It All and Saved By The Bell has entered the discussion.

#30135 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

200 new posts! Yay, we know what the next Stern machine is. And it’s…
AIDS
Lame.

How was Asia?

#30182 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Bttf is never going to happen so please don’t get your hopes up guys; but still some killer titles from stern this year will be coming

50FF5579-AB86-4B0F-BC7E-5B09A5DEEA0D (resized).jpeg50FF5579-AB86-4B0F-BC7E-5B09A5DEEA0D (resized).jpeg
#30628 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I’d certainly take Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake, or My Little Pony over Masters Of The Undercarriage.

Surprise! It’s actually Barbie.

#30639 1 year ago

How about a Ghostbusters - Afterlife?

#30646 1 year ago

Only if this song is in it

#30647 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Top Gun for my son! I have F-14 but he would love all three of these. He watches Top Gun every freakin day.
[quoted image]

Where did you find those sunglasses to fit his face? Those are awesome! This is what I’ve been using. https://www.amazon.com/Babiators-Navigator-Sunglasses-Black-Years/dp/B078PNPJL4

#30649 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

MOTU makes me vomit and shart at the same time.

If its MOTU i’ll buy a TS4

#30654 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Eyes wide shut and it can be a Christmas pinball machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do I have to say “Fidelio” every time I plunge?

#30663 1 year ago
Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

This is the most disappointing thread on Pinside. I come back to see like 60 new comments and it’s just BTTF posters and arguments

(edited). Its ben venim venim spooky spooky I’m better than U. Here’s a bunch of random MOTU fanboys and now you jump back in an pretend to no whatz going on calling out us who want BTTF to be a thing (which it will).

PS all my misspellings are for effect.

#30666 1 year ago
Quoted from jhallsuxatpinbal:

This is the most disappointing thread on Pinside. I come back to see like 60 new comments and it’s just BTTF posters and arguments.
Keep thinking I missed some big news

Just for you.

6A29C58C-CE03-42FF-B193-9FE17352C0A5 (resized).jpeg6A29C58C-CE03-42FF-B193-9FE17352C0A5 (resized).jpeg
#30670 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Solves it. It’s a 1776 the musical pin

476D33AC-F63A-4675-BE22-0531D68A95D7 (resized).jpeg476D33AC-F63A-4675-BE22-0531D68A95D7 (resized).jpeg
#30714 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Have the last few releases been done like this, Friday teaser, Tuesday reveal? If so then everyone hoping for something today should go play some pinball instead of waiting for this!

7AA5FD55-CDF7-4915-913F-4A44B4E79619 (resized).jpeg7AA5FD55-CDF7-4915-913F-4A44B4E79619 (resized).jpeg
#30740 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m a pepper you’re a pepper.
[quoted image]

EA2282D8-A164-47BC-9B2E-C9229B3369B1 (resized).jpegEA2282D8-A164-47BC-9B2E-C9229B3369B1 (resized).jpeg
#30986 1 year ago

Will Michael Jackson ever get a pin?

#31492 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just watched ‘Dr No’ the first Bond movie (1962). the fight sequences are very minor (compared to today’s movie) like one karate chop to the neck.

77C8FB67-9F32-4471-9317-30DC98553193.gif77C8FB67-9F32-4471-9317-30DC98553193.gif
#31535 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

And anyone who thinks VENOM is a better theme than JAWS is someone I just can’t understand.

And anyone who thinks JAWS is a better theme than BTTF...

BAF45E2D-6C18-40A5-9EEA-8447D5BCCE95 (resized).jpegBAF45E2D-6C18-40A5-9EEA-8447D5BCCE95 (resized).jpeg
#31689 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Its most likely a pinball machine

DE69F1C8-7227-4DAA-B5E1-F4056617B015 (resized).jpegDE69F1C8-7227-4DAA-B5E1-F4056617B015 (resized).jpeg
#31729 1 year ago

October?

FE7AF62B-B72F-49BC-8915-A0783B1ED1E4.gifFE7AF62B-B72F-49BC-8915-A0783B1ED1E4.gif
#31730 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

What am I supposed to do now? Play the available pins and spend time with friends and family?! Pshhh

781790D8-090C-4087-8DC4-2C5715A67989.gif781790D8-090C-4087-8DC4-2C5715A67989.gif
#31754 1 year ago
Quoted from ALY:

What if Stern meant August.. next year?

Made me think of this. Maybe she meant 10 O’clock at night. Who meets at a bar at 10 in the morning?!

#31776 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I want the real Bond including the cigarette and all the other things people frown on these days.
[quoted image]

No watered down martinis for me either.

#31784 1 year ago
ED7BF9CF-168E-49BE-8E01-1BEC6D422331 (resized).jpegED7BF9CF-168E-49BE-8E01-1BEC6D422331 (resized).jpeg
#31887 1 year ago
4F5075E3-86DD-4CAB-BC07-EDD1A6C8A257 (resized).jpeg4F5075E3-86DD-4CAB-BC07-EDD1A6C8A257 (resized).jpeg
#31893 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Speaking of Mary Poppins, I just heard about her new gig. Apparently, she’s moved to California and opened a fortune teller business, specializing in the prediction of bad breath. The sign out front? “Super California Mystic, Expert: Halitosis”

And Bert the chimney sweep set up a shop across the street selling “Chim Chim Cher-ry” flavored toothpaste and mouthwash.

#31898 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

If Carl Weathers can do callouts then get Stallone and do that Rocky pinball while everyone is still alive.[quoted image]

The “I didn’t hear no bell” on an outlane save would be worth it alone! And “one more round” on a ball save... I know those aren’t original callouts but shut up and take my money.

#31970 1 year ago

^ just dont. I’ve got lots of thoughts but have been moderated in the past for speaking them so i’ll stay shut. Not sure why one sided piling on is permitted, however.

#31985 1 year ago
457CBE15-E62C-4309-983D-1C4A52EB8000 (resized).jpeg457CBE15-E62C-4309-983D-1C4A52EB8000 (resized).jpeg
#31986 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Terminator One > T2

Seriously ppl. Without 1, 2 wouldn’t exist.

#32021 1 year ago

I'm not sure why some people think Stern won't get the assets for BTTF. Doc and Marty have their likeness used all over the place with all their merchandise. Doc still attends BTTF conventions. There was the Telltale video game (MJF did original voice work in the final chapter). Doc was a part of the first BTTF pin. MJF said he regretted not being able to give permission for his likeness to be used in the 1st pin. Both Christopher lloyd and MJF love BTTF and are very proud to have been part of it.

This topper tho...!

79A9F3F5-3FE6-4D05-8951-186D8BA9D904 (resized).jpeg79A9F3F5-3FE6-4D05-8951-186D8BA9D904 (resized).jpeg
#32025 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the worst part of the BTTF is that they are not ending after this release, because it is not BTTF.

AD176AC7-AA6C-46FA-9516-B879E5BE86AA (resized).jpegAD176AC7-AA6C-46FA-9516-B879E5BE86AA (resized).jpeg
#32036 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Huh. Maybe there's hope. But let's not kid ourselves the gambling industry has a lot more sway than pinball.

There are many carryovers from slots to pins. Immediately WOZ and Wonka come to mind. Ghostbusters as well. If the assets and video clips have already been negotiated for visual gameplay it wouldn’t be a stretch to re-market them for pinball consumption. Easy $.

#32039 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

BM66 was a slot from KaPow then a pin from KaPow.

E693FB09-7E41-4B7B-B69A-D7D3C1720637 (resized).jpegE693FB09-7E41-4B7B-B69A-D7D3C1720637 (resized).jpeg
#32099 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

And for the record I am really weirded out of the handful of BTTF diehards in this thread. The original is a great movie, but we absolutely don’t need another pinball machine of it.

Your social anxiety is noted. Also you’re not going to be invited to any of my parties. Lol. BTTF needs a modern pin to replace the aging crap that was the DE version. A franchise with such popularity deserves better than overpriced peeling and cracking playfields. Music and Marvel pins are what needs to stop.

#32127 1 year ago

You guys may want to check out the latest TNT video at the 42:45 mark...

F6937FB9-9345-4A69-B771-A83666713529 (resized).jpegF6937FB9-9345-4A69-B771-A83666713529 (resized).jpeg
#32128 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You guys may want to check out the latest TNT video at the 42:45 mark...
[quoted image]

Go to 42:45

#32131 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Cool meme, we need ramps though, LOTS!!

100% VUKs, subways, magnets, wireforms and bash toys. Levitating hoverboard balls and a DeLorean. Lol.

#32137 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Even though it wasn’t Connery in Octopussy. Would love to hear him do callouts just saying that lol

NSFW but a fav of mine.

#32141 1 year ago

BTTF is coming...so says Todd Tucky!
My guess is $9,999 premium, $20k plus SLE (88 of them) and LEs somewhere in between. [quoted image]

Also Zach Meny on TPN signed off The Pinball Show podcast episode #111 with a quote about “traveling through the future” and “to be continued...” Approx 1:14:49 into the show. Subtle Zach

#32153 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

And for the record I am really weirded out of the handful of BTTF diehards in this thread. The original is a great movie, but we absolutely don’t need another pinball machine of it.

Boy, this didn’t age well... less than 22hrs ago! My how fast things change.

#32183 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

The difference here is that none of the buzz is coming from industry insiders;

Todd Tuckey literally said BTTF. He’s also the one that spilled the beans on (confirmed) the Toy Story release. He’s not inside enough for you?

#32197 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

The Warriors or Elf
Designer - Jack Danger
His new york / bronx city layout, street level with maybe a ramp and city-scape toys
[quoted image]

Makes me think of the video game Cyberpunk 2077. That could be a good pin theme.

#32202 1 year ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Another game may get the LCD screen treatement as a vault. Stay Tuned.

Please don’t say GB. I need money for food.

#32629 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Sweet jeebus - nailed it.

How many more sharks you wanna see?

BA0559CC-97C8-42C8-98F8-2D2A4A80F65C (resized).jpegBA0559CC-97C8-42C8-98F8-2D2A4A80F65C (resized).jpeg
#32695 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

providing it’s not just a crappy model of the db5 with a VUK wireform sticking out of it, that will look a little shit.

731FAD79-E502-46E8-8B7F-91BA0E990E54.gif731FAD79-E502-46E8-8B7F-91BA0E990E54.gif
#32703 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think all the callouts should be done by Odd Job.

Spoiler: Odd Job never speaks in the movies.

#32987 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Don't push us too far though....

All of a sudden I’m picturing semi trailers and air horns... hmm

#33001 1 year ago

Pro layout

BEA90FA7-4DC7-485E-AA1F-028C184A818D (resized).pngBEA90FA7-4DC7-485E-AA1F-028C184A818D (resized).png
#33096 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

I speak millennial too bro. Im just educated.

52E39612-37F2-4DCB-BCDD-B6D23D99D94E.gif52E39612-37F2-4DCB-BCDD-B6D23D99D94E.gif
#33197 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Really? No gameplay stream for weeks?

Man that is a buzzkill.

#33254 1 year ago

Here for Lol’s. Crossposted in Bond thread

DD1BB0F1-FBDE-44E8-A7BF-BB4C4D45F4D7 (resized).jpegDD1BB0F1-FBDE-44E8-A7BF-BB4C4D45F4D7 (resized).jpeg
#33279 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Now the government is literally raising interests rates so you will stop buying all of this stuff that's already priced too high.

Spend today’s dollars before they lose purchasing power tomorrow.

#33285 1 year ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Still, this is me every time Stern doesn’t announce Goonies…
[quoted image]

You GOONIES!

#33289 1 year ago

Post to help move us off this page. I like pinball. Please Gary give us BTTF.

#33294 1 year ago

How has Stern (an Illinois co.) not made a Blues Brothers pin and celebrated that Chicago heritage? The music, the callouts, the pin buying demographic, the video clips, the artwork, the topper possibilities are so ripe!

#33315 1 year ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Like the Blues Brothers and Stern in Chicago, Stern making a Home Alone pin also makes sense.

Would be a fun “defend the house” pinball battle. Marv and Harry call outs.

#33355 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Out of all the games coming out right now-why I am most excited about 'Galactic Tank Force'
Who Knew?

I’m right there with you.

#33362 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

This should have been the LE from the beginning.

DDD693B5-5209-4F93-A41E-BF9C20D0D444 (resized).jpegDDD693B5-5209-4F93-A41E-BF9C20D0D444 (resized).jpeg
#33407 1 year ago

The game is coming. It will have probably everyone but maybe Crispin Glover. Their likeness, their movie scenes, their voices.

8BDA980F-FA16-4DB2-8E31-4D1A0B7EEB2E.gif8BDA980F-FA16-4DB2-8E31-4D1A0B7EEB2E.gif
1 week later
#33554 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Syd:

What pinball really needs next is more trucks! [quoted image]

We heard your request and give you the following...

13778A86-3BD6-4712-939A-6564B46CF81F (resized).jpeg13778A86-3BD6-4712-939A-6564B46CF81F (resized).jpeg72DA0651-8D81-4676-A430-896EE2F7E594 (resized).jpeg72DA0651-8D81-4676-A430-896EE2F7E594 (resized).jpeg
#33567 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Jack posted a picture of the millennium falcon with the illuminati eye

I like the guy, but has anyone else noticed a handful of other off putting symbolism from him? He oft speaks of illuminati, wears all red shoes, recently got a tattoo of a fable witch’s house that supposedly eats children. Please don’t burn me for asking. I just wondered if anyone else picked up on it. No judgement.

#33600 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Some random EM no one has heard of probably did it first
And also gross

Was at the Ann Arbor Pinball Show... Close, but not really.

692B85F1-1C6F-4789-9F24-9834D1C7BE21 (resized).jpeg692B85F1-1C6F-4789-9F24-9834D1C7BE21 (resized).jpeg
#33674 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

One thing I have picked up on in the last few months is how ga ga people are for toppers.

FE36A1BA-79CB-4EB0-AC20-E2E819694C26 (resized).jpegFE36A1BA-79CB-4EB0-AC20-E2E819694C26 (resized).jpeg
#33699 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Did anyone post a video of the American Pinball seminar?
That would be really interesting.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball/page/35#post-7199530

1 week later
#33748 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Oh, and yeah, next 3 cornerstones in 2023:
Top Gun Maverick,
BTTF (for crujones4life, again, everyone deserves some happiness!),
An in-between non-cornerstone Tron VE (that one for me!),
Then anyone's pick of a solid horror/fantasy pinball because it's been a while for Stern, such as Army of Darkness or Evil Dead.

I love this idea. Stern you could have my money. If you build it, they will come!

1 week later
#33897 1 year ago

No.

#33901 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

No to the fact the Beyhive is all powerful, or no to the fact she's a beautiful woman? Or no to ever seeing a Beyonce SLE? Lol

“D”

#33914 1 year ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

For the love of God people, please shut the F##k up about Back to the Future.
[quoted image]

Ok.

12AFFF09-67BD-4C98-AEEA-F5D5DB2EA9D1 (resized).png12AFFF09-67BD-4C98-AEEA-F5D5DB2EA9D1 (resized).png
#33952 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

But they would have include all the music and get a license for about everything.

That’s their job... They want my money? Do the work to get the IP!

#33991 1 year ago

Could be incredibly boring. Legos? Come on

I see the potential. Lego master builder collecting pieces to build kits and make vehicles and upgrades to complete missions. Lego movie theme. Double decker couch! And spaceship spaceship SPACESHIP! Find the piece of resistance and Kragle wizard mode hurry up.

#34004 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Stern is trolling BTTF again on twitter.

Can you post a link?

#34028 1 year ago

Ahhhhh. I didn't pick up on that 1st time around!

what am I missing?

#34029 1 year ago

Cripes if Eastwood is BTTF and Speed is Top Gun my bank account needs to prepare itself for life support.

#34031 1 year ago

It’s a stretch but ok. Thanks Cru.

#34041 1 year ago

My guess is we get the whole Trilogy. I'm fine with just the 1st movie, but pretty sure we get all 3.

Just as long as it’s not only BTTF3 with a meet me at the clock tower wizard mode and Marty/Doc cake toppers... LOL

#34080 1 year ago

Where the heck is Sonic?!

#34082 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

It really is the closest 1 : 1 transition to pinball there is, no matter how you feel about the franchise. And Sega is generous with licensing. But Sonic isn't really A-list these days. Slight risk there.

I thought the Sonic movies with Jim Carrey would be crap, but I caved and watched them with my kids and they were surprisingly good. Add a pinch of nostalgia and the catchy OG video game theme music scores and you have a smash pinball hit.

#34085 1 year ago

Also got to thinking whomever has the rights to Top Gun, had a long time to develop the game since the movie was delayed multiple times. Nobody knew the second film would turn out as popular as it has but that would give the license holder even more incentive to release a pin. One that has been worked on and maybe finished awhile ago expecting its release to coincide with the movie. Why haven’t we seen it yet?

#34090 1 year ago

Sorry Mario, your princess is in another castle.

#34170 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It might give some hope of a Ghostbusters topper re-run.
Of course if that happens, it will probably be $1999.

And I just placed an order for the laseriffic one. FML

#34280 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

He said until they are "caught up" so it's not definite how many they will release in 2023, but it does seem unlikely that there will be a new game announcement in January, at least.

On tonight’s stream Jack basically implied that his cornerstone is completed. So his must be up next.

#34308 1 year ago

It’s a problem of motivation...

B35084E5-A66E-4CB3-BDFF-ACE8DAE9DF54 (resized).jpegB35084E5-A66E-4CB3-BDFF-ACE8DAE9DF54 (resized).jpeg
#34317 1 year ago

A way to gauge a movie’s long term success (relevance for a pin) is to look at its merchandise sales. How many people have Avatar chochkies? Do kids buy toys of the franchise? Are there tons of pop culture references on TV shows, T-shirts, and corners of the internet quoting lines and making memes? Are there successful video games based on the movie? Has Lego made kits of it? Ghostbusters is an example of a movie that never had the type of opening as Avatar, but my gosh does it still sell. As does BTTF! Ex: I just opened the first door on my Playmobil BTTF advent calendar this morning I think Avatar was all bark and no bite. The studio and media advertised the crap out of it and the sheep boarded the hype train. Wooo wooo! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

#34382 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Must have an "ooooh fuuuuuudge" mode. Kind of like "bullshit" mode in STh.

“Ooooh fuuuuudge” would work well for a drain on ball 3.

#34386 1 year ago

This.

#34390 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Can we pretend European Vacation never existed? (IMO only Vacation and Christmas Vacation were memorable)

Are you kidding? The lederhosen dance? The guy who keeps getting hit on the bike? Look kids, Big Ben; Parliament...?

#34392 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I hear you, I just felt the movie dragged serious ass between the golden moments by comparison.

But it also had T to go along with that A... lol.

And a repeatable looping shot would be perfect for that “look kids” callout as you circle a sculpt of BigBen and Parliament.

1 week later
#34553 1 year ago

After Elwin's Bond we won't see another Elwin until after Eddy's and Danger's next pins.

Just in time for BTTF 40th anniversary...

#34559 1 year ago
Quoted from squaresville:

”and the bots riffing on your pinball play...”

This is where I envision a Muppet pin with Statler and Waldorf (“a pair of elderly Muppet characters known for their cantankerous opinions and shared penchant for heckling”) doing callouts.

C553DF76-C5F3-477A-9EF0-B8AA234F5373 (resized).jpegC553DF76-C5F3-477A-9EF0-B8AA234F5373 (resized).jpeg
#34563 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I would love to see a Muppets pinball with animated Statler & Waldorf figs in the backbox made to look like their balcony and heckling you. Make it an Elwin while we're at it.

“Popcorn” multiball music

#34571 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

It be no different then making a Jetsons/Flintstones/HR Pufnstuf/Bonanza game.

Scooby Doo?

#34574 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Wasn’t the whole point and charm of The Muppets their ‘irreverance’?!
Oh wait… did you mean ‘irrelevant’?

Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra raaaa!

1 week later
#34682 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's a perfect movie theme for pinball .
Good music , get the band back together , upper Playfield switch hit for smashing the shopping centre , Bob's country bunker ball lock , have you seen the light multiball , escape the Nazis , the cops , the good old boys , Jake's fiancee , play your gigs and get the money to the Cook County assessor's office .
[quoted image]

Orange whip ball lock: “Orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!”

#34684 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern, “We’re going in a new direction with one of our future pins.”

Jack Danger: “Let’s stream and prototype pre-war mechanical pinballs”.

#34689 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Who is down with a Sonic game?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just as long as they find a way to include the “SEGA” opening chord/greeting.

#34766 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Christmas Vacation has not aged well.

Wrong.

#34787 1 year ago

Drone racing

#34800 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I think I found the perfect theme for your next project.
[quoted image]

I agree he sounded a little pompous, however...

1FCDE3ED-384C-4197-BDD5-59D4840E1234 (resized).jpeg1FCDE3ED-384C-4197-BDD5-59D4840E1234 (resized).jpegC1A2C724-75B9-4E03-87DC-BC8462D92E1A (resized).jpegC1A2C724-75B9-4E03-87DC-BC8462D92E1A (resized).jpeg
#34817 1 year ago

I love the idea of projection mapping onto blank canvases. The scenes can change with the modes without the limitations of single sculpts to build the world under glass. That said, I think a new direction would be to make a pin that has a theme primarily aimed towards female players. A la Barbie.

#34831 1 year ago

Women don’t give a f* about pinball. Fact

JJP and Disney’s marketing departments beg to differ.

776BBB9C-0B04-4B39-B68C-22E52DD20FC9 (resized).jpeg776BBB9C-0B04-4B39-B68C-22E52DD20FC9 (resized).jpegBDC4C40C-A724-4EC6-9E64-194058D96187 (resized).jpegBDC4C40C-A724-4EC6-9E64-194058D96187 (resized).jpeg
#34833 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It’s like people can’t even tell you their favorite 80s movie in peace anymore.

crujones4life lol.

2C1A4958-BE74-4305-B2B5-09027D35AA94 (resized).jpeg2C1A4958-BE74-4305-B2B5-09027D35AA94 (resized).jpeg
#34844 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hannah Montana, confirmed. Oh, Jack, you perv.

“She came in like a Stern Pinballllll”

13679786-774A-4C0B-8E7F-70A41CF4C16A (resized).jpeg13679786-774A-4C0B-8E7F-70A41CF4C16A (resized).jpeg
#34881 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Last 2 pages made me really pumped for …. BTTF and Pokémon Go! I’d pass on He-Man cause I’ve never watched a complete episode. It is just a theme I don’t care for, but happy to see people want it.
Seriously Stern, give us one of these themes a year: BTTF, Top Gun 2, Pokémon Go!, Pee-Wee’s Adventure, the Matrix and Kill Bill.

A347C5D1-17C0-4B93-AA32-A9FA6261C729 (resized).jpegA347C5D1-17C0-4B93-AA32-A9FA6261C729 (resized).jpeg
#34907 1 year ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Isn’t the new ghostbusters movie out later this year?

As is Barbie

F2936A2B-1C34-4B00-97E4-BFDE0DA15C19 (resized).jpegF2936A2B-1C34-4B00-97E4-BFDE0DA15C19 (resized).jpeg
#34921 1 year ago

John Wick = Baba Yaga = Jack Danger’s tattoo = JD cornerstone?

#34951 1 year ago

Theme I haven’t heard mentioned but I think would be awesome is Wayne’s World/Wayne’s World 2. Produce a show, save the girlfriend, collect bands, put on a rock concert. Cross your T’s and dot your... lower case j’s. Lol. Also football phone multiball or ballroom blitz multiball. Game ooooon, game onnnn! Party time, excellent!

#34954 1 year ago
Quoted from 5DLounge:

And everytime you hit the scoop, you hear "If you're going to spew....spew into this."

For locks before it’s lit, “We’re supposed to be in there!” “No you’re not” “My girlfriend is in there!” “Hey, a lot of people’s girlfriends are in there.” “DENIED...”

1 week later
#35144 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not, apparently you think Stern, or some imaginary force is keeping Stern from producing what you want. I offered some recent themes that havent been around forever. Also TWD.
So what are some realistic themes that you believe should be produced, and profitable?

Squid game, fortnite, or social justice warriors. Just a guess. How about cabin in the woods or hunger games? I’m really curious to know.

#35161 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m not lumping you in. Seems to me Gen X should be itching for 90’s era themes just as bad if not more so than millennials.

I’ll throw some more out as long as you stop downvoting me.
-
Saved By the Bell, Double Dare, Home Alone, The Real Ghostbusters, Home Improvement, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Wayne’s World, Nerf, Friends, American Pie, Matrix, Ferris Bueller’s Day off (80’s).

#35163 1 year ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Yes to legends of the Hidden Temple. Just license the theme and get Kirk Fogg. Olmec on the playfield. Goal of the game is to get to the temple run , first you need to collect the pendants of life. Risk it and go with only 1 pendant? or save up until you get two. Choose your team at the start. Maybe something like Purple Parrots get 2x bonus, Silver Snakes kickback lit at ball start, Orange Iguanas extra ball save, you get the idea.

You get me. 100% this ^

#35168 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

We haven't gotten the 80's yet in pinball.
The 90's will be great too, but let's not skip the greatest decade for music and pop culture.

Oh I’m already sold on BTTF which checks both of those boxes. I was just providing examples for the previous comment. I could go on for days about 80’s themes. Top Gun is an easy one.

#35169 1 year ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Yes to legends of the Hidden Temple.

Double Dare could be another great one using trivia questions to interrupt play and allow the user to chose a physical challenge when they dont know the answer. The challenge would be a mode on the playfield to shoot combos, rip spinners, complete ladders, and other progressive goals. The final wizard mode would be running the full obstacle course to collect flags and cross the finish line before time runs out. Is the host Marc Summers available for callouts?

#35174 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

.....and just when you thought that BTTF could not possibly get mentioned again......

Hey Butthead...

A4E63012-2D43-437A-8D7B-B3D08FC57632 (resized).jpegA4E63012-2D43-437A-8D7B-B3D08FC57632 (resized).jpeg
#35175 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We've definitely seen Stern do 80s properties already.

Another 90’s would be “The Sandlot”.

#35183 1 year ago

Ok another 90’s title. A great tie in to Johnny Mnemonic and the Matrix. “The Net”, with Sandra Bullock. Doesn’t have to be a pin but if you haven’t watched the movie, I recommend it.

#35220 1 year ago

MacGyver for the win. I could see plenty of cheap campy assets used like GZ. Shoot shot combos and such to make gizmos and gadgets to fight bad guys and solve puzzles. Timed wizard mode with precision shots to diffuse the bomb without triggering an explosion. (Stern, thank me later).

#35328 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

The Price is Right
Holey Moley
Anything but superheroes and old rock bands

Price is right is a new one I haven’t heard. My vote is for that, Muppets, or Wayne’s World.

#35335 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

the US popularity of Ted Lasso coupled with the world's obsession with Football/Soccer could make a pretty successful pin.

You don’t have to convince me

51FA576B-2B06-49F2-9135-56980D18FA8B (resized).jpeg51FA576B-2B06-49F2-9135-56980D18FA8B (resized).jpeg
#35341 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Should have dressed the older kid up as Roy Kent and given him a script everyone he met that Halloween would REMEMBER.

Gave serious thought to Tartt and Kent Jersey’s for the boys. Admittedly, they were here, there, and every f’n where around the neighborhood that night.

1 week later
#35488 1 year ago

I just want a pin with Christopher Walken doing the callouts.

#35511 1 year ago

Rest assured brother...my hands will be all over it!
[quoted image]

I made this just for you Cru. And it’s true. You will have two of them!

8A6743BE-F305-41E5-8F94-7C2B5CFB5FDA (resized).jpeg8A6743BE-F305-41E5-8F94-7C2B5CFB5FDA (resized).jpeg
#35541 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I want something special for King Kong, not sure fan layout with center bash will cut the cheese-let's get to work on this asap [quoted image]

For starters, banana flippers!

0A931E4A-BCC0-40B4-B840-283ABB2C9E9C (resized).jpeg0A931E4A-BCC0-40B4-B840-283ABB2C9E9C (resized).jpeg82F2D1BE-4BE4-4AC2-A493-1883DB26E64F (resized).jpeg82F2D1BE-4BE4-4AC2-A493-1883DB26E64F (resized).jpeg
#35610 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm just thinking of how nostalgic it would be to use your flippers to play Operation & other classic board games.

Or just play Operation?

#35733 1 year ago

Looks like the 3 cornerstone releases this year (according to this thread) are Foofighters in March, Foofighters in September, Foofighters in December. That's a whole lotta FOO!

Don’t forget about the Foofighters in April... The April “Foo”ls!

#35746 1 year ago
Quoted from frisco_melt:

Ted Lasso S3 was just announced for March 15th, if Danger's game is next and it's this spring, things are lining up even better. The Foo Fighters connection runs deep too

I believe in BELIEVE!

#35758 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

[quoted image]

That’s a Fiero. What is that picture from?

#35762 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Apparently F9.

That’s just silly. I guess I’ll have to watch it. At one point my father had 3 Fieros and was in an owners club. We’ve been to shows all over and still own an ‘87 GT. I drove it in the summers between HS and College. Fun car with good torque. Quick and nimble but not a lot of 1/4 mile speed. Unless you drop a northstar V8 into it

FED6EA78-0EE0-4348-B6C4-424E860AD373 (resized).jpegFED6EA78-0EE0-4348-B6C4-424E860AD373 (resized).jpeg
#35792 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Well sh*t. I'm fired.

Made me sad you mentioned Muppets, bc it’s clearly not happening then. Can only imagine the theme song on the plunge and a heckling topper ala BKSOR. “It’s time to play the music, it’s time to light the lights”

#35856 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

You will need a time machine to accomplish that. Set the dial for no sooner than spring 2025...

B53EB6F5-3449-48F4-9717-EB51357CD633 (resized).jpegB53EB6F5-3449-48F4-9717-EB51357CD633 (resized).jpeg
#35921 1 year ago
33039138-D23E-4F11-BA07-E43261C1B71B (resized).jpeg33039138-D23E-4F11-BA07-E43261C1B71B (resized).jpeg
#35937 1 year ago

I would be more interested in a Woodstock, Warped Tour, etc. festival themed concert pin with a collection of bands versus going whole hog on one. Partially why I think a Wayne’s World (Waynestock) pin would do great! Give me a thumbs up if you agree Jack!

609B7137-2D52-4895-8C16-4CA3AFAA7C0E (resized).jpeg609B7137-2D52-4895-8C16-4CA3AFAA7C0E (resized).jpeg
#36142 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm very disappointed they only have an SE for Cactus Canyon. What kind of a place DOES that? All those LEs and then a SE for Cactus Canyon?

I’m sure it’s on order but CGC has taken 2 years to make it. Currently shipping approx. # 298 of 1250 with about 20/week being built.

#36167 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Agree, just wish Foo was more rock n roll and less alternative. Dave’s side project Probot much more music I prefer he would revisit.Wish the best for pin as appears its will not just be about the band any my guess like his movie Studio 666.

Nice movie. Read the plot. Why all the interest in satanic crap? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_666

#36227 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Someday they will make BTTF....and so many people will be upset with it

You mean you have to use your hands?

96A713CB-4600-4168-8789-8355EB27BBDF.gif96A713CB-4600-4168-8789-8355EB27BBDF.gif
#36353 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I appreciate JD's designs with his use of the newton ball / captive ball. I like where it is tucked in next to a ramp (he did something similar with JDJP). A slightly off shot scores the captive ball, but sometimes caroms and still scores the ramp shot. The captive ball eats some of the energy of a dead on shot and removes some of the clunk element a stand up target would impart with a rocket shot back at the flippers. It feels like good thoughtful design and makes what could be dead space on the playfield into something fun and interactive.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nasty exposed metal that on Bond has caused some damage to balls and could accelerate playfield wear.

B845F1B1-C061-4E63-A729-33990FBA9E53 (resized).jpegB845F1B1-C061-4E63-A729-33990FBA9E53 (resized).jpeg
#36356 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Looks like those angles are covered up my the newton ball. I wouldn't think it could hit.

Good deal. Game looks like it will be a blast to shoot! Congrats Jack!!

#36387 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm pretty confident that we are going to see "something else" in addition to the 2 cornerstones this year. What is your estimate for the next boutique game?

4588BA25-B612-4A48-B20C-C84492C90006 (resized).jpeg4588BA25-B612-4A48-B20C-C84492C90006 (resized).jpeg
#36426 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Not to derail this thread btw - I’m seriously curious: What defines my ‘style’ and what don’t you like about it?
Legit question as all I ever try to do is spend every second I can squeeze out of a schedule trying to prove that you can create unique and interesting composition and drawings that hopefully look like they’re worth the price and are thoughtful to the subject at hand. There’s more - but that’s the basic gist…
But something about that is unlikeable to you so I am curious. Not trying to be a dick - legit trying to understand in case I’ve been wasting my life
I haven’t had a vacation in 10+ years as a result btw. So I really do question my efforts. This could help!
/end derailment

Artists are their own toughest critics. I’m sure you’re always striving for perfection and picking apart your work long after the job is completed. Notice I said “job” not piece because I’m sure you’re always thinking about tweaks to the pieces you’ve “finished” and how you could keep improving it. Your post is case in point. You do amazing work and none of us are to tell you how you should be doing your job. Art is subjective and to some it will appear different than to others. You wont make everyone happy all the time. You can make some of the people happy most of the time. Personally I’d like to see your art breathe rather than be too condensed. Your talent and detail stands out as it is and when it’s sandwiched in too tightly or too busy around the main focus the brilliance of your work might get lost. Keep up the great work. I hope you’re on the next BTTF pin!

#36445 1 year ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Please forgive my derailment and just get back to speculating on BTTF!?

F83B711F-C421-48F4-B8B6-BADF2CAA58EB.gifF83B711F-C421-48F4-B8B6-BADF2CAA58EB.gif
#36544 1 year ago
Quoted from lockeness:

If Stern is looking to sell, it likely won’t be an IPO. It’s not big enough and the TAM is too small. It’s a nice niche private equity play or an add on to a larger “lifestyle” corp - as the CEO likes to put it. A business like this would trade at ~4-8x EBITDA. I have no idea, but if pinstalker’s estimate above is close its maybe $100M in EBITDA, although I suspect its significantly lower than that as a 30% EBITDA business in manufacturing is rare. Given the big and continuous investment in the manufacturing line, EBITDA less capex is probably the better way to value - ~$50M x something. Businesses like this tend to not trade on revenue but this would likely be a 2-3x revenue multiple type business. So it would triangulate to around ~300-500M for the business, likely continuing to be private or maybe part of a larger rollup. Although if they were somehow able to go public, the quarterly earnings call would be great fodder for this group.

592BAB44-BD6D-4201-9A52-F4F15B69D7E9.gif592BAB44-BD6D-4201-9A52-F4F15B69D7E9.gif
#36642 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroRambler:

What about a multi-band pin

It’s called Wayne’s World (Waynestock). Would be an awesome theme with great music!
-
Oh and hydrogen fuel cell > EV 100%

#36652 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Car's = Car is
Cars' = Cars is
You were both wrong

Cars. Carz. Kars. Carghs. When a world becomes a sound. Thanks Ted Lasso!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_satiation

2 weeks later
#36823 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe JAWS is the BTTF codename. Lorraine IS an insatiable man-eater.
[quoted image]

I’d show her my O face

1119D9E2-597F-4400-A030-2E99E4F8AAA5.gif1119D9E2-597F-4400-A030-2E99E4F8AAA5.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

12,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

411 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Ballderdash. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballderdash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=Ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.