Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 938.
#4901 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ha just read your post. You are describing the idealized version of the theme. This is Stern we are talking about. If Stern made the Goonies, it might not include movie clips or sounds. Would you still want Goonies then? Sheesh be careful what you wish for. If you think Stern’s version of Goonies would be a good pin, then I think you are a die hard Goonies fan. Fortunately Stern isn’t stupid enough to proceed on a Goonies. Die Hard on the other hand, would be golden.

Die Hard would be good but as you say about Stern, it wouldn’t be without the video and profane John McClain dialogue.

#4902 4 years ago

FWIW, I went back and looked at a poll I did on TWIP in May of last year on Dream Themes - results:

THE TOP 10 DREAM PINBALL THEMES
as voted on by the pinball community

10. Jaws
9. Beetlejuice
8. Blade Runner
7. Masters of the Universe
6. Blues Brothers
5. Rick and Morty
4. The Matrix
3. Back to the Future
2. Goonies
1. Harry Potter

Honorable Mentions
Big Trouble in Little China
Haunted Mansion
Led Zeppelin
Legend of Zelda
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Willy Wonka

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/your-top-10-pinball-dream-themes/

My list would be quite a bit different but these were the votes, thought I'd share!

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

FWIW, I went back and looked at a poll I did on TWIP in May of last year on Dream Themes - results:
10. Jaws
9. Beetlejuice
8. Blade Runner
6. Blues Brothers
5. Rick and Morty
4. The Matrix
3. Back to the Future
2. Goonies
1. Harry Potter
Honorable Mentions
Haunted Mansion
Led Zeppelin
Legend of Zelda
Willy Wonka
My list would be quite a bit different but these were the votes, thought I'd share!

Thx for sharing!

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Because a movie's box office, is all that matters, right?[quoted image]

Please don't use this pin as an example for anything.

#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are probably right that it can come down to the cult following. TBL has a huge one so maybe if it doesn’t bring in a lot at the box office, it can have a following and still be pertinent.
I could list my nine favorite lines from the TBL, can Goonies fans list their favorite three lines or two unforgettable things that happened? I ask because this seems an easy way to gauge the commitment of a theme’s fans. Cult films have vocal fans with lots of favorite things to say about it. I don’t think that exists here, but will shut up now and allow the critics to prove me uninformed and outdated. What is so great about Goonies and would you want to relive those moments over and over in a pinball machine?
Top Gun will attract way more people to a pinball machine because of the size of the franchise. Stern could add a Goonies dvd with every Top Gun machine, for the best of all worlds.

I was born in 82 and never even heard of Goonies until after high school. But then again I'm weird I guess. I also think it is odd that people look back and want stuff from their childhood. I loved tmnt, he man, transformers etc but couldn't ever go back and watch any of that stuff without thinking of how stupid and easily entertained I was as a kid.

#4906 4 years ago

Stern was @ China Import and Export Fair (Canton Fair) Guangzhou-China

So my guess is

Hello kitty

#4907 4 years ago

Interesting how the lowest Honorable Mention actually became a game.

Quoted from pin2d:

10. Jaws
9. Beetlejuice
8. Blade Runner
6. Blues Brothers
5. Rick and Morty
4. The Matrix
3. Back to the Future
2. Goonies
1. Harry Potter
Honorable Mentions
Haunted Mansion
Led Zeppelin
Legend of Zelda
Willy Wonka

#4908 4 years ago

Dune!

#4909 4 years ago

I would love The Matrix pinball made. It is a dream theme for me but I doubt it will be any time soon.

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

10. Jaws
9. Beetlejuice
8. Blade Runner
6. Blues Brothers
5. Rick and Morty
4. The Matrix
3. Back to the Future
2. Goonies
1. Harry Potter
Honorable Mentions
Haunted Mansion
Led Zeppelin
Legend of Zelda
Willy Wonka

Thanks for posting!

No Stranger Things on that list....I'm keen to see a Stranger Things pinball machine, but is it really a theme for the average pinball collector?

#4911 4 years ago

Kman’s rumor is Karate Kid. I’ve brought that one up before, but it didn’t get much love from anybody. It could make for an interesting theme and a good pin, but I don’t think Stern will actually be doing it. Quality rumors are hard to find.

74FB1909-4942-45B3-A714-AE89509A7844.jpeg74FB1909-4942-45B3-A714-AE89509A7844.jpeg

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from King_Jelly:

Interesting how the lowest Honorable Mention actually became a game.

They're in alphabetical order.

#4913 4 years ago

The next 10 (if I ran the world):

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Caddyshack
4. Animal House
5. Blues Brothers
6. Jaws
7. Dazed & Confused
8. Archer
9. Woodstock
10. Breaking Bad

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The next 10 (if I ran the world).

List looks fine to me. All look like they'd be fun themes to play but nothing that would be a must to own for me.
Elvira's House of Horrors was irresistible. Also tempting to me would be The Legend of Zelda or The Rocketeer.

#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The next 10 (if I ran the world):
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Caddyshack
4. Animal House
5. Blues Brothers
6. Jaws
7. Dazed & Confused
8. Archer
9. Woodstock
10. Breaking Bad

9 times hard pass for me.

1 time we're on a mission!

#4916 4 years ago

And Jersey Jack's next pin should be...
dBZHeWfSb3enPf2HELT04F3qQCh (resized).jpgdBZHeWfSb3enPf2HELT04F3qQCh (resized).jpg

One guy said a lower playfield could be the basement of the Alamo. LOL!

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

9 times hard pass for me.

Bad acid multiball could be fun...

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

So my guess is
Hello kitty

Probably relocating. Only pinball manufacturer LOCATED* in the USA. New glass stickers patent-pending.

#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Probably relocating. Only pinball manufacturer LOCATED* in the USA. New glass stickers patent-pending.

Apple’s got the wording worked out already.

8272433D-16D3-476D-81D0-72D4FD958C8D (resized).jpeg8272433D-16D3-476D-81D0-72D4FD958C8D (resized).jpeg
#4920 4 years ago

So what are the chances of getting another game in 2019?

Or do you think they will wait till Jan 2020

#4921 4 years ago

I heard at the York show it was Pink Floyd! First I've heard that rumor. I would actually consider a Karate Kid just because I'm a big fan of the movie. I'm not sure how well it translates to a pinball machine. I'd rather have a Back to the Future or Transformers 1984. My daughter and wife both said we would be buying a Stranger Things pin if they made one. I don't see that being the dream theme that was talked about.

#4922 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I heard at the York show it was Pink Floyd! First I've heard that rumor. I would actually consider a Karate Kid just because I'm a big fan of the movie. I'm not sure how well it translates to a pinball machine. I'd rather have a Back to the Future or Transformers 1984. My daughter and wife both said we would be buying a Stranger Things pin if they made one. I don't see that being the dream theme that was talked about.

If it’s a music theme it’s Led Zepp, whoever said a Pink Floyd had to have misspoken. Never heard that one in the mix.

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If it’s a music theme it’s Led Zepp, whoever said a Pink Floyd had to have misspoken. Never heard that one in the mix.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they meant Led Zeppelin. I don't think I would buy it but my brother sure would. LOL

#4924 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

So my guess is
Hello kitty

Except that is Japanese

#4925 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Must be a California thing lol. Ive never heard anyone say they arent a fan of Goonies until on Pinside. Its regarded one of the best 80's movies made.

Is this sarcasm?

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they meant Led Zeppelin. I don't think I would buy it but my brother sure would. LOL

Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Pink Floyd but think it could be a tough one to execute well.

#4927 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not into Karate Kid or Goonies - both seem real dated now.
I think the next Stern will be the re-skinned Led Zep game.
Beatles wasn't a hit with pinheads but I heard it sold pretty good, so expect same kind of selling model.

Speaking of dated... Led Zeppelin.

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

I bet you'd change your mind if the translite was the volleyball scene

#4929 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I bet you'd change your mind if the translite was the volleyball scene

they should put some whacked Scientology undertones on it too, dudes a f’ing weirdo.

#4930 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

they should put some whacked Scientology undertones on it too, dudes a f’ing weirdo.

I don't disagree with that but then again so is most of Hollywood... and there have been a lot of pins based on movies over the years.

#4931 4 years ago

Speaking of new Stern's, I just played Elvira and literally walked away from it after I paid bc it was so boring

Similar boring been there done that feeling of munsters.

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can say what you want about scientology, but there are some great people who practice it and they claim it's made them who they are. Chick Korea the genius jazz musician is one of them. So who am I to say?

#4933 4 years ago

Will we see this next game at expo?

Seems like they are running out of time if it is still to be out before Christmas.

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You can say what you want about scientology, but there are some great people who practice it and they claim it's made them who they are. Chick Korea the genius jazz musician is one of them. So who am I to say?

Maybe great in their own mind but at the end of the day they aren’t in my circle so I don’t care. Weird shit period...

#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe great in their own mind but at the end of the day they aren’t in my circle so I don’t care. Weird shit period...

No, they're not great in their own mind, they are great in life and ultra successful. Weird shit, ya. So is religion of any type IMO. But apparently, it works for some.

#4936 4 years ago

Back on subject

Is it Led Zeppelin, Goonies or something else and will it be out before the holidays as originally rumored?

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Back on subject
Is it Led Zeppelin, Goonies or something else and will it be out before the holidays as originally rumored?

The latest rumor is L. Ron Hubbard. LE Edition is said to feature a Dianetics mode.

lron_machine (resized).jpglron_machine (resized).jpg
#4938 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The latest rumor is L. Ron Hubbard. LE Edition is said to feature a Dianetics mode.[quoted image]

Controls will be like Demolition Man and double as e-meters, auditing you as you play.

#4939 4 years ago

Zappa?

zappa (resized).jpgzappa (resized).jpg
#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Zappa?[quoted image]

In Dweezil and Moon Unit editions.

#4941 4 years ago

I don't know what's next. Won't pretend to have any info. Games I would like to see...

Scarface- if they take the Sopranos approach and let the f bombs fly, could be great.

Back to the future- think they missed the window in 15 for the 30th anniversary.

Led Zeppelin- as far as classic band themes go, they are running out of good ones.

Queen- see Led Zeppelin. Also may have missed opportunity to tie in with bohemian rhapsody.

Blues brothers- covers both music and movie themes. Unfortunately, and we seen this with gotg, they couldn't possibly acquire the rights to all the great music. Plus all the musicians appering in the movie Ray Charles, James Browne, Aretha Franklin, etc. Game would cost $28,000 to do it right, do it right...

Legend of Zelda- absolute dream for me. Love Zelda and tons of material to work with.

Mario bros.- same as Zelda. Gottlieb's version not doing it for me. My fear is a big name like this could get the Star Wars treatment. Slap a simple design on it and sell it on name only.

I could keep going but getting tired of typing.

#4942 4 years ago

Id love a Mario game, but feel that's a better jjp title.

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Id love a Mario game, but feel that's a better jjp title.

Jjp would do better on all these titles. But this a stern thread.

#4944 4 years ago

Scientology pinball

Good biz model right there

Owners will be required to continue sending in new money for courses designed to prepare them for the pending software update that will never happen.

Yacht topper. Ascott LE. Florida dehydration Premium VE to follow. Tom Cruise Oprah wizard mode.

#4945 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe it's that Golden Girls game I've been hearing so much about. They must be in their 80s right?

Shady Pines Multi-ball!

I definitely would try the game just to see what it's all about. LOL.

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Jjp would do better on all these titles. But this a stern thread.

I wouldn't say jjp would do better on all of them. I just think certain themes for jjp are better such as Mario, Goonies, he-man, bttf. I'm definitely hoping for a stern TMNT, transformers, karate kid, or top gun.

That said, I do think TMNT is next with great comic style artwork.

#4947 4 years ago

TMNT and Top Gun would both be hard passes. Top Gun is a nightmare theme to me. The Led Zep reskin sounds interesting if it is not over priced due to licensing like the Beatles was. A nice 80s reskin with 2.1 sound and LCD for Pro prices would be great. Lets not forget that JP2 and Elvira 3 are both new on the scene and really great games. Not sure why there is a rush.

#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

TMNT and Top Gun would both be hard passes. Top Gun is a nightmare theme to me. The Led Zep reskin sounds interesting if it is not over priced due to licensing like the Beatles was. A nice 80s reskin with 2.1 sound and LCD for Pro prices would be great. Lets not forget that JP2 and Elvira 3 are both new on the scene and really great games. Not sure why there is a rush.

Stern is playing marketing 101. Cannot address QA issues, will not lose money on affected buyers ( there seem to be a lot of them, enough to hurt the bottom line? ), so accelerate new product timelines.

#4949 4 years ago

Next game won't be at expo...Stern doesn't release games at shows. They like to wait until the day Or week after the show to do that. I think we will see one more before the holidays...just may not be a cornerstone. Also remember, they acknowledge they are doing another brand oriented machine soon (like the Supreme).

#4950 4 years ago

If it really is TMNT I hope it’s a subway extravaganza with a few pop up manhole covers just re-use the FBI pop up mech from xfiles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/99?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.