Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,882 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 938.
#4851 4 years ago

Despite really wanting a great 80s theme, it is starting to feel more and more like it will be the Zeppelin reskin(to me). That seems like a fitting release to jam into the end of the year, before the next cornerstone (TMNT). I hope that isn't the case, but with JP and Elvira coming out so recently, it just feels like we won't be getting another net-new pin.

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Despite really wanting a great 80s theme, it is starting to feel more and more like it will be the Zeppelin reskin(to me). That seems like a fitting release to jam into the end of the year, before the next cornerstone (TMNT). I hope that isn't the case, but with JP and Elvira coming out so recently, it just feels like we won't be getting another net-new pin.

That is a good point. They will likely need to announce this by the end of October is shipping is prior to Christmas.

That is exactly what they did with Beatles.

#4853 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Goonies in Europe is really not popuplar...

You are not old enough.
When I was young, I have seen this movie about 10 times.
But I am not waiting for a Goonies pinball.

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not into Karate Kid or Goonies - both seem real dated now.
I think the next Stern will be the re-skinned Led Zep game.
Beatles wasn't a hit with pinheads but I heard it sold pretty good, so expect same kind of selling model.

Beatles did not sell "well" from all indications (they only made a bit more than half the 1965 they were going to because no distributor wanted to buy 10 packs once the diamonds and platinums were all gone on the initial run and only overpriced golds were left), and aftermarket values for all levels of that pin are terrible.

#4855 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beatles did not sell "well" from all indications (they only made a bit more than half the 1965 they were going to because no distributor wanted to buy 10 packs once the diamonds and platinums were all gone on the initial run and only overpriced golds were left), and aftermarket values for all levels of that pin are terrible.

What you say may be true but has no bearing on if it made Stern a bunch of money.
Even if they only sold 900 at an average price of 8k and the average is higher factoring the diamonds and platinums in. At 8k average that is 7.2mil in revenue on 900 units. The game likely cost under 4K to build even with the license fee.
To make a long story short, for a relatively quick production run and non cornerstone game I think it financially did fine for them and that is really all that matters.

#4856 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What you say may be true but has no bearing on if it made Stern a bunch of money.
Even if they only sold 900 at an average price of 8k and the average is higher factoring the diamonds and platinums in. At 8k average that is 7.2mil in revenue on 900 units. The game likely cost under 4K to build even with the license fee.
To make a long story short, for a relatively quick production run and non cornerstone game I think it financially did fine for them and that is really all that matters.

You're off in the weeds on this. I was simply rebutting the "Beatles sold well" assertion with a real world "no, it didn't." I wasn't talking at all about profitability, because no one outside Stern knows for sure about that. It probably made money with 1000ish units sold even with x number of playfields replaced for pooling clear.

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

Youd rather have a bunch of little boys? Sorry, had to..

#4858 4 years ago

Karate Kid?

Lol, aight then.

But only if it plays Banarama & has a bash toy of Johnny on the jon getting high AF

Wizard Mode should be the Incubus Karate Kid hidden track

Douchebag LE Coba Kai edition FTW!

Spell Allie, with an I, to start multiball

Also... y'all know Daniel was the bad guy right?

#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Karate Kid?
Lol, aight then.
But only if it plays Banarama & has a bash toy of Johnny on the jon getting high AF
Wizard Mode should be the Incubus Karate Kid hidden track
Douchebag LE Coba Kai edition FTW!
Spell Allie, with an I, to start multiball
Also... y'all know Daniel was the bad guy right?

Have you seen Cobra Kai season 1 yet? In the beginning it gives a bit of the story from Johnnys perspective. Show is great.

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Hit the Xmas nostalgic market hard.

Many different sources suggesting this is next.

And it will be Quicksilver, not Ali.

I think there are plenty of false rumors to catch various podcasters out, and throw people off the scent!

#4861 4 years ago

Damnit, just make a Quicksilver Quicksilver. Instant buy!

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Hit the Xmas nostalgic market hard.
Many different sources suggesting this is next.
And it will be Quicksilver, not Ali.
I think there are plenty of false rumors to catch various podcasters out, and throw people off the scent!

So your thinking the quicksilver/Led Zeppelin is next?

#4863 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So your thinking the quicksilver/Led Zeppelin is next?

K man mentioned this , but who knows. How about a remake of Starn Pinball 80s game.

#4864 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

K man mentioned this , but who knows. How about a remake of Starn Pinball 80s game.

Kaneda mentioned it, as did others.

Seems a solid guess as it fits Stern's strategy of targeting different demographics with different games.

And then Turtles in Jan 2020.

I am guessing but this seems fairly likely...... but Stern can surprise from time to time.

Remember when Mustang and WWE dropped out of the blue?

#4865 4 years ago

If we are going 80s themes, where the heck is my Labyrinth pin?

#4866 4 years ago

I'd like a Top Gun, but definitely have to make it off the first movie.. the other thing that would be tricky would be distinguishing itself from another high-speed fan layout flow game..ala Star Wars... I mean if you feel the need for speed... You can't have a clunky Bricker..

I think Goonies could lend itself to a much more interesting layout shot design

#4867 4 years ago

The original Karate Kid movie is a favorite of mine, but I just don't see how it would translate well to pinball.

#4868 4 years ago

Will there ever be a remake of TZ?

#4869 4 years ago

You may like Goonies, but it was a small potatoes movie. It would make a horrible pin and snooze fest theme. There would be less interest in this pin than Munsters.

A7CFD186-144E-48E6-9FBE-D942DC403BE1 (resized).jpegA7CFD186-144E-48E6-9FBE-D942DC403BE1 (resized).jpegABA15E4E-5C19-48AC-B0AB-0A22A801AE0C (resized).jpegABA15E4E-5C19-48AC-B0AB-0A22A801AE0C (resized).jpeg
#4870 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Pretty sure the next pin will be Beetlejuice followed by TMNT.

Yes please, would love both of these titles. Bring it on Stern....,

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As much as I love The Karate Kid movies, im not sure a pin would be all that exciting.

My money is safe then. Totally agree.

The real winner sounds like TMNT with new net connectivity....and can't wait to see what Zombie Yeti does with that art package.

#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You may like Goonies, but it was a small potatoes movie. It would make a horrible pin and snooze fest theme. There would be less interest in this pin than Munsters.[quoted image][quoted image]

Goonies vs Munsters in theme and you're picking Munsters? I guess you're on the older side but still, munsters?

I would think Goonies cleans up, but maybe I'm just as biased as you - just younger

#4873 4 years ago

Because a movie's box office, is all that matters, right?

TBL (resized).pngTBL (resized).png
#4874 4 years ago

Ghostbusters Home Pin edition?

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, are the kids going to be buying them, or their parents who liked 80's movies??
I personally think Top Gun would be a boring theme.

You forget pinball roots.

Their machines made to create revenue on location typically from the youth.

Yes that has shifted but if they kids of today don’t have anything to get them interested in pinball now they won’t want games when their 50.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4876 4 years ago

You may like Goonies, but it was a small potatoes movie. It would make a horrible pin and snooze fest theme. There would be less interest in this pin than Munsters.[quoted image][quoted image]

I feel like you are over looking the amount of overlap between cult movie fans and pinball fans.
Even kids still know and watch Goonies. My kid and his friends like it and they are 6. He has a tshirt we got at Walmart of all places.
I more excited about a tmnt pin. I told my son they might be making a tmnt pin and his response was "yuck"

#4877 4 years ago

please let it be TMNT

I don’t need another pin right now. Hard NO for me!

#4878 4 years ago

I should add that my kid is an old soul though. He also loves 80s Tron, Flight of the Navigator, Ghostbusters 1,2 and unfortunately the new one.

#4879 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Because a movie's box office, is all that matters, right?[quoted image]

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I feel like you are over looking the amount of overlap between cult movie fans and pinball fans.
Even kids still know and watch Goonies. My kid and his friends like it and they are 6. He has a tshirt we got at Walmart of all places.
I more excited about a tmnt pin. I told my son they might be making a tmnt pin and his response was "yuck"

You are probably right that it can come down to the cult following. TBL has a huge one so maybe if it doesn’t bring in a lot at the box office, it can have a following and still be pertinent.

I could list my nine favorite lines from the TBL, can Goonies fans list their favorite three lines or two unforgettable things that happened? I ask because this seems an easy way to gauge the commitment of a theme’s fans. Cult films have vocal fans with lots of favorite things to say about it. I don’t think that exists here, but will shut up now and allow the critics to prove me uninformed and outdated. What is so great about Goonies and would you want to relive those moments over and over in a pinball machine?

Top Gun will attract way more people to a pinball machine because of the size of the franchise. Stern could add a Goonies dvd with every Top Gun machine, for the best of all worlds.

#4880 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I should add that my kid [...] loves [...] Ghostbusters 1,2 and unfortunately the new one.

You have to see the upside of it.

Now that you've put him up for adoption because of that, you have more room and money for pinball.

#4881 4 years ago

You are right it comes down to the cult following. TBL has a huge one so maybe if it doesn’t bring in a lot at the box office, it can have a following and be pertinent.
I could list my nine favorite lines from the TBL, can Goonies fans list their favorite three lines or two unforgettable things that happened? I ask because it would seem this is be an easy an accurate way to gauge the commitment of a theme’s fans. Cult films have vocal fans with lots of favorite things to say about it. I don’t think that exists here, but will shut up now and allow the critics to prove me uninformed and outdated. What is so great about Goonies and would you want to relive those moments over and over in a pinball machine?

I'm not the biggest fan (correction, I'm no goonies buff but still a big fan)but I've seen it recently because of my son. There are some good audio and visual clips to use.
The obvious "hey, you guys!"
Chunk smashing his cup again the window
Gate opening Rube Goldberg machine
Truffle shuffle
"Down here" speech
"You Goonies!" Yelled down the well
"Goonies never say die"
"Ye intruders beware yadda yadda map speech"
"We have to play the bones"
Everything out of Data's mouth is gold
"Dynamite!?!"
One eyed Wily's treasure
Ok there actually alot of great thing that could work now that I'm thinking about it. Unfortunately it seems like it needs a lower playfield.

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You have to see the upside of it.
Now that you've put him up for adoption because of that, you have more room and money for pinball.

It shows the demographic for that movie is people who's brains havent finished developing yet lol

#4883 4 years ago

Follow them size 5’s, pinchers of power, rocky road? Hehe, this was my wish and I’m taking it back, chester copperpot, bobbie traps, that what i said bobbie traps

#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

and AirBorne.

Are you talking about that rollerblading movie with Seth Green & Jack Black ?

518h3u7kdGL._SY445_ (resized).jpg518h3u7kdGL._SY445_ (resized).jpgseth-green-rollerblades (resized).pngseth-green-rollerblades (resized).png
#4886 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

please let it be TMNT

Ice we both know as soon as you see that Brian Eddy layout your in for an LE

#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Are you talking about that rollerblading movie with Seth Green & Jack Black ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Ha ha , never heard of that one.

#4888 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

please let it be TMNT

That does not work all the time. I did not think JP was for me then bam my favorite.

CEDF9FA7-B572-4FD5-B2E0-BABBECF1BA79 (resized).jpegCEDF9FA7-B572-4FD5-B2E0-BABBECF1BA79 (resized).jpeg
#4889 4 years ago

Hee Haw or Laugh-In

#4890 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Are you talking about that rollerblading movie with Seth Green & Jack Black ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Was wondering that also. Didnt know anyone else knew that movie lol

#4891 4 years ago

Where are the Marty Kroft pins?

I want the original Land of the Lost!

#4892 4 years ago

Sorry guys, it's ALF. 2 flippers, fan layout, plastic ramps, mono stand up targets. Clip Art on the playfield. Dwight's on code and he'll finish the game in 2021.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#4893 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Dwight's on code and he'll finish the game in 2021.[quoted image]

That seems a bit optimistic

#4894 4 years ago

You got me curious on some cult movie box office numbers. If we are going on numbers alone, its ridiculous how poorly big trouble did

Screenshot_20191012-123207_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191012-123207_Google (resized).jpg
#4895 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Sorry guys, it's ALF. 2 flippers, fan layout, plastic ramps, mono stand up targets. Clip Art on the playfield. Dwight's on code and he'll finish the game in 2021.[quoted image]

HA! I kill me! Anybody seen Lucky?

#4896 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, not the WHOLE universe...[quoted image]

I would be up for that.

#4897 4 years ago

What happened to Stranger Things being the next title? Could pair well with Brian Eddy!

#4898 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ice we both know as soon as you see that Brian Eddy layout your in for an LE

Theme is step one for me brother!

That’s why I own an Ocktoberfest. Fun pin

I’m sure layout will be great but TMNT theme is about as appealing as a Beanie Baby pin

Now if it’s James Bond or Harry Potter well then it’s game on for me!

#4899 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You got me curious on some cult movie box office numbers. If we are going on numbers alone, its ridiculous how poorly big trouble did[quoted image]

Shawshank Redemption did really bad in its initial theatrical release, but is now regarded as the best movie of all time or top five on most lists (AFI has it curiously much lower). Especially with the advent of home video and then later, streaming, initial box office is the smallest piece of the pie if a movie later clicks with audiences. Big Trouble in Little China is one of those "classic" 80s movies that clicked in a big way on home video/HBO rotation.

#4900 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Heyyyyyy You Guyyyyyyyys Goonies would be amazing!!!
Background music Goonies R Good Enough must play, call outs from Sean Astin / Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman.... Truffle shuffle chunk shaker mode, causing diverters to open up via a rube goldberg type scene on the LCD. Spell S-L-OT-H to reveal the IT. Baby Ruth line...Chestor copper pot never made it this far!!! Wishing well mode, Top of playfield has booty traps...I mean booby traps. Gigantic boulders that come down causing the balls path to be block by certain ramps / targets. 50 dolla bill mode... animated moving pipes, The Fratelli chase mode, playfield gets dark & Data's blinding LED lights that shine at your face through the back box mode...one problem batteries not last so long. One eyed willy gotta play the bones to lower the draw bridge, diverter allows ball to travel down the ramps / water slides (playing that music score). You get to the bottom of the lower playfield revealing one eyed willy's ship. You gotta hit the targets to have the ship sail away for multi ball... Don't take willy's treasure, that's HIS! ... And remember GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE! The Goonies are looking at pinballs!
[quoted image]

Ha just read your post. You are describing the idealized version of the theme. This is Stern we are talking about. If Stern made the Goonies, it might not include movie clips or sounds. Would you still want Goonies then? Sheesh be careful what you wish for. If you think Stern’s version of Goonies would be a good pin, then I think you are a die hard Goonies fan. Fortunately Stern isn’t stupid enough to proceed on a Goonies. Die Hard on the other hand, would be golden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Atlanta Area, GA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,882 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/98?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.