pasted_image (resized).png
green godzilla 2~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240709-093121 (resized).png
IMG_9625 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9617 (resized).jpeg
ezgif-3-1607da03c7.gif
IMG_3687 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 49,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 972 of 982.
#48551 25 days ago

You would have to pay me to own a Judas Priest pinball game. No wait. I still wouldn’t take it.

#48552 25 days ago

So much hate for the Stay Puft guy....

Miniature Plastic Cities Will Tremble Before Figuarts' Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (resized).jpegMiniature Plastic Cities Will Tremble Before Figuarts' Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (resized).jpeg
#48553 25 days ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

If MET is released I hope they don't use current concert footage. I don't want to watch old men butchering their songs while playing. Like GNR footage...terrible. It's a game not a concert DVD.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

Yeah, that was ridiculous! Doesn’t matter if the band wanted it or not. The 87’ gnr would’ve made me buy that game. Can’t do it with fat axl….!
Metallica, same thing. Don’t fuck it up boys!

Just as an aside, I am looking at the playfield when I play. Listening to the studio tracks.

#48554 25 days ago

LOTR and TRON on Spike 3 with movie assets on a screen? Yes please! Where do I send the check?

#48556 25 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

LOTR and TRON on Spike 3 with movie assets on a screen? Yes please! Where do I send the check?

If I could do multiple upvotes on this, I would!

#48557 25 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Gomez essentially confirmed in this interview that Spike3 SAM/Whitestar vaults WILL NOT be DMD emulation (thank the old gods and the new!).
He implies that the TRON vault will be video assets, but that leaves the question of the more imminent Spike3 Metallica vault's video. Will it be updated dots of the original game to color and different aspect ratio, or will it be concert footage from their anniversary tour this Summer? This interview makes me think concert footage or maybe a mixture of both.

Galvez killed it with the dots via archaic
But relevant deluxe paint 3 first seen on amiga. His work is amazing given the pixel limitations def should have for classic mode

#48558 25 days ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Galvez killed it with the dots via archaic
But relevant deluxe paint 3 first seen on amiga. His work is amazing given the pixel limitations def should have for classic mode

I think you just nailed the secret to the success of these vaults ; lcd with movie / concert footage ? Sure , bring it ! But a selectable mode to display original dot matrix animations makes it that much better !
Win / win

#48559 25 days ago

Yeah that's a pretty cool idea.

#48560 25 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I think you just nailed the secret to the success of these vaults ; lcd with movie / concert footage ? Sure , bring it ! But a selectable mode to display original dot matrix animations makes it that much better !
Win / win

Especially since we already know, they can port some of the old-school stuff because of the current system menu. I’m sure that’s not emulated as that would take longer longer than to just cut and paste the raw sprites and attached functions to them.

I just hope they don’t force the smooth pixel filter like all the color. DMD‘s seem to do because it looks like shit a 15 Hz sprite That had native scan lines at least on a CRT looks like shit with those modern smudge filters that gets rid of the pixels I know didn’t have lines for sale, but they had segments which is essentially the same thing which broke up dots versus the giant smear. I’m a huge fan of old-school sprites Capcom, Neo geo etc. sprites ftw

IMG_7659.gifIMG_7659.gif
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#48561 25 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

ghostbusters is a shit game and I don't think Stern is interested in re-running games made by a convicted pedophile. I'm sure they know they could sell a lot of ghostbusters if they did, because people will buy a crap tier game just because its pretty and says ghostbusters on it, but considering they won't even speak the designers name anymore, I have extreme doubts they'll re-run his game.

relax. Sounds like you are very unforgiving. Are you hating on the game because of the designer. But are you ok with other demonic evil stuff in pinball?

#48562 25 days ago

I understand everybody has their own opinions about things, but when it comes to Trudeau, I just can’t give it a pass. I fully understand a game has an entire village behind it, but when I’m looking down through the glass, I’m playing flippers with a ball on a piece of wood that he designed and that just makes me think of all the horrible shit that he’s done was he doing it when he was developing this game when he went home I don’t know, but to me it just makes me sick enough that I could never actually own it and if I had judge or Congo, etc., I would surely have sold them because again Personally it makes me sick to my stomach . Not everybody feels that way and that’s completely fine, but I couldn’t stare down at his playfield and not think about it.

I can tolerate a lot of things in life, but mistreatment of animals and children is where I draw the line and will happily spend a few months in jail for a good beat down.

Also, seeing has none of us know what a stern contract looks like for a designer. They very well might have to pay him royalties on another run. I know if it was my game my design in my contract I would stipulate that additional runs would pay me royalties but again none of us know that, but I’m sure they wouldn’t want to get into that mess either if that’s the case.

And again, like I said, in another thread about all these influencers, they’ve invited into their circle. There’s a lot of negativities that can come with that too, and those guys would love to run with the fact that they had a game that was designed developed and produced by a convicted pedophile, doesn’t matter how anybody feels right about it 100,000 followers of some of these influencers can sure make a mess within a few hours on the Internet with a few hashtags

#48563 25 days ago

My plan is to wait and see if they remake Metallica. If they modernize the original ill buy the new one. If not, I'll find an old one. If it's a new Metallica then let's see.. but I agree with concert avoiding footage. I've been a Metallica fan since the 80s but I've never been a live cd listener of any band. I'd rather go to the show. Leave the album tracks for the pinball machine. That's my vote. Hope they are reading these.

#48564 25 days ago

What concert pin is live music tracks?
I'm new-ish and have 2 music pins, and both are concert footage to album tracks.

#48565 25 days ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

relax. Sounds like you are very unforgiving. Are you hating on the game because of the designer. But are you ok with other demonic evil stuff in pinball?

"Demonic evil stuff" is made up things, fantasy realm.

What the GB designer did is tangible evil.

#48566 25 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm new-ish and have 2 music pins, and both are concert footage to album tracks.

Queen I believe is all live tracks.

#48567 24 days ago

I'd personally love to see Elwin do a House of the Dragon game...it'd look really nice next to my GOTLE. It'll never happen, but it'd be nice...

#48568 24 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Queen

#48569 23 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You wanna listen to Gary Glitter?
There is absolutely no defending what he did.
'Having been expelled from Cambodia, he was convicted in 2006 of sexually abusing two girls between the ages of 10 and 11 in Vietnam, where he spent about two years in prison.'

Thats not really what I said but in all honesty, I'd rather hear Rock n roll part 2 at a sporting event than ever play ghostbusters again.

Theres no defending what Trudeau did either. Is it even worth arguing over who is the worse guy? They are both abhorrent human beings for their actions.

I have no problem separating an artist from their art most of the time. My reasons for hating GB are not Trudeau related.

Quoted from Jaytech10:

No.
Yes.

#48570 23 days ago

In a desperate attempt to revitalize the Marvel superhero Pinball market share, Seth Davis has just approved this new relevant title. Hawk Tuah.
Mr68 has put his preorder in.
IMG_4077 (resized).jpegIMG_4077 (resized).jpeg

#48571 23 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:In a desperate attempt to revitalize the Marvel superhero Pinball market share, Seth Davis has just approved this new relevant title. Hawk Tuah.
[quoted image]

I am in…I mean, I am down…

Nm.. wife said no.

#48572 23 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

In a desperate attempt to revitalize the Marvel superhero Pinball market share, Seth Davis has just approved this new relevant title. Hawk Tuah.
[quoted image]

I‘m in!

#48573 23 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's nowhere if I remember right. No one is going to know/get hung up on it except people really into pinball, and they are likely not the core market for a Ghostbusters vault.
It will also give Stern the opportunity to make more Ghostbusters toppers, which are RIDICULOUSLY priced on the used market.
And this "I couldn't possibly own Ghostbusters now, because Trudeau" is a little myopic when OTHER Trudeau games like Congo, Creature, and Bride of Pinbot (amongst others - Trudeau was PROLIFIC) seem to be no ethical problem to own, enjoy.

Bingo! A lot of selective reasoning with people when it comes to his games.

#48574 22 days ago

Screenshot from the "Making of Jaws Pinball" that just dropped. Any ideas what any of the stuff in the background is?

This is Elwin in the Stern workshop with other stuff visible in the background.

1. Playfield by wall (EDIT) Identified as Led Zeppelin.
2. Upside down playfield next to it
3. Expression lighting kit that doesn't match any released games I know of (EDIT) Rush Expression Light Blades
4. Side view of pin with white armor that doesn't match any released game I know of.

Go!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#48575 22 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Screenshot from the "Making of Jaws Pinball" that just dropped. Any ideas what any of the stuff in the background is?
1. Playfield by wall
3. Expression lighting kit that doesn't match any released games I know of
4. Side view of pin with white armor that doesn't match any released game I know of.
Go![quoted image]

The playfield in the back (under his hat brim in the pic) is Led Zeppelin. Can’t make out enough of the upside down one to match to anything.

#48576 22 days ago

1. Playfield by wall (EDIT) Identified as Led Zeppelin.
3. Expression lighting kit that doesn't match any released games I know of
Go!
[quoted image]

I think this is stranger things Art blades, not sure if this what you are referring to in point 3?

#48577 22 days ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I think this is stranger things Art blades, not sure if this what you are referring to in point 3?[quoted image]

Looking more into it those are Rush Expression Lights...

#48578 22 days ago

Looking more into it those are Rush Expression Lights...

You're right , I'm an idiot

#48579 22 days ago

The upside down playfield has a coil halfway up on the far side (right side upside down, would be left side right-side up). That matches the position of Stranger's scoop eject, or Iron Maiden's bottom bumper with the other two behind the shelf, or maybe Jurassic's post in the control room lane.

#48580 22 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey-ya got something on your nose there-may want to wipe it off
[quoted image][quoted image]

You own 30+ stern machines of 42 total, that nose fits you better clown

#48581 22 days ago

An Aerosmith Pro run is certainly getting traction. I was wondering if there is more to it other than the Chosen Ones sighting decals at the factory.

#48582 22 days ago
Quoted from Munsters:

You own 30+ stern machines of 42 total, that nose fits you better clown

Imagine giving someone shit for owning 40 + pinball machines, on a pinball machine forum. At least talk about him behind his back, they are sure to laugh at the $$$ spent, on pinball!

#48583 22 days ago

One theme idk if I ever see mentioned as a wishlist one is Yellowstone.. granted I think it would translate to a terrible pinball game… but it is an IP folks love

#48584 21 days ago
Quoted from LIPinballSociety:

One theme idk if I ever see mentioned as a wishlist one is Yellowstone.. granted I think it would translate to a terrible pinball game… but it is an IP folks love

As someone living near the park, if you mean a pin that explores the ecosystems, mountains, and wildlife of the region - I would be so into that. Survive one year as a migrating elk, a freshly ejected wolf, etc. Move through the seasons as mini-wizard modes. Choose your own adventure with more than 2 outcomes. If you mean the series, they can keep it.

#48585 21 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Imagine giving someone shit for owning 40 + pinball machines, on a pinball machine forum. At least talk about him behind his back, they are sure to laugh at the $$$ spent, on pinball!

Sigh… It’s about he own stern machines and giving me crap on a comment that i love stern. So please read before you comment bs.

#48586 21 days ago

I am starting to get that excitement back!

I don't know if you all saw this video posted yesterday but I feel like Brian may have let the cat out of the bag with his next game with Stern and teaming up with Dwight. Why else would he have a slide show about it? Did Stern get Beetlejuice? I am on cloud 9 right now

This video is a fantastic & fascinating watch with some great insider info(really enjoyed watching it)

#48587 21 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Did Stern get Beetlejuice

It will probably be based on original but the new movie looks good and I am excited to take the family to go see it.

-The juice is loose!

#48588 21 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know if you all saw this video posted yesterday but I feel like Bryan may have let the cat out of the bag with his next game with Stern and teaming up with Dwight. Why else would he have a slide show about it? Did Stern get Beetlejuice? I am on cloud 9 right now
This video is a fantastic & fascinating watch with some great insider info(really enjoyed watching it)

I just watched all the Q&A. What are you referring to? I heard zero mention of Beetlejuice? You have a time stamp to help me out?

#48589 21 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You have a time stamp to help me out?

Well first of all-you should watch in its entirety if you get a chance but it is at the end when he mentions working on next game and small icon on slideshow template shows Beetlejuice.

Love all the talk about cool mechs that were 86-I geek out on stuff like that

#48590 21 days ago

Beetlejuice would be the most fun theme Stern has done in *years*. For that reason I'm very skeptical they're actually doing it.

#48591 21 days ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Beetlejuice would be the most fun theme Stern has done in *years*

I am over FOMO and sight unseen LE's

Now who can get me a Beetlejuice LE?

-No seriously-if done right it could be really stellar. Really want only a few themes from Stern-Superman, Ozzy or BS, BTTF, Mission Impossible and Beetlejuice. I am really excited if Stern got it and another dream team game opportunity-Brian, Dwight-Beetlejuice-C'mon!

#48592 21 days ago
gob-arrested.gifgob-arrested.gif
#48593 21 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know if you all saw this video posted yesterday but I feel like Bryan may have let the cat out of the bag with his next game with Stern and teaming up with Dwight. Why else would he have a slide show about it? Did Stern get Beetlejuice? I am on cloud 9 right now

Eddy is trolling.

#48594 21 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Eddy is trolling

that-was-not-too-cool-bro-brad.gifthat-was-not-too-cool-bro-brad.gif
#48595 21 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am over FOMO and sight unseen LE's
Now who can get me a Beetlejuice LE?
-No seriously-if done right it could be really stellar. Really want only a few themes from Stern-Superman, Ozzy or BS, BTTF, Mission Impossible and Beetlejuice. I am really excited if Stern got it and another dream team game opportunity-Brian, Dwight-Beetlejuice-C'mon!

Dont cry baby, nothing wrong with fomo. O wait, your dream theme? Your on fomo again i c!

#48596 21 days ago

Seems you have a stalker hah

#48597 21 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Eddy is trolling

All I wanted was just a little taste

Make it so Eddy-I have faith

A taste.gifA taste.gif
#48598 21 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know if you all saw this video posted yesterday but I feel like Brian may have let the cat out of the bag with his next game with Stern and teaming up with Dwight. Why else would he have a slide show about it? Did Stern get Beetlejuice? I am on cloud 9 right now

Spooky has Beetlejuice

#48599 21 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Spooky has Beetlejuice

Would love Spooky's fun themes combined with Stern's reliability and code maturity...Stern seems completely uninterested in making stuff like Scooby, Looney Tunes, or Beetlejuice

#48600 21 days ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Would love Spooky's fun themes combined with Stern's reliability and code maturity...Stern seems completely uninterested in making stuff like Scooby, Looney Tunes, or Beetlejuice

No wonder give me an mix of Venom and Deadpool ala Wolverine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.95
12,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seattle, WA
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, WI
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 49,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 972 of 982.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.