green godzilla 2~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240709-093121 (resized).png
IMG_9625 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9617 (resized).jpeg
ezgif-3-1607da03c7.gif
IMG_3687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0693.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 49,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 971 of 981.
#48501 25 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

What is it (just the soundtrack?) or is it a mode? and how do you enable?

In the settings you'll see "Use Alternate Soundtrack". Set it to ON to enable. Changes the speed metal guitar riffs with a brooding, medieval soundtrack. Very fitting, IMO and an excellent option for switching things up a bit if the excellent guitar work isn't your thing or you simply want a break from it for a bit.

#48502 25 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Agreed except the part where you assume stern lost money on BK . I don’t know but I seriously doubt stern has lost money on any game they’ve put out in the last 10 years . There’s a big difference between losing money and simply having a game not mint free gold bullion - you don’t have to make a killing on every title to be profitable and successful. AP is another story altogether ….

To be fair I never said they lost money, I'm not sure there. I tend to agree with you that they have pretty big margins. I don't think they were as big back then and they certainly had quite a bit of development and custom part costs associated with the game. Don't forget the premium was only $7800 at the time and I think the topper was like 400 bucks lol. Maybe they made a little money, maybe they lost a little, I could see it going either way. My whole point is that the game did not meet expectations, their worst sales number game at the time and for at least a little while after. Not sure if its been passed up yet or not. Either way, I'm glad they are running more of them. I don't think they'll have much trouble selling them.

#48503 24 days ago

So Gomez essentially confirmed in this interview that Spike3 SAM/Whitestar vaults WILL NOT be DMD emulation (thank the old gods and the new!).

He implies that the TRON vault will be video assets, but that leaves the question of the more imminent Spike3 Metallica vault's video. Will it be updated dots of the original game to color and different aspect ratio, or will it be concert footage from their anniversary tour this Summer? This interview makes me think concert footage or maybe a mixture of both.

#48504 24 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

In the settings you'll see "Use Alternate Soundtrack". Set it to ON to enable. Changes the speed metal guitar riffs with a brooding, medieval soundtrack. Very fitting, IMO and an excellent option for switching things up a bit if the excellent guitar work isn't your thing or you simply want a break from it for a bit.

Nice change of pace and bonus to the game. Wish all music pins had the instrumental versions of songs as well, said this a few threads back.

#48505 24 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So Gomez essentially confirmed in this interview that Spike3 SAM/Whitestar vaults WILL NOT be DMD emulation (thank the old gods and the new!).
He implies that the TRON vault will be video assets, but that leaves the question of the more imminent Spike3 Metallica vault's video. Will it be updated dots of the original game to color and different aspect ratio, or will it be concert footage from their anniversary tour this Summer? This interview makes me think concert footage or maybe a mixture of both.

If Stern vaulted TSPP or LOTR with a Spike3 upgrade and LCD screen, etc. those two titles would definitely find their way into our dining room in the next few years...

#48506 24 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

If Stern vaulted TSPP or LOTR with a Spike3 upgrade and LCD screen, etc. those two titles would definitely find their way into our dining room in the next few years...

Maybe Ghost busters as well. That would be awesome

#48507 24 days ago

Totally agree. A vault LOTR would become my new priority to obtain if done as you described.

#48508 24 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Metallicas "Through the Never" is perfect as a package. It's got both live concert footage and "missions" already built it.

#48509 24 days ago

All that cool DMD art would look great on a big LCD!

#48510 24 days ago
Quoted from Skatewake:

Maybe Ghost busters as well. That would be awesome

ghostbusters is a shit game and I don't think Stern is interested in re-running games made by a convicted pedophile. I'm sure they know they could sell a lot of ghostbusters if they did, because people will buy a crap tier game just because its pretty and says ghostbusters on it, but considering they won't even speak the designers name anymore, I have extreme doubts they'll re-run his game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#48511 24 days ago

GB does great on location. Theme is killer, casual players love it

#48512 24 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Totally agree. A vault LOTR would become my new priority to obtain if done as you described.

I'd scratch build someone a White Water for one of those

#48513 24 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

I'd scratch build someone a White Water for one of those

A scratch build WH2O by you would be a fair trade. Your build was amazing!

#48514 24 days ago

Concert footage in Metallica would ruin it. Some of the best dots ever.

#48515 24 days ago

I had heard that he-who-shall-not-be-named was the original designer or had hands on designing Deadpool; they had Gomez finish or change it up to get the former's name off the game. (Who knows how true this is though)

If they ever vault Ghostbusters I think they'd definitely change the layout, even if it's borrowed from a previous game with Ghostbusters paint slapped on it.

I can't see them going back to the magna sling concept either. The current layout isn't the worst in the world but they'd change it simply to distance themselves from the guy who designed it.

I know there are tons of Zombie Yeti fans out there (and deservedly so) but I'd love to see Christopher Franchi art on a new Ghostbusters pin.

Do away with the Scoleri Brothers pop-ups while they are at it.

#48516 23 days ago

What's so terrible about Ghostbusters, besides the flipper gap? It seems fine to me - two ramps, two orbits, two scoops, some other targets, Slimer is a fine toy. Sure the Scoleris are nasty but everybody loves shooting bad guys in Cactus Canyon, right? The triple captive ball gimmick is a little bit wasted since it's not really worthwhile to shoot, but you can just ignore it. Rules are fine too - modes, multiballs, multipliers are all pretty standard for Stern, and it's got good risk-reward in going for the shorter or longer ladders of modes. I know the scoring balance was bad in earlier code, but now it's fine (well as fine as anything that depends heavily on playfield multipliers.) Other than the flipper gap (which is significant, but could easily be changed in a remake), I don't get the hate for it?

#48517 23 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

What's so terrible about Ghostbusters, besides the flipper gap? It seems fine to me - two ramps, two orbits, two scoops, some other targets, Slimer is a fine toy. Sure the Scoleris are nasty but everybody loves shooting bad guys in Cactus Canyon, right? The triple captive ball gimmick is a little bit wasted since it's not really worthwhile to shoot, but you can just ignore it. Rules are fine too - modes, multiballs, multipliers are all pretty standard for Stern, and it's got good risk-reward in going for the shorter or longer ladders of modes. I know the scoring balance was bad in earlier code, but now it's fine (well as fine as anything that depends heavily on playfield multipliers.) Other than the flipper gap (which is significant, but could easily be changed in a remake), I don't get the hate for it?

Welcome to the internet. People using it as a platform to hate things that others enjoy is just one of the many features it has to offer.

#48518 23 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'm not huge into ghostbusters either, but the 3d sculpts they put in for the building made a huge difference. Compare the look to that of Wick. You can argue all you want about which game has more in it, but a casual or noob, Ghostbusters is going to seem at a glance to have alot more in it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#48519 23 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

GB does great on location. Theme is killer, casual players love it

Yeah it looks really pretty, the playfield looks cool, and it says ghostbusters on it, just like I said. Its a rube noob wet dream. Sad they slaughtered my dream theme with bad gameplay unfortunately

Quoted from Merendino:

I had heard that he-who-shall-not-be-named was the original designer or had hands on designing Deadpool; they had Gomez finish or change it up to get the former's name off the game. (Who knows how true this is though)
If they ever vault Ghostbusters I think they'd definitely change the layout, even if it's borrowed from a previous game with Ghostbusters paint slapped on it.
I can't see them going back to the magna sling concept either. The current layout isn't the worst in the world but they'd change it simply to distance themselves from the guy who designed it.
I know there are tons of Zombie Yeti fans out there (and deservedly so) but I'd love to see Christopher Franchi art on a new Ghostbusters pin.
Do away with the Scoleri Brothers pop-ups while they are at it.

They totally scrapped his design on Deadpool and Gomez pulled off putting an excellent game together in record time. I also would love a whole new ghostbusters game if they were going to do it at all.

Quoted from vikingerik:

Everyone always says flipper gap lol but thats not even probably in the top 10 of problems with the game, although it is an annoying problem. The code sucks, everything about the rules mentioned "being fine" is actually boring and/or a huge issue particularly the playfield multiplier that makes most modes meaningless compared to a regular multiball with 6x going and theres just not really anything inventive or cool other than the annoying reverso flippers trick. It airballs all over the place including over the flippers from across the entire playfield, the ball jumps over the lane guides, some shots have weird geometry because the flipper gap (which was a literal design error btw), the callouts get annoying quick, the Scolari brother drop targets suck, the magna slings suck, I don't know, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things because its now been quite a while since the last time I played it. And before anyone says it, no I don't just suck at the game I've done every mode in the game including you are a god on multiple occasions. The game is a complete train wreck.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm not huge into ghostbusters either, but the 3d sculpts they put in for the building made a huge difference. Compare the look to that of Wick. You can argue all you want about which game has more in it, but a casual or noob, Ghostbusters is going to seem at a glance to have alot more in it. [quoted image]

Absolutely true. They did a great job making a world under glass for this game. Its also the last Stern to have a screen printed playfield from what I understand. This reminds me of another problem though about how the nice looking sculpts block the crap out of your view for things you want to see.

#48520 23 days ago

I added carrot flippers and adjusted the ball saves down. Plays better imo. Call-outs are great and just a fun game

#48521 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

ghostbusters is a shit game and I don't think Stern is interested in re-running games made by a convicted pedophile. I'm sure they know they could sell a lot of ghostbusters if they did, because people will buy a crap tier game just because its pretty and says ghostbusters on it, but considering they won't even speak the designers name anymore, I have extreme doubts they'll re-run his game.

Except that Gomez specifically mentioned it in another recent interview when talking about vaults. Casuals have no idea about Trudeau. Stern likes money. I think we'll see it again.

#48522 23 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Except that Gomez specifically mentioned it in another recent interview when talking about vaults. Casuals have no idea about Trudeau. Stern likes money. I think we'll see it again.

Don't they have to credit/print his name on the playfield if they use the layout again or can they just omit it entirely?

#48523 23 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Don't they have to credit/print his name on the playfield if they use the layout again or can they just omit it entirely?

It's nowhere if I remember right. No one is going to know/get hung up on it except people really into pinball, and they are likely not the core market for a Ghostbusters vault.

It will also give Stern the opportunity to make more Ghostbusters toppers, which are RIDICULOUSLY priced on the used market.

And this "I couldn't possibly own Ghostbusters now, because Trudeau" is a little myopic when OTHER Trudeau games like Congo, Creature, and Bride of Pinbot (amongst others - Trudeau was PROLIFIC) seem to be no ethical problem to own, enjoy.

#48524 23 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's nowhere if I remember right. No one is going to know/get hung up on it except people really into pinball, and they are likely not the core market for a Ghostbusters vault.
It will also give Stern the opportunity to make more Ghostbusters toppers, which are RIDICULOUSLY priced on the used market.
And this "I couldn't possibly own Ghostbusters now, because Trudeau" is a little myopic when OTHER Trudeau games like Congo, Creature, and Bride of Pinbot (amongst others - Trudeau was PROLIFIC) seem to be no ethical problem to own, enjoy.

I'm with you on the whole "i can't own" or "I can't like" something because whoever is responsible for it turned out to be a bad guy. I find that notion to be silly most of the time. What did Gomez say besides his trademark "never say never"? Look, would it shock me if they took the greasy money by re-releasing the game? Not really. Its just weird that they won't even say the guys name but they'd bring back his game? They scrapped a nearly complete game and started from scratch thanks to his antics. His name is on the playfield I'm pretty sure, and its certainly on the DMD. I guess they could just take it off there but that just makes things look even more suspect. Maybe the financial gain is too much for Stern to ignore but it just doesn't seem like a move from a company who tries to keep a squeaky clean public image. We can't even hear Gary Glitter at sporting events anymore

#48525 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

How much of an update to the design would they need to do to get his name off of it… If they could at least fix the flipper gap…

My wife approved a Ghostbusters so I’d love to get one NIB.

#48526 23 days ago

So, we're looking at possibly LOTR, Ghostbusters, TSPP, MET and Tron.. all vaulted? Sounds like Stern would definitely have a few winners in there, if all of them.

#48527 23 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

So, we're looking at possibly LOTR, Ghostbusters, TSPP, MET and Tron.. all vaulted? Sounds like Stern would definitely have a few winners in there, if all of them.

I’d be surprised with LOTR…. That license might be tricky. Same with the Simpsons… they are now owned by Disney. I am not sure all of that content would be reapproved.

#48528 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its just weird that they won't even say the guys name but they'd bring back his game? They scrapped a nearly complete game and started from scratch thanks to his antics.

You can't compare that time to now because during that time Trudeau had just been arrested, and was involved in numerous court cases for multiple offenses with multiple minors. It was too hot to have his work associated with Stern while his face and cases were in the media.

It's not the same thing as re-releasing things from his back catalog years later, even though, according to the court cases, he was an offender during a large part of his pinball career at multiple manufacturers, so if that's the hangup in a person's mind, a huge block of his pins are "tainted."

#48529 23 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I’d be surprised with LOTR…. That license might be tricky. Same with the Simpsons… they are now owned by Disney. I am not sure all of that content would be reapproved.

The Simpsons "Cancelled" Apu.. so you might be right.

#48530 23 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

After the big money targets, I think they'd do ok with Monopoly, Spiderman (2007, not the crap later one), AC/DC, Family Guy, and Pirates of the Caribbean, too. Although for PotC I would hope they'd fix the terrible clutch design of the ship. It's wasted on every one I ever bought used.

Once they get some experience with the Spike1/SAM/Whitestar Spike3 vaulting, they have a lot of potential targets.

#48531 23 days ago

I wouldn’t mind a GB Pro vault but flipper gap got to go. No need for magna slings. Maybe I just suck at this game.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe some sort of “Monster” implementation for vid with vault. Keep with what it has I. The original but add this if moving to vid display.

#48532 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

A lot of time and effort from a team of people go into making a pinball machine. No one really cares about this designer.

I think Stern will re run Ghostbusters or design a new game. There seems to be plenty of demand for the title.

#48533 23 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm with you on the whole "i can't own" or "I can't like" something because whoever is responsible for it turned out to be a bad guy. I find that notion to be silly most of the time. What did Gomez say besides his trademark "never say never"? Look, would it shock me if they took the greasy money by re-releasing the game? Not really. Its just weird that they won't even say the guys name but they'd bring back his game? They scrapped a nearly complete game and started from scratch thanks to his antics. His name is on the playfield I'm pretty sure, and its certainly on the DMD. I guess they could just take it off there but that just makes things look even more suspect. Maybe the financial gain is too much for Stern to ignore but it just doesn't seem like a move from a company who tries to keep a squeaky clean public image. We can't even hear Gary Glitter at sporting events anymore

You wanna listen to Gary Glitter?

There is absolutely no defending what he did.

'Having been expelled from Cambodia, he was convicted in 2006 of sexually abusing two girls between the ages of 10 and 11 in Vietnam, where he spent about two years in prison.'

#48534 23 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

A lot of time and effort from a team of people go into making a pinball machine. No one really cares about this designer.
I think Stern will re run Ghostbusters or design a new game. There seems to be plenty of demand for the title.

Exactly. Most people that buy pinball machines have no idea who the designers of these games are or their history. If people did care then the prices and demand would be low. The game was a team effort, not an individual. I can appreciate a game like Pulp Fiction even knowing that the Producer is a monster that is sitting in prison.

#48535 23 days ago

The next stern is Nolan’s Batman by Jack Danger.

#48536 23 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

oh fuck for real? I hadn't heard Disney bought rights to LotR

#48537 23 days ago
Quoted from Dstyles23:

The next stern is Nolan’s Batman by Jack Danger.

I'm sure you have receipts for your outrageous claim. Please post them.

#48538 23 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

They didn’t

#48539 23 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You wanna listen to Gary Glitter?
There is absolutely no defending what he did.
'Having been expelled from Cambodia, he was convicted in 2006 of sexually abusing two girls between the ages of 10 and 11 in Vietnam, where he spent about two years in prison.'

Oh, that’s pretty bad… They will probably need to get the license back unless their previous licenses included any sort of option that would allow them to re-run titles in the future. Even then there may have been some type of morality clause to allow them to protect their brand.

#48540 23 days ago

Let's go Stern, I'm ready for tomorrow night! and Barry's still alive for callouts.

But would ya just watch the hair? Ya know, I work on my hair a long time and you hit it. He hits my hair

SNF (resized).jpgSNF (resized).jpg
#48541 23 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

they haven't... just the Simpsons

my comment about LOTR was that it might be super expensive now... I think the cost of that license is through the roof.

#48542 23 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Exactly. Most people that buy pinball machines have no idea who the designers of these games are or their history.

This. Period. I'll add that probably close to 100% of casual pinball players on location (restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, laundromats, etc...) couldn't name 1 single pinball designer, much less give any details about their personal history. Hell, most would say "Stern designed it". It's horrendous and inexcusable what Troudeau is guilty of, but most people simply don't know. Honestly, I had to Google it a few years ago and I'm a damn pinhead......

#48543 23 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was all jazzed about the Indiana Jones rumor and Borg-dream theme with a dream team
I still have not lost hope and think the Indiana Jones franchise is one of the best of all time
I really think an IJ Temple or IJ Raiders would be stellar and I am a sucker for IJ and it would be hard to resist
Hoping they did not ditch the idea entirely and that it still may be on the table-or at least I hope so
[quoted image][quoted image]

Borg? I might be interested but probably not of Borg is the lead designer.

#48544 23 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't know why you vault anything at this point while trying to put out 3 cornerstones a year.

Who's buying all these games at these prices?

#48545 23 days ago

Yeah they are still doing runs of their big hits too. Zach was saying every time a new cornerstone is released he sells more Godzillas and JP’s lol.

#48546 23 days ago

If MET is released I hope they don't use current concert footage. I don't want to watch old men butchering their songs while playing. Like GNR footage...terrible. It's a game not a concert DVD.

#48547 23 days ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

If MET is released I hope they don't use current concert footage. I don't want to watch old men butchering their songs while playing. Like GNR footage...terrible. It's a game not a concert DVD.

Yeah, that was ridiculous! Doesn’t matter if the band wanted it or not. The 87’ gnr would’ve made me buy that game. Can’t do it with fat axl….!
Metallica, same thing. Don’t fuck it up boys!

#48548 23 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't know why you vault anything at this point while trying to put out 3 cornerstones a year. Who's buying all these games at these prices?

People often discuss vaulting games here, and it certainly has the potential to attract both new and existing customers. Stern is responding to market demand, much like with their new cornerstone releases. Personally, I would likely purchase a Tron VE if it were released, I guess making me one of those guys who invest in these games.

#48549 23 days ago

I really think Judiest priest would sell phenomenally. Something any pinball company should consider.

#48550 23 days ago

The new and and improved “centaur revisited”!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 16.95
$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oak Harbor, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 55.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

13,200 (OBO)
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Framingham, MA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 49,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 971 of 981.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.