Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 936.
#4801 4 years ago

TMNT hint? Misdirection? Meaningless doodle?

20191011_031948 (resized).jpg20191011_031948 (resized).jpg20191011_032008 (resized).jpg20191011_032008 (resized).jpg
#4802 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

TMNT hint? Misdirection? Meaningless doodle?[quoted image][quoted image]

Where’s that from? Sterns Facebook?

#4803 4 years ago

Would absolutely work, esp if you get the toto sound and virginia madsen to do the callouts and info.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Spooky even had some obscure Goonies references in TNA.

Not sure I’ve caught any, but been a decade or more since my last viewing. Example? Baby-Ruth?

#4805 4 years ago

Good movie. Made a gajillion dollars. Good pinball theme. = Top Gun

Bad Movie. On cable often and made little money. Bad pinball theme. = Goonies

Starting to feel the need for speed, and some Top Gun. With new movie coming out, would Stern base the pin on the first movie or new release? Hoping for the old one.
31368AA1-978A-443A-BCBF-188750E18978.gif31368AA1-978A-443A-BCBF-188750E18978.gif

9FAD66A5-84A9-48DB-99A9-53FAB8178416.gif9FAD66A5-84A9-48DB-99A9-53FAB8178416.gif
#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Starting to feel the need for speed, and some Top Gun. With new movie coming out, would Stern base the pin on the first movie or new release? Hoping for the old one.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Some of us are much bigger Goonies fans, than Top Gun. There is enough of a market for both (for now).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Would absolutely love a big trouble in little china machine.

A classic for sure!

#4808 4 years ago

If they do Motley Crue it'd be a must buy, same with Big Trouble... maybe Stranger Things but I dunno... I like the show but not sure there's enough for a good pin.

I guarantee they'll do Doctor Strange around when the sequel comes out.

#4809 4 years ago

Pretty sure the next pin will be Beetlejuice followed by TMNT.

#4810 4 years ago

beetlejuice would be great

#4811 4 years ago

Visuals in the new Top Gun trailer look amazing. Old movie was a bit cheesy but true 80s classic. Problem with Goonies is it was just one movie and not as popular as other stuff from the 80s. I would love to see more 80s retro goodness so not going to complain if a Goonies pin is made.

#4812 4 years ago

I think Stranger Things is the perfect choice. Between the subject matter and the style of the show, it appeals to GenX all while being current/relevant and appealing to the young.

#4813 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not arguing, just have to point out that Bond is over 55 years old and the 80s were NOT kind to him. I dont think anyone thinks of Bond as an 80s theme

I love the 80's Bond movies!

#4814 4 years ago

Some rumors floating around that Goonies could be the next one..

#4815 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would be in on Top Gun for sure... assuming Stern has fixed their PF issues by that time.

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Some rumors floating around that Goonies could be the next one..

I am an 80's kid but that theme wouldn't do it for me.

#4817 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am an 80's kid but that theme wouldn't do it for me.

Me too, but Goonies is a must buy for me. So much you could do with that pin.

#4818 4 years ago

Goonies was the background of Kineda's Podcast that talked about the next title. I'm going Goonies too.

#4819 4 years ago

Goonies in Europe is really not popuplar...

#4820 4 years ago

It’s not popular in the US either

#4821 4 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

It’s not popular in the US either

What world do you live in?

#4822 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What world do you live in?

Goonies wasnt that good...

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Goonies wasnt that good...

Must be a California thing lol. Ive never heard anyone say they arent a fan of Goonies until on Pinside. Its regarded one of the best 80's movies made.

#4824 4 years ago

What ever happened to Tron vault coming out?

#4825 4 years ago

Top Gun and Goonies works for me!

Side note: I am in love with my Jurassic Park LE. Had to throw it out there!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4826 4 years ago

Heyyyyyy You Guyyyyyyyys Goonies would be amazing!!!

Background music Goonies R Good Enough must play, call outs from Sean Astin / Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman.... Truffle shuffle chunk shaker mode, causing diverters to open up via a rube goldberg type scene on the LCD. Spell S-L-OT-H to reveal the IT. Baby Ruth line...Chestor copper pot never made it this far!!! Wishing well mode, Top of playfield has booty traps...I mean booby traps. Gigantic boulders that come down causing the balls path to be block by certain ramps / targets. 50 dolla bill mode... animated moving pipes, The Fratelli chase mode, playfield gets dark & Data's blinding LED lights that shine at your face through the back box mode...one problem batteries not last so long. One eyed willy gotta play the bones to lower the draw bridge, diverter allows ball to travel down the ramps / water slides (playing that music score). You get to the bottom of the lower playfield revealing one eyed willy's ship. You gotta hit the targets to have the ship sail away for multi ball... Don't take willy's treasure, that's HIS! ... And remember GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE! The Goonies are looking at pinballs!
goonies_040514 (resized).jpggoonies_040514 (resized).jpg

#4827 4 years ago

I still think turtles is the best choice.

Bigger then goonies, beatle juice, top gun and dune (sorry never heard of it) back in the 80s and had been relevant ever since.

I don’t see goonies bringing new kids into pinball.

TMNT will be a hit on location. If it’s not next i can wait patiently.

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Goonies in Europe is really not popuplar...

Goonies are and have been very popular in sweden.
I´ve shown goonies for my kids, and though the little one was a bit scared in the fratello restaurant, they all liked it a lot.

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Heyyyyyy You Guyyyyyyyys Goonies would be amazing!!!
Background music Goonies R Good Enough must play, call outs from Sean Astin / Josh Brolin, Corey Feldman.... Truffle shuffle chunk shaker mode, causing diverters to open up via a rube goldberg type scene on the LCD. Spell S-L-OT-H to reveal the IT. Baby Ruth line...Chestor copper pot never made it this far!!! Wishing well mode, Top of playfield has booty traps...I mean booby traps. Gigantic boulders that come down causing the balls path to be block by certain ramps / targets. 50 dolla bill mode... animated moving pipes, The Fratelli chase mode, playfield gets dark & Data's blinding LED lights that shine at your face through the back box mode...one problem batteries not last so long. One eyed willy gotta play the bones to lower the draw bridge, diverter allows ball to travel down the ramps / water slides (playing that music score). You get to the bottom of the lower playfield revealing one eyed willy's ship. You gotta hit the targets to have the ship sail away for multi ball... Don't take willy's treasure, that's HIS! ... And remember GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE! The Goonies are looking at pinballs!
[quoted image]

Sounds great!

#4830 4 years ago

Turtles is a shitty theme that already has a machine from Data East.

Enough of the remakes already, plenty of fresh shit out there that has never been done before.

I’m 1000% in for Goonies!

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I still think turtles is the best choice.
Bigger then goonies, beatle juice, top gun and dune (sorry never heard of it) back in the 80s and had been relevant ever since.
I don’t see goonies bringing new kids into pinball.

Well, are the kids going to be buying them, or their parents who liked 80's movies??

I personally think Top Gun would be a boring theme.

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, are the kids going to be buying them, or their parents who liked 80's movies??
I personally think Top Gun would be a boring theme.

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

I just feel it would essentially be like F-14 Tomcat.

#4834 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Give me a mission impossible pin with some cool mechs and Tom is welcome in my basement!

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You mean "Gold Wings" of course.

#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yep...like a f-14 tomcat or gold wings.

Let me guess this one will feature the f-18 super hornet in the game...lol

If you need a Tom cruise fix in your house just get one of those and rock one of the alternate translites that are out there.

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Give me a mission impossible pin with some cool mechs and Tom is welcome in my basement!

Mission Impossible would be much better than top gun.

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mission Impossible would be much better than top gun.

Definitely if the film footage was included there are some amazing scenes in the last few movies that would go nicely with a super fast layout.

#4839 4 years ago

Kanedas rumor he heard was karate kid. I'd be ALL in on that one. Hoping that's true. Same with turtles.

#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Kanedas rumor he heard was karate kid. I'd be ALL in on that one. Hoping that's true. Same with turtles.

Another boring dud for me. First time I’ve heard this as well.

Goonies has been in the rumor mill for at least 1.5-2 years.

#4841 4 years ago

Magnetic ball save between the flippers tied to the lockdown bar action button, take my money!

1BF0DEDC-368C-4BFB-AF72-6D3D05B4F460.gif1BF0DEDC-368C-4BFB-AF72-6D3D05B4F460.gif
#4842 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Not into Karate Kid or Goonies - both seem real dated now.

I think the next Stern will be the re-skinned Led Zep game.

Beatles wasn't a hit with pinheads but I heard it sold pretty good, so expect same kind of selling model.

#4843 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

As much as I love The Karate Kid movies, im not sure a pin would be all that exciting.

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As much as I love The Karate Kid movies, im not sure a pin would be all that exciting.

I agree with this, but would love to see it made. It's definitely a tricky theme to make a pin out of, but if it happens and looks good I'd be in. Similar to top gun. Not sure how you tell the story in a pinball machine. I think Goonies would make a much better pin story and I definitely want that theme to happen as well. KK, TMNT, and starwars are my favorite childhood movies, so any of those will probably find their way into my house.

#4845 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where’s that from? Sterns Facebook?

Stern video from a few months ago

#4846 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For a secret agent pin, dont you think sean connery 007 would be better? I'd be all over that.

#4847 4 years ago

My prediction is TMNT but not based on the beloved movie, instead its that garbage art that they do now.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

For a secret agent pin, dont you think sean connery 007 would be better? I'd be all over that.

I'd be all in if they use that classic Connery era poster artwork (did a quick search and I've apparently already posted it in this thread, so I'll spare bandwidth for the disinterested):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/69#post-5060778

#4849 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'd be all in if they use that classic Connery era poster artwork (did a quick search and I've apparently already posted it in this thread, so I'll spare bandwidth for the disinterested):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/69#post-5060778

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think im the only one ever to like Roger Moore over Connery lol

#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep...like a f-14 tomcat or gold wings.
Let me guess this one will feature the f-18 super hornet in the game...lol
If you need a Tom cruise fix in your house just get one of those and rock one of the alternate translites that are out there.

Combine Gold Wings, F 14 TonmCat and AirBorne.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Oradell, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 300.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.