DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 937.
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

TWIP just posted these pics on FB.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice

#4252 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

TWIP just posted these pics on FB.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I curse you and appreciate it at the same tinme stealing that stolen photos and posting them. XD

But:
MAN, THAT REALLY DOESN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE A STERN GAME, IT'S THAT LOADED!!!
I'm kinda blown away and I Don't even care in the slightest for Jurassic Park

Hollywoodbone propably has a boner and is propably getting his GotG and SW Pro ready to sell this very second!

#4253 4 years ago

Pro and pre look great.

#4254 4 years ago

Need to see the reveal and game play.

#4255 4 years ago

Expect a JP home edition in the future.

#4256 4 years ago

Looks interesting! Would look nice next to my DE JP.

#4257 4 years ago

Pro left Pre/LE right.

Looks damn close. Not to much stripped out.

69AFB14D-35B0-4A5B-9776-1B6BA99E6697.jpeg69AFB14D-35B0-4A5B-9776-1B6BA99E6697.jpeg
#4258 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pro left Pre/LE right.
Looks damn close. Not to much stripped out.[quoted image]

So... Premium Dinosaur Head is able to move and spit Balls in the Ramp I suppose?

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So... Premium Dinosaur Head is able to move and spit Balls in the Ramp I suppose?

That I am not sure of.

#4260 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Def gotta move...some have said maybe a magnet, not spitting

#4261 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Def gotta move...some have said maybe a magnet, not spitting

Yeah, and as frankmac says more of course (molded Dinosaur on the left for instance), but it at seems quite obviously that the Head somehow interacts with the ramp. (Why else should he face the ramp in the Premium?)

Very intrigued.
I'm really kind of sad I'm not a JP Fan, else I'd allready would have ordered.

#4262 4 years ago

They need to switch the cabinet at on the Pro & Premium

#4263 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pro left Pre/LE right.
Looks damn close. Not to much stripped out.[quoted image]

Looks the goods to me. Plenty of shots and lots of things to do. I love the long wireform, gives you time to aim a shot on that third flipper. I prefer the animations (if this is true) over movie clips.

Shame we are not JP fans, we would be in on one for sure. Hopefully this game turns out to be a winner. I think this game will make plenty of people happy.

Looking forward to the reveal. Thanks to the savvy people on Pinside for giving us sneak pics.

#4264 4 years ago

#4265 4 years ago

Can someone do another video to tell this guy what a fucking T-Rex is?
Sweet jesus.

#4266 4 years ago

Man I hope there’s one on location in my area

#4267 4 years ago

13 minute video with maybe 2 minutes of info.

Summary:

- I can’t see any significant difference between the playfields
- the art is between meh and ok.
- throw a party because the game has music from John Williams.
- wonder what the pricing will be.

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

13 minute video with maybe 2 minutes of info.
Summary:
- I can’t see any significant difference between the playfields
- the art is between meh and ok.
- throw a party because the game has music from John Williams.
- wonder what the pricing will be.

Raptor cage on premium/le also has a Magnet (Not on pro)
Helicopter on the bottom right is different. Assuming premium/LE is on a motor like the drones on Dialed In.

#4269 4 years ago

Ok, so now that we know what is coming, with plenty of threads to boot.

Lets get back on topic, . What will be the next Stern?

Mad Max would be sweet!!

#4270 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What will be the next Stern?

Elvira would be the next one in October. Or do you mean after that? That then should be Brian Eddy's game, but would we see that before year end or in January?

#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Elvira would be the next one in October. Or do you mean after that? That then should be Brian Eddy's game, but would we see that before year end or in January?

Speculation is what this thread is about and Elvira and Halloween. Seems like a sure bet!

#4272 4 years ago
4DB76EB9-F8DE-4C25-9622-3B18CF2B3323 (resized).jpeg4DB76EB9-F8DE-4C25-9622-3B18CF2B3323 (resized).jpeg
#4273 4 years ago

Personally don't get it. A remake of a pin that was modeled on a film from 1993.... Why?

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Personally don't get it. A remake of a pin that was modeled on a film from 1993.... Why?

The answer to all your questions is money.

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Because Stern thinks it will sell. "Old is new again."

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because Stern thinks it will sell. "Old is new again."

They don't just think it, it's reality. They released a Munsters machine and people were coming out the of the woodwork here to talk aboot how awesome that was...I mean that even confused me for a minute.

#4277 4 years ago

I can see Munsters a little more as it hadn't been done and has a great soundtrack. I'm not in the pinball business, but I'd be hitting themes that are for old and young ppl. Maybe ppl still watch that film.

#4278 4 years ago

I.am.not.buying.it.

Hoax alert!

#4279 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see Munsters a little more as it hadn't been done and has a great soundtrack..

Great soundtrack ...wtf?!?

#4280 4 years ago

It has a catchy song like Addams family. What’s not to get??

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Because people like dinosaurs?

Not a must have theme for me, but with Keith on the code, will pick one up a year down the road.

And which sounds better Raptor Tri Ball v Kid Multiball

500 LE will sell out quick.

#4282 4 years ago

Kids nowadays love jw and a lot of them watched jp cause of that, jp movies on Netflix so probably a good onroute pin for all Ages

#4283 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see Munsters a little more as it hadn't been done and has a great soundtrack. I'm not in the pinball business, but I'd be hitting themes that are for old and young ppl. Maybe ppl still watch that film.

I’m 21 years old and I love retro themes
I think it’s a smart move to cater to players old and new.

While Jurassic wouldn’t be my first choice, it’s a timeless film and its has timeless themes

#4284 4 years ago

I wonder if they will fix sausage fingers...

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from tankpinball:

I’m 21 years old and I love retro themes
I think it’s a smart move to cater to players old and new.
While Jurassic wouldn’t be my first choice, it’s a timeless film and its has timeless themes

I just realized that I woke up old today...Jurassic Park is now considered retro

#4286 4 years ago

Jurassic
Elvira
BILL & M'r F'n TED!

#4287 4 years ago

At least they didn't choose like Jurassic Park 3

#4288 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm betting it's Jurassic Park.

Called it a week ago. Don't worry I won't ever be right about a pin reveal again I'm not that lucky lol!

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am calling it now. The next Stern machine will be Jurassic World. The teaser will be released on 31 July with a reveal video/article with IGN on 2 August. Bryan Eddy will knock it out of the park on code, art will be substandard photoshop and we will all complain, but the game itself will be great. It will be a fast and furious pin with more dinosaurs on the Premium/LE than the standard. It will be a commercial hit for Stern in the same realm as Deadpool, and at the end of the day it will advance the hobby. Stern will release the pin with more complete code than any other pin in recent memory, but the code will still improve with time.

see what Brain Eddy has in store for us and my kid loves the Data East JP.
More
I would agree with you, but there is some logic and analysis to my prediction and some circumstantial evidence that BKSOR was released early to give time for a cornerstone before Elvira.
~ Announcement dates and/or start of clubs
BatMan66- 8/29/2016
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
That comes out to an average of 134 days between announcements. If we use BKSOR as the anchor for the last announcement, that would put us at 6 August. Tuesday seems like a bad day to do it, so I am predicting they back it up a week and release on 31 July//2 August... +/- 1 week and I am guessing the earlier of the dates.
You will note that BKSOR was release after a much shorter development cycle than the others... 2 to 3 months earlier. Depending on how you want to look at it, that was either based on poor Munsters sales, or a desire to squeeze another pin out before an October Elvira release. We have a confirmed Elvira release from Elvira herself, so I am guessing the short time between Munsters and BKSOR was due to the need to squeeze another cornerstone out.
Fingers crossed for Bryan Eddy... we love your other games and can't wait to see what you put out this time.

Okay okay... if I count the Beatles as a full release then that would bring the average down from 134 days to 117 days. That would put us at Saturday July 20th, with a teaser stream on the 24th of July and a reveal and IGN article on 26 July. This would still fall within +/- 1 week of the original estimate.
We shall see.
Start pinching your pennies and start your Jurassic Park restorations!

Predicted to the day over a month ago, complete with analysis and how I got there. I need a medal.

#4290 4 years ago

Predicted to the day over a month ago, complete with analysis and how I got there. I need a medal.

Except you didn't. This isn't Eddy.

#4291 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Except you didn't. This isn't Eddy.

Hey hey hey... I clearly said that we would complain about the art.

#4292 4 years ago

Now that Stern has moved onto some Millennial themes (TMNT coming?), when do we get Lego Indiana Jones???

#4293 4 years ago

For what?

It's not Eddy.
It's not "World".
It's not June.

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sweet jesus.

what are you talking about?!? this guy is a f*cking genius. from all of his half-hearted attempts at guessing, hemming and hawing and then taking a side and then flipping like a politician, the slow clap, the dinosaur sound effects...
this list goes on and on and on and on and on

what's not to like about a 13 minute long video from a guy that can't even figure out how to zoom in on an image of a webpage?

plus, he's humble too. he even admitted that he couldn't have done a better job with the art. are we sure that this isn't the guy that did all of the voice over work for stern for TWD?

#4295 4 years ago

Kids generally grow up playing with dinosaurs - JP was the first good film to use CG to make dinosaurs come to life (pun intended) and actually did a pretty damn good job for it being in the early 90s. Feel free to try and find a better CG scene from that era than the T-Rex at night. Now those kids that grew up playing with dinosaurs and then watching those movies on the turn of solid CG technology have disposable income. Seems pretty obviously why they are doing this theme to me.

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Lego Indiana Jones???

LOVE IT!

#4297 4 years ago

Me likes Indy, Kids love lego, Wife would love me making Kids happy, Gary & George (Lucas) loves money.

EVERYBODY WINS!!!

#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what are you talking about?!? this guy is a f*cking genius. from all of his half-hearted attempts at guessing, hemming and hawing

Yea, true. This is speculation info we are dealing with - so this is what everyone is doing right now at least.

Quoted from j_m_:

and then taking a side and then flipping like a politician

Taking sides? What side exactly? I thought this was pinball. What 'side' was taken? Also, where was the 'flip' that you state?

Quoted from j_m_:

the slow clap, the dinosaur sound effects...

slow clap for Stern getting the music from John Williams? Should that not be given applause? I don't recall ANY dinosaur sound effects either....

Quoted from j_m_:

what's not to like about a 13 minute long video from a guy that can't even figure out how to zoom in on an image of a webpage?

I guess the pics could have been zoomed in, but the quality would have been greatly degraded due to lack of the images resolution. These images aren't high resolution - as specified in the video.

Quoted from j_m_:

plus, he's humble too. he even admitted that he couldn't have done a better job with the art.

I slow clap this.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Sweet jesus.

Even though the images state that its a molded T-Rex - everywhere. At a glance and the direction we get these images I did mistakenly not recognize it was in fact a T-Rex. For that I greatly apologize. lol.

I bid you good day

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Even though the images state that its a molded T-Rex - everywhere. At a glance and the direction we get these images I did mistakenly not recognize it was in fact a T-Rex.

No problem cap'n. When you get a free couple hours you should watch a movie called "Jurassic Park," it might help with some of these mysteries.

#4300 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No problem cap'n. When you get a free couple hours you should watch a movie called "Jurassic Park," it might help with some of these mysteries.

I will be watching JP this weekend to refresh it has been years.. TheLaw

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,827 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/86?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.