IMG_7464.gif
E499FED7-EE7B-4D2B-A798-BA747966BDD9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157.gif
IMG_4309.gif
IMG_4305.gif
IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2131.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 45,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 857 of 914.
#42801 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Rarely! Though got through Boss twice in one game of Sopranos last time I went

Damn! I owned that game for a week “I think” and almost got the boss.

#42802 3 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Well….
Their sales must be enough to where they feel theres no need for extra effort in order to make the company’s bottom line….?

Well, then F them. (JJP)

#42803 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With our luck it will be Matrix 4.

Just say no....

#42804 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But, that said, JJP NEEEDS to show they are dedicated to FINISHING THEIR GAMES with some more code

It's The Matrix, it's ONLY code!

#42805 3 months ago

#42806 3 months ago

Somebody should do Blade Runner.

Matrix is a dead brand.

#42807 3 months ago

John Wick better be on the platter, as it’s still a hot topic. Stern, get on it fast! It’s basically the biggest post-hollywood crash asset atm imo. I bet the licensing is PRICEY though.

#42808 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Matrix is a dead brand.

Blade Runner could be freaking epic.

The images, the sound; it's stunning.

RM

#42810 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Matrix is a dead brand.

Well, so is Jaws

#42811 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Matrix is a dead brand.

Everything past the original Matrix movie that they essentially stole (yes, I know the crazy chick didn't show up in court, but read her stuff, she definitely came up with the ideas) was garbage. They didn't know how to write in the world they stole, so 2 and 3 became boring trope central. The Wachowskis were carpet baggers/opportunists that had little talent of their own where writing was concerned. Visual arts? Yes. Writing? No.

I think there's plenty of interest in a Matrix pin IF it's the original movie. Likewise, a Blade Runner pin would also be welcome IF it's the original movie.
why-not-both.gifwhy-not-both.gif

#42812 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Everything past the original Matrix movie they essentially stole (yes, I know the crazy chick didn't show up in court, but read her stuff, she definitely came up with the ideas) was garbage. The Wachowskis were carpet baggers/opportunists that had little talent of their own where writing was concerned. Visual arts? Yes. Writing? No.
I think there's plenty of interest in a Matrix pin IF it's the original movie. Likewise, a Blade Runner pin would also be welcome IF it's the original movie.[quoted image]

talk about the longest 3 years, waiting in vein for Matrix 2 and 3 ..what a letdown at the theater.. So, I completely agree..never saw the 4th one, because the story ended at the original film (and 2 and 3 sucked..2 was just a longass caddy commercial).

#42813 3 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

talk about the longest 3 years, waiting in vein for Matrix 2 and 3 ..what a letdown at the theater.. So, I completely agree..never saw the 4th one, because the story ended at the original film (and 2 and 3 sucked..2 was just a longass caddy commercial).

Personally I thought the first Matrix sucked too. Never bothered with 2 and 3.

#42814 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Personally I thought the first Matrix sucked too. Never bothered with 2 and 3.

Wow, that's a hot take. At the time it was released, there was nothing like The Matrix. Just came out of nowhere. So many things about it were absolutely fresh, and for me, at least, it holds up for repeat viewing. Also, it's interesting that even though it's very violent, it's not gross. Contrast that with the new trailer for Fallout that completely turned me off with its copious depictions of too-graphic violence (yes, in a violent world).

That said, if you didn't like the original Matrix, you would have absolutely detested the awful, meandering, trope-filled parts 2 and 3.

#42815 3 months ago

Really the only theme that would be insta buy no reason to even see it would be "The Warriors"

#42816 3 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Really the only theme that would be insta buy no reason to even see it would be "The Warriors"

With the gang angle, and quest to get to your home turf, it seems like a natural theme for pinball. So many mode and set piece possibilities. They absolutely would need to have the DJ chick narrating as you progress.

Caaaan yoooou diiiig it?

The Warriors.pngThe Warriors.png
#42817 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that's a hot take. At the time it was released, there was nothing like The Matrix.

It just never clicked with me. Not sure why aside from the million plot holes. The action was good.

#42818 3 months ago

Went to high school in Las Vegas. Our mascot there was we were the Western Warriors. Our whole high school went to the drive in to watch it over and over. Good memories. I am showing my age. Warroirs come out and playay.

#42819 3 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

It's The Matrix, it's ONLY code!

Actually that Stranger Things projection mapping idea (wich also is „only code“ in some way) could work great for that…

#42820 3 months ago

From the same vein of the Jaws generation, I will throw out another Dreyfuss /Spielberg franchise that would make a dazzling light show under glass.
closeencounters (resized).jpgcloseencounters (resized).jpg

#42821 3 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

If the same vein of the Jaws generation, I will throw out another Dreyfuss /Spielberg franchise that would make a dazzling light show under glass.
[quoted image]

The original game was horrible. It would be great to see an updated game with video assets.

#42822 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the gang angle, and quest to get to your home turf, it seems like a natural theme for pinball. So many mode and set piece possibilities. They absolutely would need to have the DJ chick narrating as you progress.
Caaaan yoooou diiiig it?[quoted image]

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.

If you start the game with your warriors at, say 5x each, and you have to protect each of your members to maintain that while trying to get to home turf. Battle encounters where you don't make shots for a particular Warrior's hurryups as they fight reduces their multipliers until they hit 0 for the remainder of the game (you have 1x minimum as the player). So, you could make encounters when you run into other gangs or police or whatever. In a battle, melee is expressed as a series of hurryups. Each hurryup is a warrior member vs enemy encounter, so you can have multiple going at once in a gang encounter. So when you encounter the furies, for example, the warrior hurryup series you finish first, protects that warrior member, preserving their multiplier. If you take too long, their multiplier can get beaten down, and it's persistent, so that's bad. Could be pretty cool. So many possibilities with the license.

#42823 3 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The original game was horrible. It would be great to see an updated game with video assets.

Yeah, it was beyond horrible.

#42824 3 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Try to avoid running into gangs by completing objectives as you move through NYC, trying to keep the warriors gang together while trying get to Coney but if you fail, you run into a gang. And your gang can get separated various ways. Each gang fight involves a soundtrack song and multiball... You get 1 ball per warrior. complete multiball objectives to defeat the gang, add warriors, and stay alive to keep the warriors together All while the DJ call outs navigates you like the movie.. segments on your journey within the city has mini game modes, where you play to collect weapons for your next fight and reunite with missing warriors for the next gang fight. Mystery spots weapons, random modes start add a warriors to the team (virtual locks for next for multiball), etc. Plenty of fun and surprises with this pin.
If you start the game with your warriors at, say 5x each, and you have to protect each of your members to maintain that while trying to get to home turf. Battle encounters where you don't make shots for a particular Warrior's hurryups as they fight reduces their multipliers until they hit 0 for the remainder of the game (you have 1x minimum as the player). So, you could make encounters when you run into other gangs or police or whatever. In a battle, melee is expressed as a series of hurryups. Each hurryup is a warrior member vs enemy encounter, so you can have multiple going at once in a gang encounter. So when you encounter the furies, for example, the warrior hurryup series you finish first, protects that warrior member, preserving their multiplier. If you take too long, their multiplier can get beaten down, and it's persistent, so that's bad. Could be pretty cool. So many possibilities with the license.

Yeah, I was thinking the other day that the topper should be police lights (slim blue light bar and a couple red domes) that go off when the game heats up and the cops are after you. The theme is rife with possibilities.

#42825 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I was thinking the other day that the topper should be police lights (slim blue light bar and a couple red domes) that go off when the game heats up and the cops are after you. The theme is rife with possibilities.

Incorporate some type of toy or target for each gang, Gen for Cyris of course, Bats for the orphans, etc.

Would be the best themed game ever! IMHO

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#42826 3 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Incorporate some type of toy or target for each gang, Gen for Cyris of course, Bats for the orphans, etc.
Would be the best themed game ever! IMHO

Bats would be for the Baseball Furies, orphans would be something that just sits there, like stand-ups. Turnbull AC's = spinners. Punks for ramps. Love the theme!

#42827 3 months ago

Speaking of The Warriors, man 1979 was a helluva year for movies: https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=feature&release_date=1979-01-01,1979-12-31

2 adaptations of Heart of Darkness in one year even!

#42828 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of The Warriors, man 1979 was a helluva year for movies: https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=feature&release_date=1979-01-01,1979-12-31

Looking at the wide variety of great movies that year, it's an indictment of the tentpole strategy and essentially the removal of the mid-budget films from the industry we have now. Mid-budget allowed so many more risks to be taken and whole new sub-genres to be made. With a few rare exceptions, we have almost none of that now.

#42829 3 months ago
Quoted from RikV:

Bats would be for the Baseball Furies, orphans would be something that just sits there, like stand-ups. Turnbull AC's = spinners. Punks for ramps. Love the theme!

Could engineering make a turnstile mech that would actually work? Cranking over when hit with the ball, like a person doing that when entering the subway? Would be pretty cool.

#42830 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Matrix is a dead brand.

Both are like a piece of toast left out over night-very stale

Stern needs to keep going with the success of Godzilla type sales approach. JAWS is already a hot title and it is not even officially announced yet. From the sounds of it looks like it may be another bread winner for Stern 2024. So what does Stern follow up with? I say either Pokemon or King Kong for continued success. Matrix, Blade Runner, John Wick (why not a classic like Mission Impossible?)

#42831 3 months ago

How about some Gravy for the next Stern music pin?

Thick and juicy flossin'

#42832 3 months ago

From the Flip N Out facebook page it says "Watching a movie that will become a pinball machine by the end of 2024." So either it means that if it is Jaws it wont be the next release or Stern has another movie franchise locked down.

#42833 3 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And yet people still think it's worth $2k+ now lol!

#42834 3 months ago

It doesn’t appear Stern will release another game this year for the holidays because they would have announced it already. Too late for Xmas delivery.

#42835 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Matrix is a dead brand.

Tell me you don't have a clue without telling me you don't have a clue.

#42836 3 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

From the Flip N Out facebook page it says "Watching a movie that will become a pinball machine by the end of 2024." So either it means that if it is Jaws it wont be the next release or Stern has another movie franchise locked down.

Die Hard?

#42837 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Everything past the original Matrix movie that they essentially stole (yes, I know the crazy chick didn't show up in court, but read her stuff, she definitely came up with the ideas) was garbage. They didn't know how to write in the world they stole, so 2 and 3 became boring trope central. The Wachowskis were carpet baggers/opportunists that had little talent of their own where writing was concerned. Visual arts? Yes. Writing? No.
I think there's plenty of interest in a Matrix pin IF it's the original movie. Likewise, a Blade Runner pin would also be welcome IF it's the original movie.
[quoted image]

This might be the dumbest thing i've ever read on this board and that's saying something. They made Vendetta, one of the best movies ever. "Carpet baggers". I've really read it all now. Get a grip, man.

#42838 3 months ago

No clue lol. To me its a little weird to phrase it like that "by the end of 2024" if it is Jaws. I read that statement as not this coming release but the one after that is announced later in 2024 to finish up the year.

#42839 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Man that was a crazy good year for movies. Kramer vs Kramer winning best picture is the reason I haven't watched or cared about the Oscars ever since. Looking at that list, I think my desert island Blu-ray would be The Life of Brian. So how about a Monty Python pinball machine!!??

#42840 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Blade Runner could be freaking epic.
The images, the sound; it's stunning.
RM

Yep. Dream theme for me. One of my top 5 movies.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It doesn’t appear Stern will release another game this year for the holidays because they would have announced it already. Too late for Xmas delivery.

I never bought the December announcement, 2 cornerstones all wrapped up.

January we will definitely get a new game though!

#42841 3 months ago
Quoted from theadicts77:This might be the dumbest thing i've ever read on this board and that's saying something. They made Vendetta, one of the best movies ever. "Carpet baggers". I've really read it all now. Get a grip, man.

They didn’t direct Vendetta.

Even if they stole the matrix idea they have to be given credit for the first. Having an idea and executing one successfully are two different things.

The movie never needed a sequel it ended just fine and the prequel is terminator 2 so it should have been left alone.

Blade runner and Dune would be two cool pins.

#42842 3 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Could be watching Fifth Element - BOF next game maybe??

#42843 3 months ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

This might be the dumbest thing i've ever read on this board and that's saying something. They made Vendetta, one of the best movies ever. "Carpet baggers". I've really read it all now. Get a grip, man.

They didn't "make" it. Like The Matrix, they ADAPTED it from someone else's work, in that case a DC comic series. They didn't direct it. But at least with V, it was done legally.

Matrix 2 and 3 were all theirs for both writing AND directing, and they were terrible.

Again, they have ZERO skill writing original material. They can only work in other's plagrounds.

As directors, however, they generally have undeniable skill with a great eye.

#42844 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They didn't "make" it. Like The Matrix, they ADAPTED it from someone else's work, in that case a DC comic series. But at least with V, it was done legally.
Again, they have ZERO skill writing original material. They can only work in other's plagrounds.

Bound? I know you were probably going to be into movies a bit if you had heard of this one before matrix but I talked with many people about that movie before matrix....and they wrote and directed that.

#42845 3 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Bound? I know you were probably going to be into movies a bit if you had heard of this one before matrix but I talked with many people about that movie before matrix....and they wrote and directed that.

Bound is the only one of theirs I have not seen. So asterisk on that one.

#42846 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Caaaan yoooou diiiig it?[quoted image]

I can dig it! I made a thread on this idea long ago. This would be a winner. Great story, soundtrack, speech calls and theme integration are a perfect pinball match.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warriors-pin-idea-1979-film-can-you-dig-it

#42847 3 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Probably Elf.

#42848 3 months ago

"DUNE" s my guess.... 173 wins & 285 nominations (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/awards/) Squeal DUNE II is March 1st 2024

Who is going to make the first RAP pinball machine ....will one ever get made ?

2-Pac
A Tribe Called Quest
Beastie Boys
Cypress Hill
Dr. DRE
Eminem
G-Unit
Jay-Z
Notorious B.I.G.
N.W.A.
Outkast
Snoop Dogg
Wu-Tang Clan

#42849 3 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

"DUNE" s my guess.... 173 wins & 285 nominations (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/awards/) Squeal DUNE II is March 1st 2024
Who is going to make the first RAP pinball machine ....will one ever get made ?
2-Pac
A Tribe Called Quest
Beastie Boys
Cypress Hill
Dr. DRE
Eminem
G-Unit
Jay-Z
Notorious B.I.G.
N.W.A.
Outkast
Snoop Dogg
Wu-Tang Clan

Out of all these, here’s what could actually sell:

Dr. Dre
Eminem
Snoop
Beastie Boys
2pac

Not sure how any of these translate into pins but that’s my take.

#42850 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Out of all these, here’s who could actually sell.

Dr. Dre
Eminem
Snoop
Beastie Boys
2pac

Not sure how any of these translate into pins but that’s my take.

Snoop has to have a hidden Martha Stewart wizard mode of some sort!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
There are 45,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 857 of 914.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/857 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.