Pinbot.. (resized).jpg
Pinbot. (resized).jpg
BOPB (resized).jpg
Bart (resized).jpg
lXhuw-g3oqgeyejevdmar3cwzxeskx (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 45,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 856 of 912.
#42751 3 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

"Where's Olivia?"

Do you dare to go to Xanadu?

#42752 3 months ago

Xanadu and grease. Side by side pins!

#42753 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's some B grade lip syncing there!

#42754 3 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pinball is a hobby where you still can feel young!
Like with Sharks:
I'm 44 years old. The movie was shot 5 years before I was born, and as with most things that are way older then yourself, you often don't care.
...Well that and the fact that such a movie wasn't shown in TV before my bedtime. (Like Laurel & Hardy and the three Stooges beeing way older but regulary shown in the kids program.) So I saw my parents watching it and caught a very small glimpse of a fake Shark and people smoking (didn't like that since my parents were heavy smokers), so for me sharks immediatly fell in the category "for my parents aka old people".
Not wanting to offend anyone but I think it's funny that pinball occasionally comes up with themes I consider myself too young for.

I think we would all like to see newer themes.

SADLY - Outside of music I can't think of many great modern themes outside of Marvel. Movies themes like Star Wars, Top Gun, Jurassic Park and Jaws don't exist anymore. Hollywood is dead.

I guess F&F could be done LOL.

#42755 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey, I listen to Rush's Xanadu all the time. So, in that sense, it's already got a pin.

#42756 3 months ago

A Garbage Pail Kids pin would be fun. Get that Topps guy on it.

IMG_1731 (resized).jpegIMG_1731 (resized).jpegIMG_1732 (resized).jpegIMG_1732 (resized).jpeg
#42757 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern pumping out 25k pinball machines in 2024 at $7k to $25k each is like an auto manufacturer plant but without robots. At an average sales price of $10k, that’s $250M. That makes Stern a large manufacturer, regardless of industry and a 1000 pound Gorilla.

Stern doesn't get the 10k per. That's the retail price but wholesale to distributors is less. We don't know by how much but rumors have been between $1k to $2.5k under. (Not that that invalidates your point, just lessens it slightly. Actually then Stern makes about that much on toppers anyway...)

#42758 3 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Stern doesn't get the 10k per. That's the retail price but wholesale to distributors is less. We don't know by how much but rumors have been between $1k to $2.5k under. (Not that that invalidates your point, just lessens it slightly. Actually then Stern makes about that much on toppers anyway...)

Wonder if Gary ever built a tube from their factory to a local bank vault? That way Gary could flush it up the bank’s bum and into his Stern account, thus avoiding the daily round trips by car. Seth Davis has plans on testing a subscription service that would link gameplay to Owner accounts. Anything, to avoid daily drives to the durn bank.

#42759 3 months ago

Does anyone know if there will be any drops at Pincinatti for anything

#42760 3 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Does anyone know if there will be any drops at Pincinatti for anything

Stern doesn't tend to drop news on new pins at pinball shows. HOWEVER... Scooby Doo by Spooky was announced at Pincinatti last year.

#42761 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Man ...Olivia was the greatest.

#42762 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'll call you with a Hall and Oates, plus they are in the news right now! [quoted image]

Bandmates always love to sue each other.
I can't go for that...

#42763 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

SADLY - Outside of music I can't think of many great modern themes outside of Marvel. Movies themes like Star Wars, Top Gun, Jurassic Park and Jaws don't exist anymore. Hollywood is dead.

What about a Call of Duty or some type of shooter based video game style where you rank of and use progression (Venom Style) to build upon your character. Could have all sorts of missions on the play (battle) field and toys. (Tanks, subs, bunkers, paratroopers, nukes, jets etc) If that's too violent for Stern, what about a sci-fi shooter like Halo, Half Life, Doom or an adventure franchise like Uncharted or The Last of Us. I think there is so much untapped potential in those markets...

#42764 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You joke, but I would totally buy it. It's a movie I point to as one of my guilty pleasures I cannot rationalize and just go with.
It's an objectively bad movie, but the cheese has a more fragrant bouquet with age, I think. And talk about a time capsule - it has Gene Kelly, The Tubes, ELO (Jeff Lynne), and some great ELO/ONJ songs (title song, Magic, etc). If people freaked out over the lighting on the Tron LE pin, they would lose their minds over the faux neon lighting elements all over a Xanadu pin.
I mean, the whole movie is weird (ly great) - it has a fully animated (by Don Bluth, no less!) song in the middle of the movie for no obvious reason!

This is my wife’s favorite song. I won’t change the channel anytime it’s playing, cuz, you know, that’d be rude

#42765 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Maybe a Xanadu/The Warriors mashup pin?

With the popping and locking dudes in that video it looks like Michael Beck dragged some of his rival gang co-stars from The Warriors into that Xanadu final number.

#42766 3 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What about a Call of Duty or some type of shooter based video game style where you rank of and use progression (Venom Style) to build upon your character. Could have all sorts of missions on the play (battle) field and toys. (Tanks, subs, bunkers, paratroopers, nukes, jets etc) If that's too violent for Stern, what about a sci-fi shooter like Halo, Half Life, Doom or an adventure franchise like Uncharted or The Last of Us. I think there is so much untapped potential in those markets...

Agree but there seems to be a strong resistance to do gaming themes of any kind for some reason.

Maybe they were so bad in the 80s/90s (Street Fighter, Mario etc) no one wants to go there lol.

#42767 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

The Ben Gardner boat scene was the only part of the movie shot in a studio tank.

I disagree; Hooper in the cage dealing with Jaws up close was also shot in a tank, and probably numerous other minor images, too.

#42768 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I disagree; Hooper in the cage dealing with Jaws up close was also shot in a tank, and probably numerous other minor images, too.

And there I was, thinking it was all real!

#42769 3 months ago

Mad Max / Furiosa pin please.

#42770 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

There are still movies that impress me deeply, but for that they have to be either totally different… or comforting in some weird way.
„Different“ most easily found if you look internationally and „weirdly comforting“ for me was a Movie like „Kate“, beeing a very straightforward kinda 80sish revenge action flic wich just ends… Somehow it‘s simlicity impressed me. XD (Definately 100% subjective.)

It doesn‘t always need to be Hollywood and I hope after Godzilla they‘re willing to take a step in that direction again.

#42771 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

I’m not sure I agree about a lack of modern themes. Maybe we just don’t want these modern themes to be pinball machines. It mixes eras: new theme on an old hobby like pinball. Pokémon, Hunger Games, Dragon Ball Z, and FIFA are all modern themes but I doubt the Pinside community wants to see them made.

#42772 3 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

There are still movies that impress me deeply, but for that they have to be either totally different… or comforting in some weird way.
„Different“ most easily found if you look internationally and „weirdly comforting“ for me was a Movie like „Kate“, beeing a very straightforward kinda 80sish revenge action flic wich just ends… Somehow it‘s simlicity impressed me. XD (Definately 100% subjective.)
It doesn‘t always need to be Hollywood and I hope after Godzilla they‘re willing to take a step in that direction again.

If people in the US don't recognize it, it's not happening. Just a fact of life. Stranger Things was absolutely perfect, sadly a rare bird in the 2010s and 20s. Netflix may be the best bet for another pin theme someday.

Quoted from greenstreet:

I’m not sure I agree about a lack of modern themes. Maybe we just don’t want these modern themes to be pinball machines. It mixes eras: new theme on an old hobby like pinball. Pokémon, Hunger Games, Dragon Ball Z, and FIFA are all modern themes but I doubt the Pinside community wants to see them made.

I agree lots of modern themes but they don't hit the pinball demographic. Pokémon is probably the best bet.

Other option is to start building a new pinball demographic but that's tuff.

#42773 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If people in the US don't recognize it, it's not happening. Just a fact of life. Stranger Things was absolutely perfect, sadly a rare bird in the 2010s and 20s. Netflix may be the best bet for another pin theme someday.

I agree lots of modern themes but they don't hit the pinball demographic. Pokémon is probably the best bet.
Other option is to start building a new pinball demographic but that's tuff.

I feel like Everything Everywhere All At Once could make a cool game with code if they battles across dimensions. But not sure even though it won best picture if it’s popular enough to bring in casuals.

#42774 3 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Mad Max / Furiosa pin please.

The Mad Max Fury Road homebrew is looking very nice:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/witness-mad-max-fury-road-homebrew

#42775 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I thought that was a scale cage with a scale actor fighting small sharks?

I dunno. Been 30+ years since I read that book.

#42776 3 months ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

A Garbage Pail Kids pin would be fun. Get that Topps guy on it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fucking bones, Powell/peralta too!!

#42777 3 months ago

Gutsy hobby,

Your memory is still sharp mr Heck.

Screenshot_20231202_140935_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231202_140935_Google (resized).jpg

#42778 3 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I feel like Everything Everywhere All At Once could make a cool game with code if they battles across dimensions. But not sure even though it won best picture if it’s popular enough to bring in casuals.

Could also reuse the dildo mech from Bond

#42779 3 months ago

Hows about a Cobra Kai pin to coincide with the release of the 6th and final season? Pinball for guys who like pinball. Seriously can we get a kick ass theme or nah?

5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228_135738_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230228_135738_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230401_112740_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230401_112740_Google (resized).jpgcobra-kai-wallpaper-ixpap-8 (resized).jpgcobra-kai-wallpaper-ixpap-8 (resized).jpgthumb-1920-1099961 (resized).jpgthumb-1920-1099961 (resized).jpgwp8324923 (resized).jpgwp8324923 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637047177714 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637047177714 (resized).jpg
#42780 3 months ago

Ok

kickass-fight.gifkickass-fight.gif
#42781 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Could also reuse the dildo mech from Bond

What’s up blueberry!

#42782 3 months ago

You still rocking Jerry’s pizza…

#42783 3 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Gutsy hobby,

Your memory is still sharp mr Heck.
[quoted image]

That was an amazing little film *thanks for sharing!, and that woman was even more amazing..what a pioneer into the study and understanding of white sharks, and I'll tell you She has more balls than I do..unless I spent my whole life dedicated to these beautiful creatures...(I was a scuba diver back in the day, but nothing like this at all). EDITORIAL..Pretty fucking sad what we've done to our oceans (and forests, etc)

#42784 3 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

If people in the US don't recognize it, it's not happening. Just a fact of life. Stranger Things was absolutely perfect, sadly a rare bird in the 2010s and 20s. Netflix may be the best bet for another pin theme someday

I was just referring to movies.
And there we are not generating cult classics like there used to be.

The thing is that streaming profits from episodic content, so Stranger Things, GoT, Mando are things are way better (in many ways) then what we had in the 80s.

Focus is shifting.

#42785 89 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ok [quoted image]

I would definitely consider a Kick Ass pinball. Such a classic movie!

#42786 89 days ago

No blurry 70s satellite pics of Jaws pin ??

Comon leaks!

#42787 89 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Pokémon is probably the best bet

Agreed.

Another one from a somewhat similar genre (cards) would be Magic: The Gathering. This is a very popular genre within the demographics that Stern needs to pull into the pinball hobby.

#42788 89 days ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

You still rocking Jerry’s pizza…

Rarely! Though got through Boss twice in one game of Sopranos last time I went

#42789 89 days ago

So is everyone OK with this being a generic shark hunting theme without movie assets or actors?

It worked for Stern JP but I dunno, Jaws is actually a real, character driven film compared to JP. It's also easier when there's many varieties of dinos to catch vs a movie where 3 very different men chased 1 shark.

#42790 89 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

So is everyone OK with this being a generic shark hunting theme without movie assets or actors?
It worked for Stern JP but I dunno, Jaws is actually a real, character driven film compared to JP. It's also easier when there's many varieties of dinos to catch vs a movie where 3 very different men chased 1 shark.

According to Kaneda there are movie assets and the actors in the artwork as well.

#42791 89 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

According to Kaneda there are movie assets and the actors in the artwork as well.

Oh that's good! Always heard this was a licensing hell, the default is a "lunchbox license" with just the shark, boat and "Jaws"

#42792 89 days ago

Any possibility Stern makes The Matrix?

#42793 89 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Assets would be best. If not and the game layout, shot geometry, code and mechanical integration is great it will work for me.

#42794 89 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

They made Rush

#42795 89 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Rumor is JJP has Matrix

#42796 89 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

Rumor is JJP has Matrix

With our luck it will be Matrix 4.

#42797 89 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

Rumor is JJP has Matrix

I certainly hope so!

#42798 89 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With our luck it will be Matrix 4.

That’s what I was thinking. I hope I’m wrong. Is Matrix next in line according to rumors?

#42799 89 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That’s what I was thinking. I hope I’m wrong. Is Matrix next in line according to rumors?

I feel like it could be Mark Sieden's first JJP, unless he's working with Eric for his first.

But, that said, JJP NEEEDS to show they are dedicated to FINISHING THEIR GAMES with some more code and polish for PotC, GnR, and Godfather before I even think about another one. Their inexplicably suddenly lame code support for most of their recent pins is really killing the resale values of their machines. It's crazy because their support of WoZ and Hobbit was stellar.

#42800 89 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel like it could be Mark Sieden's first JJP, unless he's working with Eric for his first.
But, that said, JJP NEEEDS to show they are dedicated to FINISHING THEIR GAMES with some more code and polish for PotC, GnR, and Godfather before I even think about another one. Their inexplicably suddenly lame code support for most of their recent pins is really killing the resale values of their machines. It's crazy because their support of WoZ and Hobbit was stellar.

Well….
Their sales must be enough to where they feel theres no need for extra effort in order to make the company’s bottom line….?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Sparta, NJ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 45,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 856 of 912.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/856 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.