Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,858 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 938.
#4151 4 years ago

Calling it now. Sometime in the next 2 years there will be a Deadpool Home Edition.

#4152 4 years ago

I'm wondering if this doesn't turn into something akin to the autographed KISS LE fiasco
200 made available, and 196 were still available for sale, right up until they pulled the listing from the kiss webstore site

I get that they are attempting to extend their market share by trying new and different things, but the price gap doesn't seem to be large enough between this and a "real" used SW pro

their target audience is definitely NOT anyone with ANY previous knowledge of pinball

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

their target audience is definitely NOT anyone with ANY previous knowledge of pinball

No shit...we all already knewm that so I don't know why everyone repeats it 1000 times.

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

It's not that I'm all upset that this game exists. It's more that I was kind of lead to believe I was going to see a proper Stern release. The marketing at Stern makes weird decisions. Nobody outside of pinside knew about the reveal. 346 viewers at the peak of reaveal. This was something only pinball lovers followed and were mostly let down. I still think we will see a proper cornerstone soon but Stern needs to rethink their market approach. If anything the IGN announcement of Black Knight should have been how this was marketed and Black Knight should have had the YouTube countdown for the existing pinball fans. I would say this game will appeal more to the IGN crowd than the pinside crowd

#4155 4 years ago

How long until we see this Star Wars Home Pin re-themed as the next private label one-off game?

#4156 4 years ago

The home edition Star Wars isn’t a bad idea theoretically but the problem is that the price is WAY TOO HIGH; $4500 for a flippin’ home edition pin? C’mon Stern, you guys know better than that. I think $1999.95 is a better price for a home edition pin, but even then, you could buy a used commercial pin for the same amount or less.

#4157 4 years ago
Quoted from tankpinball:

The home edition Star Wars isn’t a bad idea theoretically but the problem is that the price is WAY TOO HIGH; $4500 for a flippin’ home edition pin? C’mon Stern, you guys know better than that. I think $1999.95 is a better price for a home edition pin, but even then, you could buy a used commercial pin for the same amount or less.

Agreed completely. The price difference between this and a full-fledged PRO model machine is way too tight to make this downgrade compelling at all...

#4158 4 years ago

So the next cornerstone pin will be announced next week or the week after next... I’m good with that.

#4159 4 years ago

Announcing during shark week?hmmmm

#4160 4 years ago

The cab has a ton of screws and it looks like you could build it yourself similar to Arcade1up.

pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#4161 4 years ago

There's that marketingspeak again: "We release vault editions, private label machines, comic editions, reruns and home models in addition to our 3 cornerstone machines a year. When you look at the total amount of titles, variations and themes released in a year, its (sic) actually much more than 3!"

So 3 + more > 3. Wow. First sentence of the two by itself would have been a perfect response. Who writes this stuff? The Department of Redundancy Department?

#4162 4 years ago

So we already have Munsters and BKSoR this year. One more cornerstone is Elvira 3 in October....is there really going to be another game in between? Elvira is not a KaPow game or some "private label" situation, right?

#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The cab has a ton of screws and it looks like you could build it yourself similar to Arcade1up.

Dont give garry ideas please

#4164 4 years ago

So let’s get back on track. Black night was released on March 26th. Just went back in history and looked it up on their FB page. stern released a statement today that said every 90-120 days they release a cornerstone pin. If you do the math July 26th is exactly 120 days away from last release of a “cornerstone pin” also it was mentioned “2 weeks” a week or so ago. This lines up perfectly. I would still expect a new game prior to end of July. Anyone else agree with this logic?

02A0E576-8963-48A5-975C-DCC51401CA51 (resized).png02A0E576-8963-48A5-975C-DCC51401CA51 (resized).png
#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Elvira is not a KaPow game or some "private label" situation, right?

There are mixed opinions here on Pinside as to whether Elvira 3 is a cornerstone game or not.

#4166 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Dont give garry ideas please

Looks like IKEA cabinet...

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

There are mixed opinions here on Pinside as to whether Elvira 3 is a cornerstone game or not.

It is not a cornerstone game.

#4168 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm thinking about colored nuts.

That is not the preferred nomenclature. But you are German and may not be up to date on the English vernacular.

#4169 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Looks like IKEA cabinet...

Nope the IKEA cabinet is for the cornerstone games. I heard the home edition cabs were built by Five Below.

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from tankpinball:

That is the one big hurdle which must be overcome with these "home" versions. The problem is, there is probably no way that the MSRP can simply downscale linearly with reduced BOM and game complexity because that alone has a negligible effect at reducing the R&D/engineering/raw materials/externalities costs compared with a coin-op machine. A $1995 MSRP would definitely be the sweet spot for something like this, but I don't think that is possible if the games are manufactured in the U.S. (especially in a location like Chicago, which probably has a higher externalities burden than many other locations owing to the COL and tax/regulatory climate).

If you want the game for $1995, you would have to be OK with the "Made in USA" sticker being replaced with "Made in Cambodia/Vietnam/Thailand" and be OK with the human and environmental consequences that would likely result.

Quoted from Toppers:

So let’s get back on track. Black night was released on March 26th. Just went back in history and looked it up on their FB page. stern released a statement today that said every 90-120 days they release a cornerstone pin. If you do the math July 26th is exactly 120 days away from last release of a “cornerstone pin” also it was mentioned “2 weeks” a week or so ago. This lines up perfectly. I would still expect a new game prior to end of July. Anyone else agree with this logic?[quoted image]

Yep, this lines up with my rough estimate too. I think Stern simply likes to keep people guessing and throw out a few surprises from time to time, which is fun to me but doesn't seem to play well with some of the more OCD among us!

#4171 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

How do they define "cornerstone " game? I think a third Elvira that is done well will sell as well as pretty much anything else. People on here go nuts just because a game looks pretty (ex:magic girl) without any other reason to think it's a good game. And we can pretty much guarantee that an Elvira pin drawn by Greg Freres is gonna look good .

#4172 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

How do they define "cornerstone " game?

See Stern announcement below. Supposedly cornerstones are 3-tier games with pro/premium/LE versions.
If Elvira 3 is not a cornerstone, then no stripped down pro model will be offered (only premium or higher).
Stern (resized).jpgStern (resized).jpg

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

See Stern announcement below. Supposedly cornerstones are 3-tier games with pro/premium/LE versions.
If Elvira 3 is not a cornerstone, then no stripped down pro model will be offered (only premium or higher).
[quoted image]

Thanks, Thats interesting. I wonder why that would be the case for E3? I guess they realize that if you're in on Elvira, you're all the way in.

#4174 4 years ago

Or its a more focused group that would be interested in the game (not the general public), so you go premium/LE.

Quoted from Honch:

Thanks, Thats interesting. I wonder why that would be the case for E3? I guess they realize that if you're in on Elvira, you're all the way in.

#4175 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Or its a more focused group that would be interested in the game (not the general public), so you go premium/LE.

I get that and I agree. If I get one it would have to be premium grade at a bare minimum.

#4176 4 years ago

Is home game also driven by the Spike 2 system?

#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I believe it is a Spike 3 system

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The cab has a ton of screws and it looks like you could build it yourself similar to Arcade1up.[quoted image]

Is this the final cabinet? They did say the three out there are prototypes.

#4179 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So let’s get back on track. Black night was released on March 26th. Just went back in history and looked it up on their FB page. stern released a statement today that said every 90-120 days they release a cornerstone pin. If you do the math July 26th is exactly 120 days away from last release of a “cornerstone pin” also it was mentioned “2 weeks” a week or so ago. This lines up perfectly. I would still expect a new game prior to end of July. Anyone else agree with this logic?[quoted image]

July 24th is the deadline, according to the Stern message (March 26th + 120 days)

#4180 4 years ago

Big let down. I thought you could still get the avengers "The pin". I guess that ship sailed. I played the pin at CES when they had it down there years ago. The play was great, but the savings shows up in the missing 100 lbs.. The game feels cheap only because it's light and the ridiculous DMD. At least this one has some screen on it..

#4181 4 years ago

The only letdown is that we were promised a most "excellent" game...

Well, Jack Danger was kind of apologetic of people here feeling letdown and as well strongly hinted to the next couple of days for a regular game reveal in the stream.

Bill & Ted? Propably not but JD wished for us to talk Gary into 3 licenses and B&T was not one of them, so...

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The cab has a ton of screws and it looks like you could build it yourself similar to Arcade1up.[quoted image]

14 screws = a ton! I've told you a million times to not exaggerate

#4183 4 years ago

Seems DOA at that price point.

#4184 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

July 24th is the deadline, according to the Stern message (March 26th + 120 days)

120 days "on average"

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Jack Danger said Spike 2 system on stream-

#4186 4 years ago

How do we know the next title isnt a Kapow Title by Keith Elwin and Elvira is the 3rd corner stone game?

#4187 4 years ago

Star Wars™ Pin™
Star Wars™ Pin™
Stern Pinball’s Star Wars™ Pin™ is a new stylish, affordable and fun pinball machine designed and engineered for the home. Stern’s new Star Wars™ Pin™ immerses players in the dynamic Star Wars™ galaxy. The Pin™ is packed with features that provide players with an irresistible game experience including select speech and footage from the original Star Wars™ trilogy, color-changing playfield inserts, a custom sculpted Death Star, and a custom sculpted and interactive TIE fighter.
The easy to setup Star Wars™ Pin™ is built to last and engineered with genuine Stern commercial-quality parts. The playfield is housed in a stylish cabinet with dynamic, high definition artwork. The all-LED playfield lighting provides optimal color and brilliant light shows.
“The Star Wars™ Pin™ is designed to provide quality family entertainment and bring pinball fun to homes everywhere,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. “We are pleased to bring these pinball machines celebrating the Star Wars™ galaxy and adventures to our fans.”
Complementing the immersive theme and exciting gameplay experience, Stern Pinball’s powerful SPIKE™ electronics hardware system enables high-definition graphics and innovative animations. SPIKE™ reduces system complexity and energy usage, resulting in enhanced reliability and simplified servicing.

MSRP $4,499

#4188 4 years ago

MSRP of $4,499 NO WAY.

I love to support pinball but this is crazy.. And will probably drive the price of Pros up^^^^ Not good.

#4189 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I believe it is a Spike 3 system

Thanks. I figured that they would be using the same hardware.

#4190 4 years ago

I'm hoping for Jaws during upcoming shark week.

#4191 4 years ago

Nice thing about Stern is the next pin reveal is always just around the corner. I haven't been in love with every theme that they have released but always glad that we don't have to wait too long for the next.

#4192 4 years ago

How about Top Gun as a title next year? Past due (no, F14 & Golden Wings don't count) and timing is good with the announcement of the sequel movie coming next summer.

#4193 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

How do we know the next title isnt a Kapow Title by Keith Elwin and Elvira is the 3rd corner stone game?

In loserkid’s latest podcast, they interviewed Mr. Elwin. He says he’s been working for over a year on his latest title and expects it to be well received. Pretty sure it’s the next cornerstone and will probably hit in a week or so.
Iron Maiden is probably the best playing pin from anybody that’s come out in decades. Maybe, someday, it will get the Archer vault edition that it deserves.

#4194 4 years ago

In Elwin we trust!!

#4195 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In Elwin we trust!!

If he can come close to duplicating the fun of Maiden with his next one, I'll get on that train with you.

#4197 4 years ago

No. Wood panel backbox. Original games. Probably for an network event / promo.

#4198 4 years ago

I saw that too. Sure looks like Bruce Campbell on the side cabinet art but I could be wrong.

#4199 4 years ago

I can see not a lot of Love for Stern right now with this Home Pin thingy.
Gomez has said a new pin right around the corner......if it turns out to be Jaws, everyone will be kissing their ass again.
Until they find out at least the big rubber shark bouncing on a spring in the middle of the playfield is more fake than the one in Jaws 3

89B501EC-1254-463F-9BEC-587F9EF6E364 (resized).png89B501EC-1254-463F-9BEC-587F9EF6E364 (resized).png
#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

MSRP of $4,499 NO WAY.
I love to support pinball but this is crazy.. And will probably drive the price of Pros up^^^^ Not good.

Nah, Avengers Pro & Transformers Pro still aint worth shit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,858 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/84?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.