Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 938.
#4001 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a bit embarrassing but I would be so in on Grease.

I'm just going to put this out there...but there is an edit button on the lower right hand side of your post. It is shaped like a pencil.

#4002 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Stern distributors were told yesterday it is a Star Wars home edition. Why won't anyone believe this?

Which distributor posted this info?

#4003 4 years ago

Maybe we will finally see the topper as well, they did say they will reveal it with a formal announcement.

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Which distributor posted this info?

No distributor would post this information unless they wanted to face the risk of having their distributorship (is that a word?) pulled by Stern. They've shared the information verbally with some of their customers.

#4005 4 years ago

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stern-pinball-returns-to-san-diego-comic-con-international-2019-with-a-new-pinball-game-release-and-much-more-300884225.html?fbclid=IwAR1NWPUMeOA5l-nHgw1Oo-U36Zr1Qq8guZqkflGx6-VikuPq9rXAuhkiHtM

Original:
https://sternpinball.com/2019/07/15/stern-pinball-at-san-diego-comic-con-international-2019/

"CHICAGO and SAN DIEGO, July 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, announced today its return to San Diego Comic-Con International as both an exhibitor and a third-year partner of this massive event. Stern Pinball is slated to have its biggest Comic-Con presence to date with the unveiling of a new game, limited edition show exclusives, a live music show, and the return of the popular Pinball Lounge at the Marriott Marquis."

"Attendees can find Stern Pinball with promo partners Nuclear Blast America and Rebellion Republic at booth #501 in Hall A of the San Diego Convention Center."

That SW booth may have NOTHING to do with the game coming either, as they have ~20 other companies in the SW booth, just to have SW gear to show case, like otterbox, Arcade 1up etc. So maybe just a sw game(s) will be in there. Maybe a SW home game, which would be a great move.

#4006 4 years ago

I’m in for Grease also.
4CEFA099-BDBE-4619-AB13-EE003C8BCCB0 (resized).png4CEFA099-BDBE-4619-AB13-EE003C8BCCB0 (resized).png

#4007 4 years ago

Star Wars home edition...I can believe it...

#4008 4 years ago

Does it come with a topper?

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

yes, but the topper will not be available until 2022 (and will have to be redesigned because it'll end up being c-3po, cast in silver with a gold leg

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

sure does...

jar44 (resized).jpgjar44 (resized).jpg
#4011 4 years ago

Looks like Stern wants a piece of home market
from Arcade 1 as they are bringing out their
new SW retro game next year I believe.

#4012 4 years ago

Time to get the worlds most epic "Bogus" Meme prepared and ready!

#4013 4 years ago

Hope you are wrong guys

#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

While Jack Danger mentioning the reveal of an "excellent" game is propably just the continuation of his own running gag, kinda announcing Star Wars Home as an excellent game would set his credibility on one level with Kaneda.

Srsly, if that ruckus is for a home edition (wich until now won't even ship overseas anyway) I'd be really pissed...

#4015 4 years ago

I'd love Grease, been saying that forever.
Good modes:

Back to School
Summer Lovin
Pep Rally
Hopelessly Devoted
Dance Off
Thunder Road
Graduation

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Whoa whoa whoa...
If there's no Greased Lightning mode how are the chicks gonna cream?!!?

#4017 4 years ago

SW home edition would be a major bummer...

#4018 4 years ago

Yes indeed I was throwing that into Thunder Road mode.

#4019 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

It is star wars home edition. It makes sense and why they are making the announcement at comicon.

I think that would make more sense to announce at Disney's own "Con" (D23) which takes place in late August: https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019/

#4020 4 years ago

SW mini pin.

WTF Who buys these

#4021 4 years ago

It's confirmed SW Home edition.

#4022 4 years ago

SW Home and potentially Jurassic Park/World...

Man, what a great year for pinball releases!!!..........if we were in the year 1993.

#4023 4 years ago

Did someone say grease?

GREASE (resized).pngGREASE (resized).png
#4024 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hotcake (resized).jpgHotcake (resized).jpg
#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I re-watched it recently and couldn't get over how poorly it aged. It's pretty rapey. I love musicals but the sun is setting on that one.
On that note, they could totally get away with a Hamilton themed pin.

#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

SW home edition would be a major bummer...

alas, prep the bums for bumming.

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

SW mini pin.
WTF Who buys these

Mini pins have their own thread this-a-way, but I digress... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mini-pins-whos-got-em-nudge-it-bell-ringer-bullseye-etc-etc

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

That would be pretty awesome, they could keep it topical and include a "Take Over the Airports" wizard mode. Of course you'd want to wait until they make the inevitable Hamilton Musical: The Movie before putting them out.

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

SW mini pin.
WTF Who buys these

If it's really, really "mini" (use the spare Munsters lower playfield parts) I'd suddenly be interrested.
(Since I could place another machine in my collection, in the kids room! )

But mini does not equal easier in manufacturing, therefore not exponentially cheaper.

#4030 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

alas, prep the bums for bumming.

I'm bummed.

#4031 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If it's really, really "mini" (use the spare Munsters lower playfield parts) I'd suddenly be interrested.
(Since I could place another machine in my collection, in the kids room! )
But mini does not equal easier in manufacturing, therefore not exponentially cheaper.

That would be epic!

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

May I sue you if my machine has no power switch under the cab?

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

...And for those waiting to learn aboot the new title at Comic-Con ... prepare to be disappointed."

no, but the last line is guaranteed.

Would you describe your reaction as disappointed?

#4033 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I re-watched it recently and couldn't get over how poorly it aged. It's pretty rapey. I love musicals but the sun is setting on that one.

Dofasco and Tigercats? Not what you meant?

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Jar Jar Binks Home Edition. LOL (if you can at the mere thought of it.)

Meesa tinks it gonna stinks.

#4035 4 years ago

Who, what, where and when is the pin info released tomorrow.

#4036 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

So it is? Did I miss it? Also no chance of Jurassic so just this stupid home pin?

#4037 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

What the hell does rapey mean?

#4038 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So it is? Did I miss it? Also no chance of Jurassic so just this stupid home pin?

A bird told me it is SW mini pin. It made me sick.

Hopefully it wrong but there’s no way he is wrong.

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It's how people describe the stuff that used to be acceptable in entertainment but due to changes in social acceptance are now terrible.

Like how in the end of Sixteen Candles the nerd trades a passed out drunk girl for some underwear and has sex with her and she doesn't remember.

Or in revenge of the nerds when they plant cameras in a sorority house to observe them naked, or wear a costume and pose as someone else to have sex with the hot chick without her consent -- it's fine, she liked it.

Or in Grease's case ... "tell me more, tell me more did she put up a fight"

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from epthegeek:

It's how people describe the stuff that used to be acceptable in entertainment but due to changes in social acceptance are now terrible.
Like how in the end of Sixteen Candles the nerd trades a passed out drunk girl for some underwear and has sex with her and she doesn't remember.
Or in revenge of the nerds when they plant cameras in a sorority house to observe them naked, or wear a costume and pose as someone else to have sex with the hot chick without her consent -- it's fine, she liked it.

... and in Pinball it applies to shots that are repeatable. When hit enough, a high score will result or a match win. I hate all casual references to or uses of the term.

#4041 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You forgot Weird Science. We just make Hot chicks.

#4042 4 years ago

Lol can a Mod just step in now and put the kibosh on all things “rapey”. I’d really like to focus on how more gimped a SW Pro can possibly be...

#4043 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Announcement coming soon for SW, sadly no Jurassic

#4044 4 years ago

What a disappointment. A used Star Wars pro is 4200-4500, there is literally no reason for anyone to consider a Star Wars home version.

#4045 4 years ago

Maybe it will be a Darth Vader edition

#4046 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

... and it applies to shots that are repeatable. When hit enough a high score will result or match win. I hate all casual references to or uses of the term.

The comment was in relation to the movie Grease, not pinball shots.

#4047 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Announcement coming soon for SW, sadly no Jurassic

A weak “excuse me” is heard from back of room. Man walks forward with his hand in the air as he continues to speak with a quivering voice, “what about a topper? SW home model costs $4k, does it come with a topper? You see, no topper is a deal breaker. Star Wars has tons of toys to use” He stamps his feet and shouts - I’M OUT! as he tears out of the room with the middle finger raised on both hands aka the double bird. ~ fin

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

What a disappointment. A used Star Wars pro is 4200-4500, there is literally no reason for anyone to consider a Star Wars home version.

Star Wars Pro HUO prices seem to be hovering between $4800 - $5200. Maybe the rumored "The Pin" Star Wars game will be in the $3k range. Not sure how much more they could strip that game down though...

#4049 4 years ago

Edit: pics doing the rounds are not of Sterns release, roll on Thursday!

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Did someone say grease?[quoted image]

I'm confused. Are these men actors from the film? Such outfits!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Northwood, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/81?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.