20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 942.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I hope its a re-theme of Pabst Blue Ribbon into Colt 45 with Billy Dee Williams on the translite.
This is a way better use of Lando Calrissian than a Star Wars home version.[quoted image]

My distributorship sold Colt 45 many moons ago. Somewhere in the very early eighties they introduced the biggest flop in beer history with “ Cool Colt” .....menthol/ mint flavored. They forced shipped us 2000 cases. We literally ended up taking all 2000 cases to the landfill after it went outdated in our warehouse.

#3952 4 years ago

Whatever it is, 98% chance Pinside will be disappointed after letting imaginations run wild for 3 days.

#3953 4 years ago

"It's gonna be a most excellent game"

Stranger Things would be most excellent for me.

#3954 4 years ago

It will be a brilliant strategy on many levels if it is in fact Star Wars home edition. A $3900 table for newbies would put up a huge challenge to Deeproot and anyone else trying to do pinball would almost call it quits with Stern marketing. A four tier system:

3.9k Home Edition - for newbies to introduce to pinball (we like this, so what else does Stern make?)
5.5k Pro - for Arcades & locations
7.5k Premium - for home owners
9k Limited Edition - for collectors

This would be a killer strategy for Stern to continue its dominance and grow the market. Real top popular IPs sold to people that know nothing about pinball. Not the no name IPs being considered or done by others. Winner strategy if this is the case. Will be good for us pinheads as well. Now if we can get Stern to focus on more and unique mechs...

(Come on Stern haters, give this a down vote, you know you want to...lol)

#3955 4 years ago

Just been told by an insider that 'Grease' is the word.

#3956 4 years ago

I'm thinking about colored nuts.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It will be a brilliant strategy on many levels if it is in fact Star Wars home edition. A $3900 table for newbies would put up a huge challenge to Deeproot and anyone else trying to do pinball would almost call it quits with Stern marketing. A four tier system:
3.9k Home Edition - for newbies to introduce to pinball (we like this, so what else does Stern make?)
5.5k Pro - for Arcades & locations
7.5k Premium - for home owners
9k Limited Edition - for collectors
This would be a killer strategy for Stern to continue its dominance and grow the market. Real top popular IPs sold to people that know nothing about pinball. Not the no name IPs being considered or done by others. Winner strategy if this is the case. Will be good for us pinheads as well. Now if we can get Stern to focus on more and unique mechs...
(Come on Stern haters, give this a down vote, you know you want to...lol)

Except so far the home model just doesn't sell.

$4000 is a crazy amount for a big toy.

$5500 gets a proper arcade pinball machine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

It’s a bit embarrassing but I would be so in on Grease.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

I mean it aligns with themes that were once popular a few decades ago. But if it really was grease, why would they announce it at comic con?

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from Tucks:

maybe they´ve designed a new lube for pinball machines?

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

maybe they´ve designed a new lube for pinball machines?

This would make sense. They send it to you before you write the check for your new NIB game.

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Whatever it is, 98% chance Pinside will be disappointed after letting imaginations run wild for 3 days.

Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination

Damn wrong manufacture.

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

If it's Bill & Ted I want an elevator ball lock that pops out of the playfield.
Thats the only thing for any of those games that I wish for.

I don't need Keanus voice either, get me that Dude from the JM pinball.

#3964 4 years ago

did I hear someone state that the reveal is for a hot topic boutique themed machine?

with modes revolving around: posers, wannabes, the misfits (more than just a t-shirt brand), and the trend of the week

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I wonder which mech they'll recycle from the past as the phone booth... maybe the xfiles filing cabinet, dr evil/iron monger mech (which is my bet) or the elevator in Aerosmith redone as a phone booth.

#3966 4 years ago

Got GOTv? Prepare to learn the GOT is being vaulted with one important upgrade. After learning about the physical enhancement for BKSoR could we expect less? No -> so Gary has instructed the factory to move the power button off the head of Spike and Spike2 games and to redirect them to the prior location on the bottom of the cabinet. Said Gary Stern,"We've lost sales to people unable to turn on our machines for the past four years ... friggin idiots!. Now that our engineers have solved the mystery of the sphinx, they can move the power switch back to it's rightful spot. I'm hoping this adds 20% to Stern's bottom line and last night at the bar I figured it will surge worldwide power demand by 1/2%. And for those waiting to learn aboot the new title at Comic-Con ... prepare to be disappointed."

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This would make sense. They send it to you before you write the check for your new NIB game.

They already do I said it years ago.
ky-edition (resized).jpgky-edition (resized).jpg

#3968 4 years ago

The Stern booth is physically inside the Star Wars both at Comic Con. https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2019/exhibitors

My money is 100% of Stern Star Wars now... presumably the rumored home edition.

STERn (resized).pngSTERn (resized).png
#3969 4 years ago

booooooooooooooooo

#3970 4 years ago

on figuring things out 22 hours early satan. Now double or nothing on what will be removed.

#3971 4 years ago

Man I guess Stern knows their market better then me. I see this as a huge fail. But, I guess I’m wrong. It would explain the lack of leaks, pics, etc., of some new theme.

#3972 4 years ago

Oh no... "Last Jedi home Edition"??

#3973 4 years ago

Not many leaks since Franchi is on the outs. At least we know games they are not doing (Superman, Beetlejuice)

#3974 4 years ago

Quoted from HarrieD:

Did some digging around. Judge for yourself but I guess it's a decoy.[quoted image][quoted image]

Harrie the detective!

So star wars it is

#3975 4 years ago

I'm betting it's Jurassic Park.

#3976 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Man I guess Stern knows their market better then me. I see this as a huge fail. But, I guess I’m wrong. It would explain the lack of leaks, pics, etc., of some new theme.

Eh. Stern knows we will all find out about a new game immediately. They're trying to find people who forget pinball exists, is fun, and can be purchased for a home. Comic Con seems like a good place to hawk expensive toys to adults with expendable income.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Eh. Stern knows we will all find out about a new game immediately. They're trying to find people who forget pinball exists, is fun, and can be purchased for a home. Comic Con seems like a good place to hawk expensive toys to adults with expendable income.

Having a 3 day reveal youtube countdown is not targeted at the casual / non pinball person. That part of the marketing campaign was a total fail. I actually think Stern is just trolling us with it.

#3978 4 years ago

My only issue with showing people "the pin" is that people that forgot pinball exists or have never seen pinball will think "the pin" is the current state of pinball, which its not. That would be sad.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My only issue with showing people "the pin" is that people that forgot pinball exists or have never seen pinball will think "the pin" is the current state of pinball, which its not. That would be sad.

Well, they do have an entire room of real pinballs at SDCC.

Over at the Marriott Marquis and Marina, Stern will again be hosting the Pinball Lounge, a place to relax and see some of Stern’s newest machines. Free Play will be offered from 10am – 7pm on Thursday – Saturday and 10am and 2pm on Sunday. If you are looking for a little competition, try your skills 7pm – 9pm Thursday – Saturday or 2pm – 4pm on Sunday to qualify. The four top scoring players will compete in the finals, held each day immediately after tournament play ends. Each finalist will walk away with prizes.

Also in the Pinball Lounge, Twitch pinball superstar, Jack Danger (AKA Dead Flip), will be live streaming all week. Come down to cheer him on or tune in from home.

#3980 4 years ago

Also, slightly confusing press release.

If you fancy yourself a pinball wizard, get thee to the Stern Pinball booth, #501 for a new game unveiling, exclusives and more.

Stern Pinball will be exhibiting with Nuclear Blast Records and Rebellion Republic at booth #501 where you’ll be able to pick up the soundtrack for Black Knight: Sword of Rage Pinball Machine exclusively on baby blue vinyl featuring 12 original tracks from the hit game. Only 100 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive records will be available for $20 each

That is not the Star Wars booth. Nowhere near it. Perhaps they'll have the Star Wars pin there too.

#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Also, slightly confusing press release.

That is not the Star Wars booth. Nowhere near it. Perhaps they'll have the Star Wars pin there too.

Good catch, it looks like 2913 is a bunch of exhibitors with Star Wars related crap

#3982 4 years ago

Could it be a new limited Darth Vader / Sith / Jedi / name your variant edition of the existing SW Premium pin with new artwork all over, including playfield. Stern's done it before........

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Got GOTv? Prepare to learn the GOT is being vaulted with one important upgrade. After learning about the physical enhancement for BKSoR could we expect less? No -> so Gary has instructed the factory to move the power button off the head of Spike and Spike2 games and to redirect them to the prior location on the bottom of the cabinet. Said Gary Stern,"We've lost sales to people unable to turn on our machines for the past four years ... friggin idiots!. Now that our engineers have solved mystery of the sphinx, they can move the power switch back to it's rightful spot. I'm hoping this adds 20% to Stern's bottom line and last night at the bar I figured it will surge worldwide power demand by 1/2%. And for those waiting to learn aboot the new title at Comic-Con ... prepare to be disappointed."

May I sue you if my machine has no power switch under the cab?

#3984 4 years ago

This SW speculation sound like bull crap to me. It will be a new pin.

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Could it be a new limited Darth Vader / Sith / Jedi / name your variant edition of the existing SW Premium pin with new artwork all over, including playfield. Stern's done it before........

Jar Jar Binks Home Edition. LOL (if you can at the mere thought of it.)

#3986 4 years ago

This is ridiculous. Everyone take a chill pill. All they did was announce a reveal. Hang it up Sherlock. Looking forward to actual information.

#3987 4 years ago

So... assuming it's Star Wars and it's a Home based pin at $4000 instead of $5300... I think Stern may be able to do well with this. Lets see what the could take off to reduce price and still have the same gameplay.

Lose the coin door, mechs, ability to add shaker: -$200
Lose the mini screen, button in center of lockdown bar, ability to lift playfield: -$200
Shorten the backbox (boards will easily fit), replace translite with plastic: -$200
Drastically cut quality on cabinet (no longer commercial: -$200
Save on limited programming, layout, art, and design costs: -$500

Assuming the layout of where the pinball actually travels... that could actually work and give them the same margins for the "home edition" as the pros.

Assuming Stern just sold as many of these as they did their commercial units, this would be a financial success for them.

I hate it as a pin enthusiast, but am glad the manufacturers could potentially have another income stream to keep the lights on and hopefully give us better machines with more pins being manufactured helping cover fixed costs of manufacturing.

#3988 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This SW speculation sound like bull crap to me. It will be a new pin.

Well, Stern gave distributors this info so that would seem unlikely.

Not to say there won't be another announcement with a 'proper' pin soon

#3989 4 years ago

It is star wars home edition. It makes sense and why they are making the announcement at comicon.

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Oh no... "Last Jedi home Edition"??

they need to cram all of those Last Jedi toys that didn't sell somewhere right?

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

SNARF

#3992 4 years ago

it's on ebay already - it's called cosmic carnival - see link - thanks ed

ebay.com link: NEW Cosmic Carnival Pinball Machine Dirty Donny Suncoast Pinball

#3993 4 years ago

Stern distributors were told yesterday it is a Star Wars home edition. Why won't anyone believe this?

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Stern distributors were told yesterday it is a Star Wars home edition. Why won't anyone believe this?

While Jack Danger mentioning the reveal of an "excellent" game is propably just the continuation of his own running gag, kinda announcing Star Wars Home as an excellent game would set his credibility on one level with Kaneda.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Well, they do have an entire room of real pinballs at SDCC.

That's actually not Sterns doing. Its our local distributor OC pinball, Evans company. He does it every year and offers demos a nice discount. Thats over at the Marriott hotel. I guess Stern also has the Hard rock rented out at SDCC for another event.

#3996 4 years ago

When I first saw SW pro I thought it was already a home edition.

#3997 4 years ago

If Stern make big money with home based editions, they will do more and more of those shit.
So then we have no longer 3 or 4 real pins a year ( including Vault editions).
Then we have only 2 new real pins a year and then in the future maybe only one.
They only want to make money and if they sell this shit with bigger profit, they produce more and more of it on their production lines. And have less space and time and interest on producing real pins.
Money and profit is their only interest.
Hope I'm not right and hope they make more profit with the real stuff. And hope these rumors aren't true and we see a real JW or Elvira 3 or Stranger Things or Jaws or whatever.

#3998 4 years ago

The Stern booth (2913) is beside the Hasbro booth, Hasbro is who is making all the Jurassic Park/World toys? Coincidence?...Maybe, maybe not. Haha probably has nothing to do with one another, but id be pumped to see a JW pin. Im just excited to see what the stream will offer us tomorrow.

#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

it's on ebay already - it's called cosmic carnival - see link - thanks ed
ebay.com link » New Cosmic Carnival Pinball Machine Dirty Donny Suncoast Pinball

That's not even the same company.

#4000 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Called my distro yesterday, and that's exactly what he said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
6,495 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/80?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.