20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 942.
#351 7 years ago

When you think about it, ACDC was the true perfect band for a pinball machine. The worldwide appeal is still amazing, there are little or no "slow songs" and the are so many indelible Angus Young anthems to work with. Not to mention the bell sound from Hells Bells still gives me shivers to this day. Could be the most satisfying lower flipper shot ever in pinball.

Metallica worked out very well as a theme too for a lot of the same reasons. At this point I think other rock themes aside from maybe Led Zep won't work out as well and won't have the universal recognition and/or ability to sell machines. That said, I want to see the following all with Zombie Yeti art:

Jimi Hendrix
Led Zep
Pink Floyd

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

What's next, Lawrence Welk?

Sure, they can put a bubbler machine in the back box.

#353 7 years ago

Should be a great hit for a pin.

LTG : )

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How do you explain KISS getting done? They are older than Bon Jovi.

Well....please allow me to retort...
Pulp Fiction would be an awesome theme.....so many good call outs could be used if it were done.

Aerosmith is older than Bon Jovi and so is AC/DC. Bon Jovi had some hits but I don't see the fan base or appeal and doubt it would sell too many.

Kiss was a no brainer.....they have been a marketing machine since the 70's. They have put the Kiss brand on more products than ANY band and possibly any licensed theme......Kiss bowling ball, coffin, even urinal cakes to promote the show Family Jewels LOL!!! Kiss has millions of fans worldwide and they are they are an ARMY and not just fans....there are die hard collectors of Kiss memorabilia/merchandise. I have seen some amazing collections and it's a hobby no different than collecting pins.

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Aerosmith? Bon Jovi? What's next, Lawrence Welk?

Lawrence Welk would be better than Aerosmith or Bon Jovi. I have the translite already. Potential for some great art and even better music, I'm in for Champagne Music LE.

lawrence-welk_(5)_(resized).jpglawrence-welk_(5)_(resized).jpg

#356 7 years ago

Aerosmith and it will have 80 percent complete code.

#357 7 years ago

Would like to see a PRINCE pinball. Or Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#358 7 years ago

Stern can have Aerosmith. My dream machine is a Beatles game done by JJP. Magical Mystery Tour Multiball, anyone?

#359 7 years ago

What happened to the rumors of a Jurassic Park theme'd game this year? Have we decided it's not happening yet and it's down to Star Wars or Aerosmith next?

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happened to the rumors of a Jurassic Park theme'd game this year? Have we decided it's not happening yet and it's down to Star Wars or Aerosmith next?

Yeah, I remember before KISS people were throwing Jurassic World around....or was it Game of Thrones? Either way, it seemed like a solid rumour and then dropped off.

#361 7 years ago

They should just a make an "80's one-hit wonders" pin. Plenty of songs to choose from, plenty of variety, matching demographics.

#362 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#363 7 years ago

I just saw on Facebook they will have Adam west at their Friday night 30th anniversary party. Hmm batman 66 anyone! Who else would he be there.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I just saw on Facebook they will have Adam west at their Friday night 30th anniversary party. Hmm batman 66 anyone! Who else would he be there.

QQl6vuJ_(resized).pngQQl6vuJ_(resized).png

#365 7 years ago

Batman 66 is a pinball I would like to see made. i would plop money down for that. Thought Stern would have produced a Disney "Frozen" pin .. I'd rather see a Prince pinball over Aerosmith. VanHalen would be cool too..

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Batman 66 is a pinball I would like to see made. i would plop money down for that. Thought Stern would have produced a Disney "Frozen" pin .. I'd rather see a Prince pinball over Aerosmith. VanHalen would be cool too..

What art work could you possibly use for Van Halen lol? Album covers? David Lee Roths ass less chaps?

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Aerosmith is old and so is AC/DC.

Quoted from Roostking:

What art work could you possibly use for Van Halen lol? Album covers? David Lee Roths ass less chaps?

By the time they release and finish the code, Roth will probably look like this.

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

I'm going with Lawrence Welk.

#368 7 years ago

Thats too funny.. Ok No VanHalen then.
Lawrence Welk you serious? hes from my home state.. hes popular in my area. so maybe his pin would be a big seller.

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Lawrence Welk you serious?

Sure why not. He stayed relevant a lot longer than all the rest of the old man bands considered.

#370 7 years ago

you have a point there. i looked it up his show ran for 30 yrs.

#371 7 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Batman 66 is a pinball I would like to see made. i would plop money down for that.

I think I would buy one as well. The music alone would bring back great memories. But what would they put in that useless spinning canister and how would they relate the crane toy to Batman 66?

1 week later
#372 7 years ago

Aerosmith in the Fall and Star Wars in March 2017 based on episodes 4,5 and 6.

Set in stone?

#373 7 years ago

This is too funny. You guys are talking about nogstalga and in the Aerosmith thread two guys are saying that's no reason to buy a game and stern is dying.

#374 7 years ago

If Stern is doing Aerosmith with color display and top talent, it would be cool if they also did a retheme with a more modern band. Just change out the art, songs, and animations. Same for a new Star Wars pin. One based on the original trilogy and another based on the new movies.

#375 7 years ago

pirates vault coming soon

#376 7 years ago

aerosmith is set in stone

#377 7 years ago

Apparently,we will also have a batman 66 as well!!

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

aerosmith is set in stone

Shoot! I was hoping they would do a Rushmore pin first.

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

#379 7 years ago

a small town girl
Livin' in a lonely world

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on, and on, and on

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would not be opposed to a Bon Jovi machine. He's got enough good songs for one. Living on a Prayer would be great on a machine with a bunch of people singing along.

Will it have the power to turn back time?

#381 7 years ago

Do you think SW is coming one day (next year)?

#382 7 years ago

Hi, another question about Disney that has bought Lucasfilm for 4MM$.
which % is going to Disney on each derivate product? One of my friend is Talking about 20%. Is it correct or not?
Thanks

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If Stern is doing Aerosmith with color display and top talent, it would be cool if they also did a retheme with a more modern band. Just change out the art, songs, and animations. Same for a new Star Wars pin.

I would not want a reskin of any of the previous Star Wars pins. I need this to be an original layout since I'm interested in buying one.

Quoted from jawjaw:

new Star Wars pin. One based on the original trilogy and another based on the new movies.

That is what I am hearing what will happen, though the one for the new movies is about 4 years out.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do you think SW is coming one day (next year)?

March 2017 reveal around Texas Pinball Festival time.

#385 7 years ago

04mind04_(resized).jpg04mind04_(resized).jpg

#386 7 years ago

vid1900, I think you are right that it will happen. 2016-08-21_14_29_47-pumkinhead_-_Yahoo_Search_Results_Yahoo_Search_Results_-_Internet_Explorer_(resized).png2016-08-21_14_29_47-pumkinhead_-_Yahoo_Search_Results_Yahoo_Search_Results_-_Internet_Explorer_(resized).png

#387 7 years ago

Unless this music pin comes first.......

Doyle_(resized).jpgDoyle_(resized).jpg

#388 7 years ago

March 2017 reveal around Texas Pinball Festival time.

Ok this would be the annoncement of the pin If i well understand u. So when would it be built according to you?

Thanks

#389 7 years ago

Ok this would be the annoncement of the pin

No. Only Stern makes official announcements.

So when would it be built according to you?

Just follow GB production and you can tell how they should roll out.
One month after a game announcement, Pros start shipping. Roughly, 2 months later, LE's start shipping. 3-5 months premiums start shipping, and who knows when pros could start up again.

#390 7 years ago

I still think they should do a Def Leppard pin, and as you play through their career, you have to switch over to foot pedal control of the flippers. Seriously.

#391 7 years ago

Whatever band they choose - their music isn't enough to get them over the line. It has to have an associated 'story' with it. Characters and themes Stern can exploit and work with. Maiden is in front by a mile here. Existing artwork, a broad range of adventurous stories themes, times and worlds. Led Zep, Aerosmith etc is bollocks I reckon. Won't happen. Even if you aren't t a fan of Iron Maiden, as a business person you'd go with the theme that was going to bring in $.

#392 7 years ago

Just follow GB production and you can tell how they should roll out.
One month after a game announcement, Pros start shipping. Roughly, 2 months later, LE's start shipping. 3-5 months premiums start shipping, and who knows when pros could start up again.

More like... One month after game announcement, Pros start shipping, playfields start ghosting, photos appear on Pinside, Pinside debates whether Stern is serious, flashinstinct designs a "Fix My Playfield" T-shirt, 2 months later, LEs start shipping, more photos appear, KPG goes Perez Hilton on Stern, Gary gives KPG a reach-around, and Trent wakes up in a ditch with a knot on his head.

#393 7 years ago

So....first it was Aerosmith with new display for Pinball Expo...and now it's Batman '66....or is it both? or has Aerosmith dropped off the radar? All these questions need answering. lol.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So....first it was Aerosmith with new display for Pinball Expo...and now it's Batman '66....or is it both? or has Aerosmith dropped off the radar? All these questions need answering. lol.

I forgot the 2 days that the pinball community thought there was a full-sized Slayer pinball up next...

#395 7 years ago

So, what's it going to be... Jaws or Aerosmith?

deadlymovies_harry (resized).jpgdeadlymovies_harry (resized).jpg

3762d9e9d44b90f6a5e88d04d99c089a (resized).jpg3762d9e9d44b90f6a5e88d04d99c089a (resized).jpg

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So, what's it going to be... Jaws or Aerosmith?

The Shallows is better than either of those....although Tyler's tits are probably bigger that Blake's

shallowsmovie (resized).jpgshallowsmovie (resized).jpg

blake shark (resized).jpgblake shark (resized).jpg

#397 7 years ago

Just go with Van Halen and young Dave.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#398 7 years ago

Maybe they should consider doing "The Deep" instead.

bd6b6d67d12ecd691803c24e349d22f9 (resized).jpgbd6b6d67d12ecd691803c24e349d22f9 (resized).jpg

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Whatever band they choose - their music isn't enough to get them over the line. It has to have an associated 'story' with it. Characters and themes Stern can exploit and work with. Maiden is in front by a mile here. Existing artwork, a broad range of adventurous stories themes, times and worlds. Led Zep, Aerosmith etc is bollocks I reckon. Won't happen. Even if you aren't t a fan of Iron Maiden, as a business person you'd go with the theme that was going to bring in $.

I hope for Maiden and a few others someday but without DMD. I hope they add more call outs to any music pin made and agree with story line besides just the music.

#400 7 years ago

How about a (GBR) Ghost Busters Remake? You know one with a good playfield and without all of the other problems that they obviously didnt check for before selling them to the public?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.