20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 942.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

And a home addition pan mixed in .

Quoted from littlecammi:

Cake, skillet or frying?

pan, knuckle or shovel...

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Cake, skillet or frying?

Haaa! I am going to leave it that way .

#3906 4 years ago

Breaking News:

Okay I have a somewhat inside source here is what I'm hearing.

Stern has been releasing three games a year, and they're already at two this year with Black Knight and Munsters. That means there is only one more game coming from them. You will see that game in October and it will be Elvira 3. So the breaking news if what I'm being told is true is there will be no JW or Stranger Things. This makes sense because there is no reason what so ever to push out J World because the move came out a year ago now, and the next one isn't out until 2021. Common sense would tell you, would be nice to hitch a ride on that train.

I think you're going to see Elvira in October at Chicago, then in the winter you'll see Stranger Things.

Here is what I learned, in the old days, a pinball company only had one line, they made one game, today Stern makes multiple games. Currently they have everything from Beatles, Deadpool, Black Knight, Munsters, Guardians, Batman, Star Trek, Star Wars all these games on the line. They have orders from all these games and their lines are tied up until late summer, September. They're a business about making money not new pinball games every few weeks.

Lastly, a lot of these places that have bought games, honestly they're running out of room to take on more games, there is already a lot to choose from. If Stern started making 4 or 5 new games a year they're doing nothing but cannibalizing themselves, they know the market.

So here is the bottom line Stern is probably not going to be releasing a new title until October when you'll see Elvira. Use some common sense here... are they really going to release a game here in August then turn around 2 months later and release Elvira.

I doubt it.

So we can pretty much stop going nuts and just look towards October for Elvira 3. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that is what I've learned. I would probably bet my life on it that if you don't see Elvira then it will be Stranger Things both make sense for an October release.

I will say however I'm scratching my head somewhat... who planned these titles to release in this order? Munsters old 60's horror/comedy tv show, Black Knight an old 90's game with a gothic theme, and then Elvira another 80's comedy horror title. Where is the straight up comedy mixed it or adventure movie or something? Odd it would go down like this.

Maybe somewhere between they announce a vault like putting another game into production like Tron, but that won't be anything new. I think the next new game will be in October Elvira 3.

#3907 4 years ago

Well that explains the prepare to be disappointed posts

But why the hyped announcement type news at comic-con for a big ‘coming soon’ pitch?!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Breaking News:
Stern has been releasing three games a year, and they're already at two this year with Black Knight and Munsters. That means there is only one more game coming from them. You will see that game in October and it will be Elvira 3. So the breaking news if what I'm being told is true is there will be no JW or Stranger Things. This makes sense because there is no reason what so ever to push out J World because the move came out a year ago now, and the next one isn't out until 2021. Common sense would tell you, would be nice to hitch a ride on that train.
I think you're going to see Elvira in October at Chicago, then in the winter you'll see Stranger Things.
Here is what I learned, in the old days, a pinball company only had one line, they made one game, today Stern makes multiple games. Currently they have everything from Beatles, Deadpool, Black Knight, Munsters, Guardians, Batman, Star Trek, Star Wars all these games on the line. They have orders from all these games and their lines are tied up until late summer, September. They're a business about making money not new pinball games every few weeks.
Lastly, a lot of these places that have bought games, honestly they're running out of room to take on more games, there is already a lot to choose from. If Stern started making 4 or 5 new games a year they're doing nothing but cannibalizing themselves, they know the market.
So here is the bottom line Stern is probably not going to be releasing a new title until October when you'll see Elvira. Use some common sense here... are they really going to release a game here in August then turn around 2 months later and release Elvira.
I doubt it.
So we can pretty much stop going nuts and just look towards October for Elvira 3. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that is what I've learned.

Only thing I would add is they have been doing 3 cornerstones and 1-2 special makes whether it be a Kapow title or Primus, Supreme, home edition here and there etc...

Could it be some special run? A vault?

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

But why the big announcement type news at comic-con for a big coming soon pitch?!

Star Wars is probably the biggest title for comic book fans, and the game is directed at home users. Makes sense now!

#3910 4 years ago

Your source should read Stern's press release announcing the unveiling of the next pin at the SD event.

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could it be some special run? A vault?

I did add that to my comments, that you might see another game added to their list of production like Tron vault. The prices of Tron have gone thru the roof so yeah I think you might see a Tron thrown into the production. I don't think Black Knight is selling very well, so they could easily let Tron share some line time with Black Knight.

I would probably bet you will see a vault announcement between now and October. But a new game not until October.

#3912 4 years ago

Good reasoning here @drfrightner, but Stern literally has announced that they are releasing a new game.

#3913 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Your source should read Stern's press release announcing the unveiling of the next pin at the SD event.

It's not going to be a cornerstone pin.

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Good reasoning here drfrightner, but Stern literally has announced that they are releasing a new game...

A TRON vault may be a new game, right? In certain contexts.

#3915 4 years ago

I hope its jaws but prob a vault

#3916 4 years ago

This sounds so reasonable, but I don't want to believe it. I am curious that nothing has leaked about a new theme, so it just adds to that logic.

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

This sounds so reasonable, but I don't want to believe it. I am curious that nothing has leaked about a new theme, so it just adds to that logic.

here's what you should believe.

it's jurassic

Question is......

park or world?
I hope park. Day 1 if so. DAY 1

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's jurassic
Question is......
park or world?

100%

#3919 4 years ago

GoT Vault? Series finale, new code, etc. If it ever happens now's the time... update the art catch the last GoT buzz...

In the Deadflip code update stream, when anyone asked Dwight about it being rereleased, he made a comment or two along the lines of "I can't speak about the rerelease...", rather than saying "I'm not sure if theres a rerelease" which could be read as it is happening he just wasn't allowed to talk about specifics.

Would make sense for a ComicCon audience too

#3920 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Breaking News:
I doubt it.
So we can pretty much stop going nuts and just look towards October for Elvira 3. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that is what I've learned. I would probably bet my life on it that if you don't see Elvira then it will be Stranger Things both make sense for an October release.
I will say however I'm scratching my head somewhat... who planned these titles to release in this order? Munsters old 60's horror/comedy tv show, Black Knight an old 90's game with a gothic theme, and then Elvira another 80's comedy horror title. Where is the straight up comedy mixed it or adventure movie or something? Odd it would go down like this.
Maybe somewhere between they announce a vault like putting another game into production like Tron, but that won't be anything new. I think the next new game will be in October Elvira 3.

Wasnt Munsters Dec 2018?

#3921 4 years ago

its MASH

#3922 4 years ago

Can't wait to see what they announce. Will be fun to come back to these predictions afterwards and see who has the good sources

#3923 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

GoT Vault? Series finale, new code, etc. If it ever happens now's the time... update the art catch the last GoT buzz...
In the Deadflip code update stream, when anyone asked Dwight about it being rereleased, he made a comment or two along the lines of "I can't speak about the rerelease...", rather than saying "I'm not sure if theres a rerelease" which could be read as it is happening he just wasn't allowed to talk about specifics.
Would make sense for a ComicCon audience too

Where have you been? It’s already been said they are making a small run of GOT pins this year. No changes other the new code.

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Can't wait to see what they announce. Will be fun to come back to these predictions afterwards and see who has the good sources

I have been doing that for a few years.. I think the best sources are predicting Jurassic (something).

Like you say, we will see!

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Good reasoning here drfrightner, but Stern literally has announced that they are releasing a new game.

if you look at font where it says “PREMIERE” it looks somewhat GOT like. slightly disappointed as i feel this is too soon to vault this game. or could it be a cornerstone? hoping for cornerstone but only time will tell. also, i’ve been hearing stuff about a star wars home edition and can anyone confirm?

MJR

#3926 4 years ago

So apparently the Jaws license is just for the shark I think they should do a Sharknado pin instead

#3927 4 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

So apparently the Jaws license is just for the shark I think they should do a Sharknado pin instead

How could it be just for the Shark? I guess you mean the name and the a Shark but nothing else from the movie? Also when it comes to licensing people should really be clear that Stern is only willing to pay for a limited license.

#3928 4 years ago

I have no doubt Bill and Ted will be coming to a pinball in the near future and am very excited about it, but not very likely the one on Thursday.

#3929 4 years ago

Holy crap. 13hrs away. 120+ posts plus another 120+ in the other Stern release thread. I thought we got a bombshell dropped but it's just a bunch of other guys as overly excited as myself lol
At least I'm not alone

#3930 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Holy crap. 13hrs away. 120+ posts plus another 120+ in the other Stern release thread. I thought we got a bombshell dropped but it's just a bunch of other guys as overly excited as myself lol
At least I'm not alone

Hot topic today.

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hot topic today.

Drop it like its hot, a hot topic!

Seems the home game thing died quickly, thank whatever lord you serve!

#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:Breaking News:
I doubt it.

Hey Einstein, Elvira isn't a cornerstone pin. It will be a pricey, botique style pin, ala Batman '66.

This July reveal will be the third cornerstone pin.

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hey Einstein, Elvira isn't a cornerstone pin. It will be a pricey, botique style pin, ala Batman '66.
This July reveal will be the third cornerstone pin.

If Frightener had a nickel for every time he got called Einstein sarcastically, maybe he could afford a TBL!

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

At least I'm not alone

And a lot of downvotes. Beware.

#3935 4 years ago

You may be right. The Jurassic World ride just opened to. For whatever that’s worth...

http://www.trulydisturbing.com/2019/07/12/jurassic-world-the-ride-is-now-open-at-universal-studios-hollywood/

#3936 4 years ago

I heard it's My Little Pony?

#3937 4 years ago

I'm still holding out for the Backstreet Boys pin that I've been hearing about.

#3938 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Breaking News:
I doubt it.

Stern makes 3 Cornerstone titles (Pro/Premium/LE) a year.

Elvira is no Cornerstone title.

Additionally Munsters may not count for 2019.

#3939 4 years ago

Yep, still at least one more 'Cornerstone' release to go this year and its is not Elvira.

#3940 4 years ago

I’ve got a bad feeling about this...

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern makes 3 Cornerstone titles (Pro/Premium/LE) a year.
Elvira is no Cornerstone title.
Additionally Munsters may not count for 2019.

How do you know? Serious question, as you post seemingly fact. How do you know?

#3942 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I heard it's My Little Pony?

No. It's Bronies!

I have a reliable source that tells me a new title in San Diego this week.

#3943 4 years ago

I hope its a re-theme of Pabst Blue Ribbon into Colt 45 with Billy Dee Williams on the translite.
This is a way better use of Lando Calrissian than a Star Wars home version.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#3944 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No. It's Bronies!

CLOPPERS!!!

#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How do you know? Serious question, as you post seemingly fact. How do you know?

What of those?

Regarding Elvira I don't "know".
But it's not a regular Stern as development goes. Them sitting there announcing the game way early, to contract design, to being on hold because there were no free ressources because of the current cornerstones...
That as well as Nordman teasing the machines mechs, translating to "no compromise" more than indicate to a not Cornerstone but "Whoa Nellie/ Batman 66" kind of game.

Additionally there just was BK and Munsters wich were Cornerstones abd kinda fill the same gaps, with one being funny Horror and the other one a Classic Pinball license. Can't imagine a third game in a year catered to the same Cornerstone audience.

I of course may be wrong, but my guess is 10 times more educated than drfrighteners (who just got a got of his facts wrong).

#3946 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I hope its a re-theme of Pabst Blue Ribbon into Colt 45 with Billy Dee Williams on the translite.
This is a way better use of Lando Calrissian than a Star Wars home version.[quoted image]

Only in a perfect world would we be this much blessed.

#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

it's jurassic
Question is......
park or world?

It's Jurassic, but not at the Comic-Con announcement. Jurassic is coming soon.

#3948 4 years ago

Did some digging around. Judge for yourself but I guess it's a decoy.

sdcc2 (resized).JPGsdcc2 (resized).JPGsdcc1 (resized).JPGsdcc1 (resized).JPG
#3949 4 years ago

Maybe the Star Wars Topper gets his own booth?

#3950 4 years ago

Stern does Bill and Ted
Better get the Ticket for this Big Pig track.

Most awesome 80's corny track so perfect for pinball.

Grab the right sound bites and Wow !

Be Excellent to each other !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.