Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 924.
#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Star Wars Home Edition apparently.

If true, this would nicely explain why there have been no leaks on the release of this title before now. No one would be excited for this... at least not this community. If it makes Stern money so they can keep making machines for us, more power to them.

#3852 4 years ago

It is Jurassic.

#3854 4 years ago

Wait what's this about a bogus SW now.

#3855 4 years ago

I thought the home edition pins were huge flops? Didn't the iron man and batman home editions end up selling at Costco? In my industry, when you end up having to sell to Costco its because you have too much inventory that you couldn't sell through your normal channels

#3856 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Excellent News!

In the amount of? LOL

$1,000!

#3857 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think if the home thing is true, then they launch at Comic Con and then Elwin's game is shown off in another week. Or they do two games at once

I'm not sure they have the ability to run SWHE, GOT, Munsters and another game at the same time.

How many machines come off the production line in a day?

#3858 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I thought the home edition pins were huge flops? Didn't the iron man and batman home editions end up selling at Costco? In my industry, when you end up having to sell to Costco its because you have too much inventory that you couldn't sell through your normal channels

I think the whole point of a home pin is not to sell to the same people through the same channels but to sell to new people through new channels

#3859 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'm not sure they have the ability to run SWHE, GOT, Munsters and another game at the same time.
How many machines come off the production line in a day?

Can't Stern crank out 50-100 games a day with 2 lines running? I'm sure Stern knows how to quickly re-tool the line. GOT Pro was only going to be a run of 100 games, so they can bang those out within a week. How many Munsters are people really ordering...

#3860 4 years ago

If they want the home editions to work they should market them at places like CostCo, Target etc and time the release with the Christmas holiday.

#3861 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I would agree with you, but there is some logic and analysis to my prediction and some circumstantial evidence that BKSOR was released early to give time for a cornerstone before Elvira.
~ Announcement dates and/or start of clubs
BatMan66- 8/29/2016
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
That comes out to an average of 134 days between announcements. If we use BKSOR as the anchor for the last announcement, that would put us at 6 August. Tuesday seems like a bad day to do it, so I am predicting they back it up a week and release on 31 July//2 August... +/- 1 week and I am guessing the earlier of the dates.
You will note that BKSOR was release after a much shorter development cycle than the others... 2 to 3 months earlier. Depending on how you want to look at it, that was either based on poor Munsters sales, or a desire to squeeze another pin out before an October Elvira release. We have a confirmed Elvira release from Elvira herself, so I am guessing the short time between Munsters and BKSOR was due to the need to squeeze another cornerstone out.
Fingers crossed for Bryan Eddy... we love your other games and can't wait to see what you put out this time.

Okay okay... if I count the Beatles as a full release then that would bring the average down from 134 days to 117 days. That would put us at Saturday July 20th, with a teaser stream on the 24th of July and a reveal and IGN article on 26 July. This would still fall within +/- 1 week of the original estimate.

We shall see.

Start pinching your pennies and start your Jurassic Park restorations!

Well... the predicted day of July 20th was only 2 days off... too bad I said week after instead of week before. Still have fingers crossed for Jurassic Park!

#3862 4 years ago

Well... the predicted day of July 20th was only 2 days off... too bad I said week after instead of week before. Still have fingers crossed for Jurassic Park!

It is Jurassic.

#3863 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Can't Stern crank out 50-100 games a day with 2 lines running? I'm sure Stern knows how to quickly re-tool the line. GOT Pro was only going to be a run of 100 games, so they can bang those out within a week. How many Munsters are people really ordering...

Can only speak for my own 'felt' observations locally but about everyone that got a Munsters Pro around here sold/ is trying to sell it allready... with thousand bucks loss I might add.
I think NIB retail for this game is dead allready. -> Only talking about the Pro.

#3864 4 years ago

Star Wars Home Edition... WTF.

#3865 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It is Jurassic.

You say JW. Others say Star Wars home. Is it both?

#3866 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Can only speak for my own 'felt' observations locally but about everyone that got a Munsters Pro around here sold/ is trying to sell it allready... with thousand bucks loss I might add.
I think NIB retail for this game is dead allready. -> Only talking about the Pro.

My Pro is staying right here. Great game for all ages,

#3867 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

no

#3868 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It would at least show they're understanding how to do home releases better.

#3869 4 years ago

Star Wars Home would probably just be a rehash of the other home games, but I'd kinda curious what Elwin could cook up for a home edition. Iron Maiden Pro really doesn't have that much in it, so I bet Elwin could probably come up with a few fun shots and complimentary modes on a tiny budget. (Then again, don't put your best new designer on the product that will probably sell half of what a full arcade game could do)

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Star Wars Home would probably just be a rehash of the other home games, but I'd kinda curious what Elwin could cook up for a home edition. Iron Maiden Pro really doesn't have that much in it, so I bet Elwin could probably come up with a few fun shots and complimentary modes on a tiny budget. (Then again, don't put your best new designer on the product that will probably sell half of what a full arcade game could do)

No way in hell will Elwin have anything to do with this!!!!!

#3871 4 years ago

Whoever redesigned SPiderman for Spiderman Home probably redesigned Star Wars for Star Wars home.
Wasn't that George Gomez?

Oh well, NEXT!

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No way in hell will Elwin have anything to do with this!!!!!

#3872 4 years ago

I'd imagine it's Gomez. WTH would Keith know aboot designing a game for newbs?

#3873 4 years ago

My guess is that it is Jurassic Park, not Jurassic World.
Has anyone else noticed that Lego and Stern licensing are very similar sometimes?
Both of these just came out.
Ghostbusters Legos came out at the same time as the pinball and were based on the old movie not the new one.
When Stern Star Wars was still a rumor. I thought it was going to be Force Awakens, but it was the original.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpgstranger_things_lego (resized).jpgstranger_things_lego (resized).jpg
#3874 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

My Pro is staying right here. Great game for all ages,

You're not from 'around'.

Didn't say the game is bad either, just that very early reselling attempts in the area I've seen.

Great if you like it.

#3875 4 years ago

A $4k home edition wouldn't be a good choice imo.

But if they could target the arcade1up walmart customers and cheapen a pin down to $1k or so even though WE would think it trash it would make money in that market.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

A $4k home edition wouldn't be a good choice imo.
But if they could target the arcade1up walmart customers and cheapen a pin down to $1k or so even though WE would think it trash it would make money in that market.

Not happening. I would expect same pricing as SM Home $3600-3800.

#3877 4 years ago

Next Stern...
Mark it
As well as Star Wars Home Edition.
DC1356B3-B12F-43BE-9E6F-04FAD7D42D8D (resized).jpegDC1356B3-B12F-43BE-9E6F-04FAD7D42D8D (resized).jpeg

#3878 4 years ago

Kind of hard to imagine them going to Disney for more licensing or even Disney signing off on such a novelty as a home edition. Shit, they can’t even get the topper done.

If true though, I’ll have to give it a look, it is Star Wars! Lol

#3879 4 years ago

Where does that rumor come from/ why does everyone hop on?!?

Star Wars Pro is blank allready.
Take the screen out an the tie fighter?

#3880 4 years ago

Maybe I could buy a SW home edition, and prop it up on the head of my SW Premium and use it as a topper

#3881 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Kind of hard to imagine them going to Disney for more licensing or even Disney signing off on such a novelty as a home edition. Shit, they can’t even get the topper done.
If true though, I’ll have to give it a look, it is Star Wars! Lol

You realize Disney licenses their stuff out for everything right? As long as the check clears, they're happy.

#3882 4 years ago

If the home edition rumour is true, it's likely because Gary hired some marketing hipster that convinced him the company needs to become a "lifestyle brand" and enter the homes of average people. What an awesome idea . . . for all companies that don't sell pinball machines.

I think it's bill and Ted. The artist spilled the beans and had to backtrack (lie).

#3883 4 years ago

There is no SW home rumor. Move on and restore the thread to reasonable rumors.

#3884 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You realize Disney licenses their stuff out for everything right? As long as the check clears, they're happy.

Seriously. I was at the grocery store last night and they have bloody Star Wars themed disposable sandwich bags.

#3885 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

There is no SW home rumor. Move on and restore the thread to reasonable rumors.

Roll on Thursday... You going to be disappointed!

#3886 4 years ago
obiwan (resized).pngobiwan (resized).png
#3887 4 years ago

Where can one buy stern home pins?
Never saw one for sale

#3888 4 years ago

Star wars home edition with interactive R2D2 topper.

#3889 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Where can one buy stern home pins?
Never saw one for sale

In the US only.

But fear not... of missing out.

#3890 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Where is the damn topper then?

#3891 4 years ago

Keep you topper tears in the designated areas please, this is a thread aboot a new game that won't get a topper.

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where is the damn topper then?

Stern is incompetent

They can push the blame back to Disney all they want, but it's squarely poor project management on Stern's end. Hell, they convinced most people that Disney made them do that crummy art package on Star Wars. Anyone who has walked down a toy aisle knows there is no lack of getting Star Wars merchandise for a wide variety of things with a wide variety of art.

#3893 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Keep you topper tears in the designated areas please, this is a thread aboot a new game that won't get a topper.

Don’t talk aboot BKSoR here either! Can’t afford to jinx the topper into pulling a SW.

#3894 4 years ago

Anyone want to place a bet? $100 says it's a Star Wars home edition pin. Loser pays the $100 to Pinside as a donation.

#3895 4 years ago

Jurassic
Elvira
And a home addition pan mixed in .

Looks like this is how stern is moving forward .

#3896 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Anyone want to place a bet? $100 says it's a Star Wars home edition pin. Loser pays the $100 to Pinside as a donation.

How does an additional game fit into the bet? What if it is the SW home pin, but also JW?

#3897 4 years ago

I thought the other thread stated the game was to be called JULY 18?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3898 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Quoted from kermit24:

It is jurassic .

#3899 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

And a home addition pan mixed in .

Cake, skillet or frying?

#3900 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I thought the other thread stated the game was to be called JULY 18? [quoted image]

It looks like Whysnow made an adjustment to his title .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/78?hl=pyramidschemebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.