27qb1c (resized).jpg
2014 Chicago auto show (resized).png
IMG_7423 (resized).jpeg
Suck-Blow (resized).png
IMG_7258 (resized).jpeg
Spike 3.gif
pootie (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 45,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 774 of 911.
#38651 7 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

On the topic of price, I hate the increases too but if you charts NIB Pro prices against inflation the prices have been reliably consistent. That's just the market Stern exists in, and are not really them conspiring to extract extra profit. That's what LEs and SLEs are for.

Have you seen the parking lot of premiums on the pinside market?

#38652 7 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

On the topic of price, I hate the increases too but if you charts NIB Pro prices against inflation the prices have been reliably consistent. That's just the market Stern exists in, and are not really them conspiring to extract extra profit. That's what LEs and SLEs are for.

Stern is the only company to have made a 25% price increase.
It was chain supply issues, then it was inflation… in reality is just greed.

#38653 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Stern is the only company to have made a 25% price increase.
It was chain supply issues, then it was inflation… in reality is just greed.

Weren’t GnR LEs $9500 MSRP originally? Now a NIB LE is $12000… if my math is correct, that’s a 26% price increase from JJP.

#38654 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Weren’t GnR LEs $9500 MSRP originally? Now a NIB LE is $12000… if my math is correct, that’s a 26% price increase from JJP.

Don’t try and bring logic and reason to mass hysteria…

#38655 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I forgot about JJP, that is because I do not own any of theirs but yes you are right!

#38656 7 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Don’t try and bring logic and reason to mass hysteria…

#38657 7 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

They also raised it an extra grand after price and sales reveal. “Lower than whale shit” if you ask me…but if they can get it, I guess more power to em’.

#38658 7 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

They also raised it an extra grand after price and sales reveal. “Lower than whale shit” if you ask me

Gotta love these decisions!

D5F7446A-D3A0-406E-B87B-0179BFF3CED0.gifD5F7446A-D3A0-406E-B87B-0179BFF3CED0.gif

#38659 7 months ago

A product is sold for the highest price consumers are willing to pay. Imo stern is either at that price point for premiums and LEs or has crossed it. I can go to a local dealer right now and pickup a foo fighters premium, or a bond LE.

Based on the venom hype thread activity, unless the table rivals Godzilla in fun, there will be plenty of stock sitting around in 2024.

#38660 7 months ago

Good tune

#38661 7 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Gotta love these decisions!
[quoted image]

Never gets old…

#38662 7 months ago

Does anyone think or know if a tron vault is legit real or just people wishing and dreaming?

#38663 7 months ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

Does anyone think or know if a tron vault is legit real or just people wishing and dreaming?

I think it is wishing and dreaming...

#38664 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think it is wishing and dreaming...

Tron VE or Tron Ares?
I'm wishing and dreaming

#38665 7 months ago

One person knows ...

Screenshot_20220930-170131_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220930-170131_Chrome (resized).jpg
#38666 7 months ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

This is crazy talk. 3 is almost as good as 1.

IJ movies of greatness in order:

Raiders.

Last Crusade. That is all.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#38667 7 months ago

What Stern LE has dealers been sitting on though?

My dealer is sitting on FF LEs and Bond LEs.

#38668 7 months ago
Quoted from smokedog:

One person knows ...
[quoted image]

I don’t get the vault rumor in any capacity, just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to do it.

Venom coming, Elwin on the horizon. Still trying to sell Bond and Foo with inventory of other games piling up?

#38669 7 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I don’t get the vault rumor in any capacity, just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to do it.
Venom coming, Elwin on the horizon. Still trying to sell Bond and Foo with inventory of other games piling up?

Seth…Davis. There’s your sense. A wallet thinks everything is a cash grab.

#38670 7 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Seth…Davis. There’s your sense. A wallet thinks everything is a cash grab.

Maybe beltking can weigh in, his source has been pretty good lately

#38671 7 months ago
Quoted from smokedog:

One person knows ...
[quoted image]

Always amuses me when everyone chooses to ignore posts like this......and then it comes true and people still have the blinkers on.

#38672 7 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Always amuses me when everyone chooses to ignore posts like this......and then it comes true and people still have the blinkers on.

Probably because there are 100 people on here “who know someone with inside knowledge“ and 99% of it is complete BS. The people that do get it right are just as often wrong on their next guess.

#38673 7 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I know "mnpinball" has been right about many releases but they also said He-man was the next Stern release couple weeks ago in this thread before Venom was revealed.

#38674 7 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

I know "mnpinball" has been right about many releases but they also said He-man was the next Stern release couple weeks ago in this thread before Venom was revealed.

He did not mention when it will be released, just mentioned Stern has the power.

Sometimes Stern changes up releases at the last minute.

#38675 7 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

He did not mention when it will be released, just mentioned Stern has the power.

He also recently mentioned that he expected Stranger things to be vaulted around Christmas or early 2024. And that he contacted Netflix

So which is it? Doubt you’ll see two vaults within a few months

#38676 7 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

He also recently mentioned that he expected Stranger things to be vaulted around Christmas or early 2024. And that he contacted Netflix
So which is it? Doubt you’ll see two vaults within a few months

Stranger Things would be a rerelease, not a vault.

#38677 7 months ago

He’d know better than I would, but that Tron post was also from 9 months ago FWIW

#38678 7 months ago

Reworked for spike 2 we need Lord of the Rings with awesome fantasy art it doesn’t have to be the movies just make the character layout similar cause it would be cool to side by side the art. Also The Walking Dead with comic book art. These are both beloved pins and franchises people would love to get on Insider Connected.

#38679 7 months ago

I'm telling you guys, a Vault version of Ali is coming next, priced at $4000!

#38680 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tron VE or Tron Ares?
I'm wishing and dreaming

Prediction: Tron Aeres gets cancelled & becomes a tax write off. After Indiana Jones was an overpriced flop, are they really going to spend that much or more for a franchise that has never made money?

#38681 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Those Distros will be the 1st bag holders. Some will fail as they are “financing” these purchases and overhead now at MUCH higher interest rates.
And that has added to the artificial demand.
The smart Distros have a storage facility with no debt.
As the Inventory piles up NIB we will see how that plays out.
They still need buyers. Will take a bit to flush out
Some titles are future sellouts but why buy NIB? $13k for an LE hoping it goes to $15k for a quick flip?
As the saying goes, “the juice ain’t worth the squeeze anymore”

That's similar to what Amazon has found and still going through layoffs, closures and optimization... Over expansion based on pandemic and inflated demand. They have to reduce in line to survive.
Mftr are still living in the past . The secondary market is going to thrive as this continues because secondary supply increases.
I agree, I'd be very concerned about risk and being left holding the bag as a distro.

#38682 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

What Stern LE has dealers been sitting on though? They all have essentially sold out, even if some clearly stay NIB or are being held for future flipping. Suddenly Venom is going to only sell 400 some LEs?
It's not dealers stuck with inventory, but buyers who are more interested in investments.
The limited nature and collector nonsense still moves LEs, but Premiums I think are starting to show some wear when Foo and Bond Prem are so readily available soon after launch. I was surprised my local distro had a bunch of Prem unsold of Foo. Pros actually have been moving better on these pins, the huge price increase really might be hurting the Prem market

Care to place a wager on Venom LE's "selling out" to retail customers? Distros are going to be sitting on a lot of LE's with Venom and going forward.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#38683 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Prediction: Tron Aeres gets cancelled & becomes a tax write off. After Indiana Jones was an overpriced flop, are they really going to spend that much or more for a franchise that has never made money?

Movies have made more money on DVD/Blu-ray sales & rentals (now streaming) than at the box office for the past 15 years. That doesn't include merchandising, which is big for Tron and huge for Indy. Everyone overstates the importance of how movies do at the box office.

#38684 7 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I would argue home use isn’t their target market going forward. As Insider Connected takes off Stern will be all about location play. IC will be monetized and incentivized. Operators will pay the up front cost of ownership since their business model will support it. HUO collectors will need to decide if they want a machine bad enough to own. Maybe I’m wrong since I have no idea what percentage of sales go to private homes, but it sure seems like the market wants to move towards retail/commercial.

Stern would be at best a small, make shift operation without the home market. My guess is the home markrt consumes most of their premoim and LE models which have much larger profit margins.

They better start appreciating their home customer base a lot more going forward (i.e. - stop the price gouging) or they will be in trouble going forward.

#38685 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Care to place a wager on Venom LE's "selling out" to retail customers? Distros are going to be sitting on a lot of LE's with Venom and going forward.

They will sell out.

#38686 7 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

They will sell out.

Maybe, eventually. Not Day 1.

#38687 7 months ago

They will sell out.

People are seriously underestimating this game. FF, Rush, and Bond all sold and those titles are weak compared to this. Disclaimer - Stern do NOT use my excitement to justify a current or future price increase. That being said, this game is going to be fire.

#38688 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Maybe, eventually. Not Day 1.

Within two weeks for sure, if it goes that far.

#38689 7 months ago

#DarkHorse

#38690 7 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Stern would be at best a small, make shift operation without the home market. My guess is the home markrt consumes most of their premoim and LE models which have much larger profit margins.

At 70% of their business, the non-commercial/non-operator (ie home, essentially) market IS most of their sales.

#38691 7 months ago

I got four sets of speaker boxes from speaker lights and upgraded my pro and prem pins to same speakers as the le. Soooo much nicer now

Quoted from mbl1116:

Maybe beltking can weigh in, his source has been pretty good lately

Jaws is Elwin with SLE. Heard nothing on vault idk if that will happen. No idea on next music pin.

Jaws and Mario, and Pokémon

#38692 7 months ago

People are seriously underestimating this game. FF, Rush, and Bond all sold and those titles are weak compared to this. Disclaimer - Stern do NOT use my excitement to justify a current or future price increase. That being said, this game is going to be fire.

Stern doesn’t care. They don’t read these threads and if they did it’s just for laughs.

#38693 7 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Never said it was next show me the quote, I just said it was coming..

#38694 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Stern doesn’t care. They don’t read these threads and if they did it’s just for laughs.

They read them.

#38695 7 months ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

They read them.

For laughs. Not any ideas.

#38696 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I got four sets of speaker boxes from speaker lights and upgraded my pro and prem pins to same speakers as the le. Soooo much nicer now

Jaws is Elwin with SLE. Heard nothing on vault idk if that will happen. No idea on next music pin.
Jaws and Mario, and Pokémon

Dropping some bombs with Mario and Pokémon here

#38697 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Joke is on you Champ. I like how you make it sound like the executive team at Stern is better than GS. Lol.

#38698 7 months ago

Isn’t that still the definition of a vault edition, a rerelease?

#38699 7 months ago

Pinside is the best business specific research forum ever created.

#38700 7 months ago

Joke is on you Champ. I like how you make it sound like the executive team at Stern is better than GS. Lol.

You should drop everything and go apply at Stern. Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 14.00
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
14,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 45,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 774 of 911.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/774 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.