Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 937.
#3651 4 years ago

JURASSIC WORLD " BRING ON REX "

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

JURASSIC WORLD " BRING ON REX "

You mean Rex head on a spring. That's considered an action feature at Stern now.

#3653 4 years ago

Jaws w/ a nip it style hungry hippos ball grabber ftw.

#3654 4 years ago

No issues with Jurassic Park/World theme. You don’t have to like ever movie to admit that the theme translates well to pinball and has broad name recognition. No doubt, some Pinsiders will still bitch.

#3655 4 years ago

JW

#3656 4 years ago

Man I hope so!

#3657 4 years ago

Man I hope not!

Edit:
Trying to be funny.
I don't care for JP but if it's Brian Eddys game I'm still intrigued and Dinosaurs as a general theme are ok for me I guess.

#3658 4 years ago

My local distributor also said JW. Hoping for a TMNT or even Stranger Things down the road.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from TheArrrrrcade:

Just a one-off for now! If it did make it to manufacturing then most likely it would drop the Metroid theme. I doubt the Nintendo license would be easy to get.

With Universal theme parks opening Super Mario and Donkey Kong worlds in numerous countries in the next 2-3 years, it would actually be a perfect time to make another run at a Super Mario pin or maybe one that incorporates multiple properties in one pin.

#3660 4 years ago

a DKC pin would be a barrel of fun.

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

My local distributor also said JW. Hoping for a TMNT or even Stranger Things down the road.

I would like a "stranger things" very much. Needs to be 80's neon/arcade cheesy though.

#3662 4 years ago

What's the thinking behind Elvira 3? Is Elvira's fanbase growing in a way I'm not aware of?

It seems like Elvira fans can get their kicks with the two existing games, no?

I can see it from a pinball "throwback" theme that caters to existing pinball people niche, but that seems to be a vein recently tapped with the new BK

#3663 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

No...we've played them all 1,000,000 times and they are a bit old, time for a new one. I mean if it's good.

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

What's the thinking behind Elvira 3? Is Elvira's fanbase growing in a way I'm not aware of?
I can see it from a pinball "throwback" theme that caters to existing pinball people niche, but that seems to be a vein recently tapped with the new BK

Well, since 99,9% of pinside with the dawn of "The Munsters" on the Horizon confessed to be a long time fan of the series, it should be clear that this Forum get's hyped/ hooked by EVERYTHING.

#3665 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

It also seems like an unnecessary tight-rope to walk in 2019. How sexy do they make it, where is the line between degrading and flaunting, what humour still works. It's been over twenty years. Very different people playing on location these days.

That said, I bet Elvira is a cheap license, it does hit 80s nostalgia, and you get Cassandra Peterson and co presumably doing a lot of writing and voice work. I assume they'll do hand drawn art of her for the LCD animations? Maybe her lying on a couch. I don't know what sort of footage they'd have from her back in the day and I doubt there is much demand for a scantily clothed septuagenarian.

#3666 4 years ago

Elvira hosted Elvira's Movie Macabre (or sometimes simply Movie Macabre) which was an American comedy television show that aired B-grade horror movies occasionally interrupted by comments from the hostess Elvira, played by Cassandra Peterson (hosting kind of like Svengoolie does). Clips of those comments could (should?) be used for the LCD scenes for Elvira 3. Greg Freres did the artwork for the new Elvira pin (he did a great job on the first two) and Cassandra recorded new voice clips for it. If they are concerned with her comments being too suggestive, then Stern should have a modesty setting with alternate voice clips. Those of us that liked Dennis Nordman's playfield design for Scared Stiff are counting on the new one to also be good.

#3667 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

and you get Cassandra Peterson and co presumably doing a lot of writing and voice work. I assume they'll do hand drawn art of her for the LCD animations? Maybe her lying on a couch..

Yeah that's a fair question...I ASSumed it would be a cartoon character or a stylized character based on the Elvira image...like the other machines

#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's a fair question...I ASSumed it would be a cartoon character or a stylized character based on the Elvira image...like the other machines

Yeah, but they didn't have a LCD to contend with.

Video is the easiest way to quickly generate a ton of assets to display on the screen. I wonder if she brings the rights to a bunch of her old TV shows or her theatrical movie. She probably has the rights to the straight-to-DVD movie she produced by herself. Does she still know the right people to get a bunch of cheap cheesy horror movie footage?

I think it'll all be new animated cutscenes though.

#3669 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah, but they didn't have a LCD to contend with.
Video is the easiest way to quickly generate a ton of assets to display on the screen.

I disagree in this situation. Sure SW & BM66 did it but there's a ton of shit to choose from. Random old Elvira clips...not so much. There's also more of a narrative with those sources.

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I disagree in this situation. Sure SW & BM66 did it but there's a ton of shit to choose from. Random old Elvira clips...not so much. There's also more of a narrative with those sources.

Idk. I haven't watched anything with Elvira in at least 20 years (great license Stern!)

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Idk. I haven't watched anything with Elvira in at least 20 years...

Exactly.

#3672 4 years ago

Loop this gif and call it a day, the vid is covered.

FC414FDF-A8DD-4D1E-9202-A58569AF09B3.gifFC414FDF-A8DD-4D1E-9202-A58569AF09B3.gif
#3673 4 years ago

But the early years (40’s - 50’s) were a better look.

94EE4E18-0792-4D85-8FD6-771F062B14C6.gif94EE4E18-0792-4D85-8FD6-771F062B14C6.gif
#3674 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But the early years (40’s - 50’s) were a better look.[quoted image]

yah baby.. Nice tassels

#3675 4 years ago

With all the themes and decades worth of nostalgia to choose from, plenty of which is unrepresented in pinball at all, I just don't understand the need for 3 friggin Elvira pins. That is a total garbage theme, imo. But I hope it's a good machine for those of you who are fans.

We know for sure it's NOT KME designing Elvira 3, right?

#3676 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But the early years (40’s - 50’s) were a better look.[quoted image]

I need these for my man boobz.

#3677 4 years ago

Why does that blue dinosaur throw a flat shadow on the background???

With hickups in the artwork like this I have no doubt that's from the pinball machine.
66199602_1415201715299991_4037658262017933312_n (resized).jpg66199602_1415201715299991_4037658262017933312_n (resized).jpg

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

With all the themes and decades worth of nostalgia to choose from, plenty of which is unrepresented in pinball at all, I just don't understand the need for 3 friggin Elvira pins. That is a total garbage theme, imo. But I hope it's a good machine for those of you who are fans.
We know for sure it's NOT KME designing Elvira 3, right?

there is no garbage pinball themes just different choices for different target markets

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With Universal theme parks opening Super Mario and Donkey Kong worlds in numerous countries in the next 2-3 years, it would actually be a perfect time to make another run at a Super Mario pin or maybe one that incorporates multiple properties in one pin.

I have no personal interest in a Super Mario pin, but I still think it would be a homerun of a theme. The Mario universe would transfer to pinball very well.

#3680 4 years ago
CADAF0A2-95AC-46AC-897F-505DF69A30F1.gifCADAF0A2-95AC-46AC-897F-505DF69A30F1.gif
#3681 4 years ago
515FDF4A-A18C-4236-B82C-146F22ED27A8.gif515FDF4A-A18C-4236-B82C-146F22ED27A8.gif
#3682 4 years ago
2895970A-5D32-4446-A441-1B3CF070463D.gif2895970A-5D32-4446-A441-1B3CF070463D.gif
#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]

Please do them running from the Delorean

#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That said, I bet Elvira is a cheap license, it does hit 80s nostalgia, and you get Cassandra Peterson and co presumably doing a lot of writing and voice work. I assume they'll do hand drawn art of her for the LCD animations? Maybe her lying on a couch. I don't know what sort of footage they'd have from her back in the day and I doubt there is much demand for a scantily clothed septuagenarian.

That's a good point, I'd bet as well it is a relatively cheap license. Even BK3000 had licensing costs via WMS, probably more than Elvira?

Elvira is probably affordable enough to produce that they can gamble on getting some nostalgia buys from people aware of the other two games, even if not fans of Elvira persay

#3685 4 years ago

I read quite a while back that a lot of the assets are going to come from her DVD set released about 15 years ago. It's a collection of public domain horror movies (including Night of the Living Dead) and she was still young enough (around 50) to look good in the footage shot back then.

#3686 4 years ago

I think Jurassic world could be a cool pin if they used the big underwater dinosaur as a lock or some kind of mech

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I think Jurassic world could be a cool pin if they used the big underwater dinosaur as a lock or some kind of mech

Great idea. Sadly Stern has some Death Stars left over so you'll get a exploding Gyrosphere

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Great idea. Sadly Stern has some Death Stars left over so you'll get a exploding Gyrosphere

Maybe for the LE. The pro gets the Gyrosphere on a spring.

#3689 4 years ago

I remember waiting for the Star Wars release

So excited. Had the cash/space ready. Then, finally, the Star Wars reveal... I was not happy. Ordered AS instead.

Here I am again. Awaiting Jurassic & Elvira. Only this time it won't be a Stern if I'm disappointed because I don't really want any of their other titles.

So I hope it's good. I hope they code it fast too. I like cool shit.

#3690 4 years ago

I got room for 1so I'll give Jurrasik a look over depending on whom's doing what. More excited aboot Elvira but shit man you never know...eXpecially if that's a prem+ only

#3691 4 years ago

Im still getting the same info. Its not Jurassic World But it is Keith Elwins next game.

And also, it is awesome!

#3692 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im still getting the same info. Its not Jurassic World But it is Keith Elwins next game.
And also, it is awesome!

Per usual we'll have to wait and see...everyone has been hearing diff'rent things. Another Keith game gets my attention.

#3693 4 years ago

I hope its jurassic world, and kieths next game, that would be a great combo

#3694 4 years ago

i Would also just about guarantee A sneak peak early next week. Followed by Comic Con reveal! Thats just typical stern Id be suprised if that didnt happen.

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

And also, it is awesome!

In wich way does that contradict itself?

#3696 4 years ago

I hope Elwins pin is not JW.

#3697 4 years ago

Yeah please, no JW. Let it be something out of the blue, that no one expects, but really delivers...

#3698 4 years ago

I heard the next pin is Peanuts. Lucy holds a captive ball in the middle of the playfield that starts the wizard mode and every time you try and shoot it you trip an opto and she raises it up.

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard the next pin is Peanuts. Lucy holds a captive ball in the middle of the playfield that starts the wizard mode and every time you try and shoot it you trip an opto and she raises it up.

eddie (resized).jpgeddie (resized).jpg
#3700 4 years ago

I heard Elwins next game is Howard the Duck

CD41E63F-9DFE-4645-911C-6514E6EE181D.gifCD41E63F-9DFE-4645-911C-6514E6EE181D.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

10,500 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,835 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/74?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.