84BFD745-97CF-4261-9B58-581C66041A30 (resized).jpeg
D8AA713E-2D35-4A30-88D7-F96DA80497D5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5731 (resized).jpeg
V (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230917_190416_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 40,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 747 of 819.
#37301 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Would anyone be into a Hendrix's pin.

I reckon it would be amazing if done properly but i kinda doubt it would happen. From what i've read his sister controls the rights heavily.

#37302 3 months ago

I want to see what The Beatles was to Seawitch on Star Gazer for Jimi Hendrix

#37303 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Not for personal ownership, but I bet the layout and speed would be awesome.

#37304 3 months ago

Only if it had to be played upside down and backward.

I'm really hoping against another music or comic pin.

#37305 3 months ago

It's probably been mentioned before about a hundred times already, but I'd love to Stern make a Resident Evil pin themed around the classic games (1-3) I'd be happy even if it was themed after the newer games too, but my heart truly belongs to the classics before 4. For some reason I could see Spooky doing this well before Stern, but as long as someone made it I'd be happy.

#37306 3 months ago

Re2 or re4 would be great

#37307 3 months ago

Fighting the urge to say Zelda again as I play through the most recent masterpiece…

So instead I’ll say Fantastic Four to coincide with the upcoming entry into the MCU

#37308 3 months ago

I would love to see Stern hitting us with a milestone unlicensed machine.

No limits in software and assets, more toys for the same buck as there's no licence to pay for.
Just pure fun machine like Williams' AFM and MM.

#37309 3 months ago
Quoted from ALY:

No limits in software and assets, more toys for the same buck as there's no licence to pay for.

Black Knight Sword of Rage

Technically a license, but essentially an unlicensed theme if you're not a pinhead. It had one of their most innovative toys on the playfield, lots of great original LCD animations, arguably their most complex topper (and surprisingly affordable!), and a custom soundtrack by Anthrax's and Dethklock's lead guitarists.

And then most people said, meh

#37310 3 months ago

That will never happen.

Quoted from ALY:

#37311 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Technically a license, but essentially an unlicensed theme if you're not a pinhead. It had one of their most innovative toys on the playfield, lots of great original LCD animations, arguably their most complex topper (and surprisingly affordable!), and a custom soundtrack by Anthrax's and Dethklock's lead guitarists.

Black Knight SOR is Sterns most underrated game!

#37312 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes, I'm aware of BKSoR but it's not really a clean slate license.

I checked the list of all Stern's machines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stern_(game_company) and they haven't had a clean unlicensed pin relased for 23 years.

It would be refreshing to see something like this from Stern. Pure fun machine with good callouts and modes.

Also the licenses sometimes don't age well. Just compare White Water and Wheel of Fortune for example.

#37313 3 months ago
Quoted from ALY:

Yes, I'm aware of BKSoR but it's not really a clean slate license.
I checked the list of all Stern's machines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stern_(game_company) and they haven't had a clean unlicensed pin relased for 23 years.
It would be refreshing to see something like this from Stern. Pure fun machine with good callouts and modes.
Also the licenses sometimes don't age well. Just compare White Water and Wheel of Fortune for example.

pinside: We want an original license!

Stern: here you go

pinside: No not like that!

#37314 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hehe, sounds about right, yes. There will always be haters but the hate is bigger when the reality for a licensed pin doesn't meet the expectations.

Anyway they already sell a lot of licensed machines with a long backlog so making a machine that won't sell that well as Godzilla should be acceptable at this time.

#37315 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Hendrix would open my checkbook, my dream pin for sure!

#37316 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I just wonder if BKSOR might have been the right game at the wrong time. Perhaps if it was released now, with so many more new-to-pinball buyers in the market and the topper craze and whatnot?

#37317 3 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I just wonder if BKSOR might have been the right game at the wrong time. Perhaps if it was released now, with so many more new-to-pinball buyers in the market and the topper craze and whatnot?

I don't think new pinball buyers are going to care about a theme that was mostly directed at pinheads

Be it a location or a dealer showroom, new people will naturally gravitate to the stuff they know. It's easier to pull out your wallet for a theme you know you like vs one you might grow to really like

#37318 3 months ago

Ah, the semi-monthly "why won't Stern do an unlicensed game, tens of people would line up for it!"

Quoted from ALY:

Quoted from ALY:

Anyway they already sell a lot of licensed machines with a long backlog so making a machine that won't sell that well as Godzilla should be acceptable at this time.

Licenses are expensive, sure. But Stern also has a fixed set of costs like renting the factory, paying designers, the people building the games and all the back office staff. That doesn't get any cheaper because you are building an unlicensed game. Why produce a game that they know won't sell well? Just doesn't make any sense.

Quoted from ALY:

Stern makes lots of "pure fun" machines imo. Being a licensed game doesn't make it unfun.

I think Foo Fighters is about as close as you are going to get to an unlicensed game out of Stern these days. All original assets other than the music. If they called it "Rock Band Fights Aliens" and substituted home grown synth music for Foo tunes it would not have sold as well, and it would not be doing as well on location.

#37319 3 months ago

Anyone here remember that Stern's Heavy Metal exists? That's a generic theme, even with existing music, and it's been completely forgotten.

Yeah, the only reason to do unlicensed is if you're a small manufacturer where paying for one is risky. There's some success in this space - TNA most obviously - but most of the American and P3 titles are also pretty much overlooked.

One other angle is public domain properties, like Houdini. Surprised we've never seen Sherlock Holmes or the Cthulhu mythos - those are probably the most recognizable public domain "franchises" that anyone could do.

#37320 3 months ago

Heavy Metal was technically a license, but agreed that a lot of people might not know that

But it also wasn't a Stern cornerstone. They were contracted to build them for a client, hence it using a variant of the Star Wars home playfield in a commercial cabinet and commercial playfield wood

#37321 3 months ago

A lot of people are saying Elwin will do Jaws, which is great because I love that theme and think he could make something fun with the theme even if he doesn't get much in assets. That said, I would be amused if he did BTTF. Not because I want it, but because it would keep the trend of Elwin remaking games that Stern has done before

Iron Maiden - Classic Stern had an "Iron Maiden" (I'll admit this is a bit of a stretch)
Jurassic Park - DE and Sega made JP pins
Avengers - Stern made an Avengers pin
Godzilla - Sega made a Godzilla pin
Bond 60th - Sega and Stern made Bond pins

#37322 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bond 60th - Sega and Stern made Bond pins

Gottlieb did the first 007 James Bond pin.
Edit: I forgot about GoldenEye.

Elwin on BTTF would be amazing. It would certainly make sense to have the top designer on what will likely be an expensive boutique pin.

#37323 3 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Gottlieb did the first 007 James Bond pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/james-bond
Elwin on BTTF would be amazing. It would certainly make sense to have the top designer on what will likely be an expensive boutique pin.

Yeah I mostly just wanted to focus in on the Stern history

DE also did Secret Service which is basically unlicensed Bond, but if he was American

#37324 3 months ago

Did somebody say Back to the Future?!

Screenshot_20220507-233414_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220507-233414_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-110821_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-110821_Instagram (resized).jpg
#37325 3 months ago

It’s coming. Hang in there!

#37326 3 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

If McFarlane did the artwork (which is highly unlikely) then I think I would have to get my first ever LE. So it will be good if it’s in fact Zombie Yeti art…it will save me from myself.

Wouldn’t it lean more to McFarlane with that whole Comic Con thing last summer?

#37327 3 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Did somebody say Back to the Future?![quoted image][quoted image]

I know the next 6 games and not bttf unfortunately. I can’t say anything else so don’t ask but not bttf.

#37328 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I know the next 6 games and not bttf unfortunately. I can’t say anything else so don’t ask but not bttf.

So your saying BTTF is the 3rd game of 2025? I don't think it will be that long.

#37329 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Maybe a TRON vault….maybe…?

#37330 3 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So your saying BTTF is the 3rd game of 2025? I don't think it will be that long.

BTTF in 2025 makes sense because they can release it as 40th Anniversary of the first movie.

And we are 4-6 pin releases away from there.

#37331 3 months ago
Quoted from ALY:

BTTF in 2025 makes sense because they can release it as 40th Anniversary of the first movie.
And we are 4-6 pin releases away from there.

With this formula we can also expect JAWS 50th Anniversary in the same year 2025.

#37332 3 months ago

Let's make Jaws and BTTF fans happy in one pin..

samuel-shin-jaws-19 (resized).jpgsamuel-shin-jaws-19 (resized).jpg

#37333 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Let's make all Jaws and BTTF fans happy in one pin..
[quoted image]

Lea Thompson was also in Jaws 3D..

1983-Topps-Jaws-3-D-7 (resized).jpg1983-Topps-Jaws-3-D-7 (resized).jpg
#37334 3 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Lea Thompson was also in Jaws 3D..

Seriously thou, that Jaws BTTF pin would probably sell..! And reserve some space on the side of the cabinet for Lea Thompson!

#37335 3 months ago

We need some adult comedy pins .
The only one I can think of is Rick and Morty and I would put Deadpool in the light-hearted category .
I would be definitely in on an American Pie pin .

IMG_20230610_025857 (resized).jpgIMG_20230610_025857 (resized).jpg
#37336 3 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We need some adult comedy pins

Someone should re-theme a Little Pro into a Happy Gilmore. Just taaaaap it in.

FB921321-428F-470B-BFC1-B5FB3605BDDF (resized).jpegFB921321-428F-470B-BFC1-B5FB3605BDDF (resized).jpeg

#37337 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Someone should re-theme a Little Pro into a Happy Gilmore.

Won't happen. Pinsiders would complain that it is just a basic fan layout.
fan layout (resized).jpgfan layout (resized).jpg

#37338 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Someone should re-theme a Little Pro into a Happy Gilmore. Just taaaaap it in.
[quoted image]

Happy Gilmore is happening, however, it is a one off for a great pinhead (Big Todd).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-happy-gilmore-pinball-thread

#37339 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

I would actually be down for that, Franchi artwork would probably go nicely with that mashup.

I am excited to see Venom though as I am a huge comic book fan along with my eldest son, who loves anything and everything marvel related, especially if Spiderman makes a nice little appearance in the pin.

#37340 3 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

We are now officially one step away from Sharknado...

Screenshot_20230610-050655 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230610-050655 (resized).png
#37341 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I know the next 7 games, and the seventh one is BTTF. But don't ask me how I know.

#37342 3 months ago
Quoted from ALY:

With this formula we can also expect JAWS 50th Anniversary in the same year 2025.

Maybe, just because JAWs is likely the first game of next year doesn’t stop Stern dropping a new edition like they did with Elvira 40th.

#37343 3 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know the next 7 games, and the seventh one is BTTF. But don't ask me how I know.

Why don't you just lay those titles out, we can take it!

#37344 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Bullshit

#37345 3 months ago

Sorry. I misread that and thought you were saying Bullitt (the Steve McQueen movie) would be one of the next six Stern pins. But we'll never know, because only beltking knows and he won't tell.

#37346 3 months ago

What about a pin based on the Black Company book series by Glen Cook? Illustrated by Raymond Swanland.
CDA8F352-16F4-4DF5-8AC8-E470C63F28BB (resized).pngCDA8F352-16F4-4DF5-8AC8-E470C63F28BB (resized).png

#37347 3 months ago

Nope I have an inside friend. Can tell you the mando topper is $1500 wholesale and rush is 1300. No bullshit.

#37348 3 months ago
excited-listening.gifexcited-listening.gif
#37349 3 months ago
Super Secret (resized).jpegSuper Secret (resized).jpeg
#37350 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Nope I have an inside friend. Can tell you the mando topper is $1500 wholesale and rush is 1300. No bullshit.

So both your "inside friend" who is disclosing the info and probably breaking NDAs in the process, and you who were probably asked to keep these things to yourself, can't be trusted to keep information private. Odd thing to be bragging about, but good on you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
8,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Winchester, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mountain View, CA
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 11.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 40,933 posts in this topic. You are on page 747 of 819.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/747 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.