IMG_2567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8131 (resized).jpeg
20240308_135657.jpg
IMG_1602 (resized).jpeg
D&D (resized).jpg
260213d5-b8e5-468d-9762-eeace7ec42d7-large16x9_theboys (resized).jpg
DD07E6EC-DE18-4AF9-A58D-271B4EE2AAC5.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 45,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 746 of 917.
#37251 9 months ago

A John Wick pin is long over due at this point, it could easily be the spiritual successor to Ironmans gameplay, constant, fast, brutal exciting gameplay.

#37252 9 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eddy/Dwight/Yeti are the Design/Code/Art team on the next Stern release, confirmed by Gomez.

I’m less excited about venom/spidey if this is the team. Eddy is wonderful, no complaints there. Dwight code is exhausting and sucks all the fun out of a game. I haven’t played a Dwight game that I liked since T2. Yeti is fantastic but I already have a comic art game from Yeti in Deadpool. I don’t really want another superhero game in that same art style.

#37253 9 months ago

I used to dislike Dwight code and I’ve since come around big time on it. Coupled with eddy and it’s a game I’m really looking forward to.

#37254 9 months ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’m less excited about venom/spidey if this is the team. Eddy is wonderful, no complaints there. Dwight code is exhausting and sucks all the fun out of a game. I haven’t played a Dwight game that I liked since T2. Yeti is fantastic but I already have a comic art game from Yeti in Deadpool. I don’t really want another superhero game in that same art style.

I have negative interest in a Venom pin and kind of meh on Spiderman, too. But Dwight did Game of Thrones, one of my favorite pins. Dwight's Mando I am not a fan of, and Munsters I think Dwight was constrained on (although it has the best Midnight Madness theme integration ever) so he can definitely MISS, but at least it's not a Lonnie situation.

#37255 9 months ago

What is the estimated release date of Eddy's machine for Stern's next cornerstone? I love everything he has made, haha. Something soothing hitting shots of 3 to accomplish things and would still have a Stranger Things if they didn't completely shit the bed with the tk lock design!

#37256 9 months ago

Dwight code is exhausting and sucks all the fun out of a game. I haven’t played a Dwight game that I liked since T2.

Dude… GOT is a ton of fun coding, don’t you think?

#37257 9 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

What is the estimated release date of Eddy's machine for Stern's next cornerstone?

August/September

#37258 9 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

To be honest I haven’t put in enough time in that game to understand the rules on GOT. It’s definitely a fun game though and I don’t mind the various modes…I just don’t know what they all do and which ones to do depending on where I am in the gameplay. I suppose if I had a Dwight game in my home where I could really dig into it then maybe I would have a different opinion. On location, I don’t want to have to engage my brain much…I just wanna drink a beer and ‘do the thing’.

#37259 9 months ago

It's Showtime!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

lets go (resized).pnglets go (resized).png
#37260 9 months ago

Didn't Stern pass on Beetlejuice before? Maybe Franchi can convince someone at AP to make it. It's a pretty good theme idea for a pinball machine, IMO

#37261 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Didn't Stern pass on Beetlejuice before? Maybe Franchi can convince someone at AP to make it. It's a pretty good theme idea for a pinball machine, IMO

Especially with the sequel releasing next September, 2024...surely someone has this one in the works. Still crazy to me, that Stern passed.

#37262 9 months ago

Amazing Spooderman confirmed.

Screenshot_20230524_150626_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230524_150626_Facebook (resized).jpg
#37263 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think the problem was none of the designers wanted to do it?

#37264 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Movie was canceled years ago. The pinball was also canceled. Only Franchi art was done and no White wood yet at that point. (Gomez told me that)

But now movie is Green light again!
I assume the pin is also in the worx once again by Stern!

They didn't pass on that project. It's just the movie was canceled

Of course any designer and manufacturer would LOVE to do that theme. Don't be silly.

I'm sure we will see a Beetlejuice pin and most likely will be produced by Stern next year.

Anyone wanna bet on that?

#37265 9 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It sure is. At first it was very lacking and after the polish it is now really great. All you have to do is watch the video where Dwight is explaining the polished software as Keith is playing the game and you can just see how much pride he took in getting the rules to where they are now.

Dwight also came in after the fact and took over Stern Star Trek and made the software a whole lot better and more fun to play. Not to mention STTNG may be my favorite game ever as far as theme integration in the software and just simply great FUN rules.

#37266 9 months ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Movie was canceled years ago. The pinball was also canceled. Only Franchi art was done and no White wood yet at that point. (Gomez told me that)
But now movie is Green light again!
I assume the pin is also in the worx once again by Stern!
They didn't pass on that project. It's just the movie was canceled
Of course any designer and manufacturer would LOVE to do that theme. Don't be silly.
I'm sure we will see a Beetlejuice pin and most likely will be produced by Stern next year.
Anyone wanna bet on that?

I believe it’s coming and whoever does it would have a big hit if they do it right. Art work and mechs could be fantastic if they just use their imagination. Let’s not forget the call outs they have at there disposal.

#37267 9 months ago
IMG_3758 (resized).jpegIMG_3758 (resized).jpeg
#37268 9 months ago

BabaYaga

#37269 9 months ago

Others in this thread have mostly connected these dots already but maybe not this directly. Thinking the next stern is likely The Amazing Spider-Man (specifically around issue "300", where Venom makes his debut), not a dedicated Venom pin.

More detailed thoughts here: https://www.kineticist.co/post/connecting-bells-to-balls

#37270 9 months ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

Others in this thread have mostly connected these dots already but maybe not this directly. Thinking the next stern is likely The Amazing Spider-Man (specifically around issue "300", where Venom makes his debut), not a dedicated Venom pin.
More detailed thoughts here: https://www.kineticist.co/post/connecting-bells-to-balls

I’d be good with that

IMG_0761 (resized).jpegIMG_0761 (resized).jpeg
#37271 9 months ago

I’d be good with that
[quoted image]

hah! indeed - already got the room theming ready

#37272 9 months ago
Quoted from calsheimer:

hah! indeed - already got the room theming ready

If McFarlane did the artwork (which is highly unlikely) then I think I would have to get my first ever LE. So it will be good if it’s in fact Zombie Yeti art…it will save me from myself.

#37274 9 months ago

. . . when I can't even smile today!

#37275 9 months ago

If McFarlane did the artwork (which is highly unlikely) then I think I would have to get my first ever LE. So it will be good if it’s in fact Zombie Yeti art…it will save me from myself.

Same. But careful... the last time I was critical about Stern's overuse of ZY I got blasted by the man himself.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#37276 9 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:Amazing Spooderman confirmed.
[quoted image]

I don't recall Stern being so decisive in their hints this early. Could it not be a red herring?

#37277 9 months ago

Venom is next. Makes it easy for me, hard pass!

#37278 9 months ago

What's the ballpark likely timing of the next game announcement?

#37279 9 months ago

August/September

#37280 9 months ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Based off of the cadence of previous game releases (which is out of whack)? 11 July
Based off of released production schedule? Late August early September.

#37281 9 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Venom is next. Makes it easy for me, hard pass!

If I had a dollar for every time someone said this about Foo Fighters, I’d have enough money to actually buy one

#37282 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

If I had a dollar for every time someone said this about Foo Fighters, I’d have enough money to actually buy one

Fair enough, but I've learned the expensive way that theme comes first for me with pins. I recently sold Godzilla LE and Elvira LE as I couldn't get into either theme, even though they're both fun games with great flow and deep rules. Beautiful games, but too much stop and go and cheesy callouts for me and I have no interest in Venom or Jaws. Those are grail themes for some which is what makes pinball great...there's something for everyone! I'd probably be down for a new BTTF, though, if done right! Foo Fighters is now ranked #1, so it must be awesome.

#37283 9 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I think the problem was none of the designers wanted to do it?

I think Danger has expressed interest, between the license, new movie, and finished art assets, it's a sensible fit for his next game. The unknown for me is how many releases next year. I'm imagining they skip one probably Summer '24 and that would get Danger releasing with the movie or just after for Halloween

#37284 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Based off of the cadence of previous game releases (which is out of whack)? 11 July
Based off of released production schedule? Late August early September.

"which is out of whack?"

as previously pointed out. Gomez explicitly said 2 games this year. So you're own predictions based on historical releases is probably not going to hold!
I think most are expecting a new pin in early fall

#37285 9 months ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Guessing just before Pinball Expo 2023 for the best coverage.

#37286 9 months ago

The Haunted Mansion from Disney. One of my favorite attractions and tons of material that they could work with.

Battle different ghost/villains to escape the mansion. A journey style pin that will entertain everyone from young to old.

Haunted Mansion (resized).jpgHaunted Mansion (resized).jpg
#37288 9 months ago

John Wick is not the Boogeyman, he’s the man you send to kill the f**king Boogeyman.

I went back through John Wick 1-4 the other night, it really would make a killer pin, great music and the scenes for the lcd? brilliant!

Give it Mr Danger as his next theme and if he can make a flow monster like Foo but a little more brutal it would be perfect for the Baba Yaga.

#37289 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Haunted Mansion from Disney. One of my favorite attractions and tons of material that they could work with.

Battle different ghost/villains to escape the mansion. A journey style pin that will entertain everyone from young to old.

These are two great ideas! I recall seeing a movie trailer for an upcoming Disney movie based upon the Haunted Mansion theme park ride.

#37291 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Battle different ghost/villains to escape the mansion. A journey style pin that will entertain everyone from young to old. [quoted image]

It would be great if Stern made a game with a mansion and you got ghosts and.... ... oh that's right

#37292 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be great if Stern made a game with a mansion and you got ghosts and..

Yea a theme that attracts everyone-not just dirty old bastards . Elvira is a great game-except the theme

Hell Stern-retheme Elvira to Haunted Mansion and I will buy it

What's up with Tron vault?-like crickets in here

#37293 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea a theme that attracts everyone-not just dirty old bastards . Elvira is a great game-except the theme
Hell Stern-retheme Elvira to Haunted Mansion and I will buy it
What's up with Tron vault?-like crickets in here

The Pinball buying demographic is dirty old bastards that's why it sold so well .
Family friendly themes might go alright on location but they don't sell as well .

#37294 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Pinball buying demographic is dirty old bastards

Giggity

Quagmire.gifQuagmire.gif
#37295 9 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Giggity [quoted image]

Now that would sell

#37296 9 months ago

I heard the next pinball will be a Captain Kangaroo with a cranking Mr.Moose multiball.

#37297 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I heard the next pinball will be a Captain Kangaroo with a cranking Mr.Moose multiball.

However, the pinballs shoot out of the backbox and fall on your head.

C38162B7-9C88-48D1-B413-DEF022B3AE6C.gifC38162B7-9C88-48D1-B413-DEF022B3AE6C.gif
#37298 9 months ago

Venom would be cool.

#37299 9 months ago

Would anyone be into a Hendrix's pin.

IMG_4444 (resized).jpegIMG_4444 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 45,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 746 of 917.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/746 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.